Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2020, 09:02 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts
Default All Occasion Card Challenge 2021

Happy New Year!!

Welcome to the All Occasion Card Challenge! For those that are new to our challenge, this is a personal challenge to encourage us to get those cards made and mailed!!

What is an all occasion? Well, just that- pretty much any card that you need to create and mail- for ex. birthdays, anniversaries, get well, sympathy, thinking of you, special holidays (Valentines, Easter, 4th of July, etc.) .

This challenge allows you to list the cards that you need (again, to keep yourself accountable) and we hope by doing so, it will help you mail the cards!

The guidelines for this challenge are simple:

1). If you are willing, please post to this forum, the number of cards that you need for the upcoming month (for ex: In January, I need at least 10 birthday cards, 2 Anniversary cards, 3 Thinking of you cards and 5 Sympathy.... or something like that ). Or if you prefer, you could post what you need for each month in one post. Whatever works for your creativity is fine with me- we are just trying to keep each other accountable to create the cards and mail them

2). As you create and post to your gallery throughout the month, add AOCC21 to your keywords and if you are able, copy the URL for your card post to SCS and post to this forum so we can give you some comment "love"

If you are unable to keep up with posting to the gallery, that is fine as well (I have over 100 cards created that I have not posted yet). This year, let's just note if we made our goal- so again, we can encourage one another

Thanks it!! Simple but an accountable way to help us get those cards out in the mail. Don't forget- use AOCC21 in your keywords when you post so we can all check on the gallery and leave a comment (I will need everyone's assistance in helping to comment )

I hope you will join us for 2021 and spread the word about our challenge so we can continue to encourage one another to bless others with love through our small pieces of art!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2020, 09:37 PM   #2  

For January, I need:

9- Feminine Birthday cards
 5- Masculine Birthday cards
12- Feminine Thinking of You, Praying/Get Well
 8- Masculine Thinking of You, Praying/Get Well
 2- Sympathy (so far)

We have a large church family and thankfully, I have created a few sets of the Stack and Quilt type cards (I have not posted these to my gallery yet), plus I will be pulling from my "stock" for most of these cards this month.  

Thanks again for all of your encouragement in joining me in this challenge! Hugs and Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Hi Julie!
Love that you have this up again. 

I'm determined to do a couple of things this year
1 - stay on track with my cards
2 - use up the leftover bits and pieces from past challenges to make cards.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

For January, I need 8 birthday cards.

I want to start posting my cards on my blog before the 5th of each month and sharing on my YouTube channel. 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #5  

Sounds great Kelly, so glad that you are participating! I look forward to seeing your cards and videos, sweet friend!  Hugs and Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 06:52 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will help me a lot! I am currently trying to rebuild my stockpile of cards. I am hoping these goals will help me accomplish this!
January:
10 Birthday
10 Thank you
10 Thinking Of You/Get Well
5 Sympathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #7  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewbusymomView Post
This will help me a lot! I am currently trying to rebuild my stockpile of cards. I am hoping these goals will help me accomplish this!
January:
10 Birthday
10 Thank you
10 Thinking Of You/Get Well
5 Sympathy

Wonderful! That is what this challenge is all about- looking forward to creating along with you this year, hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

Oops! I forgot that I need an Anniversary card for our Anniversary today :-) I created a mini folio easel card for my hubby...

SC417 You + Me= Forever

Hugs to all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2021, 06:43 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone! How are you doing with your January goals? I did create an encouragement card that I am planning on mailing this month (was not in the count above) and now I will also need to mail out a few more sympathy cards. This year has been tough on our church family- several died from COVID and a few recently that had been suffering from cancer for years. We have not attended church in person since March and have been livestreaming (our church is in WV and was one of the last states hit with the virus). Hope all of you are staying as safe and healthy as possible!
SC390 Hug in a Cup
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2021, 12:56 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,169 Posts

My January card for my DH who was 70 years old

Look who's 70 by jan31 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 07:46 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone! Here are a few that I hope to mail this month:
WT827 Grateful Beyond Measure
CAS You Are In My Thoughts
SC828 Hello Sweet Friend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone! This will be one of my masculine Thinking of You/Encouragement cards for January

TCC147 This is the Day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2021, 06:18 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

How are you doing with your monthly goals?

