Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2019, 10:29 PM   #5441
Stazon Splitcoast

You are not required to do them all... or any challenge. Years ago, I did Monday's technique, Tuesday's color, Wednesday's sketch, Thursday's ways to use it, Friday's limited supplies, and Saturday's inspiration. Rarely missed one, but then I started teaching a class on Tuesday mornings and the color went by the wayside. I also got to the point that I have so many cards in my stash, I don't really NEED to make one for every challenge. So now, I've been doing the alpha, sometimes the technique, ways to use it and inspiration, and occasionally free for all and mix. VSN maybe some or none or all. DTGD same. Falliday same. No guilt. Life happens, and sometimes, you just can't do them, and that's OK.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #5442
Gabfest Goddess

Required or not woooohoooo I did them all Challenges and galleries commenting more for me then Anything else is to see if I can break my chocolate addiction!! Roflol

Last edited by Hawaiian; 09-06-2019 at 10:32 AM..
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:09 AM   #5443
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, no guilt. I did them all this year but didn't the past two. Yes, I know. I should be finishing my packing but all I have is cold stuff and can't leave for a half hour yet. Instead of dancing, this is what I do....

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 AM   #5444
Proud Fan Club Member

I am a ninja, but not a warrior! LOL I just sneaked into DS's room to grab two sets of dies!

Gotta go finishing packing. Have a great weekend!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:49 AM   #5445
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Enjoy Kathy...whoohoo..crafting here you come.

I still haven’t got to my craft room...but now is the time.
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #5446
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kathy...have a wonderful time at your retreat...I know you will! That penguin would be me too! I love to dance and have danced at every retreat I've been to. My friends beg me to dance to they can laugh their butts off! Can't dance, can't sing, but I sure have fun trying! LOL

Jayne, I love to put on music and dance when cleaning too! My kids always thought I was crazy and used to tell me to close the curtains! LOL

Well, I think I'll go look at some more galleries. WhooHoo Sis you made it through all of the DTGD galleries...way to go!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'm still fighting this creeping crud, whatever it is...coughing and stuffed up! So annoying. Have a good one!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #5447
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Back from the dermatologist! 14 flat skin tags burned off!! They are big and not normal skin tags, they are raised layers of skin. Said they are hereditary! Lucky they are all benign! I am in a bit of pain though!! Doctor had a large gun that he sprayed the freezing junk all over. I could have had the large ones cut off but oh my, I have the grandkids tonight and this hurts enough! So now I need to go back in six weeks to see if the stuff worked and to have the larger ones done again!

Kathy, I am sure you are gone by now, but again have fun!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jayne, it's like Melody said no one has to do all the challenges!! I do but then I'm nuts anyway!! I have started trying to combine as many as I can of the weekly challenges!! Need less cards or wait need to send them off to someone who can use them!!

Going to go take some Tylenol and rest for a bit!
Hawaiian, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #5448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Bless you, Ann. I'm sure you're in pain since that's a whole lotta tags to get frozen! You are a real trooper taking on the grand kids, but hopefully they will be easy on you. : )

Jayne, I just listened/watched that song/dance and found it to be quite errotic! Oh my, almost felt like I shouldn't be watching this. Way too sexy, if you know what I mean~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Old 09-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #5449
Proud Fan Club Member

Ah, Melody, the voice of reason. Love your post, gf....Yes, Jayne I am giving you a permission slip to just start affresh. That is certainly what I do, if I haven't finished the round. It is all up to if a person wants to do it or not. No shame! I think this year was a first for me to finish but if I hadn't, I would just be starting over!

Ooh, Ann, ouchie, but I bet you are glad you are getting them off.

Hi Roberta!

Thanks Gracie and Jayne for leaving some love for me to read this morning!

Kathy, enjoy your retreat! We will all be with you in spirit, lol........

Good morning and hi to each and everyone of you!

Shirl
Old 09-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #5450
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeowww Ann! Hope the tylenol works! That's a lot of freezing!

You're welcome Shirl...I've got almost 1/4 of the DTGD challenges commented on now...9 our of 39. Oh no...saying that made me realize I have 30 more to go! Oh brother! I sure have seen lots of gorgeous cards though!
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #5451
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! So thankful it is Friday so I can focus on work at home as I have plenty to do here!

Kathy, I'm sure you are long gone and already having fun at your retreat. I LOVE penguins so that video was so cute!

Ouch, Ann, that sounds painful. I hope it is under control by the time the grands arrive.

Gracie, remind me, when are you leaving for the wedding? I sure hope you are feeling better before you have to leave.

