Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   USEIT2015 challenge group (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/useit2015-challenge-group-595341/)

Jo Ann F. 01-16-2015 02:52 PM

My goal for Week 1 was to make 5 cards with butterfly products, and I actually made 8. Here they are.

For week 2, I am aiming to make 3 cards with some stamps that I got in Germany last April.

Shoe Girl 01-17-2015 01:29 PM

Ok so I am just seeing the rules for this and really want to join in on the fun as I have a ton of old sets that I never inked up. So I did not list on Monday what stamp or set I would use or how many I would make but I did make one today with a very old stamp that had never been inked. It is this card and I have no idea the name of the bear stamp on the card as I did not save the label when I got the set. So on Monday I will for sure add my name and a set or stamp to use that has never seen ink. Here is the one I did today. FA256, USEIT2015, Birthday Bears by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hdp 01-18-2015 07:04 AM

This week I challenged myself to use the sentiment stamp set "Blue Skies Ahead" by MFT stamps.

Here are my cards for this week: USE IT Challenge by hdp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DCinkit 01-18-2015 07:15 AM

Interesting challenge. I'm subbing for now.

I found this thread through hdp's cute cards from her Blue Skies Ahead stamp set. She provided a link.

hdp ~ Left you some love in your gallery.

Arlene_C 01-18-2015 10:35 AM

I used SU Bliss stamp set this week. Glad that I had most of my cards made last weekend as I spent this week with the flu! Hoping to use SU Madison Avenue this week - still not feeling my best and the headache is annoying!
Here are my cards from SU Bliss:

USEIT2015 2-1 by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

USEIT2015 2-2 by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

USEIT2015 2-3 by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

USEIT2015 2-4 by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

USEIT2015 2-5 by Arlene_C - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

grateful2bsaved 01-18-2015 01:11 PM

So sorry you're sick, Arlene! Can't comment on the cards yet, cause they're still pending approval. ;) I know I'm going to love them though, 'cause I always think your cards are adorable.

BarbieP 01-18-2015 03:42 PM

Here is a card for the week of 1/18/2015. I am hoping I can create 2 cards this week.

FS415 Route 66 by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

smadson 01-18-2015 03:57 PM

Here is my first card using You're Lovely. I have another one to make before a new week and new stamp!
I Like You

Shoe Girl 01-19-2015 03:14 AM

I am going to try to use 2 sets this week to make 4 cards. The sets are Fruit Medley and Fruity Phrases. Wish me luck getting 4 extra cards made. LOL!

yellowrose46 01-19-2015 03:36 AM

I actually finished my goal this past week, completing the last card after dark yesterday, so I didn't get it photographed yet. Here are the cards I made, using each and everyone of the stamps in that box pictured in post #17.
Soul Sharon by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Embossed folder stamping #1 by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Happy Thoughts by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
One more to photograph after I get back from the dentist.

yellowrose46 01-19-2015 07:21 AM

The one I couldn't photograph last night.
USEIT2015 Shell by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

For this week, I will commit to making just one card from the SU 'In the Wild' set.

Jo Ann F. 01-19-2015 09:27 AM

Here are my cards for Week 2.

zipper28 01-19-2015 09:58 AM

I didn't get any cards made last week. Too many things come along to interrupt me and it seems I don't get back to t he craft room. I will try this week. I started one using a new embossing folder also so maybe I'll complete that one.

smadson 01-19-2015 11:11 AM

Here is my last card using You're Lovely for last week! Live Happy
I used two stamps out of the set on the card. Now I have used every stamp in the set! :)
I will be back later with what my goal is for this week. Just catching up. :)

Shoe Girl 01-19-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46 (Post 20872174)
The one I couldn't photograph last night.
USEIT2015 Shell by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

For this week, I will commit to making just one card from the SU 'In the Wild' set.

Oh that is one of my all time favorite sets. :D

smadson 01-19-2015 12:18 PM

Week Three

I found another set that I have never used. It is another Sale-A-Bration set. They all have been so far. I get them free, then don't use them, I guess! Anyway it is See Ya Later, and I remember really wanting it! LOL So it has 4 sentiments, so I will try to make 4 cards this week with this set!
:)

hdp 01-19-2015 12:58 PM

This week I will make at least five cards using the MFT sentiment set "Birthday Greetings". I am also going to challenge myself to use designer paper on at least three of the cards. I love of buy the pretty paper and then rarely use it.

gosh2fly 01-19-2015 01:31 PM

My plan for this week is to use Stampin Up's Dapper Dad. It is sitting brand new in case - never used. I will make at least 1 card.

Arlene_C 01-19-2015 04:53 PM

I struggled yesterday to get the creativity flowing for SU Madison Ave. stamp set. Nothing was working for me - I think the cold/flu has gotten my brain foggy!
As some of you know, my mom is in hospice care and the news this morning was not good. I am getting some clothes together and preparing for another call within the next day or two. With that being said, I probably won't get my cards made this week.

Keep up the good work, ladies! I am loving your cards!

smadson 01-19-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_C (Post 20872690)
I struggled yesterday to get the creativity flowing for SU Madison Ave. stamp set. Nothing was working for me - I think the cold/flu has gotten my brain foggy!
As some of you know, my mom is in hospice care and the news this morning was not good. I am getting some clothes together and preparing for another call within the next day or two. With that being said, I probably won't get my cards made this week.