I have done fairly well- still need to mail a few belated January birthday and sympathy cards, but unfortunately, I am needing more sympathy cards than I had expected. FYI- Our church family is large and 20% or more are over 80, so there have been quite a few families experiencing loss this past month.

This card was designed to be a sympathy card:
TCC148 Be Strong and Take Heart

For February (so far):
6- Feminine Birthdays
3- Anniversary Cards
15- Sympathy cards (of which a few are from January)

Hugs and I hope all of you are doing well! Have a great February, sweet friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 02:35 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

Hi Everyone! I plan to participate, but I've been FINALLY back in my craft room and trying to complete my New Year's resolution for January 2010 since I got almost no Christmas card mailed or complete this year...only 4 for my children and their families. They were all the same design only different in the colors used, using SU's "So Many Stars" stamp and Stitched Stars dies.

My resolution was to complete my absolute needed 2021 Christmas before the end of January and before my Christmas materials were to be put away. I am happy to say I have 69 completed, which is the bare, bare minimum needed. In reality, if I could get them done, I need another 60 for others that I've always wanted to send cards to, but never had enough time to make more. I only have about 12 to 14 different designs that I worked from, but have made 4 to 6 cards of each. I have found this to be immensely helpful in getting more done!

Now, my focus will be on making Thinking of You cards to send to all my "abused" friends and family who haven't received birthday card, Christmas cards, Anniversary cards, or other occasions I used to get cards sent for. My mojo ran amok almost since the beginning of COVID...after almost a full year, I'm trying to get it back!

I'll pretty much skip January, except for some Christmas cards, for February, I'll need:
2 female birthday cards
2 Thinking of You card, minimum
17 Valentine cards, if I can get them done. If not, I'll switch them to Thinking of you cards. I'll be back with my March requirements.
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 04:38 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is one of my "thinking of you" cards needed in February:

A Doily Gatefold Garden
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 05:00 AM   #16  

Carlene, so thrilled that you were able to complete your Christmas card goal in January- what a task! Sounds like you have started off in the perfect way since you already had all of the Christmas card making supplies out and ready :-)

I mailed approx. 150 Christmas cards this year (quite a few were ones I had made previous years and never mailed) but the Post Office was very slow and some did not make it to their destination intact. This coming year I will need to mail right after Thanksgiving, so I need to get busy and create some more as well .

I like the idea of the Thinking of You- what a blessing it will be for them to hear from you.

So glad that you are finding your mojo- COVID has been tough for all of us!
Hugs, sweet friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #17  

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm a little late to the party this year, but finally made it. I'm actually doing pretty well so far his year - haven't missed any birthdays (yet), but then again, it's only mid-February!

January - made and sent 3 birthday cards, 3 thank you cards

February - so far I have made 4 birthday cards (and sent 3), need to make 3 more to send by the end of the month. I also need to work on uploading some cards, which I haven't done for quite a while.

March - I only have 3 birthdays that I need cards for in March, so once I make those, the plan is to start working on replenishing my stash of Sympathy and Thinking of You cards. This month's Paper Pumpkin fits that theme, so I'm hoping to get lots of cards made out of that kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2021, 03:04 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

For January, it turned out I needed 2 sympathy cards. As time was short, I used the same design for both:
Love & Prayers Bring Healing & Comfort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2021, 09:12 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

For February, I needed 2 birthday cards and 2 Hello Friend cards. I was able to use stash cards on the 2 Hellos and 1 birthday, but here is the last birthday card that I needed for this month:

Ladybug Birthday Greetings!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2021, 10:43 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts

Posted in error. Opps!

Last edited by DCinkit; 02-20-2021 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

A March birthday card needed and delivered!!

