Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #1401  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,896 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Kandie, thank you so much for those close ups! They will help tremendously when I get started. How did you attach the notepads?

When I make applesauce, I used to use the foley. Now I just cook them down mushy and run them through my food processor, which is at least 40 years old! I use macintosh apples. I don't have a recipe.i just add sugar and cinnamon to taste. They get creamier than baby food! Now I need to get some apples because you made me hungry for this.

​​​​
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-25-2022), mcschmidty (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:37 PM   #1402  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,966 Likes on 542 Posts

Annette, great idea! I actually had found a similar design on YouTube but it had a LOT MORE STEPS! I like yours better! What would I do for one for a man, what kind of handle?

Anne, are you feeling better?

Jean, LOVE your photos!!! Ick on the lily pad root, not near as romantic as what floats on the water, lol. And I adore the steamboat, how cool.

I made the mistake of thinking this was mono, so of course HL wasn’t open. But Joanns was, unfortunately. I got two items on my small list, and a whole bunch of stuff that wasn’t! Drat, my resolve flew out the window again.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 12:43 PM   #1403  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 2,859 Likes on 803 Posts

Hello everyone! It is warming back up here at my house while all of you are cooling off. We did enjoy several days of rain and fall like weather but we are back to summer weather now. Yesterday morning I was getting ready, showered, putting on make up and about to blow dry my hair when the power went off. It was off for 45 minutes or so. Good thing I was planning on putting my hair up! I wish the power company had to tell us what the problem was, we have no idea what happened. DH was in the shower when it went off.

DD1 is having a great time in TN. And DD2 is missing her.

DH and I went to bed late and I got up early to make up for it - but went back to bed. I got up early to close windows before it warms up and also say good morning to DD2 as she was getting ready to work. I got to see lots of deer, there were four in the front yard and probably 12 in the back. I did manage to go back to sleep. Poor DH is dealing with a multi day headache.

The fire is still only at 60% containment.

Kandie, I love the photos of Zoe. She is so adorable. I'm sorry that someone complained about her and didn't talk with you directly. That is the pits. How was the Wagging in the Woods event?

Your post-it note holders are beautiful!

All this talk of home made applesauce, yum!

Teri, your fur baby is beautiful too! What is his name? You have been getting a lot done on your house. I need to paint our front porch but DH informed me that it has to be sanded first.

Jan, your grandson being a creature of habit made me smile. DD2 is like that, DD1 is more a free spirit. That made for some interesting times with them being so different!

Kandie, I love that Zoe went to her bed and waited for you there, so sweet!

Melody, what a great idea to freeze the filling in pie shape! Or just make the pie and freeze.

Carlene, so glad your DD1 is loving her new job! That is wonderful.

Jean, loved the photos from your trip. That is one talented bird!

Annette, I second the gift card holder idea especially as the fair is in October and people are thinking ahead to Christmas.

Well, I'd better get off here and get to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-25-2022), mcschmidty (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 01:37 PM   #1404  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 1,984 Likes on 559 Posts

That's a lot of deer, Catherine.

Kandie, your post it holders are gorgeous. Yes, gift card holders are a great idea. You mentioned folios for mini legal pads... are you using cardstock or chipboard for the covers. I've made them with chipboard, and they are so much more durable.

We are getting some pouring rain at the moment.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), Kemernow (09-25-2022), mcschmidty (09-25-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #1405  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 154 Likes on 45 Posts

I would just leave off the handle for masculine ones. I have also used half of an open work flower on the top to look like a bow on a present instead. Let me see if I can find a photo of that one.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by AnnetteMac:
Old 09-25-2022, 08:37 PM   #1406  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I just used three strips of sticky tape across the back. Some videos suggested gluing the note pack to something sturdier and then glue that to the acrylic. I’m kind of thinking when someone gets to the last page, they can glue a new pad on. I’ll have to try it and see.

Being as I’m not going to charge much, I’m making the folios with sturdy card stock. I’ll post a photo tomorrow.

Thank you for all the feedback!

This is not supposed to happen when someone spends 30 bucks on a comfy dog bed…

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-d65035c6-6cfd-442b-9793-7c926a369dd5.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Kemernow:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-25-2022), muscrat (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:59 PM   #1407  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 664 Posts
Default Hi

Awww Kandie- what a sweetie!!! I love the pictures you share!

Catherine- hope DD1's trip is fabulous! Prayers for the fire to be contained soon!

Melodie- what a wonderful idea to freeze the pie filling in the pie shell shape!

Teri- your pup is just beautiful!