Oh, Arlene, will keep you in my prayers. I went through this last year. My heart aches for you.
Hugs

Julie Gearinger 01-19-2015 05:20 PM

So sorry to hear about your mom, Arlene..my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I love this idea since I have been trying to use some of my massive stash of retired sets and others that I just had to have but have not used yet...I think I need an intervention- lol!!

I just saw this thread so I will need to figure out what set to use and will let you know- thanks for the inspiration!!

smadson 01-19-2015 05:27 PM

Here is a card I made from a stamp I can't remember if I have ever used. So I included it in this challenge. It is Gracious Lady from Hero Arts.
Happy Birthday Debbie

Cook22 01-20-2015 08:56 AM

I'm jumping in early with my card for this week. Yesterday was my only day off, so I thought I'd better get ahead while I could.
2 new Purple Onion stamps inked up for this, with the addition of Banner Blast.
Future Perfect.

Shoe Girl 01-20-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_C (Post 20872690)

Oh Arlene, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for you and your family.

BarbieP 01-20-2015 09:19 AM

Here is a card using a sentiment stamp from MFT. I will attempt to use another from this set this week.

CC514 Beginning is Today by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 01-20-2015 10:08 AM

Here's my card for this week using a floral stamp that I bought several months ago and used for the first time today ~

Crisp Marina Pacific Floral

cjzim 01-20-2015 10:12 AM

Arlene, I am so sorry for all you are undoubtedly going through with your Mother. My mom is in Hospice care as well, with Alzheimer's disease. It is very difficult, I know.

Shoe Girl 01-20-2015 05:55 PM

I actually used 3 sets to create these two cards using 4 stamps that had never been used. 2 of the sets are my goal to make 4 cards using all of the stamps. Here are my 2 cards:

TLC517, USEIT2015 Flower Thanks by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CAS308, USEIT2015, FS415, One in a Melon by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

grateful2bsaved 01-20-2015 07:19 PM

I swear it's like you ladies are looking on my shelves and finding all the sets I've never used! I've lost track of how many of the cards I've looked at that used SU sets that I've had for years and never even trimmed or mounted. And I'm loving all the cards I'm seeing! So much so that I get sucked into gallery browsing and never get around to making cards of my own. So, yep, I'm gonna blame all you ladies for me not making my cards. lmbo I have gotten as far as stamping a bunch of images from the sets I intended using. I will try my best to assemble at least 1 card within the next day or so. I am going to use SU Classic Convertibles. ;)

Julie Gearinger 01-20-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks again for the inspiration to use sets that have never seen ink :-)

I decided to pull out the 2005 set, Peace & Love- here is my first CAS card using a new die cut along with retired DSP ...

CAS Faith, Hope and Love by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Arlene_C 01-21-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjzim (Post 20873246)
Arlene, I am so sorry for all you are undoubtedly going through with your Mother. My mom is in Hospice care as well, with Alzheimer's disease. It is very difficult, I know.

Yes, you do know what I'm going thru - my mom had Alzheimer's. Sadly, she passed on Tuesday morning.

BarbieP 01-21-2015 05:49 PM

Here is another card for this week

SC524 Thanks by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Makalah 01-21-2015 05:56 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Arlene. Alzheimer's is terrible.

grateful2bsaved 01-21-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbieP (Post 20874626)

I went to comment on your card, and felt like a big, fat copy cat! Seriously, I wrote my comment, glanced up and the comment right above mine said pretty much the exact thing. So, I deleted that, and said someone else had said what I was going to say. Then, I read a comment or two above, and saw someone else said THAT. lol It's all quite obviously true if so many people are saying the same thing.

grateful2bsaved 01-21-2015 07:46 PM

Arlene, sending you love and hugs.

mms_911 01-21-2015 07:59 PM

Thanks Ina (yellowrose46) for inviting me to this group. I definitely need support and deadlines to help me stay committed to my goal of using up my sets this year. I also have a lot of DSP that needs to be used up so you will probably see a lot of cards from me with DSP. And I really like the color and sketch challenges that come out on Tuesday and Wednesday. My goal will be to make 3-5 cards each week but I probably won't be able to start until next week. However the weekend is coming up!

Looking forward to working with all of you wonderful cardmakers!

Scraperwannabe 01-21-2015 08:18 PM

Is it too late to join in?? I might have a "few" stamps that haven't seen ink in awhile!!! ;)

jan31 01-22-2015 04:06 AM

My card for this week using an old Sizzix stamp but not sure of the name, it has a matching EF too. I've also used it for the Challenge Triple Stamping

Triple Flourish by jan31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hdp 01-22-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scraperwannabe (Post 20874749)
Is it too late to join in?? I might have a "few" stamps that haven't seen ink in awhile!!! ;)

It is never too late to join! Can't wait to see your creations.

smadson 01-22-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_C (Post 20874556)
Yes, you do know what I'm going thru - my mom had Alzheimer's. Sadly, she passed on Tuesday morning.

Arlene, so sorry for your loss. I am still grieving for my Mom, and know your heart is broken. Sending prayers for you and your family.