Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #5561
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Oh my so many Alphas won!

Kathy, Sally, Roberta, Shirl, Sharon, Victoria, Annette, Melody, Ann, Jayne, Gracie and Catherine!!

Wow, went back over the winners and Alphas are fantastic at participating!!
Must be because we have our own private cheering section right here in this thread! Yay to all these winners.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson, stampin'nana, cdimick and 5 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #5562
Stazon Splitcoast

Roberta, I have a friend who periodically buys a bunch of cards from me at $4.00 each (no envelope - because I always forget them & she says no problem). I usually take a bunch of my stash and just let her dig through them. She usually gets around $50 worth.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
stampin'nana, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #5563
Gabfest Goddess

I've tried and only got family who actually brought but most don't buybthey just come ask since I have a lot . You would think some would think and once in awhile drop a few bucks ...but that's been my prices as well when I have tried ....I've called cafft fairs but they ask way to much for a stall which we have to provide our own tables chairs and tent ....I don't know if it's Hawaii or what but it's much harder to sell here...I've asked local big hospitals and Merchants and wanna know what their reports are? That they bring theirs in from the mainland !! So now everyone one knows where we get the term Hawaii Made ....but it's hard because as you know it cost us more to get the supplies ....it ain't all roses and paradise here trust me ..can't even sell them well on the risk of the side of the road . I get lots tell me ohhhh they are nice they are beautiful, gorgeous etc but ask if they will buy lol many say they make their own. It they sure investigate my cards a lot and ask a lot of questions .. we all know what that is!! But good luck!! What I have been doing is mostly rewarding people who buys the leis we make . The cards help to get them buy the leis when they come as a bonus because others sell leis same and prices same but it don't have the bonus of a handmade card .
AnnetteMac, stampin'nana, cdimick and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #5564
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Melody. How nice that you have a friend willing to support your hobby!

Victoria, I'm sorry you can't find people to buy your beautiful cards. What a bummer! Like you said, it costs more money to send out to the states, so you lose your profit that way. Thank you for sharing with me~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #5565
Proud Fan Club Member

Awww...now you need a bunny too, Catherine!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
stampin'nana, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #5566
Proud Fan Club Member

Adorable video Kathy!

Shirl
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #5567
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I did it!! Just finished book 14 of the Mitford series of books!!
smadson, cdimick, Hawaiian and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #5568
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Adorable video Kathy!

Shirl
I couldn't resist. They are adorable!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

cdimick, Hawaiian, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #5569
Proud Fan Club Member

Loved those books, Ann!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #5570
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin'nanaView Post
Thank you, Melody. How nice that you have a friend willing to support your hobby!

Victoria, I'm sorry you can't find people to buy your beautiful cards. What a bummer! Like you said, it costs more money to send out to the states, so you lose your profit that way. Thank you for sharing with me~
Yes it does or cost for someone out of state to buy from me would cost them more if I have to apply shipping I would have too...if not the card would cost me to send out.....but what my point about they not buying and supporting us locally, which they don't and that's part of the issue with Hawaii's economy because these people are taking all our money out of state . Hawaii can't be self supportive. They come here shipping everything In not buying from the locals . So they also have to add in cost of shipping here which then ups the prices. so therefore all the profits are being made by out of state invaders basicly. So these big hospital gift shops and business I will never spend a dime in them ever and I will also educate my friends and Ohana. There is so much of it going on here . We all know what happened to the Indians right? Well it's no different for the Hawaiians . People should really educate themself of where the bottomline of their pennies go and why it's costing so much to survive here .....they really need to stop supporting business that don't support locally . You know it's pretty much the same issue as USA vs China. Only it's Lil Hawaii vs Both and world at large

Last edited by Hawaiian; 09-09-2019 at 03:42 PM..
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #5571
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gee, Victoria, you all have it bad out there. Gives me a new view of Hawaii and the people that live there. What is Ohana?

Kathy, thank you for the video. I loved watching it!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
muscrat, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #5572
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohana is family! Victoria taught me that!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #5573
Proud Fan Club Member

Roberta, they have the cutest videos online! I try to only post those under two minutes because I don't want to bore anyone, but occasionally I just HAVE to post one that's a bit longer!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #5574
Gabfest Goddess

Yeps kathy is our poster of adorableness and cute videos :0)
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #5575
Gabfest Goddess

Oh yes we do have it bad but we have to change the things we can and just accept the things we can't ....but I'm so Subborn and hardheaded that if they tell me they won't support or allow Hawaiians to get help then I'll make sure I'll never drop a penny in their business and if I can educate one person or a few to do the same then I have won a war!
cdimick, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #5576
Gabfest Goddess

that is why now a lot of the grocery stores now have a lot of produces grown locally .... but people have to be very alert just because they say they are grown here doesn't always mean it's Hawaiian or locally we got lots of rich big money investors that hide behind the fakes .so many have to beware or alerted.
Look at what these big whips doing to our scared lands and how they dragging our Kapunas (elderly) off the lands and arresting them for just sitting and protecting our scared lands because they wanna build on it. These politicians that are for it are definitely in their pockets they care too only about padding their pockets and lives. They don't care about the people ...all except Maze Hirono that lady gave up 2 of her pay checks to the food bank of Hawaii when trump shut down the government and all the resources now there is a true politican for the people

