Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Splitcoast Challenges (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/)
-   -   USEIT2015 challenge group (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-40/useit2015-challenge-group-595341/)

Julie Gearinger 06-02-2015 02:45 PM

Hi again! Here is another card that I created with ODBD As You Graduate- I have owned this stamp for years (probably 5 or so) and never inked it yet...I am so thankful for this challenge! It has motivated me to start using what I already own- so thank you, ladies for your encouragement and inspiration!!

SC527_FabFri65 Be Still and Know by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I combined it with the SC527 Sketch along with the FabFri65 color challenge- I am trying to keep up with the SCS color challenges and sketches for this year as well :-)

Hugs to all of you and have a great day!!

gosh2fly 06-03-2015 01:21 PM

I am a few days behind so am posting stamp set and card all at once. I used an old wood mount stamp I got a few years back from IO- Large solid bird and also used a new set I bought - Scribbly Birds for the sentiment.
Ombre Bird by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gosh2fly 06-06-2015 01:26 AM

Pale Blue Engagement | Dietrich Designs

This is beautiful!

grateful2bsaved 06-07-2015 12:58 PM

It was so beautiful it made me buy both the dies used in the card! lol

grateful2bsaved 06-07-2015 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Used another set I'd never inked up before, SU Summer Splash. I think I'm averaging about a card a month instead of the 1 a week I aimed for, but it's still way more than I would have done without this thread. (I've been trying to work with the new In Colors.)

Julie Gearinger 06-07-2015 02:08 PM

Love your Summer Splash card with the new colors- so colorful and festive!!

Arlene_C 06-07-2015 05:01 PM

great card, Pammie! hoping for things to settle down so I can get back to my therapy - Stamping!!

grateful2bsaved 06-07-2015 11:59 PM

Hope you're settled real soon, Arlene. I miss seeing ya around. ;)

Cook22 06-08-2015 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved (Post 20997851)
Used another set I'd never inked up before, SU Summer Splash. I think I'm averaging about a card a month instead of the 1 a week I aimed for, but it's still way more than I would have done without this thread. (I've been trying to work with the new In Colors.)

That's lovely - so summery. I love the way the circles with the fishes pick up on that super DP. And it took me a long time to like and buy that embossing folder (so long that by the time I decided I would use it, I was surprised it was still available, LOL) but it's certainly absolutely perfect here.
Even if you're averaging less than your original goal, it's great if the thread is helping you to create more than otherwise.

gosh2fly 06-08-2015 05:32 AM

I am off today and decided to make my card for this week using Papertrey Ink's Stained Glass. Seems odd making a Christmas card in 90+ degree weather but it's never too early to start on my stash.
Gold Stained Glass Window by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gosh2fly 06-08-2015 05:33 AM

Pam,
Such a bright a colorful summer card. I love that SU set and the new In colors.

berlycece 06-10-2015 10:02 AM

I just got an invitation (via the gallery) to link up here. I was thinking the challenge was to use any retired supplies. I am trying to use long-retired designer paper. Should I link those up, or is this really about the stamps?

btw, if it IS about the stamps, I could take that into consideration too! ;)

Julie Gearinger 06-10-2015 01:59 PM

Welcome Kim! This challenge has focused on stamps mostly that have not seen ink in a while- they do not have to be necessarily retired but possibly ones that need a bit of love :-)

I noticed that the stamps you used were retired as well as the DSP. I am under the impression that this thread is here to help motivate you to inking up what may be on the shelf, so we are thankful you are here!! :-)

gosh2fly 06-11-2015 01:40 AM

Welcome Kim. I often use unloved/never used dies and other accessories on my cards as well as stamps. This thread has motivated me to dig through all my stuff and use it.

smadson 06-13-2015 07:46 AM

Here is a set I bought at a garage sale and never used. It was only 4.00 because the price tag is still on it. I had even thought about selling it as it was in my trunk of ones to get rid of! LOL

Classic Captions is the set and For Shirley is the card.

I thinkk I am going to use another out of it too for VSN.

smadson 06-13-2015 09:01 AM

Another card with two ignorred sets: Wanda and Edgy Eloquence
Might as Well Dance

You know I have probably a 1000 sets. What is wrong with me? I will never use them all!

