Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #401  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? You picked me? Awesome! Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Congratulations Debbie! You'll love the package, if it's anything like mine was!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #403  
Forum Fanatic

I'm sure I will, Ina. I like pleasant surprises.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #404  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Debbie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #405  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Hey Angie!

Bummers on the virus. We all learn from our boo boos! You'll be back on track in no time.

Ummmm budget can't handle 'both' LOL Try scrapping, stamping, quilting, art journal/ mixed media, claying LOL
LOL! I go in spurts with crafts. Do one for a while and then it sits while I pick up something else. I always get back to them eventually, but sometimes my tastes or skill levels change and I wonder why I started something way back when. Getting my sewing room in order so I can quilt again I found several counted cross stich and hardanger projects I need to start or complete. A macrame project half done and some baby clothes I cut out when my now 26 year old nephew was 3. There is also a full shelf of beading supplies and one of Sculpty clay and a pasta machine for it. The stamping/scrapping supplies will take a backseat for a while as I am building my fabric stash back up. The stamping and scrapping stuff is all in a seperate room. :rolleyes: Yes, I have too much stuff. That's what happens when you are single and have a huge old house. The stuff just spreads out all on it's own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntangieView Post
LOL! I go in spurts with crafts. Do one for a while and then it sits while I pick up something else. I always get back to them eventually, but sometimes my tastes or skill levels change and I wonder why I started something way back when. Getting my sewing room in order so I can quilt again I found several counted cross stich and hardanger projects I need to start or complete. A macrame project half done and some baby clothes I cut out when my now 26 year old nephew was 3. There is also a full shelf of beading supplies and one of Sculpty clay and a pasta machine for it. The stamping/scrapping supplies will take a backseat for a while as I am building my fabric stash back up. The stamping and scrapping stuff is all in a seperate room. :rolleyes: Yes, I have too much stuff. That's what happens when you are single and have a huge old house. The stuff just spreads out all on it's own.
A big old house is the only thing I miss on this 25 acres of solitude. The house just isn't big enough - and to think we actually looked at smaller ones! That would have turned into a nightmare.

My quilting/ fabric/ needlework stuff is in what was supposed to be the spare bedroom (ceased to be when hubby gave DD the spare bed when she moved out). My clay bag sits in there as well. My stamping/ paper arts stuff shares the writing office. Meaning I'll only be able to take 40% of the room off my taxes when the writing starts selling - unless it's paper related. Then I can take the whole thing. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #407  
Forum Fanatic

I wish I had a much bigger house. One bedroom is used as my DH's "man cave". Actually the whole basement is his man cave. The other spare room is my office/stamping room. We have no room for guests so we borrow my BIL's motorhome for an extra bedroom. I do have floor space for an air bed in my office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #408  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm like Angie. I don't have a big old house....mine is just three bedrooms and only 1350 square feet, but it's plenty big enough for just me. I have my paper crafting stuff spread out through my dining room, kitchen, and recreation room (which is supposed to be my craft room) and spare bedroom. I also have old projects lying around that I have not finished. I still have a drawer and bag full of fabric for sewing projects and to make scrub tops for work....but I will be retiring in May, and already have at least 20 scrub tops!
My DD has informed me she will be staying with me right around the time her baby is due in the beginning of May, so the spare bedroom needs to be emptied out. And I will need to clear the dining room table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #409  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm like Angie. I don't have a big old house....mine is just three bedrooms and only 1350 square feet, but it's plenty big enough for just me. I have my paper crafting stuff spread out through my dining room, kitchen, and recreation room (which is supposed to be my craft room) and spare bedroom. I also have old projects lying around that I have not finished. I still have a drawer and bag full of fabric for sewing projects and to make scrub tops for work....but I will be retiring in May, and already have at least 20 scrub tops!
My DD has informed me she will be staying with me right around the time her baby is due in the beginning of May, so the spare bedroom needs to be emptied out. And I will need to clear the dining room table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #410  
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually got more house than I really needed, but everything else in my price range was about half the size. It isn't in the best part of town, but it had everything I wanted except for a big front porch. Decided I coud live with out that. My house has character and a yard big enough for a garden. When the inspector came before I bought it he assumed I had a bunch of kids. He couldn't beleieve I wanted to live in this big old house by myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #411  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ina how nice that your daughter wants to be with her mom when her baby is born. OK, so that is an assumption on my part, not having kids of my own.

my house is 1600 square feet, 4 bedrooms. I have a spare bedroom (the smallest of the bedrooms) and one I use as an office/pantry. It is directly off the kitchen and I have zero cupboard space in the kitchen so I use the closet in the office for kitchen storage. Those rooms are down stairs. My bedroom and craft room are upstairs. There is an odd little room off the side of the craft room I use for my sewing room. Off the back of the craft room is an old fashioned sleeping porch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #412  
Forum Fanatic

