Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   Weekly Musical -19 � American Soldier (Toby Keith) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/weekly-musical-19-%96-american-soldier-toby-keith-522883/)

FMcrafter 03-14-2011 01:59 PM

Weekly Musical -19 � American Soldier (Toby Keith)

Posting for Dani who is still in pain with her back.

Weekly Musical -19 – American Soldier (Toby Keith)________________________________________
We are now back to the normal drawing. So ladies remember; in order for you to be the recipient of the cards you must post your card in the forum. If you win, you choose where the cards go. You can even have them sent to you.

Ladies, let's keep in mind that we all love it when we see comments under our cards. So please let's all try to leave love under everyone's creations.

American Soldier By Toby Keith

Video, YouTube - American Soldier- Toby Keith (tribute)

I’m just tryin’ to be a father, raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother, everythin’ to everyone
Up and at ‘em bright and early, I’m all business in my suit
Yeah I’m dressed up for success, from my head down to my boots
I don’t do it for money, there’s bills that I can’t pay
I don’t do it for the glory, I just do it anyway
Providing for our future’s, my responsibility
Yeah I’m real good under pressure, being all that I can be
And I can’t call in sick on Mondays when the weekend’s been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays, and sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready, when the wolf growls at the door
Hey I’m solid, hey I’m steady, hey I’m true down to the core.

If you are new to the challenge this is how it works. Each week I choose a song. I then ask you to make a card that is inspired by the chosen song. Then post your card here in the forum and we can leave our comments and chat about it. Then next Saturday I will put everyone's name that made a card for this challenge into a drawing. The winner will be the recipient of the cards made for this challenge. Therefore I will ask you to consider sending your card to whomever is the lucky recipient. However, it is not mandatory that you send your card.

Also, please remember in order to have your name put in the drawing you MUST post your card here in the forum before next Saturday.

Please use the keyword: DDMCC19. HAPPY CREATING!!!!

Here's my card http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=282268

raduse 03-14-2011 06:37 PM

Thank for posting the new challenge.

DellsDani 03-15-2011 06:26 AM

FM thank you so much for posting for me. I am still not up to making cards, however, once I get back to normal I will get a card made. Thank you again.

Hello ladies, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am super sorry about the post being so late. It was my fault. I thought I would be up to it but I'm finding that sitting is not an option. I should have taken Fm's offer of help when she first offered it but I truely thought that I would feel better by now. I have an appt to see my doc on Friday. Yeah, it's a ways away. I'm tellin ya the man is a doofus. Well ladies, let's thank FM for her help by making and posting our cards. (((((Huggs))))) Have a great week!!

triasimite 03-15-2011 11:49 AM

Thanks, FM, for helping Dani with this challenge.

Here's my card. DDMCC19 American Soldier (bb) by triasimite - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DellsDani 03-15-2011 11:53 AM

Bev, wow!!!! Your card is stunning. Thank you for playing this week. How are you doing?

triasimite 03-15-2011 12:53 PM

DDMCC19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDani (Post 18076292)
Bev, wow!!!! Your card is stunning. Thank you for playing this week. How are you doing?

I'm glad you like it. It came out 100% DIFFERENT than what I had planned. It seems like the cards just evolve!

I think I'm doing better than you. I'm so sorry about your back problems. Back problems can be bad enough...let alone all the other concerns they can create. I hope every new day is better.

Me, surgery coming, not scheduled yet. No biggie!

FMcrafter 03-15-2011 11:30 PM

Surgery, sounds serious. You OK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by triasimite (Post 18076504)
I'm glad you like it. It came out 100% DIFFERENT than what I had planned. It seems like the cards just evolve!

I think I'm doing better than you. I'm so sorry about your back problems. Back problems can be bad enough...let alone all the other concerns they can create. I hope every new day is better.

Me, surgery coming, not scheduled yet. No biggie!

triasimite 03-16-2011 03:30 AM

Music

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 18078539)
Surgery, sounds serious. You OK?

Yes, don't know just yet but at my age I don't sweat this kind of thing. It's, regardless of seriousness, just an aggravation.

DellsDani 03-16-2011 08:25 AM

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. I am up and moving slowly but moving. Still in a lot of pain, but when I called Dr. Doofus Monday he told me I have an appt coming up this Friday so I should just hang in there. Well, yeah.
Bev, please let us know when your surgery is once you find out. You know you are in my prayers.
FM, how are you doing?

tryingtofindtime 03-16-2011 10:30 AM

can we post a card we already have made?

DellsDani 03-16-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime (Post 18080318)
can we post a card we already have made?

I had this question once before and I don't remember what we agreed on. So, I am going to say yes.

tryingtofindtime 03-16-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDani (Post 18080349)
I had this question once before and I don't remember what we agreed on. So, I am going to say yes.

cool. I have a card in mind. I will find and if time try to post tonight. or lease update the posting to include this.

DellsDani 03-16-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime (Post 18080497)
cool. I have a card in mind. I will find and if time try to post tonight. or lease update the posting to include this.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing it. You have until Saturday. Saturday is when I do the drawing and post a new song. I am so glad you came to join us.

triasimite 03-16-2011 12:25 PM

Music

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime (Post 18080497)

Thanks, Kristyn. We'll be watching for it.

