Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2021, 05:04 AM   #881  
Forum Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Just trying to catch up!

lynn pleased to hear you are getting sorted at last, you sound very organised. Did you ever get the postcard I sent you? I know Ina received hers and they were posted on the same day.
I did send you a PM about the lovely card with hugs you sent me, I hope you saw it, cheered me up as I had one from Ina too.

kathy pleased to hear your Dad is home, it’s good you have so many family members to help or else it would be overwhelming for you and your Mum.

im still feeling weak as a kitten but now I’m looking after steve as he can’t put his foot to the ground, the worse thing is having to cook, it’s been thirty odd years since I had to think about what to cook, Lol, thank goodness for the slow cooker!

ina any news on Neil! I think about you all and hoping you have some news.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 08:54 AM   #882  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wishing all of you a good week. It will be great here. Finally we have warm weather. I just came in from the garden for lunch. It is sunny and 21 ° C. Will be sunny and warm most of the week, with, hopefully, some rain on Wednesday. The earth I am working in is pretty dry.
Jan, who knows when Lynn will get her postcard. Mail here has been very sporadic lately. Last Monday, I sent a thank you card to my daughter and a birthday card to her son. Same address, same day. She received hers on Wednesday and he still has not received his, a week later.
I am sorry Steve is so unwell, and sorry you need to do the cooking. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just bring to mind when you used to cook and refresh your old standby recipes from those days. No, not the mac and cheese you made for your boys when they were young. Being on my own, I kerp it pretty simple. Lately, it's been a large salad and a protein. And of course, dessert!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 09:38 AM   #883  
Forum Fanatic

Ina Mac and cheese is not a British thing, I’ve never cooked or eaten it, our American gS like it though. Our boys favourite when they were young was lasagne.
I can cook but have just got out of the habit of thinking what to cook, I cooked lamb steaks with veg in the slow cooker Sunday and today I made a pie with the meat and veg left over.
You’ve heard of backstreet drivers, Steve’s a backseat cook, ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #884  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes I got the pretty girl in a yellow dress and grumpy thinks it will look great on me! Lol

Sorry I have been having a hard time staying focused but hey that happens!

This weekend is May 24 weekend. It is the unofficial start to summer and it is also when it is safe to plant in your garden. Unfortunately we are in a stay at home order. I am hoping that grumpy and I can eat on the balcony one day this weekend. We will see. Of course no official events but I bet a ton of fire works will be going off. Oh right.. It is Victoria Day on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 12:36 PM   #885  
Stazon Splitcoast

There I go wandering all over the place. Jan sent me a lovely card with a girl in Spanish dress and a boy on it.

I mailed my May cards but never know if they will get there so I usually post one here. I think Jan gets her card about 2 months after I send it.

Yes Canada post is a mess. Anything that was normal before no longer holds true. Also the government sent all the cencus notes on the same day and really messed with the sorting machines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #886  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all! Just checking in. Been a busy couple of weeks. Got the garden in. My sis came to visit for a week. It was her Christmas present to my Dad and his wife to give them a week of help. They had help for a couple of weekends cleaning up after the Derecho, but they have been on their own since. They are getting to the age that a couple hours work and they are done for the day. And there are some jobs they just shouldn't tackle without help. We got a lot of projects done for them. The BF and I started building a new chicken coop over the weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a good Mother's Day!

Ina I praying they have some answers about your grandson soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 05:06 PM   #887  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Lynn thanks for the photos of your balcony and toes. Pretty.

Have a great week everyone. Waving
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #888  
Forum Fanatic

Lynn I’m pleased it arrived I thought you would look good in that dress! I’m sure you have some nail Polish to match!
hope Grumpy has recovered from his vaccine, steve had nothing from either, thankfully, I just had a sore arm

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 08:08 AM   #889  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy I am so glad you have help with your dad.

Jan I think you could use some help until you are both healed.

Grumpy did great with his first shot. His only problem was sleep, when he rolled over his arm would hurt. They have been opening up the vaccine restrictions to younger and younger groups. This is all first shot only. My second shot will not be till August as it stands right now. I think they continued the stay at home order so we can get passed this weekend without a bunch of new infections. They are also talking about fully vaccinating kids before school starts in September.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #890  
Forum Fanatic

Lynn, I’m feeling better but very tired as I’ve not been sleeping very well, today I had to take our documents to the accountant for our yearly tax assessment, too many stairs for steve to negotiate with crutches , then paid the car tax, big lines at the bank, checked the lottery, rang the hairdressers and she said she could fit me in for a trim at 12, then iI had to water the veg , it’s all go.

our GS had his vaccine Friday and his mum had booked a night at a safari sleeping in a teepee, he’s now got the very same symptoms as I’ve had, vomiting and feeling ill, doctor gave him some pills so he’s off school with his dad, poor boy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 12:09 AM   #891  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, your gorgeous hugs card has just arrived. Thank you for thinking of me. I love the colours and flowers. It’s always so special to receive happy mail from overseas.

