Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #961
Proud Fan Club Member

That is amazing, Melody!

Annette - wow, 50 students?! What grade do you teach?

Pat - I'm glad you don't have a black eye and that your pain is better.

Phillippians 1:6
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
lacyquilter, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #962
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick fly by saying hi from retreat! Fun, food, power outage...LOL
lacyquilter, smadson, cdimick and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #963
Stazon Splitcoast

Pat...take care of that black eye!

Annette...50 students!!! What grade level are you teaching? In elementary (my retired area...office manager), we never had more than 32, and they had an aide with that! Yikes, how could you even teach!
Kathy...have a super time on your retreat.

Shirley...glad to hear from you...surviving your unpacking so far! Soon, we hope to be seeing you in your gallery, again!

CALIF. FIRE: Talked to my Mom this morning (Redding, CA). The fire, she says, is actually at Lakehead north Redding and about 13 miles north of Lake Shasta, the big recreational lake. Mom has a view out her backyard of a ravine full of native California Oaks. There are houses across the other side of the wide ravine. She has been unable to even see the trees because of the smoke in the mornings. By afternoon, she says you can discern the trees, but still not see the house across the ravine. They have had such a terrible summer full of smoke from their own fire (the Carr fire), other, and now this one. They need some rain!

ALLERGIES/NOT: I'm supposed to be going down to see her in a few weeks. I've usually driven for the last 10 years since I retired, so that I can take my crafting stuff, but I sure don't need that smoke...it makes my non-allergic rhinitis kick up until I'm totally stuff up and coughing.

It puzzles me why it is called non-allergic, since hot, cold, smells, smoke (cigarette or otherwise), changes in barometric pressure, etc. set it off. With our own fires this year (though nothing like CA), our six or seven days of bad smoke really got it started and still suffering with it. I feel like I'm allergic to the environment! Itchy eyes and ears to right along with it, but my skin tests came out totally negative!
2017 Christmas Card Challenge: 8/24; 2018 Christmas Card Challenge 0/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 8 - 26/26. Alphabet Challenge, Round 9 - 7/27. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 0/26.
cdimick, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #964
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm off to set up for Favorites...will check back if I can.
2017 Christmas Card Challenge: 8/24; 2018 Christmas Card Challenge 0/24. Alphabet Challenge, Round 8 - 26/26. Alphabet Challenge, Round 9 - 7/27. Alphabet Challenge, Round 10 - 0/26.
annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #965
Proud Fan Club Member

Carlene - your poor mom dealing with all that smoke. My oldest brother, who lives in Idaho, often will spend a week on a houseboat on Lake Shasta. Thankfully, they did their week much earlier in the summer, just before the Carr Fire. I was so thankful they weren't out there after that fire started...or the new one.

annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 AM   #966
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Carlene, I would be so miserable, just like our Canada ladies who are still suffering from the smoke going that direction. I have so much bronchial problems now just from daily weather changes. Your poor mom.

Just because it was HANDMADE does not mean it was CHEAP, because why send a store-bought card that cost $4.95 when you can make it yourself for $89 worth of supplies?
Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
annsforte3 and Chatterbox-1 like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #967
Proud Fan Club Member

Living in Notre Dame country and being staunch fans, DH and I reserve the right to yell at the TV when the team plays badly, and we sure did a lot of yelling last night. ND won, but it was an ugly victory. I swear, we haven’t had a good team for 30 years.

DH is buying a one-day fishing license today to go with his DS1 for a day of fishing competition tomorrow. He is really looking forward to it!

Micheals store has rearranged their Copics markers into a much larger locked cabinet, and they are now carrying both the Sketch and the regular markers. They’ve installed a bell by the cabinet, and instead of having to look for a clerk to unlock the cabinet, one can just press the bell and help will come. I got carried away yesterday and brought home 8 new ones. Thanks again, Melody, for the tip about the phone app!