Angie, your house sounds so neat. I would have loved buying an older home when we moved back here, but the ones for sale were in a scuzzy part of town and they were asking way too much. We wanted something with a usable garage and plenty of yard for the dogs. This house was priced right and has the garage and a nice big fenced-in backyard. The dogs love running laps in the yard. At the time we bought the house, I wasn't into stamping os it was just fine then. Once my SIL got me hooked I ran out of space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #413  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

I loved reading about all your homes. OUrs is just a ranch with finished basedment. It's jsut DH and I. We have 4 brs and 3 baths, for just the two of us. When we had two kids at home we had 3 BR and 1 1/2 baths. That is so funny, more house for less people.
Our basement is a large family room, with large double arched doorway to my craftrooml So, he watches sports while I craft and we are together. Pretty nice! We are spoiled.
Well, I updated my totals. I was so busy in March, VSBN and workshops. This month I am making 125 favors, bookmarks maybe, for an upcoming church event. But other than that maybe I can begin doing the challenges.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #414  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm afraid to update my totals, but I suppose it must be done (maybe tomorrow). I have just been to Texas and there are lots of Hobby Lobby stores near my son's house. I only went to one (twice) but I managed to spend. So my totals, which were very vibrant red, will become even redder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #415  
Kookie Creator

Hello my ladies! yes, i know major MIA!!!!!

feel like i am almost ready to start the new year...what month is it???!!

so, let me see..... we went to visit freinds in tasmania in january which was great. while there i got my hair (below my bottom) cut off ( now a sort of layered bob just under my ears). wow, i realyl LOVE it!!!! took alot of people by surprise! has given me a bit of a chance to redefine myself!!..much more mature looking - sort of like i have grown up for change!!!

mmm, february, not too sure about that month. think we got some school work done! started to think about our trips.

...mid march, my FIL went into hospital. went up for five days to see him with ken (DS). brett (DH) also went up just before us. came back to have my parents here for three days - just survived!! (my dad has dementia). just after they left brett went back to brisbane. .., we are now in the last few days with bretts dad. ( he has had not food or drink for about 4 days now) he has a very rare brain disease (Prion disease or sCJD for you nursy types!). extremly quick decline. he is 79, so he has had a good innings. MIL and FIL have been married over 50 years. some family members taking it harder than other of course, and of course, we are only at the start of the process. brett is up there now and will stay til after the funeral. ken and i will go up near the funeral and stay to help after. ...kinda weird to be waiting but knowing!.....

...when bill was diagnosed we were told he had up to six months - so we put all our ideas about travel on hold. still will delay i think. with brett being away from work so much he will have to have some time back before going away!

generally otherwise ok. we tried to change kens medication (with dr's suggestion) one last time and he got sick - so i wont try that again! he will have to add another medication next year as puberty comes. i think we are making some head way in kens learnign generally. his reading is starting to come. he can now read some readers. getting a bit quicker with his vowels. his math is coming on too. but tehre si so much we WANT to do that we alwasy seem to have such a long list it seems like we will never do it all! we have done some canada lapbooks and he has ideas about other stuff he wants to learn for that, so that is good. mostly, he is coping very matter-of-factly with "Ra" 's impending passing. ("Ra" stands for "revered ancestor" the name my FIL chose for himself when he had his first granchild!) hey, the guy has a sense of humour!

some of you may rememebr i said i had decided to join up with Norwex, selling microfibre cloths and personal care stuff (by party plan). i missed alot of the early incentives but am still really enjoying it! ..and i think my house is a weeee bit cleaner! but it always amazes me how clean OTHER people keep their houses and they want me to go and demonstrate at their house ! LOL!! - i have a hard time finding the dirt, but they all talk as if my house is immaculate, - it makes me laugh!

craft...mmm! havent done much, but have made a few cards for things that i have had to do... maybe a total of 5 cards in 4 months! but nice to know that when i need to i can just walk in and do it - all waiting for me! sure i will get a chance SOME time!!! at least my spending has decreased!! ;)

not much else i can think of from this end. we are still looking to go to canada (and visit you Ina!) just wont make it for canada day as planned!

and i do enjoy the email updates i get even if i dont get here to drop in and say hello.

much love to you all. hopefully next time wont be so long!
love stephanie xoxoxo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #416  
Kookie Creator

oh...thought i woulsd add to this =discussion...

our house...

