Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #3561
Gabfest Goddess

X

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892

Last edited by contrapat; 12-23-2018 at 12:16 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #3562
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies. Yes, you are right about the wood blocks. Fortunately for me, like Pat, I have a supply of wood blocks, which I either purchased or paid for shipping to get, so most sizes of stamps I have blocks for.

However, with that being said, for a number of years now, very few SU stamps have even appealed to me, so I have only bought a few anyway. For real... I don't NEED any more stamps, so I'm extremely selective. I don't like the clear ones period, so I'm not even tempted to buy them.

I also have the TH stamp platform and just ordered the mini misti for my DTGD prize, but I kinda forget about all the cling stamps that I own and still use my wood mount.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 11-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #3563
Gabfest Goddess

X

Cards request for Al:

Last edited by contrapat; 12-23-2018 at 12:16 PM..
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #3564
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Melody,

I will buy unmounted stamps occasionally, saves postage and money. Then I mount them on wood. I'm always going to be a wood mount girl!
I do the same thing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Hawaiian likes this post.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #3565
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy so happy to hear your DS made it home safely! Thank goodness you're DH stayed at work and is safe too!

Sis Victoria, sorry to hear all the frustration with the poor care Des is receiving. I sure hope her hives and swelling disappear totally. Praying they figure out why she is having those awful headaches.

Catherine, it's good to hear that they are finally starting to contain the fires in California. So many families have been affected.

Fun reading about the wood vs. clear stamps. I've always loved the wood stamps for the fact the image stamps so much better. I do like the way you can restamp the clear stamps with Tim H or Misti positioner. I've always preferred wood stamps, love the look, love the feel and the quality of the stamped image.

Well, my DH and I are in Phoenix for 4 days watching my DD and her friends 4 dogs, plus we have our 2. So we took 6 dogs to the dog park tonight! Such a zoo! I guess I won't be crafting this weekend.

Take care all and stay healthy, warm and well-fed this weekend.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #3566
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann - yes, we are doing fine. The smoke was horrible yesterday but improved today.

Melody, Pat, Gracie - if I ever get brave and unmount my wood mount stamps, I'll have wood blocks for you!

Phillippians 1:6
Old 11-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #3567
Stazon Splitcoast

Question for everyone:

I have a folder card how to videos. And patterns that are PDF Files. And instructions but she did marked with anything. So now confused what go what? I can figure now. But I can change anything do to PDF flies. So, What do you ladies note on things? I wanted to do this before I forget what goes to with different flies and etc. But not sure what do fix my problems? And help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda
Old 11-17-2018, 03:18 AM   #3568
Stazon Splitcoast

Caught up on at least the last five pages of chatter. I feel a novella coming on!

Des: Miss Vicki...so very sorry to hear about Des and her migraines...then the allergies compounding the problems! Sometimes you have to wonder about doctors, etc. If they are not great diagnosticians like the good old Dr. House...seems things get a lot worse before they get better!

More on Migraines: My daughter has a GF would had migraines REALLY bad...sick to her stomach and all. She has been trying a new medicine for about two months and eliminated wheat from her diet (maybe some other foods too...don't remember)...so far, she's been headache free. If interested, I can asked her specifically...her Mom is one of my best cardmaking buddies.

Aches & Pains: Sorry to hear about a lot of you having aches and pains...I'm right there with you...lots of joint and hand issues...I think I should complain more on my next doctor visit and have it delved into...thinking I might have more than simple arthritis.

Wood/ Clear/ Polymer stamps: read all this with interest! I'm definitely NOT a wood stamp lover...like to be able to see a label (or polymers) where you can tell what/ where you are stamping, plus the storage factor. But, I do know there are some who LOVE them and swear by them...just never got there, so I avoid them like a plague. I am SO excited about the new clear mount with SU...non-sticking was one of my pet peeves because I like the labels on. So, I always mounted the label and then used my double stick 3M tape gun when I used them, running a new strip as needed.