Last edited by Hawaiian; 09-09-2019 at 05:36 PM..
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #5577
Gabfest Goddess

Hawaii was once beautiful before all the greedy big investors came and build their concrete jungles took up beautiful beach and then forbidden Hawaiians and locals access to those beaches ....Hawaii has some of the most gorgeous beaches in the world! From black sand , green Sand and regular sands to rocks and pebbled beaches ....many are getting polluted as well
Hahahaha hard to give you a good report other the. The true Hawaii spirt is Aloha aka Love
Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #5578
Gabfest Goddess

its not Hawaii that's bad it's the big greedy mighty dollar and those who has it and still want more so they rape with their money because they can. Hahaha I better shut it before I get arrested to shhhhh me up
JRHolbrook likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:04 PM   #5579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So sorry Victoria. I am so so sad over this. It's good you can talk and get your aggressions out. It releases stress~ Hugs, my friend!

― Lou Holtz
Hawaiian, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #5580
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! It was a busy morning from the get go so I didn't have a chance to check in. Thank you all for your prayers, I truly appreciate it.

Ann, I'm sure she knows what she did was hurtful. I also think she has some emotional problems and she is speaking from there. However, words really stick with me and I tend to focus on and think about anything negative that is said to me. I need to let that go but, for me, that is easier said than done.

So...on another note, what a wonderful surprise to find that I have won a prize. I love Concord & 9th too! And so many Alphas have won which is wonderful. What a fabulous group this is and I'm so glad so many won.

Kandie, the graphic with the sizes of coffee, the biggest being for Monday. Loved it...I think I needed more coffee this morning before I headed out.

Kathy, I don't think we need a bunny but goodness, that video was adorable! And Wesley looks so much like the cat in the video, only smaller, of course. So cute, but I want the cat and bunny to live together again!
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #5581
Gabfest Goddess

Mahalo Fairy Much Sis Roberta. But it is what it is . I just like the fact that the fakes is so plain as day and don't fool me. They of course are of high power because we all know money talks!! But it's ok all is lil people can just. E who ever are but the best part of who we are is getting knowledgeable and opening our eyes to what's happening around us . Then be the blind leading the blind :0).....can't let things we can't change stress us out or we'd be domed me I just get up dust myself off and go take it to the side of the road and try and try again lol
Old 09-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #5582
Gabfest Goddess

haha I sent ann one day a pix of me my daughter and a friend on the side of the road selling our leis and cards lol cards didn't do so good but offering it with a lei helped get some leis sold so that was a win would have loved the cards to sell on its own but we do what we gotta do ..like ann it's more a hobby for me I love making them but since we do so much it's good that it helps us or our loved ones. Especially Ohana who can't afford such lil things
Old 09-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #5583
Gabfest Goddess

i save my son a lot because his wife always comes to me for cards as does so many of my nephew and nieces
Old 09-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #5584
Gabfest Goddess

When My dh was capable of bowling I had a reg customer for my bag toppers 3 x a year for 70 bag toppers and I gave her a deep discount I gave her 80 for just $35
Old 09-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #5585
Gabfest Goddess

I also sold cards good on Mother's Day at the alley when he was in the league bowler of the league would always ask me for a card here and there and they did pay $5 or 5 for $20...this year I offered 6 for $20 and still not much sold I think only one Ohana member went for that deal
Old 09-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #5586
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Sweet dreams!
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #5587
Gabfest Goddess

Nite nite don't let the bedbugs bite but then you clean sheets to often to get bedbugs. It's so not possible!! Hahahaha I'm in a weird mood today ol one fit to be tied!!
cdimick and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #5588
Gabfest Goddess

I think Sis Gracie needs to go run out and buy a lottery ticket she sizzling hot right now!!!!
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #5589
Gabfest Goddess

And if Sis Jayne win at good today she too better go grab. One!!
Heck all you big winners ...runnnn runnnnn roflol
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #5590
Gabfest Goddess

I should have texted you earlier sorry
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:26 PM   #5591
Gabfest Goddess

Scooby Dooby Doo where are you?
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:01 AM   #5592
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Victoria, you will make it. Keep your chin up and just smile real big...everyone will wonder what you are up to! Can't wait to see what the new challenges will be tomorrow!

― Lou Holtz
Hawaiian likes this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:58 AM   #5593
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone!

Roberta, that cinnamon roll was a Nutrisystem roll, I’m on the Nutrisystem program now, so it was okay to eat.

WHOOHOO GO ALPHAS, WINNERS ALL!!!!!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:14 AM   #5594
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Phew...that took me a while to read all the chat LOL.

Whoop, whoop, congratulations to all of you Alpha's that won prizes...awesome...and was I happy dancing when I realised sis Vicki wasn't pulling my leg. I was even happier when I realised I had won GinaK as I have wanted some products of hers for a while...yay, happy happy happy. You ladies rock and thank you for all of your friendship, encouragement and fun.

Sis Vicki I didn't win at golf but I had a good round and yes I did buy a lotto ticket...i think it's for $100m tonight...not sure LOL. I had bought it before today. I don't check them so if I disappear you will know why LOL.

I'm a bit in shock that I won to be honest. I always thought being in Oz that we wouldn't win...how wrong I was.

Ann I was so happy to see that you had won a prize as a hostess but there was no link to one of your cards..not sure what happened there.

Catherine, hope that you are feeling happier.

I have finished my TP card and must post that and I did some more scrapping last night. Hubby is feeling neglected so I had better get of this site.

Hugs dear ladies...you all rock. Happy day
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:19 AM   #5595
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

My doctor called with the results of the finger x-rays, no fractures, the cracking sound was actually the joint inflamed with psoriatic arthritis, which is also probably the situation with both shoulders when they snap and lock up. My finger doesn’t bend straight down anymore, it goes sideways, and then the joint pops and then swells and turns purple. Referral to a rheumatologist coming up. Yuck. Another doctor bill.

Kathy, DH and his son caught 13 fish, which didn’t win them anything at all, and their bottoms hurt from sitting on the wooden seats for so many hours, but they had a good time. It’s been a while since they’ve had a chance to just visit. I don’t imagine DH will do much today but rest or putter around, or both. I predict a day of TV, judge shows and game shows. Well, I did enjoy the peace and quiet yesterday!

Our weather is jumping back up into the 90s for a few days and then cooling back down later in the week.
Attached Thumbnails
6946135e-4259-4c0b-abc0-4fff9cc99f86.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #5596
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kathy! Sorry to hear about the psoriatic arthritis. I hope the rheumatoid Dr. can do something for you. Hope you and DH have a relaxing day! The weather is crazy in Minnesota too, like your post says! It's suppose to be 80 today then cool down again.

I'm at my sister's today in MN and leave tomorrow. My darn cough and stuffy head have gotten worse with all these weather fluctuations! On a brighter note, I saw that I won a big prize last night! Yippee! Thanks for all your kind comments everyone and congratulations to all our Alpha winners! You all rock! I'll have to go back and read comments, but another busy day! Later!
smadson, cdimick, muscrat and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #5597
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I was woken up this morning not just to use the restroom but to the angels bowling!! That's what my mom always said in the bad storms. It sure boomed away for a long time.

The weather is horrible, suppose to be very humid today and hot!! Tomorrow not as bad but storms throughout the week. Our air is running already!

Gracie, enjoy your day and hope you will feel better soon!

Kandie, another doctor bill but maybe some answers to get relief?? I hope so arthritis is no fun!

Ok off to take care of Athena and Iris! They look worn out this morning!! Poor doggies the storm noises must be so loud with their keen hearing.
cdimick, Hawaiian, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #5598
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a lovely, cool morning here, I even got my "winter" robe out. Felt so good to have it on. I could have used it yesterday but didn't get it out. I'm sure we'll have more summer heat before it truly goes away, but I'm enjoying the cool while it lasts.

Vickster, wierd moods can be fun, hope yours was! It made fun reading for me this morning.

I'm so happy that so many of our alphas won in DTGD - yay!

Jayne, I'm doing OK. My problem now is not dwelling on it and letting it bother my thoughts. But I love reading your cheery posts and your fun TP card is so creative.

Kandie, ouch about your fingers! And love your post about Mother Nature and the weather, hilarious. I think it may not be nice to challenge Mother Nature!

Gracie, sorry to read that your stuffy head and cough have gotten worse with the weather fluctuations. Getting to Arizona should help with that, right? Because right now it sounds like you are too busy to get the rest you need. Take care of yourself!

Ann, I love your mom's expression for bad storms. I've never heard that before! Sorry you are dealing with hot and humid, we are currently having a break from that kind of thing.

The girls spent some time styling DD1's bookcases. She arranged her books by color - which looks lovely but would drive me crazy because her book series aren't together. Of course, everything will have to come off the bookcases when DH has time to build the bridge bookcase, but for now, they are beautiful.

And it looks like DD2 is almost done with the refinishing project on her art desk. Boy has that been a project! I'm not sure who is more eager for it to be done - DD2 or DH - because it has been on the back deck that we need to refinish. They stripped the desk, then DD2 decided to stain only parts of the wood and she has finished it all with varnish. It looks so lovely. Oh, and she got new hardware for the drawer pulls.
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:32 AM   #5599
Gabfest Goddess

Ok well I have no clue where my post went but ....I had typed I. Answer to the mood I was in ..that I felt like a See Saw!!!! Lol
cdimick, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #5600
Gabfest Goddess

I've always used that term as well....the gods or heaven is Bowling for all the Thunder and booms and when there was flashs from the lightning I would say ohhhh someone got a strike !!!
cdimick, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.