Just because it was HANDMADE does not mean it was CHEAP, because why send a store-bought card that cost $4.95 when you can make it yourself for $89 worth of supplies?
lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 4 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:43 AM   #968
Proud Fan Club Member

I forgot to mention that DH got into the animal crackers again last night. He didn’t spill them this time, but when he got up to go to bed, I discovered he’d been sitting on a cracker all evening, lol.

lacyquilter, smadson, cdimick and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #969
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning everyone!!

Kandie, I with you the changes in the weather and smoke are horrible for me!! Neighbors tend to burn a lot too so every time it is nice out we end up having to close our windows if they are burning!!

its beautifully cool here today!! Wish I was able to sleep in but DH is snoring away!!
cdimick, Hawaiian and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #970
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery
come join the Alphabet Challenge ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

cdimick, annsforte3, Hawaiian and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #971
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning everyone! DH and I just got back from a very painful (for me) run. I ran the loop in our neighborhood on Friday morning by myself - the hills killed my calves - and today's 2 mile run was painful but I persisted! I really worked on my daily steps this last week, trying to get back in shape after the detour of moving.

Kandie and Ann - I'm sorry you two suffer so much with weather changes. Have you always struggled with weather changes or is this a more recent development?

Kandie - I'll have to check out our Michaels to see if they have such a nifty set up with Copics. I have noticed a locked cabinet but didn't look for a button to call for service. 8 new markers? How wonderful!

Good morning, Melody!

Old 09-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #972
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, new markers were wonderful, but I sure blew my craft budget for September all to heck. The day before there were two sales going on, one at 30% off the entire purchase. Naturally when I went back yesterday, I found it was just a one-day only sale! Ouch!

Oh, I’ve always gotten stopped up when it’s cold or rainy, but only over the last 3-4 years has this problem developed, especially when the diagnosis of COPD was confirmed last year. Never smoked in my life but surrounded by smokers, thanks, everyone, geez, now EVERYTHING bothers me except certain scents like lavender. Takes the fun out of fall, for sure. Can’t tolerate pumpkin soaps or candles or burning leaves. Blah!

cdimick, annsforte3 and Chatterbox-1 like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #973
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, ouch ouch on the burning calf muscles!

Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #974
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Ann and Melody!

I just spent a very peaceful hour sorting a bag of buttons a friend gave me. She said they were old. I didn’t know sorting buttons was so kind of, fun, maybe? Especially some of the really old metal ones, and some of the prettiest colors, and a few were so TINY! . I remember my grandma always cut the buttons off worn-out clothing and put them in a tin cookie box. My goodness, I used to sit on the couch and play with those buttons for hours at a time!

AnnetteMac, cdimick, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #975
Gallery Gazer

I finally found my crystal effects, after looking for 2 days. Then I spend about an hour unclogging the tip. Then I applied it to the card I'm working on. Oh, wow! It looks like opals! (Crystal Effects over pixie powders) I may have created a monster! If I can't afford opals, maybe I'll make paper ones!!! At any rate- I'll try to photograph & post the card tomorrow. I had it in mind since the new round started, but had a problem sitting down and getting it made.

DH is off to Stillwater OK today, by himself. Since the Irish Set dancing is back in Stillwater (instead of Oklahoma City, where we can stay at the mansion) I will go less often. DH is going to drive back home after, so he's going to be whipped when he gets home. It's about a 3 - 4 hour drive.

DH got up at regular work alarm time (around 6AM), I was going to sleep in. I'd taken care of making his lunch & dinner to take with him. SO, what happens? The smoke detector that he replaced the batteries in just a week ago (in my bedroom) starts peeping at 7 AM. This is after I had trouble getting to sleep, and only put on the CPAP at midnight, then woke at 1:30, and woke again at 2:30-with a muscle trying to cramp. Took electrolytes, drank some iced {decaf} tea, read a little, then put CPAP back on at 4AM and got back to sleep. Dang it! With him up and getting ready and me awake, I just stayed up, couldn't drop back off. I may be napping today {or passing out} whichever comes first! I'm not even dressed yet, still prowling around in my nightie. I'm going to have to put clothes on to go fetch the newspaper from the driveway.