Ann/ Catherine: LOVE the SCS site for Christmas card...I didn't actually know about it last year...probably because of my hand issues and not able to craft or use the computer much. My cortisone shots are wearing off, so will probably have to look into that hand surgery in the new year now that my knees are taken care of...no more canes.

Challenges Hard to Find: It's difficult to find the challenge sites that aren't part of weekly challenges listed on the home page if you don't know where to find them. I never knew about any before or about getting to them via the Forum until I got met Miss Carla...Covington Crafter...she was a great help to helping me navigate the SCS site...it isn't intuitive and certainly not easy to figure out on your own!

Behind...Need to Catch Up! Ann, if you were anymore caught up, I might have to give up on myself! I am in awe of your organizational skills and ability to get things DONE! You go girl!

Weather: It's interesting about the weather and how cold some of you are already. It seems like we are barely getting into winter weather here in the Pacific Northwest. Come January and February, we'll know for sure...but of course, never quite like the midwest and East Coast.

Kathy: Read the parrot joke...that was priceless...still smiling!! I must write that one down for sure!

Fires in CA: I'm always worrying about my Mom and sister in Redding, CA after their horrible bout with the Carr Fire in mid-summer. Thankfully, they all survived as well as their homes...only a niece and nephew had to evacuate and although many around their homes burned, theirs did not. Praise God! I knew the Paradise lady who had a scrapping shop in Paradise (and for a while in Chico), who lived in Paradise. Hope she and her family have survived. At least there were no worries about her business as she closed about two years ago.

Grumpy T-shirt: Thanks Kandie for you blurb about DH's grumpy t-shirt...love both of your sense of humors...always a joy to get a chuckle out of!

Crafty Merla: Thanks for sharing your card...it makes it so easy to take a peak and comments when they are right there to click into.

Alpha Round 10: So, Miss Slow Poke, Carlene, has posted two to Round 10. I still have Letter X for Round 9...will have to find something yellow to make so I can finish! I'm finding Round 10 a bit of a challenge to meet the theme and the letter, but was happy to find the definition the "heavenly host" idea for my angel Christmas card! Thought the angel was perfect for "heavens" theme, but angel didn't start with H. Then, a light bulb went on and I thought, "wait, aren't they know as "heavenly hosts" as well? Googled it to be sure...and sure enough...I was doing the happy dance!

Had to make an baby card for DS#1's girl friend (her first grandchild is due in January). Used a little discontinued elephant stamp I've had for a long time (took the libery to stamping, scanning, and modifying its size for my card frame...so I think I'll post to Letter E, then I'll have three for Round 10 done!

Christmas Challenge...I'm determined to get my Christmas card done and complete the all the Christmas challenges this year. Ha...we'll see how that goes!

Well, everyone is sleeping except me...even Miss Vicki...so I'm off the bed!
2017 Christmas Card Challenge: 8/24; 2018 Christmas Card Challenge 3/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 4/26.

Last edited by Chatterbox-1; 11-18-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #3569
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies. Still sick here, I think I have bronchitis, but oddly, the body aches have disappeared.

Toilet is still sitting in the hall. Our bathroom is so tiny that DH can barely turn around to work, and he is exceedingly grumpy over getting it done. But he did thank me last night for asking that the wallpaper come off and the old floor be changed to something lighter. He said he didn’t realize how dated they both were, and how dark they made that tiny room.

Calm out today, snowflakes are falling, but on the whole, a decent weather report all next week including thanksgiving.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #3570
Proud Fan Club Member

Little Sis, I can’t believe Des’ doctors. That poor girl. My prayers are with her, and your entire family.

My favorite guy from Grimm is in A Million Little Pieces? I most certainly will now check that show out! Thanks for the tip!

I never use my wood stamps with the exception of the SU trees stamps my little Sis sent me; I LOVE those. I think I’m going to box them up and get rid of them.

Not even in the holiday spirit yet in this household, although that certainly isn’t true of all the people in the grocery store yesterday! (Meijer stores). The checkout line was 10 to 15 people long at every lane. Kind of fun, everyone chatting with everyone else, and people muttering Doesn’t anyone work on Fridays anymore. I heard one gentleman telling people he’d been waiting in line for 3 days, lol. DH told me frozen turkeys were on sale at 37 cents a pound. Well no wonder the store was packed! And big TVs, clothes and toys topped groceries and turkeys in a lot of the carts.

I believe we are doing the same thing as last year, toys and clothes for the little ones, and a family-wide donation to the food bank again.

annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #3571
Gabfest Goddess

X

Cards request for Al:

Last edited by contrapat; 12-23-2018 at 12:17 PM..
annsforte3, shirlb19 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #3572
Stazon Splitcoast

Mahalo Much Big Sis!!! I have you in prayers as well to help with you on going whoas as well...now I need all our prayer warriors to add sweet lil Sara too she been in the hospital for the past 2 days as well and could sure use some prayers for her and her Ohana. Mahalo much!!....
Aww Sis glad you love those. They are amongst my fav as well. I think it’s SU most loved. I’m curious if they will retire it this coming year since they now have a new set that has coordinated dies. I sure hope not. Mine is in wood too. I was thinking I want them in clear as well
annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #3573
Proud Fan Club Member

Sis, in clear also would be nice, but not in a hurry on those because I have my lovely wood ones to use!!!

Who is Sara?

annsforte3 and Hawaiian like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #3574
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I haven't been outside yet but it looks like the air is clearer today. The containment of the Paradise fire is at 50% this morning so the firefighters are gaining ground.

Linda - I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. It sounds like someone has given incomplete instructions on making something? In that situation, if I really want to make the item in question, I keep looking at the sample and try to determine what they did. I am not always successful in determining the answer though.

Carlene - so glad you popped in, love reading your novellas! Sorry to see that hand surgery is probably in your future.

Kandie - I'm sorry you are still not feeling well, thankful the aches have gone though. DD2 isn't feeling well this morning, she has a sore throat. I told her to go back to sleep.

Pat - I love The Man from Snowy River! Such a wonderful movie.

Praying for Sara, Vickster.

As far as clear mount vs. wood mount, I definitely prefer clear. I have a couple of SU sets that I wish I had in clear mount - Lovely as a Tree and Teeny, Tiny Wishes. I need to get brave and carefully unmount my wood stamps.

I hope Ann didn't catch anything from Jack yesterday!

Do you still have snow, Kathy?

Old 11-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #3575
Proud Fan Club Member

Snow has melted considerably. I went to bible study. Its always a good study. I burned my tongue on the cheesy potato a and ham casserole!
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #3576
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
Sis, in clear also would be nice, but not in a hurry on those because I have my lovely wood ones to use!!!

Who is Sara?

She is my hanai sweet lil 4 yo niece...
cdimick, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #3577
Stazon Splitcoast

Mahalo Sis Catherine!! Greatly appreciated!! Mahalo all my prayer warriors!! Sorry I’m Of and on here
Old 11-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #3578
Stazon Splitcoast

Sara had a seizure and Angie would great appreciate prayers .....

Angie aka Sunshinesense

Last edited by Hawaiian; 11-17-2018 at 12:41 PM..
Chatterbox-1 likes this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #3579
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!! Just got home from the baby shower!! 48 people at a local country club!! Great food! More like a wedding dinner! Chicken, ham, tenderloin tips, noodles, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, etc..

She got a ton of gifts, very large ones too!! And she is having a girl!!

Bad thing is she announced that she is having problems. Having issues with the cord.
Prayers needed for her!!

My new glasses are done!! Going to go get them from Costco in a bit!! So glad to be getting them. I picked smaller frames and a bit lighter ones!

Have a good evening everyone!! Oh ps, everyone there was complaining about getting my Christmas card early!!! LOL!!
cdimick, shirlb19, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #3580
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickster, praying for Sara and Angie. Are you related to them?