DellsDani 03-16-2011 02:12 PM

Ladies, I received a lovely no...absolutely beautiful card yesterday. It is from a Kat....the only problem is I am not sure who to thank because it doesn't have an scs name on it. When I get up again I will try to remember to take a pic and upload it. Anyways..was it any of you that sent it? It's a card that stands on a base with an image of a cute child and it has adorable butterflies all over it.

tryingtofindtime 03-16-2011 06:09 PM

honey sailor by tryingtofindtime - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

here's a card I made a few weeks ago and when I read the song title I immediately thought of this card. Hope this meets the challange. I'm going to try to play along in future weeks. Just have to "findthetime"

DellsDani 03-17-2011 08:59 AM

Kristyn, your card is absolutely perfect for this week's challenge. Great Job!!! In fact, the d/p you used on top is a piece that I had stuck in my "Not my style" pile for the swap. But now seeing it the way you used it gives me ideas. Thanks. Woo gotta go pull that one out of the pile. hehe....I am so glad you played this week. I so look forward to seeing your work in the future as well as getting to chat with you. Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Altho I am 100% German and do not celebrate this day I know it is important to some people. If they had St. German's Day I would celebrate it. However, there is no St. German so I am out of luck. oh well...hehe...

A Big HELLO to everyone. And Happy St. Patrick's Day to y'all as well. Everyone have a safe and wonderful day.

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDani (Post 18084127)
Kristyn, your card is absolutely perfect for this week's challenge. Great Job!!! In fact, the d/p you used on top is a piece that I had stuck in my "Not my style" pile for the swap. But now seeing it the way you used it gives me ideas. Thanks. Woo gotta go pull that one out of the pile. hehe....I am so glad you played this week. I so look forward to seeing your work in the future as well as getting to chat with you. Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Altho I am 100% German and do not celebrate this day I know it is important to some people. If they had St. German's Day I would celebrate it. However, there is no St. German so I am out of luck. oh well...hehe...

A Big HELLO to everyone. And Happy St. Patrick's Day to y'all as well. Everyone have a safe and wonderful day.

there's serveral pieces of paper in that paper stack (assuming it's the same one that I have) that make good OWH cards or Troop cards. Glad you liked my "not my style" paper! lol

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2011 10:38 AM

Hero Card by tryingtofindtime - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I think this paper is in that stack too. the colors are similar to the honey sailor card, so I'd have to go home and look at the paper pack. but check out this card too. you might pull another piece out. lol

FMcrafter 03-17-2011 01:04 PM

Happy St. Paddy's day I should go out and get lots of sloppy beer kisses. So kiss me I'm Irish!!

tryingtofindtime 03-17-2011 04:41 PM

A toast to all my SCS Friends with a green beer.

DellsDani 03-18-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryingtofindtime (Post 18084493)
Hero Card by tryingtofindtime - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I think this paper is in that stack too. the colors are similar to the honey sailor card, so I'd have to go home and look at the paper pack. but check out this card too. you might pull another piece out. lol

omg you are so absolutely right. This card looks awesome. Good job. And you are right it is another piece to pull out. Thank you for showing me this.

DellsDani 03-18-2011 10:45 AM

Hello everyone. Well I went to doctor doofus this morning. He did find what is wrong. I sprained my sacroiliac. He put me on meds to take care of the inflamation and a muscle relaxer. However, I can't get them today because everything has to go through workerman's comp. And of course they take their sweet time. Ugggg...So I am still miserable. I sure hope all of you are doing well. Remember tommorrow is a new song. I don't know if I will have a card made or not. Doc says no sitting, no bending, no twisting. So...we shall see how I am feeling tomorrow. But I will still do the drawing as well as post the new song. So everyone have a great day!! ((((((huggs))))))

FMcrafter 03-18-2011 03:37 PM

Ok ladies. St. Paddy's is over and no more green beer. So get to work LOL

DellsDani 03-18-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafter (Post 18090231)
Ok ladies. St. Paddy's is over and no more green beer. So get to work LOL

Yes Ma'am!!! lol Man what a slave driver....lololol

DellsDani 03-18-2011 10:57 PM

tryingtofindtime..I don't know if you knew this but your name goes into the drawing twice because you made two cards. Just thought you may want to know this.

DellsDani 03-19-2011 06:15 AM

Ladies, this week's challenge has been posted. I hope to see a lot of players. This week whomever brings a guest will win a prize. Remember tho both you and your guest must post a card here in the forum to get your prize. This one is a challenge, I think. Also, please remember I am still dealing with back pain so my card is not posted yet. However, I am thinking I will be able to get one made once the pain meds kick in later today. Ok ladies, I can NOT wait to see what everyone comes up with for this one. Just click here to go to the new weekly musical challenge.

raduse 03-20-2011 09:26 PM

I'm extremely late thanks to another stinkin migraine!!:rolleyes: Here's my take on the challenge: Writing Home

DellsDani 03-21-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduse (Post 18097552)
I'm extremely late thanks to another stinkin migraine!!:rolleyes: Here's my take on the challenge: Writing Home

Girl, I so wish them dang nab doctors would do something for you. Have you ever gone in for an IV drip treatment? If not, maybe that is something you could check into. BTW your card, perfect fit for this song. WOW!!! I love it.