Jayne, absolutely you can just start fresh with the next round. When I first started actually uploading cards to this site and discovered the daily challenges, I was trying to make a card for each challenge. A lovely lady on this site (at that time), also by the name of Anne, advised me to not continue with that or I might burn out.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #5452
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine, I'm leaving for Montana Wednesday. Going to my mom's on Monday, then onto my sister's in Minnesota, which will cut a couple hours off my trip. So I've been packing all my crafts and now have my trunk and back seat full! LOL We have a wedding tomorrow which is 3 1/2 hours away and my DS and family are coming to visit Sunday, so I needed to get everything done today! Whew!!! I hope you were able to accomplish a lot at home today, too. I'm starting to feel a bit better, still coughing! Crossing my fingers that I'm over the hump with this bug!
Old 09-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #5453
Gabfest Goddess

You busy Bees I'm worn out just reading about it !!
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #5454
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
You busy Bees I'm worn out just reading about it !!
LOL...oh you brighten my day...I am having a good chuckle. I seem to be laughing a lot lately. They say it’s good for you.

Yesterday we went to see the poppets and have you ever been in a situation where someone says something and it’s not that funny...in fact not funny at all...but you end up having a belly laugh. One that goes right down to your stomach and you have to stop as it hurts but you can’t....oh my I had one yesterday and I needed your pampers lol. At first the poppets just stared at me and then they cracked up. All 3 of us having a good old belly laugh. I haven’t laughed like that for a while lol. Hubby says it adds another year to my life...I’d better keep laughing.
annsforte3, Hawaiian, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #5455
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone....thank you for comments on the challenges. I won’t be attempting all of them as I know I will find it a chore and I don’t want to burn out either. When I was leaving comments on the DTGD galleries I was starting to feel burnt out and had to slow down. I was so glad to be finished but now I am, I miss them...I’m so contrary. Thank you to you all for your kind comments on my cards.

Hi Roberta....I’m a blow in....I’m also in a different time zone to you all. Sometimes I chat to myself...like sis Vicki lol. Yes that video is quite erotic..I thought afterwards it may be censored. I just like the song and only saw the video for the first time yesterday. The song uplifts me and when it comes in the radio I just want to dance....not that I can dance well lol. I sort of jiggle.

Oh Ann, I know about skin tags and yes I was also told they are hereditary. That was a lot to have zapped in one go...oooh I feel for you. I have some large flat ones that have to be zapped at my next skin check visit. I had a row under my bra line...oh my. I’ve got freckly skin so that doesn’t help plus I blame my mother lol. It’s no fun. Enjoy the poppets and I hope they don’t want to play rough and tumble...yikes. Take care.

Gracie, I hope your cough goes soon and you are 100%. Enjoy the wedding and drive safely.

Catherine, hope that you are winning.

I wonder how Kathy is going....I’m jealous she’s at a retreat. I really would love to lock myself away and create for a weekend.

To everyone else hi....sorry if I’ve missed some chat. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #5456
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Have a laugh filled, fun, belly shaking, great day Jayne! Oh by the way, I'm through 13 DTGD galleries! Holy cow...it definitely takes time as I'm such a perfectionist and started commenting on every card...I must continue!
But, I'm going to bed now! G'night!
annsforte3, Hawaiian and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:09 AM   #5457
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
LOL...oh you brighten my day...I am having a good chuckle. I seem to be laughing a lot lately. They say it’s good for you.

Yesterday we went to see the poppets and have you ever been in a situation where someone says something and it’s not that funny...in fact not funny at all...but you end up having a belly laugh. One that goes right down to your stomach and you have to stop as it hurts but you can’t....oh my I had one yesterday and I needed your pampers lol. At first the poppets just stared at me and then they cracked up. All 3 of us having a good old belly laugh. I haven’t laughed like that for a while lol. Hubby says it adds another year to my life...I’d better keep laughing.
Hahahaha your busted!!! Now the truth comes out why you reached in my shell and dragged me out by the hair!!!! You needed a clown !!! Or just wanted to watch me talk to myself and barrow some pampers.!!
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:42 AM   #5458
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lol sis Vicki.....I nearly needed your pampers but stopped in time lol.

Gracie, I couldn’t put it better myself about going through the galleries and now I think I’ve missed some.....you can say holy cow for me lol.
annsforte3, Hawaiian and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #5459
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So it seems I’ve missed some DTGD cards...how did that happen. I went to each challenge and through the list. Today I clicked in the Master thread and each gallery and yep I’ve some cards I’ve missed...so guess what I’m doing...just when I wanted to create lol. So off I go again lol.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #5460
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Why do I feel as though it’s deja vue lol..I click on a card and think I’ve left a comment on this and nope nothing there...there’s about a dozen in each gallery I have missed by not going to the master gallery. Oh well. It is what it is. I’m stopping for now. I feel I’ve done nothing but DTGD for weeks lol.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:36 AM   #5461
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. I wrote a long post yesterday morning and then took off to the doctor appointment, but when I got home I found I never sent it. Geez what is wrong with me?