It’s been a gorgeous day today and I met a friend for lunch at the marina. So beautiful there.
Now home and I’m thinking about playing in my art journal. I intended to do that last night and sat for hours just drooling over the art journal itself lol. I can’t bear to mess the pages up lol.

Jan hope that you are on the mend and you sound as though you’ve been busy with jobs. Hope Steve's feet and legs are improving. Wow that's great they are vaccinating the little ones in the States now. Sorry that it’s affecting him and hope he’s on the mend. They are doing the over 50s here and healthcare workers at present here. We still haven’t been but I will be discussing with my Dr tomorrow.

Ina, how is Neil going and Kathy how’s your family going now your dad’s home.

Thinking of Sharon and Larry and hope he is going ok and they are enjoying time with their family.

First I need to get my washing in...bye for now

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 07:21 AM   #892  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning! I was just laughing at myself in the shower. I do not sing in the shower. No I groan in the shower! I get in there and stretch before I wash myself. So yup quite a few strange noises! Lol I will have to explain to grumpy before we live together again.lol

Kathy how is is going with family members helping dad?

Jan are you feeling any better?

How is everyone else? I have a feeling Ina is already in the garden!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #893  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

Dad's quiet today. My sister couldn't get him to eat much. im thinking his covid shot from Monday may have him tired yet. It was his 2nd shot. So far the family thing is working great. Last night DH and DS2 got him into bed. This morning my niece and DH got him up. My nurse sister spends the day from 8:30-2:00. My niece has been spending the night, sometimes. DH and I help out as extras in between times and weekends.

DS2 was singing in the shower the other night. It was heavy metal. I told him not to quit his day job! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #894  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy perhaps it is the jab that’s making your dad tired, I’m pleased the family all helping is working, makes it easier when everyone pulls together.

im feeling much better apart from I’m not sleeping very well but Steve’s good is slowly getting better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #895  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I can't remember if I told you your card arrived yesterday. Thanks for the hugs and for the little tiny dragonflies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #896  
Forum Fanatic

Lynn I posted a message yesterday to say I received your beautiful card but I can’t see where it’s gone!
I thought it was the anniversary card our son had sent so it was a lovely surprise to see see your name on the back, poor steve got the bank statement and water bill, he always says he likes to see me come out of the PO empty handed!

we had breakfast on the beach yesterday, we could park right next to it so no walking for steve, then we drove to the nursery in the next town for six tomatoe plants, steve sat on the wall to plant them out, we needed a change of scenery after being stuck inside for nearly three weeks.

our eldest GS is feeling better but now our son, DIL and other GS are ill, there must be a 48 hr bug going around as our son had a zoom call with a colleague in the .east Bay and he has it too!
They all look pretty bad when they rang last night! I feel for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 11:20 PM   #897  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I’ve just seen a post you wrote yesterday to Lynn on the 2020 thread lol...I went to it myself as I think Carlene sometimes posts on there. It’s easy to do.

Glad you were able to get out for brekkie. Sorry to hear your family are ill..it’s one thing after the other isn’t it?

Kathy hope that your parents are going ok. It sounds as though you and your family have a good routine going to help with your dad.

happy weekend everyone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2021, 11:22 PM   #898  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, thanks for letting me know, I thought I was going mad! I know my brain has gone to mush but. I just couldn’t understand where it had gone, LOL

yes I will be glad when we are all well, it seems to be dragging on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2021, 07:45 AM   #899  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I have been missing. My Michaels friend ended up in the hospital. She is 76. I had met her and we talked. Then she went and had lemonade with another friend. Just after I left my Michaels friend went very and passed out. She went to the hospital to get checked out and they haven't found anything yet. She drives me absolutely crazy! I want her other friend to call me so I had the phone number. Other friend is up early I am up late. Between the two of us we can call and see if all is well. Michaels friend has not passed on my phone number " cause I ain't dead yet". Uuggh. Anyways she had a call with cardiologist and she needs a stress test and a heart monitor test. Oh oh no driving for a month! Maybe now she will be serious! Forgot to say she lives alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #900  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning everyone. We went from cool weather straight to hot hazy humid! Yuck

They are opening some outdoor activities today so people will be able to go out. I am uncertain whether splash pads will be open. Don't think pools are open. A ton of people will be at the beach.

Grumpy and I will be having a BBQ at his on Sunday. There is a great Greek butcher that we will get supplies from. Other than that it will be the same day all over again just a different date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 05:02 PM   #901  
Stazon Splitcoast

A crazy day. Remember my Michaels friend. I called multiple times for more than an hour. I was dressed and in my car on my way to her place when she finally texted me back. I went to her place and read her the riot act. She lives alone. Not answering her phone. Not answering cellphone. Not returning texts. I thought she had passed out again and when she got back to me she was flippant. It wasn't until I said I was a ready to call the police or break down her door that she stopped and finally listened to me. So.. She now has someone with a key to her place. I have the phone number of that person. She has a picture of her meds on her cell phone. She has a list in her purse. She is booking an appointment with her doctor. I mean seriously!