Ann, I sure am not complaining about getting your card early! Glad you had a good time at the shower. Praying for the mom to be too.

Pat, nice to have some time by yourself, but add me to that list of premaking all his food. Not me but that is pretty cool you do that though.

Shirl
cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #3581
Proud Fan Club Member

I was bragging that I got a Christmas card already! The complainers are probably also
Procrastinators!

I've been bored since I got home from bible study. Just can't seem to pull out of this funk I am in.
cdimick, annsforte3, shirlb19 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #3582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Kathy, sorry to hear that you are in a funk!! Look for something new to make for a gift idea!!

You are right about the complainers. My SIL married to my youngest brother said you know Ann your card never gets displayed at Christmas because it comes so early by the time Christmas arrives I forget where I put it!! I was laughing to myself.

Hi Shirl! What are you up to?
cdimick, shirlb19, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #3583
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I just ate a macadamia chocolate......I have no inspiration today to make a thing, card wise.
I did however make asparagus and cauliflower soup for lunch and it was yummy.
But, Kathy, I am right there with ya. I just cannot get motivated. I am looking at ideas online to see if it will jump start me.....
I have slight heel pain, so don't think I should go out for a walk. Woe is me!

Ann, your card is proudly displayed, and I do not think I like your sil's remark, lol.....

Shirl
contrapat, cdimick, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #3584
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlb19 View Post
Vickster, praying for Sara and Angie. Are you related to them?

Ann, I sure am not complaining about getting your card early! Glad you had a good time at the shower. Praying for the mom to be too.

Pat, nice to have some time by yourself, but add me to that list of premaking all his food. Not me but that is pretty cool you do that though.

Shirl
As related to them as I am to you Sis Shirl!! I Hanaied them like I hanaied all my loving Sistahs here and their Ohana too!!
cdimick, muscrat, annsforte3 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #3585
Stazon Splitcoast

gosh Sis Kathy and Shirl I’ve been in the same funk you all are for awhile now.....I think everything is finally catching up to me.... last night or weee hours is when I most get the want to do something . Like last night this early morning I got 9 gift card / money holders started just not sure how I’d like to decorate them. These are my smaller ones I’m still procrastinating on the larger ones. If I’m lucky late tonight I’ll get them decorated

Last edited by Hawaiian; 11-17-2018 at 03:27 PM..
Old 11-17-2018, 02:59 PM   #3586
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the explanation about Sara, Vickster.

Ann - that made me laugh that they were complaining they already received your Christmas card. Seriously?! I look across our living room and can see your lovely card from where I sit. I think it is fun to get a card so early!

Hmmm, I think the lack of inspiration thing is going around. I intended to craft last night but just wasn't inspired or motivated. Instead I sat down at the piano to play some of my piano music (I haven't played in a long time). That turned into sight reading DD1's choir and special choir music because she came out and asked me to do so. When I played a lot, I could sight read pretty much anything, boy are my skills rusty!

Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #3587
Proud Fan Club Member

You too, Vickster?!

Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #3588
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annsforte3 View Post
Oh Kathy, sorry to hear that you are in a funk!! Look for something new to make for a gift idea!!

You are right about the complainers. My SIL married to my youngest brother said you know Ann your card never gets displayed at Christmas because it comes so early by the time Christmas arrives I forget where I put it!! I was laughing to myself.

Hi Shirl! What are you up to?

How do you forget where you put your first Christmas card? Mine all go in a cute basket. All of them, so I can look through them over and over!
Old 11-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #3589
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I know right! That SIL is the true definition of ditsy blonde!! She really does and says some really dumb things!!

My cousin spoke up and said when her card arrived she went and got out her card basket right away!! Yeah for cuz!!
cdimick, muscrat, shirlb19 and 3 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #3590
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops forgot to say I got my new glasses!!! Both pair! Fit perfectly!

Spouse ordered his two pair tonight!!

