Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2019, 03:48 PM   #2241
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, I have to tell a funny story; another car story! On Monday night we had potluck at Ladies Biblestudy at church. ( oh my goodness, that is another time I ate out this week!). Anyway my phone was in my purse; it is only on when I take it out. Never on at home. It is cheapie Walmart flip phone for emergencies. Anyway got home, took my purse and dish in. The next day I looked for my phone because I hadn’t charged it for a while, since I rarely use it. It wasn’t in my purse. I went out to the car, I couldn’t find it , under seat or floor or anywhere. So I called it , and hoped I even had it on! It rang in the car. Great, I kept looking. Pushed seat as far back as it would go, looked. Larry and I got flash lights and both looked. Called it. The ringing was coming from under drivers seat, although my purse was in back seat going and passenger floor coming back. Larry actually thought it somehow got into the seat. Anyway we gave up after we were in all kinds of contortions trying to reach under, in between seats. We were both sore!

I was afraid if I kept calling it it would die. So on Thursday when I drove to another town near here for lunch with friends, I intended to stop coming home at dealership and have them see if they could find it. Well, it beeped every two minutes all the way to lunch, about 35 minutes! At first I thought something was wrong with my car. Some telemarketer even called me, because when it is in and car is on, I can answer it on my steering wheel. So funny, can’t find the thing but can talk on it!

After lunch, the girls went with me out to the car and called my phone yep, has to be under that drivers seat! This time we pushed the seat as far forward as possible. There is like a box under there that it slid into, then it goes down. My friend saw it and the other was able to get her hand in there and get it out! Yay! First thing I did was turn it off so it would quit beeping! Thank you God. I was afraid it would die and we would never find it!

BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 62/100 as of 05/30/19
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lacyquilter, cdimick, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #2242
Proud Fan Club Member

Fantastic card, Melody! I love it!

Sharon, yum to eating out! DD2 got DH and I to take her out for vegetarian sushi last night after touring the new building. I was pleasantly surprised because, in the past, I've tried vegetarian sushi at a place lots of people like and I didn't like it. But this was good - and the restaurant didn't smell fishy!

Phillippians 1:6
lacyquilter, smadson, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #2243
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsforte3 View Post
Jayne, how cold is it there now? Is this your winter season?
Ann, it is winter. Winter starts in June - end August. Spring Sept - Nov; Summer Dec - Feb and Autumn March - May. Spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons.

When I woke this morning it was 2 degrees celsius and was freezing LOL. It's forecast to be 17 degrees today and is sunny. It's beautiful when outside in the sun but gosh it's cold indoors. We have a lot of tiles in our home so it feels colder. We rug up and especially in the evenings. I have winter woollies on and my winter slacks and slippers LOL. I have just facetimed my sister in the UK and she just laughs at me when I say it's cold
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #2244
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Saturday and weekend everyone.

Gracie...that's a lot of sinus ops...eek.
Melody...I also have a stash of cards I've made...not as many as you or others but I won't send them as so crappy. It takes me forever to make a decent card LOL. I donated a lot of panels to Linda through Teapotters. I also send some panels to friends on this site who I know will cut them up and/or reuse them. Others I toss in the bin LOL.
Kandie...funny post and your dog is so cute
Sharon...that is so funny about your phone. I still haven't found our garage remote. Shame we can't phone it as I'm sure it's stuck somewhere under the driver's seat even though we can't find it LOL.
Catherine...love sushi...any kind. What is the name of your daughter who likes things to do with Japan? I'm going to see if I have something in my collection that I can send to her as a surprise via you if you think that's ok?

To everyone else.....I wish you all a happy and healthy day.

It's so cold here in this study that I need to head to my craft room and create. I want to finish Catherine's card and post it. Have fun everyone
Old 05-18-2019, 04:11 AM   #2245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Saturday. I think I’m caught up on posts but I forgot who said what!

All this talk of sinuses and surgeries is giving me a sinus headache, lol.