Here is my card:A Ballerina Birthday for Callie!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2021, 02:45 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

A March birthday card needed and delivered!!

Here is my card: No Cake for David?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2021, 03:41 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a card I am putting into my March 2021 needed birthday cards. It was actually made and delivered almost a year to the date late. It is for my granddaughter, Sienna's first birthday for her keepsake box. It was not completed last year on time, because this grandma was away in California helping my very ill sister for a month and then another trip a week after my return to introduce my newest three month old granddaughter to my Mom, her great grandmother!

But I kept my promise to get Sienna's card made even though it would have to be late, and here it is: A Little Pink Ballerina for Sienna!

Last edited by Chatterbox-1; 04-09-2021 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2021, 12:10 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Again, this is a card I am putting into my March 2021 needed birthday cards. It was actually made and delivered almost six months late. It is for my granddaughter, Evie's first birthday and for her keepsake box. It was not completed on time, because this grandma had no creative mojo. Once COVID flew in the window, my creative mojo seem to fly out the other direction! But, I kept my promise to get it done at some point in the future!

Here is my card: But, Of Course, Evie Gets a Ballerina Too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 12:17 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

An April birthday card needed and delivered for my Hawaiian born, youngest daughter! YAY!

Here is my card: A Tropical Birthday Drink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2021, 11:37 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I set that I needed at least 6 Christmas card each month, and I've made all that I need for January 2021 by making 6 of this same design.

Here is my card: Reindeer Prancing & Dancing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is one of my April birthday cards needs!

Here is my card: A Special Friend's Birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2021, 01:32 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is one of my Christmas stash cards needed for April 2021: God's Peace at Christmas!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a sympathy card that I was not expecting to need, but unfortunately did. I've completed and mailed it:
Sympathy & Prayers #1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2021, 07:27 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a second sympathy card that I was not expecting to need, but unfortunately did. I've completed and mailed it:

Sympathy & Prayers #2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2021, 11:20 AM   #31  

Here are a few cards I made over the last week or so:

--Sympathy card for a friend/former coworker who lost her mom this week

--My daughter turned 9 last week, so I made her a couple simple thank you cards to send to her Aunt & Uncle and her grandparents for her birthday presents: Thank You #1.and Thank You #2. I actually made 2 of each of these cards (since I had everything out), so she sent one and I have the others on hand for the next time I need one.

--Mother's Day card for my mom and MIL

Last edited by NicholeC; 05-08-2021 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #32  

Default Recent cards

Here are a few cards I made over the last week or so:

--Sympathy card for a friend/former coworker who lost her mom this week

--My daughter turned 9 last week, so I made her a couple simple thank you cards to send to her Aunt & Uncle and her grandparents for her birthday presents: Thank You #1.and Thank You #2. I actually made 2 of each of these cards (since I had everything out), so she sent one and I have the others on hand for the next time I need one.

--Mother's Day card for my mom and MIL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #33  

How do I delete posts? These are not showing up like I entered them and I can't fix them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #34  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
How do I delete posts? These are not showing up like I entered them and I can't fix them!!!
Alas, members are not able to delete their posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #35  

Well that's annoying!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 11:51 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

The first 2021 granddaughter birthday card much needed, made and delivered for an early March birthday!

Here is my card: Mini Mouse Visits for Birthday TWO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2021, 09:44 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Playing some challenge catch-ups, here is one of my February 2021 needed Christmas cards for my stash. I made six cards in this design.

A Snowflake Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Playing some more challenge catch-ups, here is one of my April 2021 Christmas cards needed: A Wondrous Gift is Given!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 05:06 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Made multiples of the same Christmas card design for my 2021 Christmas stash, following the SCS tutorial: Assembly-Line Stamping/ cutting, which were really needed.

I'm a bit late, but excited to finally post to this challenge while playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking.

Here is my card: Magic & Wonder At Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #40  

I'm SO far behind, but I did manage to make a few cards and get them uploaded recently:
Father's Day Card
End of Year Teacher's Card

Last edited by NicholeC; 06-22-2021 at 03:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes