Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #3361  
Forum Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I was 19 when I had one eldest and 21 with the youngest, our eldest is nearly 49 and has a five year old, rather him than me, he wears them out, ha,ha

the trouble is since steve retired he doesn’t hear any new jokes so he recycles them, he is always kidding so if he says something our DILs and even GSs ask me if it’s a grandad joke, it’s so bad that
years ago there was a plane crash on the motorway and he went into work and told them he’d just heard it on the news, they all asked what the punchline was, they all assumed he was joking. I always say I know when he’s kidding as his moustache twitches!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #3362  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Thank you!

Melody and Shelly I got your cards today! I kept thinking I got one exactly like the one Shelly sent but I couldn't find it. Then it dawned on me that I had seen it in her gallery and commented on it! Even prettier in real life! Melody, thanks for the die cuts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #3363  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Morning!

Kathy, I was 26 with my first too!!
👍. I'll be glad when our like button is back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #3364  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Reminder!!

This week's letter is "u" and the theme is ugly papers!!

Keywords: ABC14U21, ABC14, and your personal keyword
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #3365  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

You're welcome, Kathy.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 12:11 AM   #3366  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Happy Wednesday.

Melody I signed up to the group on FB...thanks for that.

Ann, ugly papers..I have a few but will cover mine up. Your card is awesome and I love the papers you used. Hope that you have water again...I may have missed that update.

I have photoshop Kandie but only used it once to try and do my watermark and couldn't figure it out so gave up LOL. The intention was to use it for scrapbooking but it's never happened. I must learn it as DH ordered me a Canon Selphy the other day for me to use in my craft room for scrapping. We have a large Canon in our study and I can print bigger photos on that but I wanted something I could do collage prints on. I used to be able to do it on the main printer but then the software changed or Apple did something and now it won't work on the iMac. So many programmes to learn. I can't keep up with online classes for crafting, let alone classes on how to use Photoshop. DH bought me the upgrade last year for my birthday so I must use it or they will be telling me I need to upgrade again and it's not cheap. If anyone knows of any free classes let me know. I did one on youtube but it was very basic.

Kandie, I like Melody's idea about including something on Firemen in your DH's journal.

Jan, a journal on Steve's jokes would be an awesome gift. Even just to leave for your sons/grandsons so they can keep telling them in future years.

I bought myself a beautiful Dylusions journal. It came today and the quality of the paper is awesome. It's too good to use lol. I also got myself a beautiful sticker book full of vintage/victorian stickers and paper. That's also too good to use. I've been waiting for 2 years to get this book on Amazon after reading about it on FB...another group I'm on LOL. It finally was being delivered here in Oz and at a reasonable price. So pleased with it. In fact DH even said he liked it. Whatever next. I've hidden it in my play room though...if DGD sees it she will rip out all the stickers and stick them all on one page. This one is my toy LOL.

Kathy, hope you and your family are going ok.

Catherine, how are the lights and the new couch? We were just saying last night that we need an electrician. Maybe your DH might charge us a fair bit for coming here LOL.

Shelly, have a great trip. Hope you get time to create.

Waving and saying hi to everyone. Sorry if I've missed some chat. It's been super busy here the past couple of weeks. Finally catching our breath although DH hasn't been well again today. He's back at the Drs on Friday.

Time to think about dinner.....first some cropping.

Happy day and week everyone

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 04:20 AM   #3367  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne I might just do that, I’m back on my photo journal,
sorry to hear DH isn’t well again, hope his docs appointment goes well, how are you feeling nowadays?

I made a pie on Monday with leftover lamb, we had it two nights as it was too big for one night, last night we were naughty and had it with chips, mushy peas and lamb gravy, scrummy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #3368  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Yes, we have hot water back! The smell from the paint triggered the hot water heater. It's paint for the brick walls in the basement and it sure stinks! So now when the second coat of paint goes on we have to turn off the hot water heater till the smell dissipates!

Jayne, your new toys sound so fun! And I so understand about hiding the item from grandkids! Teresa and Jack just love washi tape now and if they saw my stash it would be gone and all in one of their journals!

Hello to all, can't wait to see your ugly papers! So fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 07:15 AM   #3369  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. I totally get keeping some of your best things for your own use. I don't have any grands, but kids need to learn that there are some items that are not OK for them to have.

Jayne, I agree... my ugly papers will definitely get some alterations. Paint and gesso are my friends. If I don't like them, I am not going to put them on a card. Of course, if they aren't too bad, you can always use them as an eighth or quarter inch layer behind something else. Or cut/torn into small pieces.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 07:26 AM   #3370  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Good morning all! I'm sure stumped on the ugly paper challenge. Hmmmm! I might have to do what Jane and Melody suggested and use some gesso and paint to create something! I haven't done that in awhile. I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately.

Card making will have to wait as I'm going to lunch with some friends and then playing Mahjong. All of us have had our shots now, well, I'm waiting for 2nd one the end of month. I has been so nice to be able to continue playing MJ once a week with these 3 ladies throughout this Covid business. It feels so good to get out and socialize.

I understand about hiding certain supplies from the grandkids...they can go through stuff so quickly!!! LOL

Have a fabulous "hump" day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 08:15 AM   #3371  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Good morning from snowy Northern California. Yes, I said snowy. It was snowing rather much when I got up, it has slowed down now. March 10th and we have snow! Can you tell I'm surprised?!

Kathy, I don't understand what you said about the fishing rod (because I don't fish) but I could show it to one of the pastors and his eyes would light up because he loves to fish.

Jan, that is too funny about Steve's co-workers waiting for the punchline when he was serious! I can usually tell when someone is pulling my leg but I do have a few friends that can fool me. I still think a numbered joke journal would be a fun idea.

Jayne, Photoshop is such a powerful program. I don't use it but would like to get a copy and learn. My nephew is amazing with it - and is the reason I know I can't believe what I see in photos nowadays!

We would love to come to Australia someday. And my DH isn't an actual electrician, he just knows a lot about it since he used to help his dad. The new couch is wonderful and it is fabulous to be able to see well in the hallway and laundry and everywhere else we have upgraded the lights. Just a few more to do (both bathrooms). And it is so wonderful that the electric use is going down even as the lights are brighter!

Ann, I'm also stumped on the ugly paper idea. I'm thinking, I'm thinking! I have been trying to combine my alphabet challenge card with the sketch challenge but I didn't manage that this week. Obviously, beauty, and conversely, ugly, are in the eye of the beholder. I could make an orange card as that is my least favorite color not that it is necessarily ugly!

Hmm, good ideas, Melody. I'll have to think about that.

Enjoy lunch and mahjong, Gracie.

Here is a photo from my back deck this morning. I would attach a video of the snow falling but I don't think I can do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-2021.03.10-snow.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #3372  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, that looks like a heavy, wet snow the way it is clinging to all the trees. Ours is mostly gone and everything is just kinda brown. But it's totally possible that we will get more. After all, it's only March. One year we got a big snowstorm on May 10 -- heavy, wet snow and the trees were breaking because the leaves were already out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 08:40 AM   #3373  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Melody, it was 1990 that the storm hit in May. My kids were all home with chickenpox so they did not reap the rewards of having school canceled that day.

Who knew that ugly papers was going to be such a hard card for everyone to make. I just looked through my scraps and said, yes, I do not like this paper, and went with it! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #3374  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, I have lots of papers I don't like, because I've gotten those big stacks, and there are almost always some that I don't like - colors, patterns, whatever. So instead of using them, they just keep hanging around. So really, it's a good challenge. I guess I need to go browse in my paper stash.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #3375  
Proud Fan Club Member

We went fishing. Notice I didn't say we went catching! LOL Not a single bite. I did get my new rod and reel. I like the way it works. You don't have to flip the bale. You just push a button, then release the button as you throw the line.

Last edited by muscrat; 03-10-2021 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #3376  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann it’s a great challenge and helps us use up our stash.

Catherine, how about cutting a title out of your ugly papers using a die or just make embellishments. I have lots of bold busy patterned papers and they are good for small embellishments. If all else fails cover them up as Melody suggests. Snow in California now..eek.

Jan, I’m feeling good now thanks. I love mushy peas...send some over.

Gracie enjoy mahjong.

it’s yucky here..so humid...see y’all later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #3377  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Jayne, snow in CA on March 10th. And yes, it was a wet, heavy snow. During the day it mostly melted but when I got home, it started to snow again. Who knows what it will look like in the morning! DD1 is thankful she didn't have to drive to work today although it wasn't a problem. her first day back to work is Friday and she is ready to be there.

Melody, we had wet, heavy snow like you got that May earlier this year. I woke up in the night to hear the cracking of several limbs outside (not near our house) because the snow was so heavy.

My challenge, Ann, is that if I don't like the paper, I don't really want to put it on a card but it is a great challenge. I have some already made cards in my stash that I think are ugly. I really should figure out what to do with them, I don't think I want to send them to anyone.

That seems to be how fishing goes, Kathy. I'm glad you got out and like your new rod and reel (pretending I know what that is).

Great suggestions, Jayne. I'll put my thinking cap on so if you smell smoke, don't worry, it is just my brain.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #3378  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, I made my ugly paper card. And yes, I painted over it. The paper was holly leaves - dark and a whole page just crammed with the leaves. So I grabbed two colors of paint and completely covered it up. I'll be posting my card shortly. I can tell you that I would NEVER have used that paper as it was. I probably have a couple more sheets of it. It's from one of those big stacks of 180 sheets, and I think each pattern has 3 sheets. There must have been a lot of the papers that I liked though.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #3379  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I did no cresting today. Looked at the challenges on both SCS and CalvinBall, but didn’t do any of them. I did get some commenting done, though. I got a walk-in . The wind finally dies down and was still 75 at six , so I walked. There are fire danger warning beacsuse of our night winds. We’re up to 40 miles an hour winds.
catherine, cantaloupe believe you’re snow! Wow! And heavy, too. We never got a heavy snow this year.
well, just stopped in to say “hi” to everyone, and good nite.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #3380  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stopping by to say Hi and goodnight too, Sharon! I'll have to tackle the U Ugly challenge tomorrow. Lots of good ideas here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #3381  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Hello

Quick drop by- got to get to bed! My doctor called last week and said my physical is due.... OK, so made an appt (tomorrow), then I have PT. I will see how I am feeling- if OK, will run to grocery store and then would have Friday to pack and maybe make a card.....

I went on the Walgreens site Tuesday and got an appt for today, so got my 1st shot done. Wahoo. Yes, my arm is quite sore- I am moving it up and down to keep it moving.....

I am sure I have ugly paper, and like the ideas here to cover with Gesso- I have no ideas presently. Need to see the DP!

Kathy- yes, I am behind this month, playing a slow catch-up! Glad you enjoyed the card. I actually made it specifically for you, but made it for a challenge so posted it...... it was in an envelope all ready to get picked up when I saw you commented on it......

Have a great day ladies!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 10:32 PM   #3382  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine your photo from your deck could be our sons, not such dense trees though, they do have sea views too though
I agree about making cards with ugly papers, I already have so many spare cards that I’ve made and really dislike,, maybe I could use one of those instead!

DIL sent a photo of our GS at school, he’s 12, they sit in the school yard, at their desks, spaced out with a tv screen, good job they have good weather!

youngest GS., 4 , went back to school Monday, he was annoyed with his MuM as she was walking too slow, he goes on his scooter, he was so eager to see his friends, his comment when he arrived home, school was fine he played with his friend Harry, kids, ha,ha,

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 05:25 AM   #3383  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I'm glad your GS's could get back to school and be with friends! How wonderful to socialize again.

Catherine, we're suppose to get a storm tomorrow, possible snow mixed with rain. Spring weather is so unpredictable. Fresh snow always looks so pretty.

Shelly, glad you were able to get your first shot. Get your Dr. and PT appointments out of the way and then you get to pack. I hate packing for trips. I've really learned to pack less as you can always purchase something if you need it. I used to pack waaaayyy too much!

I'm finishing a book called "The Alice Network" about women spies in WWII. It's amazing how people lived through those times...we have nothing to complain about! I'm planning to craft but I want to finish my book first...when I get to the last 100 pages of a book, I get impatient to finish.

Have a great Thursday all! Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 07:09 AM   #3384  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! The winds are very strong here today!! All my garbage cans are over! So far the cheap mail box from the town is still standing in the bucket! May not be for long, the winds are increasing!

Funny about the ugly papers we have! I agree Melody, some paper packs sure have some that are bad! That's where mine came from!

Jan, so fun your GS got to go to school! Socializing is so important for the kids.

Off to get moving here! Went to bed and did not clean up after making bread in the bread maker, so need to clean my kitchen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 07:19 AM   #3385  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning, everyone. I’ve been on a cleaning out binge since I got that clothes folding gadget, all my drawers are neat now, all things I don’t wear are in a pile for thrift shops, and wow did I have a bunch of makeup that I never liked to begin with. No crafting yesterday, DH was working so I did little things that never get done, cleaned out and rearranged cupboards in the kitchen, got rid of stuff we don’t use.

I have LOTS of ugly papers, bought the pads for some reason or another and only used a few!

I get my last shot tomorrow. Then we have a funeral to go to.

The sweet Easter journal was due to be delivered yesterday and was not. I keep checking the tracking number. If it has been lost in the mail I will be SO upset!!!

Well, ladies, while cleaning out drawers I came across my old Fitbit watch. I charged it up for fun, and when I saw my weight in April of last year I said what???? Holy smokes, I have gained 10 pounds! Now I have Atkins foods in the cupboards and healthy foods too, my watch is charged and on my wrist. I am determined to get those pounds off. Wearing loose clothing inside for the COVID lockdown is very deceiving when it comes to weight gain!

Catherine, I never knew California had snow in the spring. You must be really high up in altitude?

I don’t like to pack either! I can always foresee where I would need each and everything in my closet, so I pack tons, and then never need any of it!

I love Photoshop, I’m trying to get back to where I used to be.

Kathy, glad you got to go fishing with your new equipment!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #3386  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! The trees are beautiful and lacy looking with the snow on them this morning. The snow we had yesterday morning was melted by the time I got home from work, then it snowed more overnight and was quite cold. I'm sure the lacy look will be gone by noon. It is beautiful, though.

We aren't that high up in altitude - about 2,195 feet or so which is why we don't usually get snow or much snow. Most of it happens further up in the mountains, we are just in the foothills.

I made a card for the tea party challenge last night and will get it in the mail today on my way to work.

Yikes to the fire danger warning, Sharon!

I'm with Gracie and Kandie on the packing topic. I hate it! DD2 LOVES to pack, she has to hold herself back from packing too early when we are going somewhere. I will say, I'm so happy I no longer have to pack for myself and two adorable little girls as well! It is such a chore to me to pack. I also need to rebuild my packing list in the computer. I had one that we created and kept it in the computer so as not to reinvent the wheel each time. Somehow, through technology issues, that document was lost. I have downloaded a very detailed one from the internet but need to make my own again.

Shelly, you are so good about getting your appointments and doing them.

Jan, no sea views here. It sounds like it is very lovely where your son lives. So glad your GSs can be back in school with their friends.

Gracie, that sounds like a fabulous book. I'll have to put it on my list to read. I just finished reading The Dressmaker which was quite interesting. If you haven't heard of it, it is historical fiction about a girl who, at the last minute, went on the Titanic as a maid to Lady Duff Gordon. I like reading historical fiction, it generally causes me to do research to see what was fiction and what was historic but this author gave me that information in her afterward.

Sorry you are dealing with strong winds too, Ann. I don't care for wind.

Kandie, I love the sound of a cleaning binge. I need to do that here! What an awesome feeling having that done and everything so neat and tidy.

Just looked at the clock, I'd better step up and finish getting ready for work. Chat with you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #3387  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Melody, I am mulling on ugly papers and thinking I might apply some dox's, when I get around to it, that is.

Kandie, it is an investment company that bought Mikes. So these businesses just do it to flip it and make money that way from the next investment company. I wonder too how it will affect things. My friend told us that is why we are not seeing any large coupon discounts and have not for awhile. It makes the business look better to whomever is wanting to buy it. Glad I got lots of copics at 50% and 55% off a while ago.
Our weather is warming up a bit. And at least we have not had any rain for several days.

Shelly, our age group is not being mentioned yet for the vaccines. We are 70 and 71. They just started doing the 90 year olds this week.

Love to all!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:05 AM   #3388  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ann, maybe your garbage can will blow over to my house. Yikes, it is a gale out there.
Thinking about ugly paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #3389  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, I'm shocked that they haven't started vaccinating 70 somethings. I don't think WI is doing that great but we are doing 65 and above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #3390  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, that is interesting. Oh well, I am not worrying about it. Just keep wearing my mask, lol.

I was trying to remove some cards last night that I have faved over the years. Doesn't look like clicking remove works to do that. I guess the site is still working out the kinks!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:32 AM   #3391  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You have the right attitude, not much one can do about it. My sister is losing her mind because her almost 65 year old husband with heart and asthma issues can't get a vaccine yet. She likes to bang her head against the wall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #3392  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jean! And you made me laugh about the head banging!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #3393  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloha gorgeous loving Sistahs!!! Just a quick pop in and hop off just to let you all know I miss and love you all!! Soon it's graduation season here and I'm so not ready at all shoot Des and my youngest birthday are just a pop and hop away as well!!
i too was 16 when I had my oldest son....we not getting old I like to remind myself but getting wiser and better!! Hahaha even with all my challenges offline!! Then again I could be just off!! Hahaha!!
love and miss all of you !! 😘💋🤗
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #3394  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi sis Vicki..enjoy making all your creations for graduations. Good to hear from you. Keep well.

Gracie that book sounds great and yes when we all think of what they went through during WW1 and WWII it does put things into perspective.

Jan, good to hear your poppets are able to socialise again. It is important.

Kandie that made me smile about your Fitbit and how you checked your weight last year to now. Go girl. Any tips or free online classes on Photoshop would be appreciated as I really must use it. My Selphy is due to arrive today.

No vaccines here for us yet and not for a long time I expect. The Europeans have embargoed deliveries to here but I think as we are ok at present that the vaccines should go to those countries who need it more. Our time will come when everyone else has had it and until then I’ll stay on my island bubble lol.

It’s funny how some of your ugly papers would be lovely to me and how we all see different beauty. I’m not feeling creative but must shake it off as I have the time to create. I’m soooo tired and not feeling like swinging from chandeliers today or climbing mountains lol. I think the past two busy weeks have finally caught up with me. DH is currently at the Drs and has been for blood tests. I could do with a kick in the butt injection lol.

on that note I will say happy weekend.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 10:37 PM   #3395  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie I will have to dig out my Fitbit, I hate to think how much weight I’ve put on.

our neighbour told us yesterday that he knows two over 80’s thats had their first vaccine, at last

no travel allowed here but our French neighbours had their DD from Paris over and GS from Madrid, how’s that allowed when we can’t go out of Murcia and now all travel for Easter has been stopped , all through lockdown they have had friends around too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #3396  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! I have been baking, and now we are watching our college basketball team playing in their tournament. Maybe later will get to creating. You all are doing great with this week’s challenge, all pretty, not ugly! I have to do that and the teapot challenge today. And hope to keep on scrapping, too! I am on a run, will maybe a walk! LOL

glad to see Victoria on here. Waving to you all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #3397  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is my day to work for free - you know, chores at home. I have already done my workout, now to work out my chores. DD1 is so happy to be back at work today, her first day back. DD2 is so happy that today is her last day of school before spring break. She has the next two weeks off for spring break (maybe I'll get caught up on grading!).

DH and I went to have a date last night, got about 15 minutes away from home, and the car lost power. We were in the car we got for DD1 and planned to go down the hill to a bakery/restaurant that DD1 recommended that has wonderful vegan and gluten free food (not that we need gluten free, it is just part of what they have). DH was driving and the car just lost power. He quickly took the off ramp (thankfully we were near one) and called AAA. Because of Covid, you have to have a ride from someone else, can no longer ride with the tow truck driver so we also called DD1. The tow truck driver was VERY fast (even arriving before DD1) because we happened to have this problem within sight of their building! DH thinks it is something to do with the fuel filter so now he has another project...poor guy!

Funny thing about this story, when the tow truck driver, Kyle, got to our house with Bingley (DD1 named him), he said, "I think I've dropped another car here." Turns out that he was the driver who brought the Honda home when it broke down on DD1. I told DD1 that we should start requesting him! (Hopefully we won't need his services again any time soon!) Small town living, I love it!

We did get out for a date after that, just not to our original destination as they close at 7 pm.

Shirl, yes, I think they are still working on site issues. I hope they get the like button back soon (hope they are even working toward that!).

Jean, your sister could get a bad headache that way!

Vickster, glad you popped in again. Yes, it will soon be graduation time. I wonder what that will look like this year. I'm sorry I didn't make DD2 have a graduation party when she graduated 8th grade because now her high school graduation won't happen either. (She is just fine with that, by the way.)

Jayne, I haven't even perused my paper to see what I would qualify as ugly paper. I think I like Melody's approach, I showed DD2 her card last night and she said, "That's not ugly paper!" so I told her the paper was covered with paint!

Hi Sharon and Jan!

Well, we have a couple of big expenses headed our way. We need to replace our hot water heater and DH has a plan that involves a hybrid water heater - which is lovely but much more expensive than a regular water heater.

Also, Honey had to go to the vet because she has something on the top of her head that we don't like the looks of. She needs surgery to remove it...poor little girl!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 05:49 AM   #3398  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Catherine! What fun, to have a date night. That is fun that the same guy helped with your other car, and remembered, even. Is your snow all gone?
Everyone must be busy. No chatter yesterday, or last night.
Kathy glad you can go fishing again and do star watching again. Great season!
Rainy yesterday and today, forecast for tomorrow, too. So, good for watching basketball, and crafting! WSU won yesterday, so play today. If they win again , they play for the championship of their conference which is the American. If they win that, for sure they get to go to the NCAA tournament! I got my teapot card done, today, my goal is our U for ugly.

have a great trip, Shelly! Ann, enjoy your day. Jan, I am like you I am sure, really missing our family. Our hopes are for May. Jayne, how is your husband. Did I miss what dr. said?
Melody, how is your DD doing? Shirl, how are you?
Hi, Kandie, Jean, and Gracie, and everyone else. Have a great weekend!
don’t forget to set forward your clocks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 05:58 AM   #3399  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon, yes we are hoping we might see the family in the summer but I’m not thinking about it so I won’t be disappointed.

catherine hope you get the car fixed, there’s always something, out gas boiler stopped working, luckily it’s warm enough to switch to solar but we have a man coming over next week to take a look.
we mopped the solar panel this morning, steve on the ladder with me dipping to mop in the water.
we have such fun, LOL

I could say we had a lunch date, we sat by the beach with a takeaway yesterday, after a walk and a coffee, really lovely as it’s really warm now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 06:00 AM   #3400  
Forum Fanatic

It’s Mother’s Day in England tomorrow so our son told GS they had to go to buy his mum a card after school, he said and a present? Our son said yes, GS said, a toy!! Crafty monkey.
Reply With Quote Likes