Annette- love your gift card holder! Hope you are not going to have snow anytime soon! LOL

We are having cooler weather, and , I am so glad the long pants and jeans are fitting me...hehehe

I was a touch under the weather with allergies this weekend- needed a nap yesterday- which I never do! I felt alot better today! I did go for a hike yesterday, which was beautiful, so that is most likely what set off the allergies. I will have to go back to this area and take hubby with me!

SIL moves to her new facility tomorrow and today had issues with her feeding tune aka J-tube... today. She may need some follow up tomorrow. We'll see. I have a car full of stuff and we do not know what time her hospital bed is going to be delivered.
I am teaching Religious Ed tomorrow evening again- same class as last week- the family has Covid. I have taught this stuff before- I will have the kids make cards for a previous pastor- he has surgery last Wednesday for a brain tumor......

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 07:23 AM   #1408  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning.

Shelly, I hope you are all rested up. It is 54 here and great sleeping and crafting weather.

Zoe is being returned to her foster home. She lunged at a guest coming out of the elevator yesterday. I can’t risk more complaints to the office, and she can’t get in for aggression training until some time in October. I am sick that I can’t keep her, but if it’s a choice between her and my home, I have to ask them to take her back for more socialization training and a home more suited to her. I think I may have been so lonely over losing Dusty that I jumped in too soon. I will wait a while now before thinking about getting another dog.

Here are some of the notebooks I made yesterday. They are simple, so I won’t be asking more than 3 or 4 dollars.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-b781a694-9582-4d22-9c55-89a31615d75d.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-96f1b03c-0369-44fa-b41d-ec713609efe4.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Kemernow:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 07:35 AM   #1409  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 2,773 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Kandie, so sorry to hear this about Zoe. You must do what is best for you and your home though. Hope they find a good home for her.

Yes it is cooler today, only 50 degrees right now. Just read how heating costs are going up for this winter. Don't know what families are going to do with such high costs. Even for us it will be trying to keep the temperature lower.

Catherine, happy to hear your daughter is having a good time! How will you other daughter cope when her sister goes off to college? It will be an adjustment for sure!

Off to start laundry and other chores! Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-26-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #1410  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, your folios are gorgeous, and I am so sorry that you have to make such a difficult decision with Zoe. But, I'm sure you don't want to go through another hunt for housing and moving. I hope they can find a good home that matches her personality. And I will be praying for you in yet another transition. You will find the right puppy when the time it right. Big hugs.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-26-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #1411  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,747 Likes on 781 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Sharon, did you put the pie filling bags in a pie pan to freeze in that shape?

My sister always made pies, baked them and then froze the pie in the pan, so you just had to heat it up in the oven to serve. She'd pick up pans from the thrift store. They gave a lot of the pies away. Her DH has made some by himself already this year. I may do some that way, too.

No, Melody, I never thought of doing that, but, also I was freezing many bags at a time. Would have had that many pie plates. I lay them flat, so they weren’t bigger than the pie crust. I just spent 30 minutes looking for the recipe, but guess when we downsized it got tossed. Don’t know why, I still have a ton of recipes! Oh, well. Have a great day. Had my walk, now have to do wash. BTW, finally a little cooler, maybe only 80s today!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
Old 09-26-2022, 09:23 AM   #1412  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I am envious of your lower temperatures, our forecast high for today is 89 at home and in the 90s down the hill where I work. I am so sore today because yesterday I was helping DH split wood and move wood. I was actually tossing the split pieces down the hill to where he wants them stacked and also getting the rounds rolled or carried over to him. We got a lot done yesterday and have a lot more to do. So thankful for the log splitter!

Oh Kandie, I am so sorry about Zoe. I wish I could give you a hug! You need me to go shopping with you, I'd help you keep your resolve....but you may not like me very much then!

Shelly, allergies, oh my goodness, mine were really bothering me this weekend too! Hope you are feeling better now.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is Wesley in the bag...she really wanted in there and just posed for her photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-15e38b56-6af7-4038-8d26-b1b65b297a86_1_201_a.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-26-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-26-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022), smadson (09-28-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 11:39 AM   #1413  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I'm sorry to hear about, Zoe, but I think you are wise to wait a bit. The right pet will come along at the perfect time.

I bought 6 frames this morning, but had to get them in horizontal instead of portrait. That's perfectly fine since there's plenty of room this way too.

My tests came back positive for ecoli again so I'm on antibiotics again. This is round 3 since June 28. Can't figure out how I picked it up since DH and DS2 are fine. My sister next door had the same thing and it started around the same time as mine. We were wondering if we may have eaten something around that time that no one else ate. But I'm not even sure how you get it so haven't nailed it down yet.

I'm making chicken corn soup for supper today. It's the corn we did in August. Should be yummy.

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 09-26-2022, 07:03 PM   #1414  
Proud Fan Club Member

Nine little booklets with plain white pages bought cheap, 5x3.5inches, covered with Tim Holtz wallpaper papers, Washi tape, and die cuts, stickers and felt birds. For the craft fair.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-11d2f8df-14dc-4716-aa26-6697e8867a1f.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022), muscrat (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 07:25 PM   #1415  
Matboard Maniac

Received 439 Likes on 182 Posts

Kandie- My heart breaks for sweet Zoe. I would interpret lunging at people behavior as an attempt to protect her owner. Who knows, maybe she smelt the guilt on your unknown "tattle-tale" and was trying to protect you from that person's resentment? From your photos and stories it seemed that Zoe was starting to feel safe and comfortable. I hope the adoption agency is successful in finding her a new, forever home.

Catherine, Wesley is so cute in that bag. Cats are such fun companions.

Ann--do your huskies talk? My DH watches lots of YouTube videos and always gets a kick out of the huskies who are "talking" and telling their owners "I Wuv You".

Jean--I lived with an African Gray parrot many years ago. He had quite the personality and sound repertoire. Luckily for us he mimicked the microwave beep and porch door spring instead of the smoke alarm. Between the bird, cats and dogs, there were apparently a number of naughty creatures in our house because he also called out a long "Nooooooo" when he observed the other pets. Or maybe he was warning them to stay away from him? He had a sneaky trick of calling one of the cats by name in a voice that was an exact replica of how I would coo, when the cat moved near the bird's cage in response, the bird would nip the cat's tail. He loved to eat raw corn on the cob, made a huge mess spewing the kernals all around with corn juice dripping down the front of him. They are amazing birds.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by TeriJ:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 07:29 PM   #1416  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Beautiful booklets, Kandie. But then you always make lovely things.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2022, 07:31 PM   #1417  
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree with Melody! They are gorgeous and I would go broke if I lived close!

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2022, 10:59 PM   #1418  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 664 Posts
Default Hi

Hi ladies! From the cool Midwest!

Kandie- how heartbreaking for you! I understand! Katie's Pup was adopted a 3 months and had had 2 other adoption attempts already. He has alot of energy and needs to get his energy out! When she gets too busy, he rips up her furniture....lol
I love your gorgeous notebooks and booklets! I know you will do well at the sale! Beautiful work!
Ann- hope your pup is OK and gets the least worst report!
Melodie- great suggestions!
Sharon- wonderful for the lower temps for you to get your walks in! Even though your temps are still a touch warm!
Catherine-is the log splitter a machine, or is it you and DH??? Wesley is so adorable in that bag!
Kathy- so sorry for the positive test- hope you feel OK and are over the hump of treatment!
Your soup sounds delicious!

I moved SIL from the Rehab to her Assisted Living facility today. She had awful pain Sunday night and ended up going to the ER for her tube to be advanced and put back in place....... during the night before moving...... So she was wiped out today!
She has a pile of cards delivered recently from Teapot Tuesday- we will open them together according to her- later this week..... Thanks so much for all of the Alpha ladies that sent her cards!!! So very appreciated!

I taught Religious Ed tonight as a sub, and had the kids make cards for out last pastor that just had surgery for a brain tumor. It was fun to see the creativity of the kids! And, the boys did not embrace the challenge much at all! LOL I took alot of the stickers from the Dollar Tree that I have not used yet and the kids went to town using them!

Tomorrow- hope to get to my craft room! Yeah! Finally!

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 06:47 AM   #1419  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 2,253 Likes on 845 Posts

Busy, busy, busy we all are! Lots to read, lots to forget to comment on.
Oh Kandie, I'm terribly sorry about Zoe. I have to admit, I was a little worried for you when you quickly found Zoe but I certainly understood, given that your husband had just died and Dusty was your sweet companion. I agree about the protecting you thing. My daughter's family has tried to adopt a dog twice, both times they had to be returned. I was pretty upset about it, as I think one has to give an animal a chance. The first one was a puppy and my grand girls were afraid of it (I don't' know where that DNA came from, we have always been dog people). The second was a rescue and she developed some pretty severe behavior problems. It was heartbreaking both times. They've finally realized they are not dog people, they are cat people. As everyone has said, when the time is right, you'll know. Maybe a kittie? Wesley sure was cute in that bag. Liz had a cat who would love to crawl into bags. I don't think I'll be getting a pet, even though I can now have one per the new landlord. I'm going to be traveling too much.
I am supposed to go to my daughter's this weekend but my son in law's Grandma died yesterday, funeral is Saturday in Fargo, ND. Granddaughter Mirren's kid birthday party is Saturday but if Liz can change it, I think they'll all go to Fargo. It's already been changed once though and everyone invited could come. Sigh, best laid plans. Her death was expected though. Grandma Stine was a special lady....97, had a law degree, practiced law, a fine violinist and pianist. 100% Irish. She was so charming, I'm so glad I got to meet her. I'm kind of sad I might not go this weekend, granddaughter Clare is running cross country and there is a meet on Friday after school. I'm so relieved, she loves band and the clarinet. She isn't practicing but she loves it.
I did a fun thing on Sunday. I went to one of the Open Doors Milwaukee events. These events happen every September, last weekend, places in Milwaukee are open to tour for free. Last year I went to the symphony's new venue and this year I went to a block of Frank Lloyd Wright homes on the south side of Milwaukee. They were homes built in 1916, unlike most of his work for wealthy clients, these were very affordable homes, simple designs that could be changed slightly, end cost would be around $3000, unless you wanted Wright designed furniture too, then that would be an add on. A foundation has been maintaining the homes, they own most of the homes on the block. They are very close together, no yard, no garages but in 1916, that probably wasn't an issue. When the homes were built, there was a celery field across the street...now the street is very very busy, noisy, people driving with windows open and music blasting. It isn't the best area, which is sad. I went alone as I used to drive to that area for a flute lesson in high school. I ended up joining the foundation and got a tour of a second home. so interesting. Wright hoped that these homes would be built all over the world but WWI happened and supply chain issues began (sound familiar?). Only about 20 exist now.
Shelly: I'm wishing your SIL well in her new abode.
Catherine: I wish that fire would get contained. Yes, it has been very cool here, rather rainy. Not a cloud in the sky today but even cooler than yesterday.
Kathy, ecoli????? Oh man. I love corn chowder but will that agree with your digestion? I dont' digest corn well.
Ann, sounds like you are improving. Yes, do your huskies talk? My brother has had two malamutes and I remember the male liked to talk.
Carlene: you are such a good mom and grandma. well done!
Sharon: wish it was a little cooler for you but maybe this is typical September in Kansas. It could still get warm here but I'm not so sure about this year.
Annette: cute gift card holder, you are so good at construction.
Melody: you sound like you are very organized and planned out when it comes to food. I would have never thought of freezing in a pie pan. Of course it's been a while since I have had a big freezer. Made pumpkin ice cream yet? I bought some at Aldi, pretty good. Need a pumpkin malt from Pop's soon.
I'm taking a friend out for lunch for her birthday today so I'd better get going. Hi to everyone else: Shirl, Gracie, Teri, who have I missed?????
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 08:58 AM   #1420  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, DH and I have always wanted to see Frank Lloyd Wrights waterfall home in western PA but have never gone. Mostly because we hate traveling. I've viewed it online though.

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #1421  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are back in AC weather. Good news on the fire front, they have it at 85% containment and all evacuations and evacuation warnings have been lifted. I guess the areas where it is still active aren't inhabited? The fire fighters have done a heroic job saving homes. 78 structures have been destroyed but I don't know how many of those are homes.

Thursday our roofer is coming to fix the hole in our roof. Hurray! Tomorrow DD1 comes home, another hurray! And I'm almost done with my S card.

Kathy, I'm so sorry your test came back positive again. Praying this round of antibiotics kicks that thing out! And that you are feeling OK in spite of it. I'm still sore from wood moving a couple days ago and think of you and the physical pain you deal with regularly.

As always, your booklets are gorgeous, Kandie! Do you know when in October the fair is yet?

Teri, Wesley is DD2's kitty. I love to watch DD2 play with her. We used to have a sweet dog as well, Honey, who was DD1's dog but we had to put her down in January of this year. Wesley would want to play with Honey (Wesley was a kitten and Honey was older). Honey would just turn her back on Wesley and look at us with a pained expression like she was saying, "Is it gone yet?!"

Yes, Shelly, how is the love seat doing that you took to your daughter's? Has the pup torn it up?

Fortunately, my brother owns a log splitter - amazing invention - so we borrowed it but it still requires a fair amount of physical labor. When we were using it I thought about if the early settlers could see this machine and what they would think!

I'm so glad your SIL is settled in her new location.

Jean, I'm definitely a dog person but DD2 wanted a cat. I had told both girls they could have a cat when they had their own place - something that DH somehow didn't realize! He is the reason there is a cat living in our house now! In some ways, cats are easier, in others, more difficult. Wesley is cute and she is sweet and she knows she isn't allowed in the kitchen or on the table. Does that stop her? No! But it does slow her down because she knows she'll be in trouble. When no one is here to watch her, she is closed in DD2's room which is where all her stuff is. I guess if I was a cat person, I wouldn't care if she was up on my kitchen counters but that's not me!

That Open Doors Milwaukee event sounds like such fun! I love to tour places.

Well, I must run and finish getting ready for work.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 09-27-2022, 09:49 AM   #1422  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, I'm sure you must be talking about someone else. I may be fairly organized in some things, but others have not a single thought for organization. I am not a planner when it comes to meals at all. Pretty much spur of the moment -- i.e., what can I have for lunch? Check fridge & freezer for some quick leftover or something! LOL

The pie in the pan freezing is what my sister and her DH have always done with their apple pies. They have several apple trees, so they would always make apple pies & freeze them in the pan, so they could give them away. Rummage sales and thrift stores are excellent sources for pie pans. Remember Pop 'n' Fresh pies? (or Baker's square). So many people didn't bother to take the pie pans back, but donated them to the thrift stores. They are better than the cheap aluminum pans, but people don't feel obligated to return them. Some will anyway.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #1423  
Proud Fan Club Member

I need some mojo. I have oodles of October birthdays so I need to get a move on!

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2022, 06:07 PM   #1424  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Having a bad day with allergies! Broke out from shellfish!

Better now!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 06:11 PM   #1425  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!
Tomorrow's letter is "S" and the theme is sequins!

Keywords: ABC17S19, ABC17, and your personal keyword

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Old 09-28-2022, 07:36 AM   #1426  
Proud Fan Club Member

Working on October birthday cards. Is Gracie in AZ or WI now? I'm thinking she's back down to Arizona but need to be sure.

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-29-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 08:51 AM   #1427  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Yay! DD1 is on her flight home, we get her back today! In just a few hours....did i say yay!!!? I'm not sure how DD2 is going to survive when DD1 goes to TN for college...

We had such a fun thing yesterday evening. A buck came up on the front porch to say hello and Wesley was inside the window interacting with him. It almost seemed like she was pointing to the front door to tell him that was the way inside. DD2 has video of it to show DD1. Yesterday morning a couple of bucks stopped by for a drink from the fountain out front too.

Melody, I don't remember Pop 'n Fresh (maybe they weren't out here?) but do remember Baker's Square.

Kathy, yes, Gracie is back in AZ.

Ann, I'm having my fall allergies now....such fun. I don't know what I'm allergic to but it happens in the fall and the spring. I didn't used to have any allergies. I hope you are feeling better now.

I uploaded my S card, such a fun card to make but definitely now a mass produce one. I wish you could see the sparkle and shine on it as that didn't show up in the photo very well.

I think I'll go comment on some cards. Carlene, thanks for the love you left in my gallery!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-buck-wesley.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-29-2022), JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-28-2022), smadson (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:02 AM   #1428  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Catherine. I put cards in the mail today for the early October birthdays.

Love the picture of Wesley and the deer. I have a picture hanging in my hallway that reminded me of your picture. This was a kitty named wicket that we had many years ago. The picture isn't real good because I took it of the picture in the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_20220928_115453781%7E2.jpg  

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:04 AM   #1429  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was told the game commission put the deer down because she was too domesticated. I hope they were wrong about that. Wicket was mainly an outside cat, but we would bring him in to snuggle from time to time.

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), Kemernow (09-28-2022), mcschmidty (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:05 AM   #1430  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ohhh, that is such a sweet picture, Kathy! And Wicket looks like a tuxedo kitty like Wesley. DD2 kept saying, "Can we let him in?!" She didn't really want to though, she knows better. It was so much fun watching them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 09:06 AM   #1431  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope they didn't too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 09:49 AM   #1432  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, Pop n Fresh was the company name before it changed to Baker's Square. It was never as good after the name change. Probably different management.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #1433  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon!

Annette, maybe I can find or design a masculine card holder to look like a briefcase!

Melody, thank you, and everyone, for hugs. Aren’t you all tired of hearing my woes?!

Kathy, how are you feeling today? And here you go, per your request:

MOJO!

Teri, from the behavior of Zoe, the trainer specialist determined she was showing fear aggression. Don’t let anyone come near that might hurt her, so she was striking first. The trainer said it usually is resolved by her being repeatedly introduced to a person until she gets familiar, but there was no way to do that here. Too many different people coming and going and having visitors. She got so she was a nervous wreck. She shied away from falling leaves, moving cars in the three parking lots, traffic sounds, noises from the building construction going on next door. It takes me 8 minutes to walk around the entire building. Holding her leash, it took us over a half hour to walk around once.

I cried when her foster mom showed up to take her. She said it happens, it’s okay, we’ll find her a good home after more socialization classes. She recognized her former mom and was thrilled to see her. She kept running back and forth to her and to me. I let the foster mom take her and the leash and I carried bags of treats and her special bed, I was told that’s hers, she gets to keep it. The door of the car was open and she vaulted right in. I was afraid I’d break down again so I hugged the lady and went back inside.

A terrible lonely night, no doggie next to me in bed again, but I woke up okay with my decision and moved on with the day.

Teri, I LOVE the talking husky videos!

Catherine, the craft fair isn’t until November 18, which is terrible because it gives me too much time to gather more ideas and buy more supplies!

My daughter tried to talk me into a cat, but then she said never mind, my furniture was nice and they would destroy it. She has 5 or 6 cats and two dogs. Her cats jump up on her kitchen counters and poop on them. I absolutely cringed when she told me that. She is constantly scrubbing them with Lysol and other disinfectants.

Anne! Which shellfish did you react to?

Catherine and Kathy, those deer and cat photos are absolutely precious!

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-29-2022), TeriJ (09-29-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #1434  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, the picture is misleading because Wicket was a soft fuzzy gray furball.

Kandie, I bought the picture frames on Monday but I had to get the horizontal instead of vertical because they were out. They will still work out just fine. I will put the post-it note to the right and decorate the left. I have pre-cut the backgrounds for each one but I need to see if I could find white post-it notes. These are Christmas gifts so some of the wild colors wouldn't look good with Christmas paper in the background. If I can't find white I will go with that pale yellow.

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 12:57 PM   #1435  
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen white post-it notes. At the office supply store I did see a soft green. If you cant find white, maybe that would work.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Kemernow:
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-29-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 02:22 PM   #1436  
Proud Fan Club Member

I had received an email for a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn, finally, and sent off my order for border dies. I received them today! I ordered happy birthday, thinking of you, sending hugs, a little note, and seasons greetings. Plus I received three sheets of paper and a darling little stamp that says special delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-4f1b4416-3fd3-42c9-8be6-07016d729de9.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-29-2022), muscrat (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 03:58 PM   #1437  
Proud Fan Club Member

I went with a soft yellow post it. If they don't look right, I will create a post it holder that closes so the paper would go with the Christmas paper

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 04:04 PM   #1438  
Proud Fan Club Member

Forgot to post this picture. I heard a growl and said to DH"are they both in that box?" Kitties love boxes most of all! Anyway, my big black tuxedo Kitty had Sammy down and was licking her ears. It was so adorable. And Sammy let him do it too. She just lay there with her eyes closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 17 CHAT THREAD May 25 - Nov 16, 2022-img_20220928_184152287%7E2.jpg  

​​​​
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 04:37 PM   #1439  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, post-its do come in a lot of colors. I've had lime green, pale green, red, bright pink, purple, blue, pale yellow & bright yellow, white. They even come in black. You may need to check an office supply store. I think they make all the colors, so they are more noticeable when attached to a document.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2022, 06:28 PM   #1440  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hard to believe there is a call for black post-it notes.

Wow I just crashed for a couple of hours!

Kathy, I’d love to see your project!

I actually did find a masculine card holder tutorial shaped like a briefcase. It is adorable but way too much tiny work for a craft fair item, so I’ve found a wallet idea and will try that instead. Meanwhile, Amazon packages keep appearing outside my door. A package of colored junior legal pads here, paper clips with a special design that also hold pens there, Stamperia and Prima (thin) paper pads. I warned the office lady today I’m expecting at least one a day for the next three days. It’s a good thing there is Amazon Prime, especially when each order is only between 5 and 15 dollars.

Does anyone grind their teeth? I’ve never done it in my life, but ever since DH passed I’ve discovered I’m constantly having to relax my jaw.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-29-2022), mcschmidty (09-28-2022), muscrat (09-29-2022)