DH is off AGAIN for day two of this estate sale. He said he’s had enough. He’s worked six days in a row and is sore all over and dragging in the evening. I have to wake him up to eat supper and then wake him up to go to bed, where he thrashes around and mumbles because his legs ache so bad. He told me this morning he’s telling DS1 if anyone needs him to help with the sale that is scheduled for next weekend, too bad. He’s tired and needs to rest. For 75 years old, he outworks the 50- and 60-year old he works with. And I miss my husband!

Today’s weather is supposed to reach 85 but be a perma-gloom day. Warm is good, but a bit of sunshine would make me more inclined to work out in the yard.

I have never seen an oriole but remember how colorful a bird it is from when I was young and loved to read my bird books!

Not much going on here. I did all my chores yesterday and then did the grocery shopping. I found a meatloaf recipe on Pinterest I want to try tonight for supper. And I want to watch the first episode of season 4 of Star Trek Enterprise. Last night Scott Bakula got blown up trying to run from a huge explosive device and ended up in Nazi Germany. Now, there’s a season finale. This is the last season for that show and then I’ll have to Netflix surf for another exciting show to watch! I hate it when the seasons end of shows I’m enjoying watching. It’s like finishing a terrific book and not knowing what to read next.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:15 AM   #2246
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, that is truly funny about your phone! I’m glad you had help to find it before it finally died and was buried forever in the bowels of your car!!

I would really like to know who is responsible for putting fingerprints all over my glasses after I go to bed. It is starting to aggravate me!

smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #2247
Proud Fan Club Member

By the way, update on DH’s sale with the mid-century modern furnishings, the sale was swamped with buyers who bought out the house! DH said there is very little left. I knew it would be a good sale because of the wide interest being show again. Once more, what was popular decades ago is once again popular. I wonder if decorators have calendars that tell them when to bring back old things with a new touch?

Here are some “updated” items if anyone is curious about the old styles. I think you’ll recognize them as something your parents would have had in their homes when you were growing up.
Attached Thumbnails
b6fcbc75-00d3-44f4-a4e9-90c220665f66.jpg   2911803d-6cf1-4739-ba6e-f91da69d935f.jpg   04c77502-dd60-4242-b1d0-a55e8a7beb5b.jpeg  

muscrat, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #2248
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, hope you get your hubby back and he gets some rest. I remember those pieces in my parents home when growing up.

Nearly time for bed this end. I’ll say nite. Enjoy your day everyone
Old 05-18-2019, 06:54 AM   #2249
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all, just reading all the posts! Lots to comment on if I can remember what I read!

Now, I remember why I don't use computer at the lake as much as in Payson. Our internet is sooooo slowwwww! Darn it!

Brunch now...hubby cooked. Back later.
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #2250
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Woke to Athena throwing up again!! Such a great sound in the morning when you are trying to get the sleep out of your eyes!!

Kandie, I think you spouse needs to retire AGAIN!!!

Jayne, rest well, and thanks for the update on your seasons!! Get's confusing!!

Melody, where are you storing all those cards? You should pick out the ones you like and donate the rest!! There are so many groups that are looking for cards. Maybe you find some with DTGD this year!

Don't know too much about shows on TV, not much for watching TV.

Bad night for sleep again, spouse sounds like he got a very bad cold. Breathing through his mouth and trying through his nose which is full of stuff yet!! I finally yelled at him to go downstairs in the wee hours this morning. Plus, we had bad thunderstorms last night, they pounded the house!

Off to see how far behind I am on things!! And eat breakfast/lunch!! Already fed the dogs!

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #2251
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, the water inlet valve I ordered was not the right thing so I'm returning and we are just buying a new washer. If I have to spen d $105 for the part from sears, I might as well just get a new washer. Mine is 12 years old and who knows what might go next or if it would work after the way we tore the machine apart to get to the valve! Just spent $1100 this morning on a new trailer to haul stuff so what's another few hundred, right? But I'm irked because my first washer lasted 27 years with only a minor repair or two. My second one only lasted 7 years! Sure don't make them like they used to. AND I want a simple, no frill washer. No electronics. Just knobs to turn. Its getting harder to find those.
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #2252
Proud Fan Club Member

Mama cardinal sitting on her nest. If you look carefully at the top of the plant you can see her little head facing right.
Attached Thumbnails
6bfa2d4c-a0ec-438e-9ced-040220fb0d39.jpg  

smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #2253
Proud Fan Club Member

Just waiting for DH to finish yard work so we can go get a washer and return my part to Walmart. I started the return online.
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #2254
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, that is our experience, too. Our first washer and dryer were Kenmores and lasted well over 20 years! In fact we gave them to our oldest when he left home and we bought new ones! They didn’t last but about 10 years. Now we have another set, and maybe there was even another set somewhere in there. I am thinking that is our next expense! So far though so good. But nothing like the first set!

