Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #1001  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Thanks Jan for all of the info. Our bookings were for end April/May. We managed to cancel the end April one but that was direct. There's 3 early May and one hotel is suggesting that Spain will be over lockdown. Now I can suggest they look at what your Government is saying but I will wait until closer to the time. Thanks for that.

Well it's chores day but guess what I am doing...anything but. I must press on. I would like to craft later but time just gets away. Have fun
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:31 AM   #1002  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

We in Canada needed something else to think about, rather than the virus. But we wanted something positive, encouraging and hopeful. Not this!
The worst mass shooting in Canadian history. It happened on the weekend in one of our Maritime provinces, Nova Scotia. A shooting and arson spree by a 51 yr. old denturist. So far 19 dead, and police are thinking they might find more bodies in the burnt rubble of the houses. So terribly tragic. No motive as of yet.
Now the good news. It's partially sunny today and the temp will go up to 2°C. Normal temps for this time of year are between 10° and 15°. Oops, that's not good new either. Yesterday, it got up to 8 degrees and I spent hours in the flowerbed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:36 AM   #1003  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, here is really something good:
My new neighbours left a box of girl guide cookies at my front door. They just moved in Nov. 30. The note said, " Thank you for the warm smiles and for being a great neighbour." Now that made me feel good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 05:16 AM   #1004  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Ina, good news that you have nice neighbours but how awful, mass shootingd , always makes ask why???
So tragic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 05:20 AM   #1005  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ina, yes our news was full of Canada’s mass shooting yesterday....so sad.... plus of protestors in the States. The shooting is so tragic as so many innocent lives lost. My heart goes out to families of those lost and the whole community.

What a wonderful surprise from your neighbour.

Well I’m going to read for a little while, then zzzzzzzzz
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 07:44 AM   #1006  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Ina, how awful about the shootings. It is a crazy time right now.

So lovely that your neighbor left a sweet not and cookies too!

I've always disliked protests because it promotes a group mentality where some people participate and don't even know what they are protesting. Stay home, stay safe.

Enjoy your sleep Jayne!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #1007  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,982 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Ina, What a fun thing that your neighbor did for you, to tell you they appreciate you!
That is the good kind of news! And also that you got to spend hours in your flower bed, too. It is nice enough here that DH and I went walking at 9:30 this morning. It is 11 and it is 72! I think we have had our tiny Spring and are headed to Summer now! But I am ready for Winter  to be over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #1008  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Sharon, how lovely 72 degrees sounds. I walked by myself this morning, was only going to go halfway and turn around, but when I turned, the wind was right in my face, so I kept going and encountered a nice man walking 2 golden retrievers. When I got home I even worked in the flowerbed for 1/2 an hour, even though I was not planning to. 33 degrees here and snowing right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #1009  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 894 Likes on 567 Posts

OK so you all know I am a poo poo head and that the last time I was out and about was early January!!

So it was a windy day in the 100 acres wood! I was searching around for water filters. Why do I need water filters? Because you can actually see the rust particles in the water, WITHOUT glasses on! So I found a store with curbside pickup but it was 45 minutes north. That is 45 minutes on a highway going 100 km per hour. Yup almost cottage country. I figured that was fine since I wasn't getting out of the car.

So off I go. My little 4 door sedan was not much of a match for the wind gusts out there. You think you are going straight and next thing you know a gust moves you over half a lane! Needless to say I stayed in the slow lane and got there no problem. I called the store and a guy came out to put it in my trunk. That was easy!! Umm but I need to go pee. Umm everything is closed..umm it will be 45 minutes before I get home!!!! Can you hear the panic in my voice!!

I find a small gas station with a small store. I buy gas, self pump. I go into the store and I am doing the potty dance. I go to the back and the washroom is CLOSED!!!!! OK panic here I come! Then I hear a voice that says " its OK luv the door is unlocked"! I run.. Not walk! Crisis averted! I come out thanking them profusely! Told the lady behind the counter some days I wish I were a man! That gets me a chuckle. I thank them again and head home. I was going to order food through drive thru but.. No! Go home in case I have to pee again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #1010  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Lynn, I go so far as to not drink my morning coffee if I know I'm going out! I did use Walmart bathrooms the other day but the only thing I had to touch was the stall door. Everything else was hands free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #1011  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Such a great story of your adventure Lynn!

