Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #4641
Proud Fan Club Member

OK. So this one is three minutes and over the time limit I like but it is ADORABLE and I couldn't help myself. Parents can be so cruel!

Winners post #1
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
annsforte3 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #4642
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday..or it will be when you all wake up.

I posted cards on the site this morning.

My plan for TD....play, play, play and hopefully get from Princess status to Duchess...lol.

Sleep well and see you all tomorrow/tonight. Will catch up on the chat when I’ve finished my cards lol.
OLW: Tolerance (and throw Commit from 2018 in)
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #4643
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, lovely cards! You are doing great! You are right, it will be Wednesday when I wake up...but I have to go to sleep first!

I just got home from board meeting and DH and I are chatting with DD2. She comes home tomorrow night, that will be wonderful to have her home again.

Featured Stamper 637
Phillippians 1:6
annsforte3, Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #4644
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Catherine, so happy your daughter will be home!!
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #4645
Proud Fan Club Member

Sweet dreams, Ann!

Yes, I'm ready for her to be home. I've missed her...of course, I've gone over and spent time with her too as she isn't far away, thankfully.

Featured Stamper 637
Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 AM   #4646
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. I see by the chat that the DTGD challenge is still going strong. When is the challenge over?

DH is back to working on setup for sales. The humidity yesterday was 97% and he came home exhausted. The air isn’t as heavy today. We have both lost our desire to find cool things. It’s so nice to look at the house and yard now and see absolutely nothing waiting to be sold!

I think I will actually have time to make a card or two today. It sure feels good to get back in the game.

DD2, who is the one who just bought her first home, has four cats and two ferrets. Her favorite cat had to be put down yesterday, she had a rough day. She has been out buying pet memorabilia for her home and yard. I’m afraid she has become addicted to shopping. I dropped off the small bookcase and some other decor I knew would go in her home, and I got a tour of what has been done since she moved in. Her home is looking lovely. I was concerned, though, about all the boxes of new things sitting around. Headboards, bed railings, bedding, nightstands, yard things, I’m worried about that first house payment. She has no idea of the expenses of owning her home, and the utilities are going to be much higher than they were in her mobile home. A mother always worries, I guess.

So many cards are arriving in my mailbox! They are all sitting on a pretty platter, and I’m waiting till tomorrow to open them all so I can thank everyone!

I’m going to go check out challenges, yay, it feels good to do that. Wishing everyone a fine day. I’ll be checking in!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:05 AM   #4647
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine regarding my cards. I can’t wait to have a look at what everyone created during DTGD but I’m still catching up lol. I have 2 panels waiting to be added to card bases once I figure out what I’m doing. I checked and there’s 11 more challenges that I would love to do but I’ve got a busy 2 days coming up. I left the fold cards off lol. Those would take me all day. One thing I have realised is that I love making BGs so something good has come out of it all.

Enjoy having your daughter home.

Time to press on....I could do with having today back again. Enjoy
smadson, annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:06 AM   #4648
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Kandie...one more sleep...enjoy today
annsforte3 and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:11 AM   #4649
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette....guess what I just got out of my mailbox...my Un-birthday card. It’s such a cool fun card. Hubby loves it too. What a lovely surprise.....I think great minds must have been thinking alike. Not sure when you sent it. Thank you so much...I love it.

Happy day
Old 08-14-2019, 04:23 AM   #4650
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, every. Sitting here with my first cup of tea and can’t get motivated to go walking....
Catherine, glad you will get DD2:back today. It was nice you could go see her while she was over there.

Kandie, glad you are getting back to normal at your house. Sounds like you will have a real part tomorrow opening your cards. How fun! To answer your question, Kandie, DTGD deadline is the 16th. So you could still make card for the challenges until then.

Ann, how are you doing? Did you get lots of photos of all your family together?

Kathy , how is your foot? Love your videos.

Jayne and Hawaiian, Shirl, nice to be seeing your cards coming up in the gallery. Still a lot of great creating going on. Jayne, you are right, we made some great backgrounds. I try to write on back what the technique was before I put them in my bg drawer. Yet somehow I still end up with pretty ones that I am not sure how I created them! LOL
I am now back in scrapbooking mode. We have new challenges for August.

Melody, it was fun to have the Natural Beauty Challenge. I think I used 7 of the challenges, maybe more, it there wasn’t room for all of them in the keywords. I remember when I first started doing DTGD, I tried to combine as many of the challenges as I could, do I didn’t have to make as many cards.
I need another cup of tea....

BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 89/100 as of 07/31/19
annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:25 AM   #4651
Proud Fan Club Member

I have wondered this for years.
Attached Thumbnails
3b5541b1-72e5-446f-a15c-1a5b6a1a10f6.jpeg  

smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #4652
Proud Fan Club Member

Clairol number 9 is doing its thing so I'm waiting it out. My foot is a little better Sharon, but I Sure hoping it gets totally better. I have an eye appt today and I'm driving myself. I told my sister I would call her if I think I can't see well enough to drive. This appt was scheduled long before the laser stuff. I have an eye photo and visual field to do. I'm going down early to do some shopping g for mom before the appt because I don't want to have to do anything but get home afterwards. Then I plan to listen to the TV all day because it takes that long for the dialation to wear off.

I set a timer because when I come on here I can get lost and I don't want orange hair. Lo.
Winners post #1
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #4653
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Yay! I got to sleep in. The DGDs went home last night. I'm pooped but enjoyed having them here! The house seems soooo quiet now! I miss them and all the activity, but I guess I'll get back to my quiet retirement life! LOL It is hard to see them leave: but I always remind myself: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." I think my favorite "season" was raising my children, even though it was tiring and frustrating at times. I'm being sentimental today.

Kandie, I'm glad you can relax and enjoy your home now. That quote about the shoe made me laugh! I love the quotes you find! I can relate to you worrying about you DD and her spending with a new home. My DD is a shopper too! What's a mother to do?

Catherine, so glad DD2 is back home. I have errands today, but can't wait to check out all your cards and everyone else's for DTGD challenges. I have to go read about linking all the cards to DTGD Queen List. I don't want to miss the deadline.

Jayne, you are really picking up steam and getting lots of cards done! Way to go!

Kathy, hope your hair turned out well! LOL. My DGDs went with me to hairdresser yesterday when I got my hair cut. She put a few temporary purple stripes in my hair to surprise them! They loved it!
smadson, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #4654
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

Ha! I get those text alerts from JoAnn's on my phone and one just came. At 1st glance, I thought it said Fabric Free Shopping... I'm thinking, "WHAT???" -- looked again... Fabric Free Shipping -- right, NO COMMA!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

smadson, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #4655
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I have a stack of birthday cards I need to thank everyone for but with family doings and DTGD I have not had the time!! They are here waiting for me right on my desk!

Kathy, don't end up with orange hair!! Hope all goes well at the eye doc.

Kandie, so fun to get rid of stuff and have a clean house!! I still have more to do with Christmas stuff!! Things we do not use I want out of here!! I have a collection of the large houses for a Christmas village! Most I think I am going to have spouse sell! I just don't have the room for those gigantic houses.

Son bought me a small house from Amsterdam as a gift when he came and his dad he got a beer mug!!

Off to get moving!! Need to think about my X card and how I can tie it into DTGD!!
smadson, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #4656
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm a blonde without gray roots again! Everyone says I don't look my age, so I wonder why they give me the senior discounts then? LOL I think maybe because I'm with DH? LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I'm loving the shorter hair. And its less hair to color.

Here's cuteness of the human kind!

Winners post #1
Old 08-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #4657
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

If anyone is interested in the history of the ABC challenges, here is a link to the first round from Dani: The ABC's of Cardmaking - easy & quick challenge - Splitcoaststampers

Faye aka Fayemakescards had asked about it and wanted to look for cards for those challenges!
Ozpom and Kemernow like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #4658
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning from warm Northern California. Down where I work, the forecast is for 102-106 today and tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, even 100 up in the mountains where we live. Yikes! But then we are supposed to cool down again, thankfully.

That would be concerning about your DD, Kandie. It is hard, sometimes, to resist getting new things for your new place. Yes, I believe parenting is a lifetime sentence...but I wouldn't change having the girls.

Jayne, yes, making backgrounds is fun. I was happy to use up some of the backgrounds from my stash and I totally do not remember how I created some of them!

Sharon, I still need to get back to scrapbooking. I just always seem to be too busy. I mean, to get DTGD done I really short changed my sleep. I can do that for a short time but not long term.

Kandie, I have wondered the same thing about the single shoes I see. I've also wondered about the pairs of shoes I've seen draped over the overhead wires.

Kathy, glad you didn't end up with orange hair, hope your eye appointment goes well.

Gracie, I need to get back to commenting on DTGD galleries. There are so many! I don't have DD2 home yet, not until after the dogs have their supper tonight because their humans aren't home until after their dinner. I'm glad you had fun with your DGDs and what fun to craft with them. I'm glad you posted their cards!

Melody, yes, commas are important! DD1 plans to major in English and Communications and she is passionate about grammar!