Didn't tell you guys about he other outcome of the shower. Family came up from Illinois for the shower. Now we have not seen them in a few years. So we planned to get together this June with all of them.

Are you beginning to think what happened? Yup! Everyone is coming to our house!! Will be almost like a family reunion!! Came home to tell my spouse and his answer was "why us"?
cdimick, muscrat, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #3591
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a friend who is a ditsy blonde, she has the sweetest heart but she really says some dumb things. I think we've decided the reality is that she speaks before her brain and filter are engaged. It is quite amusing sometimes.

Quick example - she gave her DH a watch as a gift. When he opened it, the time was correct (of course) and she said, "How did they know what time you were going to open the gift?!"

lacyquilter, muscrat, annsforte3 and 4 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #3592
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Ann! That is a lot of work hosting a family reunion. It will be fun...and a lot of work. And something tells me that you will be doing most of the work!

Old 11-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #3593
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

OH yes that is how it works!! But the Illinois families already said they are bringing food and not just salads they said we can bring some of the meats!!

Catherine, that is hysterical!! I'm still laughing!! That is exactly how my SIL is with her thinking!

Sometimes her ditsy mind hurts people though. At my second son's wedding she said to my oldest son's wife, "is that the best you could do" as she was looking at her outfit!!

Now she wore dress pants and a nice shirt, her daughter was the flower girl and she was dressing her and running after her all evening, and it was winter!! So come on why would you say something like that!!
cdimick, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:52 PM   #3594
Proud Fan Club Member

It is amazing to me what people will say to other people. I think they truly just don't think about it, they don't mean to hurt someone but they don't stop to think about how it will feel to the person. Honestly though, I don't know what would make someone think it was ever OK to say, "Is that the best you can do?" to someone about what they are wearing.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #3595
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Catherine, that is hilarious! Biggest smile I've had all day! I have a few ditzy moments of my own. Like when I take mom and dad away we drive their van for comfort and one time we were coming down the road and I said "who's at my house?" It was my car...I was driving theirs! LOL. Or I look for my glasses and they are on my head.
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #3596
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha, ha, I had to tell my husband what the blond said about the gift watch to her husband. He got quite a chuckle out of that one!

Ann, I think you will be up to the task of the reunion. You do love to bake! And I assume you have a large freezer? Glad you like your new glasses. Would be terrible if you didn't like them.

I don't have a basket yet to put cards in. My Ann one is right by my chair and I see it daily!

Making hamburger helper for dinner. Remember that? I had not bought it for years, but just did with the stroganoff one. It is good. I had no idea they were still making it. Got a box when I was winging cooking in the air b&B...

I added a green pepper and some celery to it. Just waiting for it to finish cooking.

Shirl
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #3597
Gabfest Goddess

X

Cards request for Al:

Last edited by contrapat; 12-23-2018 at 12:19 PM..
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #3598
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimick View Post
It is amazing to me what people will say to other people. I think they truly just don't think about it, they don't mean to hurt someone but they don't stop to think about how it will feel to the person. Honestly though, I don't know what would make someone think it was ever OK to say, "Is that the best you can do?" to someone about what they are wearing.
And there truely are those that have no life and are just miserable and only look to say hateful and mean things lol it not a blonde moment but a true moment of how sad they live their life to be hateful! I’d have to be provoked to go that low. And provoking me gets dangerously ugly lol
I m not blonde and even I have blonde moments!!

Love your blonde joke Sis only it wasn’t a joke for the one who made it but it truely was delightful!!
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #3599
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is too funny Pat!! Water in soup!!!!!! I'm giggling!!

Ok subject of conversation! Strangest thing either you or your spouse have done cooking!!

My spouse once made mac cheese for the kids and never drained the water out after cooking the noodles!!

Of course he blamed me and said I never told him to do that!!
cdimick, Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #3600
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking of water ...I have a uncle and his wife is absolutely gorgeous!! He tell us all the time he didn’t marry her for her cooking. And he goes on to say she burns water! Roflol