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
AnnetteMac, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:22 AM   #976
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemernow View Post
Living in Notre Dame country and being staunch fans, DH and I reserve the right to yell at the TV when the team plays badly, and we sure did a lot of yelling last night. ND won, but it was an ugly victory. I swear, we haven’t had a good team for 30 years.

DH is buying a one-day fishing license today to go with his DS1 for a day of fishing competition tomorrow. He is really looking forward to it!

Micheals store has rearranged their Copics markers into a much larger locked cabinet, and they are now carrying both the Sketch and the regular markers. They’ve installed a bell by the cabinet, and instead of having to look for a clerk to unlock the cabinet, one can just press the bell and help will come. I got carried away yesterday and brought home 8 new ones. Thanks again, Melody, for the tip about the phone app!
Bad bad BAD Big Sis!!!! Enabler you!!! Good thing we don’t t have a Michaels I can run too or I be in trouble too. Lol
Old 09-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #977
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! The 50 students isn't as bad as it seems. I work in a preschool, so they are spread across 4 classes. The children are 4 and they each come 2 half days a week. That gives me Fridays off to catch up and recover for the next week.

My next door neighbour is burning stuff in his yard today and it is all blowing my way! Really struggling with breathing right now. It is very disappointing because it is a nice day out and I can't go out and enjoy it. With living so far north, there won't be many days left that will be warm enough to sit outside.

Catherine - sorry about the burning calves but good for you for persevering!
Kandie - I used to love playing in my moms button box too. I'm not sure why she had one though -she didn't sew.
Pat - sorry to hear about the poor sleep. Looking forward to seeing your new creation though.

My Gallery
cdimick, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #978
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, my grandma didn’t sew either!

Maybe it was just being frugal in case a button fell off a newer shirt. There would have been times when they cracked from being pressed at the laundry, I remember that happening to my stepfather with his office shirts.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #979
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies! Home a bit early but it got cold because rain started last night and is to continue all day today. It was a fun weekend. I made a lot of cards and got lots of goodies from the other ladies. Ate all weekend, as usual. Power was out an hour because of a naughty squirrel! No weddings this year but today they were having the junior miss harvest festival princess program. It was to be in the tabernacle but they moved it to the dining hall because of the weather.

They call me the historian because I take notes each year. We watched a movie this morning about Hosea but I can't remember the name. It had Patty Duke guest appearance and her son Sean Aston in it. Great movie on unconditional love.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #980
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back Kathy!! Can't wait to see what you all made!! Hope you are going to post some of those cards you did!!
AnnetteMac, cdimick, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #981
Gallery Gazer

I'm sure most of you remember John Astin as Gomez Addams on The Addams Family, but he also did the most ridiculous Western ever seen- Evil Roy Slade:

It is so silly and goofy!

Cards request for Al:
Old 09-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #982
Proud Fan Club Member

Its nice to be missed, Ann! Thank you! I will try to get pictures of cards and handmade gifts. Most of my group is not crafty so they bring gifts like hand towels, journals, socks, etc.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #983
Proud Fan Club Member

lacyquilter, AnnetteMac, cdimick and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #984
Proud Fan Club Member

The first picture is some of the crafts we made. The second and third are some mass produced cards I made. I am trying to upload one more picture but it isn't leaving my drafts folder yet....
Old 09-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #985
Stazon Splitcoast

Gorgeous, Kathy!!!!!!!!!!! You used such amazing papers and you have such wonderful sentiments to go with each design!!
cdimick, Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #986
Stazon Splitcoast

it's attack of the mosquitoes!! Can't venture out the door without getting dive-bombed!!
Old 09-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #987
Proud Fan Club Member