Ann, I know what I want to do for my X card but didn't get to it last night. It will be DD2's birthday card - she turns 16 this Sunday - so I need to make it before she comes home tonight.

I'll have to watch that cuteness later, Kathy, as I have to finish getting ready for work and get out the door.

Featured Stamper 637
annsforte3, Ozpom, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #4659
Proud Fan Club Member

Dr. says my eyes look good. She is puzzled because my pressures have been 18 the last couple of times and they are usually higher. She says she is very happy with the tests today. And she says the big floaters are very dense. She can see them and cannot see through them! She says they could clear up but if not I'll have to live with it. I did not have to have my eyes dilated! Yay! So I stopped for Chinese food to bring home!
Winners post #1
Old 08-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #4660
Proud Fan Club Member

Today's short, sweet video!

Winners post #1
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #4661
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kandieeeeeeeee, happy birthday to you. Have a wonderful day and rest and enjoy. Hugs

It is Thursday the 15th here ladies..so on that note..happy Thursday and catch you all later. I’m heading out now.
annsforte3, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #4662
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay, DD2 is back home so the entire family is back together under the same roof. Inside is the only place to be right now as it is quite hot outside!

Glad your eye appointment went well, Kathy.

Featured Stamper 637
Old 08-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #4663
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, adorable kitties and baby! Glad your eyes OK and sure hope the floaters dissolve for you.

Yay, Catherine, so happy that you have you whole family together again! Sorry it's so hot for you all!

Nice singing Jayne! LOL

Ann, I'm going to go read about how the ABC challenge started. Thanks for sharing that. Can't wait to see your X card.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #4664
Proud Fan Club Member

I thought I saw a challenge, that was to use one of your panels that went into the "round file", meaning garbage, but now I cannot find it. Was I dreaming, lol? I thought it was part of the DTGD challenges. I do dream about cards, lol.....

Shirl
Old 08-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #4665
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlb19 View Post
I thought I saw a challenge, that was to use one of your panels that went into the "round file", meaning garbage, but now I cannot find it. Was I dreaming, lol? I thought it was part of the DTGD challenges. I do dream about cards, lol.....

Shirl

That was the missing KelliJo challenge, but then it was erased. So there are only 39 challenges.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #4666
Proud Fan Club Member

You weren't dreaming! LOL
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Ozpom like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #4667
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, thanks Gracie, that explains everything!

Well, it is still the 14th here for a few more hours, but I am going to wish Kandie a wonderful birthday tomorrow. I mailed your card, but it probably won't get there till afterwards. Enjoy your day!

Shirl
Ozpom, Kemernow and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #4668
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Shirl, you weren't dreaming. That challenge was there...for a short time...long enough for me to make a card for it...and then it disappeared again.

I realized I completely missed the fun of DTGD last year because we had just moved. When I did it before, it wasn't confusing like it has been this year. But, no matter, it has still been a fantastic and fun bunch of challenges. I love it! I always learn something new.

Featured Stamper 637
Old 08-15-2019, 03:48 AM   #4669
Proud Fan Club Member

I think Kandie is having a lie in on her birthday. I’m going to play and keep doing DTGD catchup. 2 more done lol. It’s a slow process here. Happy day
smadson, annsforte3, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:54 AM   #4670
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you, Kandie!

BLOG: Foxy Stamping
Featured Stamper 633
QFTD 158

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 89/100 as of 07/31/19
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:58 AM   #4671
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Kandie!
Winners post #1
annsforte3, shirlb19, Kemernow and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:24 AM   #4672
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Kathy, Shirl, Jayne, Sharon, for the birthday wishes! I have a stack of wonderful cards from my Alpha friends that I will open today and enjoy! I did indeed have a lie-in yesterday, Jayne.

Oops, DH is heading out to work on another house setup, so I’ll be right back, I have to wish him a good and aggravations-free day. He gets so angry with the ladies he works with. Which is why I quit working with them, not worth the stress!

annsforte3, shirlb19, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:08 AM   #4673
Proud Fan Club Member

Bad when DH takes Tylenol BEFORE he goes to work with the ladies, lol. They argue (loudly) over what to do and what to throw away and what to keep, until he finally yells Would you three just shut UP!

I just opened a REAL card from Gracie (love that stamp), oh Gracie, what a gorgeous black and gold exquisite card, thank you so much! ❤️

Kathy, love, love the card you made with the Margscardcrazy DTGD challenge! What a gorgeous monotone creation! Thank you!

Annette, your hummingbird birthday card is so lovely, thanks so much!