Kandie, that is a beautiful fern for a neat cardinal nest. . I do see her.

Can you believe, I just finally made a card for Hawaiian when she was FS? I kept thinking about I, but not doing it! I wanted it to be a fairy card, so I was being slow about it. But I couldn’t believe it had been since December! Talk about time flying!

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Old 05-18-2019, 12:05 PM   #2255
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, my washer is still acting up too!! Keeps getting and "IE" error. NOT FILLING WITH WATER = WATER INLET FAULT. 2 – Check and be sure the HOT and COLD water supply valves are fully open. 3 – Check that the HOT and COLD water supply hoses are not bent, damaged, or clogged with hard water.

So when this error happens I just simply hit the start button twice and it starts working again! It's a pain to monitor but better then spending for a new washer!

Spouse says we will buy from Costco next time, better prices and warranty!

Sharon, love your card for Victoria!!
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #2256
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's my new washer! Makes sounds I never heard and has a huge capacity! I bought a warranty! For the next three years, they will come and fix it! I have three years of no worries! I rarely buy warranties, but with the new gadgets, I can't fix them like I used to!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-4-5-cu-f...ite/1000757220
Old 05-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #2257
Proud Fan Club Member

Nice Kathy! Enjoy!

Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

Old 05-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #2258
Proud Fan Club Member

I have the same story as all of you. Appliances in general all used to last a lifetime. Now, they break as soon as the warranty is up. I asked a repairman once why they break so easily. He said they began to make all of the parts with plastic. All of them realized that if they made them to last, then they were going to be out of business. I no longer pay an arm and a leg for any appliance. I find the best deal for what I want.

I just bought a new printer too. The last one was still new in my opinion. It just stopped printing and telling me the printheads needed cleaning. The repairman on the phone asked if I had the extended warranty on it. I said no. Even if I had bought it, it would be expired. My printer was 8 years old. He said, Wow! It already lasted more than any printer should have. You just need to buy a new one. So, again the one that does what I need it to for the best price. $150. I tried to find one that would use the same ink cartridge since I always kept some at the ready, and they don't even make those printers anymore! Ugh. I have to change my habits and live only for the moment. It doesn't pay to plan ahead when technology is involved. It changes too quickly.
S2S2019 Challenges $15.36 as of 01/31/19
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #2259
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sally, sell your ink cartridges on ebay!! People will buy them!!
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #2260
Proud Fan Club Member

My printers are years old. The problem is that I'm still using xp on one and vista on another. So I can't get a new printer unless I get a new computer! One of these days I will get a laptop and then upgrade printers.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #2261
Proud Fan Club Member

My printers use HP 74 and HP 75 and my canon Pixma is MP460 (cartridge 40 and 41). I like printers that use one color and one black cartridge
Old 05-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #2262
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends,

I am down and I am tired too! I am miss shopping and spenting time mom. I am broad but don't wanted to anything. I am missing mom so much. I need things to keep busy. but, what is that when you don't feel like do anything?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #2263
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Linda.....hugs. How about just getting out your stash and just create whatever comes into your head..don’t worry about what it’s like. Maybe just make some BGs with watercolours or whatever you have. Think about a card that your mum would like and make it for her...it’s part of the healing process. Take care
Old 05-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #2264
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone.