about 7 metres wide by 11 metres long. one room which is lounge/dining/kitchen. then three pretty small bedrooms, only one with hanging space. also a bath/toilet, and a small laundry (going to back door). small, but less to get dirty!. we have a ok size (for canberra) backyard. we are about 8 kms from parliament house (avatar). on a bus route, about 100m to the local small IGA which is lovely. i have stuff in the third bedroom - spare fold out futon couch/bed, sideboard and china cabinet, small bookshelf for stamps, small computer desk for stamping on, vacuum stored here too. and now all my Norwex stuff (demo stuff and ordering info etc.)too! you dont breathe much when you are in there ! heehee!

i love it! my husband -if he came home RIGHT now, he probably wouldnt - as have to clean the kitchen something major! better go before the motivation wears off!

love ya, s : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #417  
Forum Fanatic

Stephanie, you have had a hectic year already. Sorry about your FIL. The knowing and waiting are very hard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #418  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stephanie, you sound so upbeat with all that is going on right now in your life. Glad you stopped in and shared it all. An encouragement to all of us. Hope we can be an encouragement to you! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, Strphanie, so good to hear from you! I've never heard of Prion disease so I'm going to look it up. So sorry that you are having to deal with these trials, but you certainly sound very positive and I'm glad your son is dealing well with it. It sounds like such a busy time for you, as well as dealing with your father's dementia....I've been there, so I know how difficult that is! I also will be praying for you.
Norwex has really been catching on here too. I just bought a baby bath wrap/towel for my soon to be born grandson. I hope my DD likes it!
So good that you connected. Keep in touch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #420  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Steph!
So good to hear from you. I've been wondering about you. Sorry to hear about Brett's dad. Everyone deals with death differently. I hope it won't be too hard on Ken. He is such a sweet boy. As to his schooling, he seems to have grown so much in just a year. Very proud of him.

Drop in when you can and know we're thinking of you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #421  
Stazon Splitcoast

We are on the final days with our granddaughter. I take her back to TN on Wed. I still hope to post the Monday challenge Sunday night or Monday. Bob leaves Tuesday for work and I won't have ANY alone time Tues or Wed.

Soon, I can get back to work. Thanks for hanging with me :-)

Oh yeah, I go through this again the last 2 weeks in May - WITHOUT Bob's help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #422  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I did the challenge! Yea! I used your idea and combined it with my monthly Christmas cards! Here is my card. Hope I get bonus points. They are white skates and I colored in the silver on the blades.
Thanks for the inspiration for this months Christmas cards!
Now I am ready for your next challenge!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #423  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow S2S12O- Challenge

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a blessed holiday weekend.

I'm posting this week's challenge in a hurry as I'm already late for out the door. I love my granddaughter to pieces but I'll be so happy to be back to my routine next week ;-)

This week celebrates 2 things that kind of work together. It is National Garden Week and National Astronomy Week.

Because people have planted by the moon and stars for ages, this week's challenge is all about STARS!

You can interpret this however you wish.
Make it:
Patriotic
Baby Card with Moon and Stars
Reach for the STARS graduation card
You're a STAR birthday card...

The possibilities are as innumerable as the STARS!

Just show me your STARS!

KEYWORD: S2S12O (Letter/ not the number)

Reach for the Stars
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Kelly for all the work you do to research and create these new challenges for us! I hope your week is not too crazy. Sounds like it is starting busy.
I had a pretty decent Easter weekend at work......steady, but not crazy. I did manage to see both my daughters.......the youngest one for only 15 minutes, and yesterday I had lunch with my oldest DD.....sushi (not a traditionally Easter meal!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #425  
Forum Fanatic

This doesn't qualify for the challenge, but just wanted to prove to you that I am making cards. This is one I had to put together quickly this morning. It's for one of our volunteers who turns 83 tomorrow (not today like I stated in the description). Since she works until noon and I don't go to work until noon, I needed to get it done today so she can have it in the morning. My total is starting to get bigger in the black. That could change next month when I go visit my DD and DGDs next month. I can go to Michael's and Hobby Lobby everyday for a week if I want.

Beary Wishes Lola by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #426  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope to be making some cards in the next few days (as soon as I get off the computer!) I need to finish my shoebox for Buffalo Spring Fest on April 28. I'm glad I didn't sign up for any swaps. I'm having enough trouble just designing my shoebox! I'll also be working on some Christmas cards. I'm afraid to update my totals, as the amount is going up, instead of down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #427  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls!
Grandtoddler is back in Nashville and I'm getting caught up. I'll be posting this week's challenge in just a minute. I'll also get you guys' challenges updated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #428  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Thanks Kelly for all the work you do to research and create these new challenges for us! I hope your week is not too crazy. Sounds like it is starting busy.
I had a pretty decent Easter weekend at work......steady, but not crazy. I did manage to see both my daughters.......the youngest one for only 15 minutes, and yesterday I had lunch with my oldest DD.....sushi (not a traditionally Easter meal!)
Thanks for the compliment, Ina. I do have to confess I've not researched these themes. LOL They are a throwback from my Girl Scout Days. We had a monthly newsletter that went out to all the troops as another resource for us to incorporate some of the themes into badge work or added fun things for the girls to do.

Glad you got to see your daughters. We enjoyed Easter with Adrian. Adrian carried the basket and grandpa picked up the eggs LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #429  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammatrollView Post
This doesn't qualify for the challenge, but just wanted to prove to you that I am making cards. This is one I had to put together quickly this morning. It's for one of our volunteers who turns 83 tomorrow (not today like I stated in the description). Since she works until noon and I don't go to work until noon, I needed to get it done today so she can have it in the morning. My total is starting to get bigger in the black. That could change next month when I go visit my DD and DGDs next month. I can go to Michael's and Hobby Lobby everyday for a week if I want.
Great card, Debbie. Yeah, having those stores handy will be tempting. Just remember to purchase only what you know for sure you will use or fall into your tastes.

The new Jolees vintage embellies are going to be a weakness for me but my nearest Michaels is 2 hrs one direction and 3 hours the other. So unless they're on sale when I go, there won't be trips just because they are. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #430  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12P -Challenge

Earth Day is just around the corner. And all this week we celebrate the beautiful Ocean!

So this week show a card OR scrapbook page showcasing the Ocean/ Beach.
Keep it clean! :-)

KEYWORD: S2S12P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #431  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is this week's Scrapbook Inspiration Challenge.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #432  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Earth Day is just around the corner. And all this week we celebrate the beautiful Ocean!

So this week show a card OR scrapbook page showcasing the Ocean/ Beach.
Keep it clean! :-)

KEYWORD: S2S12P
A scrapbook page? Whohoo!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #433  
Forum Fanatic

Here's a quick thank you card I put together for the ocean/beach challenge.

Thank You Bev by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #434  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a blessed holiday weekend.

I'm posting this week's challenge in a hurry as I'm already late for out the door. I love my granddaughter to pieces but I'll be so happy to be back to my routine next week ;-)

This week celebrates 2 things that kind of work together. It is National Garden Week and National Astronomy Week.

Because people have planted by the moon and stars for ages, this week's challenge is all about STARS!

You can interpret this however you wish.
Make it:
Patriotic
Baby Card with Moon and Stars
Reach for the STARS graduation card
You're a STAR birthday card...

The possibilities are as innumerable as the STARS!

Just show me your STARS!

KEYWORD: S2S12O (Letter/ not the number)

Reach for the Stars
I'm home with a sick little one, so I decided to make a card while she was napping

Look Out For The Stars
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #435  
Forum Fanatic

I got the most amazing envelope in the mail today. Lots of goodies; paper, buttons, felt flowers, clear sticker, ribbon. Where do I start? I have the next 3 days off so I can play. Maybe I'll let the housework slide. Thank you so much for the goodies and the beautiful card, Michele.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #436  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my scrapbook page for the ocean challenge. ( I could do my whole trip album for this challenge!)
Now, I have to go back and pick up the star challenge.
thank you Kelly!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #437  
Forum Fanatic

I needed a quick get well card and came up with this. I love my Cameo, especially when I don't have a get well stamp. The felt flowers were part of the awesome prize package I received from Michele.

Get Well Annie by grammatroll - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #438  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls!

I'll get back and look at your cards in the morning. Arthritis flaring up in my typing fingers this morning. Stupid cold front!

But did want to get this week's challenge posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #439  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default S2S12Q Challenge -

Did you know tomorrow is National Puppetry Day? Yep

So this week's challenge is easy, peasy...

Make something on your card 'moveable'. It can be as simple as a tag that is manually pulled from a pocket card or more intricate as a buzzing bee across the flower garden.

Can't wait to see what you do!

KEYWORD: S2S12Q
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #440  
Glitter Guru

hello everyone! It seems like it has ben forever since I have chatted with you all. this month has been crazy busy. The girls' dance team had a couple of competitions this month and did very well for this being the first year of the team. Their first competition two weekends ago they received two 1st place trophies and a showstopper award. This was a smaller competition. this past Sunday they received 2nd place and it was a larger competition. Pretty good for a new team!

I have a scrappy weekend retreat planned with some friends and I WILL get some stuff done!

I'm trying to catch up on the thread and loving all the cards!
Reply With Quote Likes