OK end of rant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #902  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, do you remember about 2 years ago or so when that friend of mine kind of dumped me? My son just said he saw on Facebook that she died today! I was so sad to hear that. It said it was unexpected so I'm not sure what happened. I'm really glad we were able to get past that. I forgave her a long time ago. Long before she apologized. We had some fun times together before that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #903  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry to hear that she passed. Glad you were able to reconnect and forgive. Life is out there to be lived.. OK once our stay at home order is lifted!

Big huge hugs!

Oh do you like dragonflies? I do and that is why I added a few to flutter out when you opened your card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2021, 12:10 PM   #904  
Stazon Splitcoast

the moon at 3.30am
Attached Thumbnails
S2S21 Challenges-maymoon2021.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2021, 09:05 PM   #905  
Stazon Splitcoast

moon at 1am
Attached Thumbnails
S2S21 Challenges-moonmay24.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #906  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

What were you doing, Lynn up at one and 3 am? LOL

Lynn, thanks you for my beautiful card and dragonflies! You are so sweet. Came a at a good time. I don’t know who I have told, but DH fell on his birthday and broke his hip. Fell Friday 2 am, had hip replacement at 10am Friday. I brought him home Monday 4pm. Our daughter and family drove him 4pm Tuesday. It was scheduled, and God has great timing. The five of them were a great encouragement! They left today. Miss them already! DH is doing great!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #907  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, glad he's recovering well. My dad has good days and bad. Our main focus is getting as many calories into him as possible. And getting him to stand so we don't have to hold him on our own. DH nearly lost his grip last night but sister's husband came in when we yelled and saved us from all going down.

I had a dream last night. I dreamed I got sprayed by a skunk at a neighbors. Then I was trying to get a shower at an amusement park. Then I was sitting at a table with Jayne and her DH and realized I didn't have my shoes or my purse. When I finally found my purse my cell phone was in there but my credit card and debit card was missing. I was very happy to wake up after that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #908  
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad you got the card. I am sorry to hear your husband has had a fall and very glad he is on the mend. It is great when everyone can come together and help!

Kathy it looks like you are all coming together to help. So glad you are not on your own in this!

Me..well my body decided sleep is not necessary! Yup I am in the twilight zone between days and night until my body decides what time zone it wants to be in. Usually takes a week and is usually caused by my meds. The good news was that I got to see the moon. I got a picture with my old camera but can't figure out how to use my big camera for the shot. That camera was at grumpy place for quite a while. Maybe reading the manual will put me to sleep! Lol

Big huge hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #909  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon m so pleased to hear that Larry is doing well, it’s always sad when family leave but so lovely that they were able to get over to help you, take care sharon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #910  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving and sending hugs to everyone. Kathy, thanks for the reminder about getting my CC put back into my purse LOL. I hope it wasn’t a bad dream with us. Will pop on now and again. Keep well everyone

Have you seen the new format in your personal gallery. Hopefully they will fix other stuff too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 07:00 AM   #911  
Stazon Splitcoast

What is with the thumbs up..thanks thingie?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #912  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm guessing it's our new like button.....cute button but I'd prefer it say like. I'm not always wanting to thank someone for their post, but many times I am liking what they say. The gallery is cute, but it will take time for me to get used to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 06:52 AM   #913  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't even looked at the gallery yet. Maybe I will wait till my head and body are in the same time zone. Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 07:31 AM   #914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The gallery is back to normal again. I like it better.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #915  
Stazon Splitcoast

Using your Misti with layering stencils

https://youtu.be/wjQvRBWm-2E
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
smadson (05-28-2021)
Old 05-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #916  
Stazon Splitcoast

Google photos
*******Google is ending its unlimited free cloud storage on Google Photos.

As of June 1, new photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos will count towards a free 15-gigabyte limit. This limit is also shared between other Google cloud services, such as Google Drive and Gmail.

Photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos prior to June 1 will be unaffected and won't count towards the 15 GB limit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2021, 07:08 PM   #917  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catching up. Watching Masked Singer 5 finale.

The weather is crazy. It kept threatening rain this month but we had less than an inch of rain combined. Is mother nature having a mid-life crisis?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2021, 07:47 AM   #918  
Stazon Splitcoast

Umm I think we have snow??
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #919  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes Lynn, it has been snowing all morning out here.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 08:21 AM   #920  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not staying on the ground though, as we had 31°C temps herr earlier in the week. The ground is pretty warm.
Reply With Quote Likes