Kathy nice washing machine. Ours hadn’t arrived yet. We bought the basic Asko front loader as I only use about 3 cycles. Top loaders are more popular here but coming from the UK I’ve got used to front loaders.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #2265
Stazon Splitcoast

No you don't understand mom Help me caft she was my hands. And ect She not here to be my hands in crafting or any other aways! in my life. She not here talk to or has my friend or mom! I am sorry I don't mean to make you feel bad for what you wrote. I just miss these times with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpom View Post
Hi Linda.....hugs. How about just getting out your stash and just create whatever comes into your head..don’t worry about what it’s like. Maybe just make some BGs with watercolours or whatever you have. Think about a card that your mum would like and make it for her...it’s part of the healing process. Take care
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:40 AM   #2266
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
No you don't understand mom Help me caft she was my hands. And ect She not here to be my hands in crafting or any other aways! in my life. She not here talk to or has my friend or mom! I am sorry I don't mean to make you feel bad for what you wrote. I just miss these times with her!

No I’m the one to apologise. I think I understand. It is hard to know a persons situation when we only chat online.

You will miss her lots and more. Time is a great healer. What you are experiencing is part of the grief process.

I think I was trying to say what I do when I can’t find my mojo. When I lost my mum and dad within a few months of one another I would still talk to them...I still do.

I know that you asked what do we do when we are bored....I usually try and find something to make me happy. I don’t know your situation and can offer lots of suggestions but not sure what I will say will be right. You will find peace and something within yourself.

Sending hugs. Things will be ok. Believe in yourself and you have lots of friends on this site. Make sure you rest.

Last edited by Ozpom; 05-19-2019 at 03:48 AM..
Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 AM   #2267
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Linda. I agree with Jayne. Do you like to read? When my mom passed, I took to my books. She and I always enjoyed reading together. Now, when I get down, I lose myself in someone else’s story, and it does seem to help.

It is good to see you back online.

Good morning, Jayne.

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #2268
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. I've had my shower and dressed and waiting to leave for SS. Its been nearly four weeks since I've gone. That was a long time to be sick. Feeling lots better and finished the antibiotics Thursday or Friday, can't remember for sure. I still have a runny nose and cough, but not nearly as bad as it was.

They probably miss me, I fill the candy baskets and I imagine they are low. I bought lots but haven't been there to fill them. I also have 25-30 cards for the box.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:50 AM   #2269
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie, Kathy, Ann, Jayne, Linda, Catherine, Sis, Sally, Sharon, Melody and anyone else around today!

I have 3 granddaughters with me this weekend. Busy, nonstop activity! Just thought I'd peek in for a minute.

So sorry Linda for the hard time you are having. There are no easy answers or solutions to missing your mom. You will always miss her but try to remember the good times you had with her and it will make you smile and cry, too sometimes. If it seems to be too overwhelming, you need to tell your dad and perhaps talk to your doctor. Hugs and know everyone here has you in our prayers.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:54 AM   #2270
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning Kandie and anyone else who is awake. I also was thinking that Linda may like to read.

Kathy, glad that you are able to get out again and to SS.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

We will be heading to bed soon. Tomorrow morning I’m having my scan and as my nausea and pain has gone I’m expecting they won’t find a thing. I just hope that it doesn’t come back again and the cycle start again.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #2271
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Jayne! Good luck tomorrow and hoping everything is fine on your scan!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #2272
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning Gracie and thank you. Happy day
Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #2273
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, I had to laugh at your story of the missing cell phone in your car! I have a similar story. About 14 years ago I had a thrift sale in my garage and when the sale was over, I was packing up leftovers in boxes to take to Goodwill. I heard my phone ring, back in the day when you had the home phones with the cordless handset. I took phone outside to continue packing.

Well, I took everything to Goodwill and went home. I went to make a phone call and no hand set anywhere! NO! I figured it had accidentally got packed into a box. I brought my phone base to Goodwill and they let me in the back storage room filled with lots of bins full of stuff! I plugged in the base and used Goodwill's phone to call my number. It was funny to see all of the workers in the back listening to the bins to try and locate my phone!

We never found the handset, but it was so nice that everyone was so willing to help!
Old 05-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #2274
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Hang in there, Linda. Losing someone you love is always hard, and I'm sure your situation is even more difficult, because your mom was your helper. Grief is different for everyone, but with God's help, you will get through this. You never stop missing someone. I lost my mom in 2003, and there are still times I wish I could talk to her. If there are some aspects of card making that you can still do on your own, do them. Don't give up. Sending hugs and prayers.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Last edited by lacyquilter; 05-19-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Old 05-19-2019, 07:46 AM   #2275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!!