Not the best pictures but at least I finally got them to come in!

lacyquilter, cdimick, annsforte3 and 2 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #988
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, these are wonderful!! Love the color blending!!
cdimick, muscrat, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #989
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone...it's been slow in the Favorites this weekend. Maybe that's good, so I could watch the first Seahawks game without interruption...it was a frustrating game...played Denver/ Broncos...lost 24 to 27. Our front line still needs work...though maybe they had that figured out...but guess not. Then, we lost so many on our defense, there are many new and young ones...they look like there is potential. Run game is still in need of lots of work!

Kandie: My husband is an avid Notre Dame fan! Several of his cousins went to school there (his family is from Kansas). He yells and screams at the TV all the time while he's watching. I was upstairs while he was watching it yesterday so I must not have heard him much as it's quite a ways away from the family room at the back of the house.

Kandie and Ann...it sounds like you might have my diagnosis...non-allergic rhinitis...nose gets stuffed up, sometimes totally, but lots of post nasal stuff going on...when it's really bad, I actually cough continual. I take a steroid nasal spray and rinse my sinus...that has helped heaps. Everything makes it start up...smoke, smells, hot, cold, changes in barometric pressure. It seems to be I am allergic to the environment around me!! Had the skin tests because I thought I must be allergic to everything as it is getting worse every year. I get eczema ...but evidently it's cause my contact dermatitis (sensitive skins), like the rough texture of my recliner chair arms. I sound like Whoa is me! I'm thankful to have found out how to make it at least better so I don't cough all night and can't sleep!
cdimick and annsforte3 like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #990
Stazon Splitcoast

Fell asleep during the Seahawks game for a bit...DH kept waking me up! I think it was the enchilada lunch...too many carbs! Still groggy...think I'll take a quick power nap!
cdimick, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #991
Stazon Splitcoast

Night all!!

Sweet dreams!
cdimick, Chatterbox-1 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #992
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone! I disappeared on you all today. After running this morning, I made the dessert for the tea today and then rushed to get ready and go. We had a fun time. It was my two girls and I, DD1's boyfriend and his mom at their house. So lovely, in spite of the fact that she is the only female (she and her hubby have 3 boys, DD1's boyfriend is the youngest), she has all sorts of beautiful china and the three tiered tea servers. We had a lovely tea and then watched an episode of Downton Abbey for fun.

I got home and was so tired, I took a nap! I have not been very productive at all. DH rubbed my calves down with something like Icy Hot, hoping they'll feel much better tomorrow.

Kandie and Annette - my mom had a button jar...but she also sewed, beautifully. In fact, I now have three sewing machines because I had one and mom had two. I should narrow it down to two sewing machines but that is low on my task list. I also have a serger.

Pat - I LOVE opals! Depending on whose gemstone calendar you look at, some of them have opals as the birthstone for October births and that is the stone that both DD1 and I claim as our birthstone.

Yay, Kathy, you are back! You were missed. Love the photos of your projects, so pretty.

Ann - sorry to hear about the attacking mosquitos. I often avoid the outdoors because of mosquitos. They like me too much.

Carlene - napping is a fabulous activity!

muscrat, annsforte3, Chatterbox-1 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 AM   #993
Proud Fan Club Member

Carlene, I sure know about the contact dermatitis! With this plaque psoriasis, my skin gets tender. Dusty eats her dog biscuits on my side of the couch, which has a recliner at each end, and by the end of the day, her crumbs on the bottom of my recliner irritate my legs. I am constantly vacuuming them up!

DH and DSS1 are at their fishing event today. I hope they dressed warm. It is so cold out. Rotten night for me, I kept getting cold, and then I slept but with nightmares of people arguing and screaming. I woke up long enough to wish DH luck, went back to sleep, and woke up an hour later after the same nightmares continued with a different cast. I have such a headache and am barking in my chest like Dusty. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 80!