Jayne, I did indeed wait until today to open my card! Love the stamp you used, “yes I make cards, sometimes I even mail them”, wow, if you could see the bowl of cards on my table that I will never mail because I love how they turned out, you would laugh, lol. Thank you for the goodies inside that gorgeous multilayer card!

Ann, I adore your card, and I would have never thought to use a bg behind a stamped and colored picture like that with the flowers in the corner. You are so creative. And I had to stop DH from running off with the fairy on the moon die cut because he thinks he saw her through the bathroom window the other night during one of his midnight bathroom runs! Thank you!

Sharon, how I smiled when I saw you had colored the image I sent you and put it on a birthday card for me, so fun and special, and the teeny tiny metallic dots are perfect. Thanks so much!

Alpha Sisters, you are the BEST!!!

Last edited by Kemernow; 08-15-2019 at 05:12 AM..
smadson, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:29 AM   #4674
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy birthday, Kandie! My card will be fashionably late... I ran out of stamps... postage stamps, that is!

muscrat, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 AM   #4675
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I’m glad to hear you are a lovely blonde again. . And also that your eyes are good! And that kitten video was just too sweet. There’s always one!

Gracie, I believe DD2 is now a bit miffed at me because I mentioned her spending. I need to contact her today to see how she’s doing after the loss of her favorite pet.

Melody, I get aggravated over not only misplaced or lack of commas but also apostrophes. I see so many signs with them in places that are not needed.

Jayne, DH had to work yesterday and I was just so tired that I just moved s-l-o-w-l-y all day. Bed made, shower, makeup, straighten up house, wash dishes, watch Netflix, all done at the speed of a snail, lol. It felt so good.

Today for my birthday I ordered some makeups on HSN (Home Shopping Network). Some new smudgy eyeliners, even some false eyelashes! So many ladies are wearing them now, it’s amazing. I see it at the high-dollar stores and even my beautician. I thought I might have fun playing with them, as I haven’t tried them since high school, and that was a LONG time ago, lol. If I actually make them work I will post a photo. And if I end up looking like caterpillars are sitting on my eyes, I’ll post that photo too!

muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 1 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:34 AM   #4676
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, just like all of you, I love getting late birthday cards!!! Thanks so much!

annsforte3, Ozpom and JRHolbrook like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:57 AM   #4677
Proud Fan Club Member

I giggled when I read melody's post about running out of stamps! I knew it had to be postage stamps!

DS1 called. He was trucking but he said he's quitting early today. He doesn't feel well. I worry about him. He works six days a week just to keep afloat but that's hard on a person. Like my sister next door. She took a second job for weekends only. But that means she is working seven days a week. I think she wanted to pay off some bills and then give up the second job, but she said she may tell them august is it. I hope she does because she is also doing online schooling. She has a great job that pays more than twice an hour what she's getting at the weekend job. I think she's also helping her son with his apartment in Philly. Speaking of philly, I meant to ask her if nephew lives anywhere near that shootout that took place yesterday. He posted a picture on Facebook that DS2 showed me of a doorway with a kitten sleeping on the top of the frame and he called it City Kitty! LOL

Kandie, any special plans for your birthday? DH says we are eating out tonight. Haven't decided where yet. Maybe just long john silvers, but he said I could choose. I couldn't decide last night. When I'm not hungry, its hard to think. I've had 17 Wendy's salads already, but they will soon stop selling those.
Winners post #1
Old 08-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #4678
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
Today for my birthday I ordered some makeups on HSN (Home Shopping Network). Some new smudgy eyeliners, even some false eyelashes! So many ladies are wearing them now, it’s amazing. I see it at the high-dollar stores and even my beautician. I thought I might have fun playing with them, as I haven’t tried them since high school, and that was a LONG time ago, lol. If I actually make them work I will post a photo. And if I end up looking like caterpillars are sitting on my eyes, I’ll post that photo too!

And you could always use them on cards!!! LOL

muscrat, annsforte3, Ozpom and 2 others like this post.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #4679
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Melody what a terrific idea! I love it!!!

Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 AM   #4680
Proud Fan Club Member

I missed that part of kandies post! False eyelashes sound like fun but with my eye issues I can't play. Boohoo. I don't even wear mascara anymore...well sometimes I use it a little but I rub my eyes a lot. I asked doc what caused my retina tear and she said the gel sack detached and pulled on the retina. She says most times when the gel sack detaches, it detaches clean, but mine wouldn't let go. (My words, not hers. That's how I understood what she was saying.) My gel sacks detached in both eyes about 7 months apart. They call it PVD (posterior vitreous detachment). When she was examining me, she used the word pigmented. In stamping that's a good thing. Not sure what she meant by it.
Winners post #1