Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   Weekly Musical Challenge #21 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/weekly-musical-challenge-21-a-523958/)

FMcrafter 03-26-2011 08:05 AM

Weekly Musical Challenge #21

The WINNER of last weeks challenge is:
SUZY800

This week Dani is away for the posting so I am putting it up in her stead. The song for this week is:

This Little Light of Mine By Addison Road

Video: YouTube - This Little Light of Mine - Addison Road
There's a little flame inside us all

Some shine bright, some shine small
The rains will come and the waters rise
But don't you ever lose your light
In this life you will know
Love and pain, joy and sorrow
So when it hurts, when times get hard
Don't forget whose child you are

Chorus:
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each week I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is NOT mandatory that you send your card out. You may use it for whatever you wish.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday not just in the gallery.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC21

I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery. And don’t forget the comments for each other, I’m sure we all appreciate it.

Sorry it took me so long I was having issues with my scanner and we are no longer speaking...so I resorted to my camera
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=282268

Lmn 03-26-2011 08:43 AM

Good Afternoon!

Fun Challenge Song! I still have to get mine done for last week! The sketch and the stamp have been laying on my desk, just didn't have time to get it done. Unfortunately it was a busy, busy work week & my DS was home on Spring Break from college so I was excited to spend time with him.

Maybe I can get both of these done this afternoon! :cool: Although it's sunny here is 20 degrees....brrr. Good day to stay in.

FMcrafter 03-26-2011 06:57 PM

It was sunny and cold here. And I haven't thrown the scanner against the wall as yet but have put it on a llloooonnnggg time out!

tryingtofindtime 03-27-2011 06:56 AM

hum, I'm going to have to think what I have for this one....might have to get really creative. this is fun. thanks for doing this...

FMcrafter 03-27-2011 12:08 PM

Good Morning Ladies...OK so it is 4pm but I work with a migraine again. UUUGGHH

So what are you ladies doing today? I am going to get my craft on and make more cards for the troops as soon as I have breakie.

Lmn 03-27-2011 04:01 PM

well...

Packed up DS for going back to college, finished organizing my Scrap/Stamp Desk (whew!), 2 Presentations for work this week, a quick trip to the grocery store and now I'm ready for some stamping...I hope. My MOJO seems to still be on hiatus unfortunately! I'm looking through some sketches to see if I can give it a jump start, LOL!

FMcrafter 03-27-2011 04:43 PM

Lmn I am soooo jealous! I have a spot on my dining room table which most definitely needs to be organized!

FMcrafter 03-27-2011 04:43 PM

Sorry about the wait ladies...Suzy800 got picked by my son (not so darling right now) to win last week's challenge. Thanks for joining us.

tryingtofindtime 03-27-2011 05:13 PM

congrates Suzy- Please PM me with your address so I can mail you my card. :)

FMcrafter 03-28-2011 10:55 AM

YAEHHHHHHH I finally finished my taxes. I have been putting them off for so long but since I always get money back I do them early we have to have our in by April 29.

triasimite 03-28-2011 02:40 PM

I was able to play this week.

You Light Our Way (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Suzy800 03-28-2011 07:49 PM

Nice cards so far ladies!! I don't have any stamps that relate to light........I'll definitely have to put my thinking cap on for this one. Hmmmm

Suzy800 03-28-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 18124695)
Lmn I am soooo jealous! I have a spot on my dining room table which most definitely needs to be organized!

FMcrafter.....I won't even tell you about my 12' x 16' room I have for crafting then..LOL. My friends keep telling me I could open a store. That doesn't mean however it's organized by any stretch of the imagination......I just get to close the door though so no one sees it. :D

FMcrafter 03-28-2011 11:10 PM

Suzy...OK you have got my green eyed stare now..OMG 12x16. The fun I could have in that. Then again I keep telling my DS that he had better straighten up or I'll take over HIS room!!! LOL

DellsDani 03-29-2011 09:55 AM

Hello ladies, FMcrafter thank you for taking over the challenge for me. Great song for inspiring us to make a card. I will work on mine as soon as I am done playing catch up with scs and emails and such. Ladies, I see some real nice cards already. Great job.
Well I am back from my weekend. Only it didn't go as planned. My dh didn't get to come home. He was on his way to the airport and got the call to go back to the job. It's a bunch of bull why they made him stay. It wasn't his company...his boss was fine with him coming home. It was the store that he his building. They didn't want him to be so far away from the job in case something happened. He has only been home one weekend so far this year. Grrr...I'm hoping that after he is finished with this store his boss will give him a week at home before sending him out again. Other than that the weekend was fine. I had a blast with my grandchildren. Then I got over 12 inches cut off my hair...wonder if hubby will notice when he does get home? lol...hmmm...Well I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for keeping the chatter up while I was gone. Big Hugggssss for everyone

DellsDani 03-29-2011 07:56 PM

Well I finished my card for this week's challenge. Thank you again FMcrafter for filling in for me while I was gone.

My Card - Thinking of you

Suzy800 03-29-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDani (Post 18134693)
Well I finished my card for this week's challenge. Thank you again FMcrafter for filling in for me while I was gone.

My Card - Thinking of you

Nice card Dani! I was fretting about not having any stamps with lights one them......never thought of incorporating a light bulb! Awesome!!

FMcrafter 03-29-2011 08:42 PM

Suzy..you just had a lightbulb moment!!!! LOL

OK I just had toooooooo

DellsDani 03-30-2011 07:03 AM

I have to be honest, that was not my idea it was my daughters. Ladies, I am so excited. My dh called he is on his way home. He will land tonight at 6:48. The reason he is coming home isn't so nice tho. Someone from the stores night crew was kidnapped from the same hotel he was staying at. So they are shutting down the store for the rest of the week. No more construction until next week. After he tells me that he says " Oh yeah last month 2 guys were robbed at gunpoint and the front desk was robbed also at gun point." OMG...I told him he is NOT staying there when he goes back Sunday night.

FMcrafter 03-30-2011 04:04 PM

Dani's got her hubby back..Dani's got her hubby back!! LOL Have fun getting re-aquainted *wink wink**

Suzy800 04-01-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 18134788)
Suzy..you just had a lightbulb moment!!!! LOL

OK I just had toooooooo

FMcrafter......really?? Did you really have too?? LOL. (although it did make me chuckle. ;) )

FMcrafter 04-01-2011 08:27 PM

Ok...come on..I need to rake up some muck while Dani is busy (wink wink)

Suzy800 04-01-2011 08:55 PM

Hey i agree FMcrafter......she will be a little 'busy' this weekend. teehee. I wonder what kind of trouble we can get ourselves into?? hmmmm

DellsDani 04-02-2011 02:42 PM

Hello Ladies, I see all of you trying to run a muck just 'cuz I aint here. Well I will be back tomorrow as normal so......be good now.....would y'all like the link to the new challenge? Would y'all like to see who won the cards from last week? Well then if you can stay out of trouble long enough just click here. hehe...I will chat with y'all tomorrow dh wants me to get ready to go out. So....I must go...Hugggs to y'all.

Suzy800 04-02-2011 06:53 PM

FMcrafter we have one more day to get into trouble before Dani comes back......mmmm.....what to do.....what to do. lol

raduse 04-09-2011 11:25 PM

I am very late uploading this thanks to migraines again.:rolleyes: Here's my take on the challenge: This Little Light Of Mine