Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-04-2020, 06:16 AM   #3961
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

For Irish ancestry searches.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #3962
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, love the eye test -- only it's blurry!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #3963
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Kandie, oh yes great eye test!! I know what you mean about being dilated, it takes forever for it to wear off for me too. Is it eye color that does this?

Hi Melody, what are you up to today?

Question, what is the silliest thing you ever found on your clothing after crafting?

I put on my sweatshirt this morning and there was pieces of foam tape stuck to the elbow! They were arranged nicely too!
mcschmidty, smadson, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #3964
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Lots of chat to catch up on!

Kandie the breads you used to make sound delicious. Good luck at the eye doctor today! I'm glad you had a chance to work on the baby blanket. Dusty will be glad when you're done! LOL

Ann, wow you are one busy lady! All that food for DS's birthday sounds delicious! You sound like an awesome chef!

Shelly, sorry to hear that your fibromyalgia was acting up yesterday. Hope today is a better day for you!

Catherine, yay for a good day at work and 10,000 steps!

Jayne, I always think I know what I'm doing on these computers but it seems I always forget one step and can't upload or edit or whatever I want to do. No worries, if you can't get video sent. We'll just have to meet one day!

Melody, my grandmother made bread, donuts, sweet rolls, pies, cookies, etc. They were always soooo delicious. I agree, store-bought baked goods are not nearly as good as homemade.

Kathy, I hope today brings you some relief from all that's troubling you. Hugs dear lady! I need to get your birthday card made...I have lots of ideas, but with company and Dr. appointments, I way behind on everything. It will, obviously, be late this year!

Gotta get going...too few hours in the day and too many things to do!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #3965
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, we posted at the same time! One time I had "letter" stuck to my rear! I was looking all over for that missing letter! LOL
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #3966
Proud Fan Club Member

I've had glue dots stuck to my shirt but can't think of anything else. I usually have stuff stick to other stuff. Like photopolymer stamps sticking to each other. Or dies stuck to the bottom of my misti

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
mcschmidty, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #3967
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh yes, Kathy, I did that too with my Misti! Was so mad that I could not find the stamp only to be stuck on the bottom of the Misti! LOL! So silly and so much time looking for what I did with it!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #3968
Proud Fan Club Member

I got a text last night asking me to watch little man today. That boy is constantly asking me what time it is! It was driving me crazy today and I said why do you need to know the time? He says I know, I know....its time for me to get a watch! LOL I think someone else got tired of him asking the time too!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #3969
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Too funny, Kathy!! Maybe he just wants a watch!!

My grandkids just ask one of the many Amazon devices in our house!!
mcschmidty, muscrat, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #3970
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness, Kathy, your little man watch story is hilarious!

Shirl
mcschmidty, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #3971
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Another busy day at work, go figure. I was running late this morning so didn't have a chance to check in this morning.

Jayne, both of my parents had hearing aids. Mom because she had a LOT of ear infections when she was a kid, dad because he worked in a sawmill without ear protection. Dad's hearing was worse and mom sometimes used her hearing aids as ear plugs because he had the TV on too loudly for her!

Wow, Ann, that is quite the food list you have to make for your son's birthday! The rice crispy peanut butter chocolate bars sound similar to something I grew up with my parents making. We called them scotcheroos and the chocolate melted on top (I preferred mine without that layer) was a mix of melted butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.

Shelly, sorry your fibromyalgia is bothering you so. I've heard there is a hand sanitizer shortage - and that if you can find it, they are asking 10 prices for it!

Melody, I generally use all purpose flour. If I was using a bread machine I might still get bread flour but we don't use bread machines any longer.

Kandie, I hope the eye dilation has worn off by now. I hate when they have to do that. I laughed at your story about Dusty and the baby blanket. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Honey try to make her little nest/bed out of a blanket that is out.

I'd be in trouble with your eye chart though. I don't know all of those logos/symbols! DD1 saw the logo for Google+ and said, "It isn't relevant."

Ann, leave it to you to have your foam tape arranged neatly on your sweatshirt! I can't recall having things stuck to my clothes, I'm sure I have, I just don't remember what it was.

Gracie, the list of baked goods your grandma made has my mouth watering!

Kathy, too funny about Little Man and always asking what time it is. I wonder why he wants to know so often?

Well, I should get off here and go make my P card.
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:17 PM   #3972
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all, sleep well!

Shelly, I looked online for hand sanitizer and all are out of stock. If there is some for sale they are asking about three times the normal price! Here are people taking advantage of ours again!
mcschmidty, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #3973
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

How funny Kathy about what Little Man said, "I know, I know...it's time for me to get a watch!" What a smart little fella! So cute!

Catherine, did you get your P card done? I'm so far behind on card making with family here from Wisconsin, but it's all good! Went hiking with my DB and SIL and took all 3 dogs with us. Fun day. Tomorrow, we're going to Roosevelt Lake and to see some Indian cliff dwellings. Friday, my DS, DIL, 3 GD's, DD, her friend, DB, SIL and DH are going to a Brewer preseason baseball game. I'm not sure when I'll get back in my craft room! LOL

Goodnight all! I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:01 PM   #3974
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Night all, sleep well!

Shelly, I looked online for hand sanitizer and all are out of stock. If there is some for sale they are asking about three times the normal price! Here are people taking advantage of ours again!

Well, I have to vent.....We went to Costco tonight and there was no toilet paper to be found. The clerk told me people are buying them out. He said you have to come in the morning if you want to get some! All due to some people worrying about the possiblity of getting the Corona virus.

Shirl
mcschmidty, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:25 AM   #3975
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone

Gracie I had to read back and I’m saying I hope that your hearing improves and you are telling me it’s permanent..what a doozy I am lol. Yes we will have to definitely meet one day.

Kathy, so good to see you back chattering and the watch story and the little man is so cute.

Shirl, all our loo paper has gone out of our shops. People are panic buying and also rice, pasta, tin goods, long life milk, hand sanitizer, soap..you name it it’s all going. We are all preparing for a siege I think lol. I did get loo paper though but if you miss out, places are taking advantage and bumping the prices up. It’s crazy as only 25% is made in China. It’s all made here but I think people are stocking up so they don’t have to go out. Another lady died here yesterday..elderly... and a young girl came in from London with the virus...eek. We have been advised not to shake hands or kiss on the face. Virtual hugs ok lol.

Kandie hope that your eye is ok now.

Catherine, I made my P card and didn’t know it. I made two quick cards tonight. Will post soon. Hope that you got yours done.

I had Thing1 like a post I put on another thread. Are the new dirty girls to be announced. I thought it was you Gracie?

Happy day everyone

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-05-2020 at 06:53 PM..
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:50 AM   #3976
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I have to ask... what in the world does toilet paper have to do with the coronavirus?

Ahhh, Jayne just answered my question. I didn’t realize some toilet paper was made in China. So far that odd buying hasn’t hit here in Indiana - that I know of. I still see hand sanitizer as well. However, we are at the border of Michigan, and the virus has affected some locally there. Only 30 miles away. A little bit unnerving...

Kathy, Little Man is so cute! Was he waiting for a specific tv show?

Eye appointment was terrific! All the eye tests were fine. My eyes were dilated, and by the time we left, everything was bathed in lovely blue and pink, lol. We went to Walmart for a few groceries, and then home. I took advantage of the eye drops and took a nap. Everything is back to normal this morning.

Dusty dog is already mad at me for looking at this tablet. She looked at me, then at the tablet, then back at me. I said no, I’m not putting it away yet. And she moved from next to me to go lie down next to DH. That dog is such a pistol.

Catherine, does Honey do that? The vet told me Dusty, in her old age, was getting “opinionated”, lol. She sure is!

Old 03-05-2020, 06:40 AM   #3977
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie, I think the thing with the toilet paper and other staples is in case of being quarantined. People want to have enough stuff so they won't need to shop. So much panic.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
mcschmidty, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:03 AM   #3978
Proud Fan Club Member

I asked little man why he wanted to know the time but he never answered me, other than the answer about getting a watch!

I stocked up on toilet paper and paper towels at least a month ago because I knew DS wanted to retire this year if possible. I don't think there's been a run yet on hand sanitizer but I had a big bottle 30 ounces for crafting! Its about half full.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:11 AM   #3979
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I have about 9 small bottles of sanitizer, the kind they give away at the Senior Health Expo every year. We were giving them to Goodwill, until I found oI from TH.videos , that is what I clean my glass mat with.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #3980
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It's another sunny, warm day here but the weekend is supposed to bring a change and rain, hopefully.

We had a death in Roseville (which is the town where DH works and right next door to Rocklin where I work) due to the Corona virus. The patient was a 70 or 71 year old male who had been on a cruise and had underlying health problems. Now the EMTs who transported him to the hospital are under quarantine, however, they didn't quarantine them right away. He went to the hospital Feb. 27th (I think), and they didn't identify the virus right away. So sad for the family.