Thank goodness for peace and quiet today. I am incredibly grumpy!

annsforte3 likes this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:26 AM   #994
Proud Fan Club Member

{Kandie} hugs! Sorry you feel so bad this morning.

Kathy, welcome back! Beautiful cards and projects! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Pat, I watched the whole movie instead of a Sunday nap! LOL. Thank you!

Ann, thanks for love left on my scrap page.

Catherine, you are too young to hurt so bad. I hope your muscles heal quickly. Your tea party sounds so fun. Downtown Abbey! How perfect! It sounds like something my DD and DGD and I would have fun doing.

Carlene, that sounds exactly what my DH has, only they just say allergies, no real diagnosis. But this year nothing worked (for the coughing) and he finally had to get a shot, or we would never had gotten any sleep because of his constant coughing.
He also takes nasal spray and allergy pills, and also creams for his skin, which has bad rashes. I feel for you, Kandie and my DH. Don’t know what causes it, just flares up. We thought, now that he doesn’t do yard work, it would be better. NOT!

S2S 2018: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 53/100 as of 09/30/18
contrapat, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:35 AM   #995
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
{Kandie} hugs! Sorry you feel so bad this morning.

Kathy, welcome back! Beautiful cards and projects! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Pat, I watched the whole movie instead of a Sunday nap! LOL. Thank you!

Ann, thanks for love left on my scrap page.

Catherine, you are too young to hurt so bad. I hope your muscles heal quickly. Your tea party sounds so fun. Downtown Abbey! How perfect! It sounds like something my DD and DGD and I would have fun doing.

Carlene, that sounds exactly what my DH has, only they just say allergies, no real diagnosis. But this year nothing worked (for the coughing) and he finally had to get a shot, or we would never had gotten any sleep because of his constant coughing.

He also takes nasal spray and allergy pills, and also creams for his skin, which has bad rashes. I feel for you, Kandie and my DH. Donít know what causes it, just flares up. We thought, now that he doesnít do yard work, it would be better. NOT!
And was that not the silliest, goofiest movie??? I'm glad you watched it- I've always liked that one!

Cards request for Al:
smadson, annsforte3 and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:41 AM   #996
Gallery Gazer

Re: the card with the Crystal Effects- It was perfect. I thought the Crystal Effects was dry. I gently touched it. Not dry. Not perfect anymore. I did another layer of Crystal Effects, and it looks better, but it's just not perfect like it was at first. I'm NOT going to redo the card though, it's just for the challenge, not for an occasion or someone in particular.

Do you get mad at yourself when you fiddle with something and goof it up? I certainly do!

However, I do have many ideas now from having tried this.

Catherine, I dearly love opals. Not my birthstone (which are garnets), but I have many really nice (and one spectacular) opal pieces.

Cards request for Al:
cdimick and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #997
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimick View Post
Hi everyone! I disappeared on you all today. After running this morning, I made the dessert for the tea today and then rushed to get ready and go. We had a fun time. It was my two girls and I, DD1's boyfriend and his mom at their house. So lovely, in spite of the fact that she is the only female (she and her hubby have 3 boys, DD1's boyfriend is the youngest), she has all sorts of beautiful china and the three tiered tea servers. We had a lovely tea and then watched an episode of Downton Abbey for fun.

I got home and was so tired, I took a nap! I have not been very productive at all. DH rubbed my calves down with something like Icy Hot, hoping they'll feel much better tomorrow.

Kandie and Annette - my mom had a button jar...but she also sewed, beautifully. In fact, I now have three sewing machines because I had one and mom had two. I should narrow it down to two sewing machines but that is low on my task list. I also have a serger.

Pat - I LOVE opals! Depending on whose gemstone calendar you look at, some of them have opals as the birthstone for October births and that is the stone that both DD1 and I claim as our birthstone.