Linda, I so agree with the others, hugs to you dear friend.

My mom has been gone since 1984. So long and yet I still miss her and tear up thinking of her. She died at 56 years old. Too young!!

Kathy, so glad to hear you are feeling better! Your church is lucking to have you for all you do!!

Hi Melody, what does our weather hold for us today! Storms are coming! Still better then some of the country with all the tornadoes!

Athena barfed again this morning, that's the last three days. Yet she does eat during the day!
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #2276
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I took my 4 packages of ink (They were the double packs of XL: 3 black and 1 color) to Sam's Wholesale Club where I bought them. Of course, I have no receipts. They had to look up each one in the history. None of them were bought within 90 days. Duh...I told her ink in printers are used up differently. Yes, I had just changed out the inks, but I grabbed the top ones which were the most recently bought. So, she said she could not refund or exchange them. I tried to explain that they still have the exact same thing on the floor. All they have to do is restock them. I would take an exchange or store credit. She talked to her manager and they agreed to make one set of them good. Since I buy them on sale, they were giving me the price on the receipt minus the amount saved. I tried to explain that the receipt was showing what I actually paid and the bottom was only stating what I had saved. I was just getting angry and I don't like feeling like that, so I just said fine. Let me go and get the ink I need now. So, I went to get the ink for the new printer I bought. It was not on sale. So, she rings it up and then says I owe her $20 still. I said excuse me? She was not giving me the right amount of credit back...I was so angry, I just paid the $20 and left with my one package of ink. She said, "Wait, here is your other ink." I said, "Honey, restock it or whatever. I can't use it. It is obviously worthless." I now know not to buy ink until I am out. BTW: each of those cost $70 to $80. I bought them on sale so I paid $45 to $50 for each. Oh well, life is too short to dwell on what we cannot change.
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #2277
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sally, my spouse would have sold them on ebay!! He even sold off the old parts from our dishwasher, racks and all the pieces, just like for our ice maker in the frig!

Always someone that wants the stuff!!

And you know what! They probably will restock the ink! Sad!

I have two printers, a Cannon, cheap about $99 when I got it and now I think it's down to $60. It works well and scans.

Aldo a big expensive brother!! Ink is expensive for it so I only use it when I need to use foil now for cards or color an image.

But the inks for the Cannon printer are cheap! $15 for a box of different colors!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #2278
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Signing off! Storms are here!!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #2279
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, Ann, now I know. Next time, I will just send the stuff to you or have your husband sell it, and I'll ship it to the buyer. I would not know where to start. The sales clerk did suggest I sell them on e-bay, but I had no idea even where to begin. I thought to myself, if I take them, they will sit there, then in a few months I would have to figure out how to recycle or get rid of them. So, I left them where I picked them up to begin with. Oh well... Hope the storms do not do any damage.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #2280
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHolbrook View Post
Sharon, I had to laugh at your story of the missing cell phone in your car! I have a similar story. About 14 years ago I had a thrift sale in my garage and when the sale was over, I was packing up leftovers in boxes to take to Goodwill. I heard my phone ring, back in the day when you had the home phones with the cordless handset. I took phone outside to continue packing.

Well, I took everything to Goodwill and went home. I went to make a phone call and no hand set anywhere! NO! I figured it had accidentally got packed into a box. I brought my phone base to Goodwill and they let me in the back storage room filled with lots of bins full of stuff! I plugged in the base and used Goodwill's phone to call my number. It was funny to see all of the workers in the back listening to the bins to try and locate my phone!

We never found the handset, but it was so nice that everyone was so willing to help!
Gracie, even if you took the base to goodwill, your phone wouldn't have rang. If you plugged it in at goodwill, you would have had to call their number? I think so, anyway. The base only recognizes the line it is plugged into. Maybe its not the same as my cordless, but if I take mine up to moms and plug it in I have to dial moms number to get that phone to answer while up there.
Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.