Ann, yes, they are price gouging because they have the opportunity.

Gracie, I made my first P card but want to make a second one. I probably won't upload them until tomorrow.

Indian cliff dwellings? That sounds like a fun trip.

Shirl, that is alarming about the tp shortage. I sure hope they have some today when DH goes to Sam's Club! We need some this week....

Jayne, the Things will be announced on the 15th, though this month that will probably be the 16th since the 15th is a Sunday. Your Thing1 just goofed by liking your post.

Kandie, Honey definitely knows how she likes things however, she is NOT an alpha dog by any stretch of the imagination so, she will try to get your attention but, if you don't do what she wants, she'll just settle down and go to sleep. I think we have spoiled her now though. She isn't so fond of her kidney diet food (prescription and expensive) so we have started putting water on it and now she won't hardly eat it dry!

Glad to hear your eye appointment went so well!

Melody, I think you are right. We were living in the LA area when the Rodney King riots were happening. We weren't close to where the riots were happening, but the riots started on a Thursday which happened to be our regular day to go grocery shopping. We got to the store and the place was packed with people and the shelves were almost empty! The line to check out stretched from the front of the store where the cash registers were all the way to the back of the store. Thankfully, we had friends who were there too so we just visited while waiting in line. I was so surprised, I didn't expect that at all!

Kathy and Sharon, I don't use hand sanitizer. I hate the stuff so whenever I need it for crafting, I have to buy some. I much prefer to wash my hands with soap and warm water.

I'd better go finish getting ready for work. Talk to you later!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #3981
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!! Busy day here! Son number five's bday!! We are going out to lunch and then I'm making dinner!

Shirl, so sad to hear that toilet paper is out of stock. People are extremely worried about the virus!

I have stocked up on some canned goods ahead of time just in case.

I worry with my spouse he always forgets to wash his hands! I am reminding him all the time, just like a little kid!!

I am behind on commenting! Will hopefully get to it tomorrow maybe.

Worried, I have to go get my second shingles shot this month! That really messed me up with the first one.

Kandie, how bad was the second shot, did the arm pain last as long as the first?

Gracie, you sure have a busy schedule, remember people before paper, that's the rule. Enjoy your family!!

Hi Jayne, how is the weather doing by you now? Hot?

Off to go to a Chinese buffet for lunch!!
mcschmidty, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #3982
Proud Fan Club Member

I picked up another 30 ounce bottle of the hand sanitizer and gave mom my half bottle.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #3983
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, Melody has got it right. It is because one is supposed to quarantine themselves for 14 days, even if they do not have the virus, but have come in contact with someone that has, my dh says......

We did get some at the drugstore after we found that issue at Costco.

Yum, Ann on the chinese food!

I have worn myself out grinding on to my dh to wash his hands. My Dad always told us, "wash your hands as soon as you come in the door." I guess my dh did not get that memo from his folks. It is ingrained in me. But then I have always been one that wants to wash my hands. My mum told me that even when I was in my highchair, I would be motioning to her that my fingers were sticky, lol. And I wanted them wiped! But, I do not generally use hand sanitizer. I do have some little bottles cause it is used for some technique in cardmaking I think?

Anyone care to run that technique by me again?

Shirl
Old 03-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #3984
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, spread the hand sanitizer on your cs and then add the ink and swirl it around.

You can also do it on your craft mat too the reverse, ink down then sanitizer.

I like to add it to glossy cs and swirl it around, you get such wonderful colors.

But around here the sanitizer is off the shelves.
shirlb19, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #3985
Proud Fan Club Member

You can seal it in plastic for an underwater shaker card.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 12:25 PM   #3986
Proud Fan Club Member

Does this technique have a specific name? I put in hand sanitizer technigue in the tutorials, but no results....

Thanks
Shirl
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #3987
Proud Fan Club Member

They call it gel.

Liquid Shaker Card Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #3988
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirl, here are two different techniques using hand sanitizer:

MIX342 - Germ Free (8/16/19) - Splitcoaststampers

Copic Ink Background Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers
Old 03-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #3989
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in to catch up! I am going to work on cards today- still have not finished my Q card! I may do P first ; )

My friend sent me a recipe for hand sanitizer- Aloe plus rubbing alcohol! I can make my own. But, I know I did the technique with hand sanitizer and Alcohol Inks, I did not think to look in my craft room!