Yay, Kathy, you are back! You were missed. Love the photos of your projects, so pretty.

Ann - sorry to hear about the attacking mosquitos. I often avoid the outdoors because of mosquitos. They like me too much.

Carlene - napping is a fabulous activity!
What kind of goodies did you have? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Cards request for Al:
Kemernow likes this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #998
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I had to get up early this morning to take the girls to school because DH got up at 3:30 am to take a friend to the airport. He is so nice. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well last night at all. I feel like I was awake all night long. I wasn't, of course, but feels like it. My FitBit indicates that I got only 10 minutes deep sleep. Oh, and when I got home from taking the girls to school, I found that Honey had had an accident while I was gone. Ugh!

Kandie - I'm sorry you feel so badly this morning. It sounds like your night was much worse than mine. I'm glad you have a quiet day to yourself.

I feel so badly for all of you who suffer so much with allergies. I have mild seasonal allergies and that is bad enough.

Sharon - it was a lot of fun. The episode we chose to watch was the Christmas episode where Matthew proposed to Mary.

Pat - I hate it when that happens! If everything was perfect and then I mess it up, so frustrating! As for the tea, it wasn't a traditional tea in the usual sense. We had "chicken" salad sandwiches in croissants, cream cheese cucumber sandwiches, she also made mini lemon tarts, I made mini raspberry cheesecakes in pre-baked filo shells. I loved all the suggestions you all provided, but found this recipe and thought it sounded so tasty that I went with it. She also had grapes, cherry tomatoes, olives, and rosemary flavored almonds (from Trader Joe's if you have one of those stores out there). We didn't actually have hot tea, she brewed orange spice tea with citrus slices and served it cold. She has such lovely dishes. It was a lot of fun.

smadson and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #999
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdimick View Post
Good morning! I had to get up early this morning to take the girls to school because DH got up at 3:30 am to take a friend to the airport. He is so nice. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well last night at all. I feel like I was awake all night long. I wasn't, of course, but feels like it. My FitBit indicates that I got only 10 minutes deep sleep. Oh, and when I got home from taking the girls to school, I found that Honey had had an accident while I was gone. Ugh!

Kandie - I'm sorry you feel so badly this morning. It sounds like your night was much worse than mine. I'm glad you have a quiet day to yourself.

I feel so badly for all of you who suffer so much with allergies. I have mild seasonal allergies and that is bad enough.

Sharon - it was a lot of fun. The episode we chose to watch was the Christmas episode where Matthew proposed to Mary.

Pat - I hate it when that happens! If everything was perfect and then I mess it up, so frustrating! As for the tea, it wasn't a traditional tea in the usual sense. We had "chicken" salad sandwiches in croissants, cream cheese cucumber sandwiches, she also made mini lemon tarts, I made mini raspberry cheesecakes in pre-baked filo shells. I loved all the suggestions you all provided, but found this recipe and thought it sounded so tasty that I went with it. She also had grapes, cherry tomatoes, olives, and rosemary flavored almonds (from Trader Joe's if you have one of those stores out there). We didn't actually have hot tea, she brewed orange spice tea with citrus slices and served it cold. She has such lovely dishes. It was a lot of fun.
Sounds wonderful. (I only wish we had a Trader Joe's in Wichita! I get my savory rice cracker minis in either Oklahoma City or Kansas City, when we're there for other reasons)

Just remember: afternoon tea is the fancy one. High tea is a working man's evening meal (NOT fancy). Americans get that wrong almost every time! (So "high" tea is "low" class!!!) It both amuses and irks me. I knew this long before I married a Brit. He is lucky I was an anglophile way before I met him!

Cards request for Al:
cdimick and Kemernow like this post.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #1000
Gallery Gazer

Catherine,

I also have some lovely serving pieces (many, many). It's a shame I have such an antisocial spouse! I'd love to entertain!

Cards request for Al:
smadson, cdimick, annsforte3 and 1 others like this post.