Julie Gearinger 06-13-2015 01:44 PM

Hi Everyone!

I created a mini waterfall album using ODBD Old Flag Background along with some Authentique paper that I bought on clearance a year ago... This is another set I have owned for years and never inked yet...I combined it with Not Forgotten and Land of the Free (all ODBD) using the instructions on Ginger Ropp's blog for the Easy Instagram Waterfall Mini album...warning, this album is addictive!! I have created 10 different designs this week, of which this is one of them :-)

Cover: SR281_CMCC75 Home of the Free Mini Album by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

"First Page"- behind cover and peek at the pages
SR281_CMCC75 The Lord Is With Me by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks again for the encouragement and inspiration to use what we own :-)

Scraperwannabe 06-13-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 21002575)
Another card with two ignorred sets: Wanda and Edgy Eloquence
Might as Well Dance

You know I have probably a 1000 sets. What is wrong with me? I will never use them all!

Ummmm... I'm pretty sure we are all in similar boats as far as having enough stamp sets that we wouldn't need to buy anymore. Shhh... let's not tell anyone though. :mrgreen: ;)

I keep using my newer stuff over & over, in fact, I've got 2 cards in the making with a newer set. I'm gonna have to set a deadline & start gradually getting rid of, I think. :roll:

Julie Gearinger 06-13-2015 02:30 PM

Sharon- I agree with Misti, we are all in the same "boat" but we keep on buying...must be an addiction...maybe we need Stampers Anonymous :-)

I am trying to limit my stamp purchases but now I find that I am being lured by all of the fantastic thin dies on the market - love the intricate cuts! Plus I am in love with Graphic 45 paper...I have a few orders on the way and I told my hubby, thanks for the early birthday presents - lol!!

When the items are at 50% off or more, I cannot resist...I am a craft addict, I admit it!! Sharon, you are not alone :-)

smadson 06-14-2015 04:41 PM

I used a unmounted rubber stamp that I have had for at least 5 years. Don't know if I have ever used it. :) But I have in 2015!
You're A Classic

smadson 06-15-2015 11:18 AM

Here is another stamp set: All Natural. I used two stamps out of it for
Thank you Paula

Julie Gearinger 06-15-2015 08:48 PM

Here is another card I created this week using the MFT Splendid Sunflower along with the coordinating die - I have owned this set for approx. a year and never inked it yet...

Sunflower Anniversary by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shoe Girl 06-16-2015 05:50 PM

I know it has been a long time since I used another old set, life seems to get busy and those new sets are so much fun to play with too. He, He. This darling set Peace I have never used a single stamp. It is a Christmas set but this was perfect for today's Teapot challenge. Here is my card: Thinking of You in Peace by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.

smadson 06-17-2015 04:59 PM

Here is another card for VSN, and I used to ignorred stamp sets on it.
Sweet VSN Baking

I used a stamp out of Quick & Cute and one fom a clear se from Inkadinkado.
I will put my black circle dots on these. I hope to see black dots on all my sets some day to show I at least used them once! )

Julie Gearinger 06-18-2015 09:44 PM

Ok, I hope you are not tired of me yet...I was able to modify an old stamp from Stampin' Up! called Handmade with Love II (not in the gallery) - this set is normally used to stamp the back of your cards but I used one of the images for the JUN15VSNB Challenge :-)

JUN15VSNB_SC543 Two Hands by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gosh2fly 06-19-2015 02:09 AM

Another super busy week so made a quick CAS card I case'd from Lizzie Jones blog. This will be a quick card I can make multiples of for my Christmas card stash. That is if I can find where the little holly die went - it is lost in my craft room :(
Christmas Greetings from Florida by gosh2fly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Gearinger 06-19-2015 02:17 AM

Here is another Virtual Stamp Night card using the long ago retired set, Honey Bear :-)

JUN15VSNF_SC539 The Latest Buzz... by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Gearinger 06-19-2015 02:30 AM

Love being able to pull out retired sets for Virtual Stamp Nights...here is a card using the retired set, Of The Earth that has not seen ink in years :-)