Ann- what a fun and busy day! And, your dinner sounds fabulous!

Catherine- that is pretty close to you! I watched a video of a gentleman that was not feeling the greatest, but NOT bad enough to stay home from work. A relative tested + for the virus, so he was tested and did have it. I bet that is pretty common! I was hoping with the warmer weather, the virus would slow down.stop, but you are pretty warm there.
I am concerned as we are flying in a week. Hmmmm, we'll see.

Gracie- your company sounds like they are keeping you busy and having a great visit!

Shirl, I was a Surgical Intensive Care nurse for many years, so like to wash my hands : )

Kandie- I am not sure where to go one I click on that link.....

Waving Hello to Kathy! So cute for your little guy to tell you he needs a watch. My youngest used to do that all of the time- she is type A and had a strict schedule she followed in High School. I'd ask her to bring up her laundry, and she'd tell me No- I have to be in the shower in 3 minutes....

Sharon- so great you are so serious about your exercises- many don't do them.....! You will be making cards and SB pages soon!

Hello to all and hope you are having a healthy and productive day!

Shelly
smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #3990
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I seriously want to get back the use of my hands! It takes work! I want to be able to craft again! My goal is for them to release me to drive by last of month so I can go to my scrap retreat!

Talking of scrapping, anyone interested, click on my Technique challenge link , last line of my signature.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #3991
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, so glad you are doing your exercises!! It will come that you can play soon!

Hi Shelly, is the stuff as good making your own sanitizer? Could thing with my subscription order it was time for sanitizer so I got two big bottles. Now they are no longer available.

Shirl, spouse says our local Costco has pallets and pallets of toilet paper!! Come here to shop! LOL!
Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #3992
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, Ann, well I do need a vacation, lol.

Thanks Kathy for the name of your technique.

Thanks Melody for the two links!

Shirl
muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #3993
Stazon Splitcoast

question everyone:

Where is the cheap place to get gum? for project in this video I need about 36 packages. it dose need to be that brand gum but some things like it!

Gum Keeper Tutorial - YouTube!
Thanks Linda
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #3994
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, I've learned the hardway got if a tutorial uses a specific size of gum or other treats you really need to make sure you buy the exact same size or you will have to make adjustments to the measurements. Last year I made about 30 little book holders that hold tic tacs. After I made them all I bought the tic tacs and they didn't fit in the holder! And you made only need 18 packs because that package looks like it holds two packs inside each box of gum.

Daily Scripture Thread

annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #3995
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving to you all and sending hugs...I did post 2 cards today and want to play so I'm reducing my screen time today LOL. Have fun and sleep well
Old 03-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #3996
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Have fun Jayne!
I'm back home after a long day...no crafting for me today. I'm tired and heading to bed soon.
Hugs & Night all!
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #3997
Stazon Splitcoast

well dad going to adjustments gum holdes when I buy the gums. But, I know 36 ladies so I would need that much gum holders. And I posted the tutorial because I am looking for cheap place to buy the gums in stores?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Linda, I've learned the hardway got if a tutorial uses a specific size of gum or other treats you really need to make sure you buy the exact same size or you will have to make adjustments to the measurements. Last year I made about 30 little book holders that hold tic tacs. After I made them all I bought the tic tacs and they didn't fit in the holder! And you made only need 18 packs because that package looks like it holds two packs inside each box of gum.
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:58 AM   #3998
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone!

Linda, the cheapest place to buy gum in quantity is probably a Walmart or Target or similar store like maybe a Big Lots. Especially with Easter coming, candy and gum are available everywhere right now. And in such pretty colors!

Ann, I did not have half the aches with the second shingles shot. It was like my body said, oh, I’ve had this before, no big deal.

I didn’t know hand sanitizers were good for cleaning glass mats. Good to know. And I also wash my hands a lot. DH, just the opposite. He gets fingerprints on everything!

Happy Oreo Cookie Day!

I believe we are going to an estate sale today, if the car doesn’t get blown off the road on the way. High winds outside at the moment.

Does everyone remember me posting about the terrible 911 service here? Now one of the (former) employees is being charged with selling drugs. Kind of an oxymoron, isn’t it.

muscrat, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #3999
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.

Kandie, we had strong winds yesterday and they are still here today.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:46 AM   #4000
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, those winds are howling here too!

Did it again yesterday! Ruptured a blood vessel in my right eye! Looks like have been out on a binge again! My spouse and kids looked at me and said how ever are you doing that to yourself!
Kemernow likes this post.