Six-month checkup... well, even after four tries my BP was too high. I attribute it entirely to the train that got stuck on the track and nearly made me late. Dr forgot to set up the bone density test, so that’s now in the works. X-rays of my finger; she said she thinks it’s psoriatic arthritis as that does make snapping sounds when it kicks in. I have three fingers on my right hand including the bad one that are starting to bend. Figures, as I am right-handed. She said my daily headaches and morning fog may be that I’m not breathing right in a flat position at night, so I have to do an overnight sleep test. What else? Oh yes. IVE LOST NO WEIGHT. Two weeks of Nutrisystem! Yet my clothes are getting looser. She suggested more exercises (yuck) so I stopped at Walmart and bought a Sitting Seniors exercise video and 3 and 5-pound hand weights. I also had prescriptions for the pneumococcal pneumonia shot, the shingles shot, and the druggist said while you’re here, how about the flu shot? Good heavens, my arms feel like a bat with nails in it pounded on me! So this morning I have my usual headache and both arms ache. However, it looks like a totally lovely day out today. I think I’ll sit under my quilt for a while and enjoy the fresh air.

How is everyone, and what do you have planned for today?

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:40 AM   #5462
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I wonder if this is true?

Migraine Brains Are Smarter/

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #5463
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Kandie, what a lot of medical tests and shots! Glad you survived and the weather is good today! Hope your migraine disappears.

Jayne, no wonder I've been seeing your comments in DTGD galleries lately!

We leave for a wedding in a couple hours, long drive...sure wish I didn't have to go. Still coughing and it's hard to socialize when you're under the weather! Oh Well!
Old 09-07-2019, 06:57 AM   #5464
Gabfest Goddess

Aloha everyone!!!
Tita drive safe and see ya when you get back!!
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:59 AM   #5465
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Just saw this and had to share!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:00 AM   #5466
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That will get you singing again Sis! LOL
Old 09-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #5467
Gabfest Goddess

Oh no he looks as if his being choked to death !! Look at his eyes!! :0(
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:17 AM   #5468
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm sure he's fine Tita! I watched sheep herding dogs perform at different events! They are very strong and talented dogs! Don't worry!
Old 09-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #5469
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hee Hee, that photo is funny! I just uploaded a card for the IC Challenge and plan to make another card for this month's Dirty Dozen theme. I've never done this, but I'm doing a double challenge of make 2 cards where one is a stepped up version of the first. So excited to be a new dirty girl~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
lacyquilter, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 3 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #5470
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, you are going through a whole lot at the moment. Yikes! I wish you the best. Stay strong and keep your chin up. Stamping Hugs~

― Lou Holtz
Old 09-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #5471
Gabfest Goddess

Ahh nice !! Giggle I think Sis Ann trains well lot of alphas turn DD girl too !! Even Karen is selected along with you :0) goooo Alpha Sistahs !!
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #5472
Gabfest Goddess

Sis Roberta , Btw nice to see you on the chat thread for a change :0)
stampin'nana, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #5473
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Sis Victoria! I know, it's been ages since I've chatted with y'all.

― Lou Holtz
Old 09-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #5474
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah sure has been....but I know can't be easy even more so now . Gl you got 6 months of hard work lol
stampin'nana and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #5475
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Roberta!! So nice to see you!! Literally see your new photo!! Looks fantastic and congrats again on being a dirty girl.

I went nuts and did 24 to 25 cards for each month I was on for dirty girl!
stampin'nana, Hawaiian, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #5476
Gabfest Goddess

Omg yes!! You had my fingers screaming crazy ouch ouch with having to comment !! Hahaha
You do trainus well tho Superwoman Sis Ann
Old 09-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #5477
Gabfest Goddess

Yes congratulations to both you and sis Karen. do us proud!!
Old 09-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #5478
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Victoria, I do have several cards to design, so it's harder to make cards for the weekly challenges.
Ann, thank you for your support. : ) I will Not be creating 25 cards, I can tell you that much! I'm not a fast card maker, and I'm a perfectionist. It doesn't surprise me that you did though. I'm impressed~

― Lou Holtz
Old 09-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #5479
Gabfest Goddess

Personally I think we all are perfectionists no matter we make 1 or 100 :0) bottomline is we love what we do and have fun at it is the most important thing and to be rewarded And appreciated for it is awesome!

Last edited by Hawaiian; 09-07-2019 at 01:19 PM..
stampin'nana, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #5480
Gabfest Goddess

hey Sis Roberta did I ever mahalo you for thinking of me ? That was so nice of you!!
stampin'nana and annsforte3 like this post.