I feel like I'd have to wear diapers to go any distance now-a-days! When we were sitting in Veterinary parking lot for 4 hours waiting for Sadie. I finally called the Vet office to ask where I could go to use a restroom and she said, oh so sorry, come on in and use ours. I just had to ring the buzzer to be let in. LOL...I was afraid to go in because they had HUGE STOP signs on the doors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 10:01 AM   #1012  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went before I left but some times it feels like I have the bladder of a pregnant lady!

I just told grumpy and he laughed at me! Kids!! Lol

Actually as a postie he is one of the lucky ones. Even though everything is closed, there are still places available for him to go to the bathroom. On his last route it was a 25 minute walk to the coffee shop...which is now closed. What is he supposed to do? Pull up a tree? Wearing a high visibility vest with the company logo every where while everyone is at home and can see. Uugghh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #1013  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I keep forgetting that it is different depending where you are. I was at a large outdoor mall and everything was closed. Curbside pickup means you go to the store that is closed. You call them on the phone to say you are here to pick up. They told me to move my car close to the door. You open your trunk and put your ID against the window to prove who you are. They put it in your trunk but he did not close my trunk. He goes back inside and locks the door.

Usually if I go for a drive like that I will stop for a cuppa or some food before I go back but everything is closed. Most gas stations are self serve and do NOT have any bathrooms. Any parks that have bathrooms are closed. So that leaves you the side of the road. Even the comfort stations with bathrooms along the highway are closed. Truckers will need to wear diapers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #1014  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn, you should write a book.You have to most memorable adventures. I have to tell you, I have done the roadside thing more than once. The most memorable being on a 5 our trip to Ottawa, with my daughter's boyfriend in the car. Oh, did I say it was in November with snow on the ground? There were just the 2 of us in the car. I am sure he must have been embarrassed. But after wading through a ditch, I found a tree! He never mentioned it (as far as I know), but not too long after that, he broke up wit my daughter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #1015  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's a card I made for S2S20FEB, and also for S2S20MAR. February was to feature something you love and add a heart, and March was to use lots of layers. Including the butterfly, there are 5 layers.

Stash Soup by yellowrose46 - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #1016  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Ina I feel your pain!! If only trees had toilet paper on them that you can use! I remember being out camping with the boy scouts, I was a scout leader. Poor boy did not know what poison ivy was... Yup he went looking for a safe spot to pee! Ah the joys!

I do remember doing day trips with grumpy and Kerra. Yup plan the route so mom and doggie have a place to stop. Niagara-on-the-lake was wonderful. There were many shops that had water bowls for the dogs. I never brought Kerra inside in case she knocked something over. We would take turns waiting outside while the other one took a peek. Oh Kerra loved ice cream shops! I never gave her any but the kids were always dripping or spilling enough for her. Oh and everyone wanted to pet the corgi. If I can remember I will post a picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #1017  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina I would rather go behind a bush than go to a dirty toilet, we were once driving through France with my Mum and Dad, we couldn’t find toilets so we stopped at the roadside, the men no problem, me and Mum walked down a track, kept bobbling down and thought they could see us from the road so went further and further, my dad and Steve were laughing so much when we finally got back.
Another time we were driving over some mountains and I was desperate, Steve stopped and said open a front door and back door and crouch down between the doors, I did but you could see the trail running down the road!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #1018  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jan I have done that too!

We have toilet paper, paper towels and baby wipes in our trunk(boot) all the time just in case. I have talked sweet pea into keeping a tampon and a pad in the car. She thought I was strange.. Well I am! But you never know. Also grumpy can get very bad nose bleeds and those 2 things could come in very handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 11:42 AM   #1019  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
Oh Jan I have done that too!

We have toilet paper, paper towels and baby wipes in our trunk(boot) all the time just in case. I have talked sweet pea into keeping a tampon and a pad in the car. She thought I was strange.. Well I am! But you never know. Also grumpy can get very bad nose bleeds and those 2 things could come in very handy.
You certainly are well prepared Lynn! LOL Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #1020  
Stazon Splitcoast

I always have wipes in the car for when the GSs are here and sanitizer for when I go to bins so I can clean my hands afterwards, when we go to the U.K. I always put toilet tissue in the car just in case!

Steve laughed at me today as I bought a toothpaste and mouthwash, he said I already had two mouthwashes and three toothpaste in the cupboard, I got obsessed about running out of toothpaste, can’t imagine not being able to clean my teeth,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #1021  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

You are well-prepared too Jan! I can't imagine not being able to brush my teeth either! I have one extra tube of toothpaste...now you have me thinking. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:30 PM   #1022  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with Jan! I have 1/2 tube of tooth paste to last me till mid-May when my order comes in!!! Thankfully I can't video chat or else you would see my green teeth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:43 PM   #1023  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,982 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Another time we were driving over some mountains and I was desperate, Steve stopped and said open a front door and back door and crouch down between the doors, I did but you could see the trail running down the road!
Oh, my goodness! Rolling on floor laughing at the “trail running down the road!” Too funny, Jan!