JUN15VSNG_CC534 His Eye is On The Sparrow by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Gearinger 06-19-2015 09:27 AM

Hi Everyone! Here is one more VSN card using Betsy the Beekeeper- I love this old set and have not given her any inky love in quite a while :-)

JUN15VSNI_CC535_SC540 Thinking of You by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

grateful2bsaved 06-22-2015 04:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I actually managed to assemble/complete SIX cards between Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You guys know for me that's a miracle. All of them were sets I hadn't used. The butterfly one didn't use stamps, but I opened up a brand new pack of DSP and cut into it. Does that count? lol I used SU Seaside Sketches, SU The Free and the Brave, SU You've Got This, Irish Blessings sentiment stamp, and Sparkle Creations Ukulele Josh. DD did the coloring for me on the two images that needed coloring.

Two of the cards were rush, rush Father's Day cards and one was for a young man who made Eagle Scout. So those three were "do or die" cards, I NEEDED them. The other three cards had been sitting on my table in various pieces for weeks.

grateful2bsaved 06-22-2015 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Other two...

grateful2bsaved 06-22-2015 04:16 PM

Oh, and I used my SU Lace BG stamp that I'd never used.

Arlene_C 06-22-2015 04:49 PM

Fabulous cards, Pam! Way to go, Girl!!

auntangie 06-23-2015 06:51 AM

Great cards Pam! How did you do the butterflies to make them glossy?

grateful2bsaved 06-23-2015 10:38 AM

The butterflies were a total accident actually. I was going to try that "Bokeh" technique, so I tried to do the watercolor thing to a sheet of watercolor paper. It turned out sooooo ugly! But I couldn't stand to waste a whole big sheet of watercolor paper, so I figured I'd cut out some butterflies and see how they looked. Cut up the watercolor paper looked kind of pretty, but dull. So, I inked up the butterflies with Versamark, and embossed them with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I love how they came out. (BTW, I've had the UTEE for years and never used it. I was surprised it was still good.) Then the butterflies sat on my table for weeks while I tried to arrange them on a card. lol

Julie Gearinger 06-26-2015 08:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pam- those cards are fabulous (where is our "love" button :-))!! Love the use of the DSP as well and, I would say, of course that counts!! Love the way you salvaged your butterflies and so thankful that you shared with us!!

I created a wedding waterfall folio album last night for a wedding tomorrow at noon- the bride chose Royal Blue as her main color so I used some retired SU! Brilliant Blue DSP as well as Presto Patterns (remember that one?) from years ago...no stamping but several dies, of which, the rectangular Spellbinders die on the front cover is new but never used as well :-)

Hope all is well with everyone and thanks again for this thread and the encouragement that we can use our retired or older products- it is helping me not feel guilty about using them versus just current SU! sets (since I am a SU! demo, we are encouraged to showcase the current so others can purchase but I have all of my retired sets...)

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations- hugs and have a great weekend, my friends!

gosh2fly 06-27-2015 12:07 AM

Pam,
I agree with all the others - your cards are fabulous. Love the butterflies. Such a cool story of how to save and reuse.

gosh2fly 06-27-2015 12:09 AM

Julie,
The wedding album is beautiful. I am sure the lucky couple will love it. I agree this thread has helped me so much this year using my old but still loved stamps, dies and paper.
I am taking a break this week - too much going on but will be back next week.

grateful2bsaved 06-27-2015 02:05 AM

Julie, that album is gorgeous! I've always loved Brilliant Blue. I was so happy to discover FSJ's Huckleberry Fusion is almost identical. And I LOVE their ink! (Feeling like a bit of a traitor, since I've been a SU hobby demo for the majority of the last 12 years.)

Julie Gearinger 06-27-2015 06:14 AM

Janet- I hope you have a fabulous week (we will miss hearing from you, but understand:-))

Pam- I have not tried any of the FSJ products yet- good to know that the Huckleberry Fusion is a match (I cannot believe that I still have the reinkers and ink pads for the Brilliant Blue plus some more of the DSP and cardstock :-))

Have a great weekend, all!! I am off to the wedding in the rainstorms shortly :-)