All your stories are giving me good laughs! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 06:28 PM   #1024  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah! A silly one. I was speaking to my practical friend. I told her I don't have any elastic to make masks. Being practical, she ask about hair elastics. She does NOT have a cat. Anyone with a cat will know that if you leave a hair elastics any where z cat can go, you will never see it again!

I have my 'hot' socks on and I am taking it easy. My place is cold due to the wind. Did I ever show you the cracks in my wall where the wind comes through??

Anyways, Kathy would had a good night if it was warmer. A meteor shower is peaking tonight

Hugs to all and soap bubble kisses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #1025  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Faye posted this in another thread...it’s made my day and I needed a good laugh although your toilet stories remind me of days past. I have similar stories...lots of in bushes and once in a coach between France and Italy or was it Germany and Italy.....I was young lol.

Hugs and happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #1026  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, that is hilarious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #1027  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, that is hilarious!

Sorry double post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #1028  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
You are well-prepared too Jan! I can't imagine not being able to brush my teeth either! I have one extra tube of toothpaste...now you have me thinking. LOL
Me too! I put toothpaste on my shopping list for today. I was not planning to go into the store today, but last evening, the meal coordinator of our church asked me to prepare a meal for a new mom and her family. I'm going with a prepared shepherd's pie from a little family shop in town.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:50 AM   #1029  
Stazon Splitcoast

That video was priceless. Thanks for the laugh Jayne. We all need to laugh. I have been watching some Jeanne Robertson videos on you tube. Very funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #1030  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanne is so funny! I love how she refers to her husband as left brain! And the story of when she gave him a numbered list and sent him to the store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 09:25 AM   #1031  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh that felt so good! I had a salad! Yeah! It is take out ( take away) day in Toronto. If you do delivery.. From let's say McDonald's.. The delivery company can charge up to 30%!!!!

Just heard from the twin's mom and she is still fighting a fever.

Oops sorry Kathy, I don't think I read your note right. I am not in my right mind, then again when am I ever! I am still fighting with the insurance company over my disability pension. I seriously feel that banging my head against the wall would be more productive! At least I could take a picture of my bruises! Grumpy had told me I am not allowed to do that!

Oh well off to try and make a mask. I found 2 latex free elastic s that I found. Wish me luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #1032  
Stazon Splitcoast

To brighten your day

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #1033  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did done done it!!!

I used safety pins on the outside to hold regular rubber bands on the mask. Safety pins so I can change the rubber bands if they break

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #1034  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Jeanne is so funny! I love how she refers to her husband as left brain! And the story of when she gave him a numbered list and sent him to the store!

Share some Kathy. I agree with Ina, we all need to laugh right now. Unfortunately not everyone gets my humour so I have to be careful...I speak my mind too..and that gets me into trouble. I wear size 11s lol. Oh dear....I am a nice person though lol
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #1035  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ina, my DH shops up big time on toothpaste and floss. I have so much in our cupboard. He must clean and floss his teeth at least 6 times a day lol.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #1036  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn they are lovely and bright, at least you won’t get run over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 01:19 AM   #1037  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I did another scrapbook page....an easy one. I also sorted out some cards that I have to mail and some goodies to a couple of people overseas. I may brave the PO tomorrow as we had another day of zero cases. I will keep my distance still.

I wanted to do more scrapping but I had to re-sort the photos as I was getting confused on where I was. I thought if I say I am in one place and it's the wrong place I will look more of a klutz than I am LOL. Now I have to revisit all 100+ photos on the first place and work out which ones I will use. The problem is I like them all.

Time for drinkies and then dinner. Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 01:50 AM   #1038  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I finally finished putting up all the Sculpture photos and descriptions..phew there were a lot. Check them out those of you who were following them. Happy day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 06:06 AM   #1039  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
Share some Kathy. I agree with Ina, we all need to laugh right now. Unfortunately not everyone gets my humour so I have to be careful...I speak my mind too..and that gets me into trouble. I wear size 11s lol. Oh dear....I am a nice person though lol
OK,here you go....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #1040  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Great video Kathy! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes