Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #3201  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, it's not just Florida who has people doing crazy stuff. Yesterday I watched a judge show. Not sure which judge but definately not judge judy. she would have had a field day with this case. A woman was in a hurry and pulled into someone's driveway and parked her car. She says she believed her friend lived there but I'm not too sure I believe that story. Anyway she went and did her shopping chores and such and when she got back to her car someone had parked behind her. she looked around and waited and when no one came to move the car she found their house unlocked and went inside, took their keys, move their car so she could get out, and put the keys back in and locked their house doors. It was not her friend's house if it ever was. And then when the people came home they were frightened because they knew someone had been in their house. They had called the police. About a year later this nervy woman was bragging to someone across the street from the house about what she had done a year ago. Little did she know that the person she was bragging too was a sister-in-law to those people. This woman said she thought she was doing them a favor by locking their house doors since they were not locked. She was coming across as someone with such an entitlement. the judge told her she could have called the police and explained the situation but she said she was in a hurry and got tired of waiting. She thought it was awful that they purposefully parked her in. They admitted they did because they wanted to know who was parking in their driveway. They had only been living there about two months. She was a very pretty woman with apparently not a lot of wisdom. She felt it was their fault for parking her in, even though she was parked in their driveway. It really does take all kinds of people...oh and she complained because she had sat there and ate a whole bag of chips while she waited on them. She said really, who wants to eat a whole bag of chips? I just shook my head!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #3202  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I remember Catherine was going to Oregon but I can't remember why? I tell everyone my memory is good, it's just short.
For her uncle's Memorial Service.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #3203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

FYI - Feb. FC gallery is open.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #3204  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Gracie. I thought it was a service of some kind but just couldn't remember.

Thanks Melody! I guess they just did the reveal and didn't have the little chatting session they usually have so we can try and guess. I don't know either of those two personally so I probably wouldn't have guessed anyway but congratulations to them!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #3205  
Proud Fan Club Member

Google is my best friend sometimes! I was balancing my checkbook to the receipts I had and my one receipt from Walmart I can't tell what it was I bought it just is a bunch of letters and numbers and the price was $39.88. so I decided to plug those numbers into Google and it showed me a wrist blood pressure kit I bought for mom. When I have big items like that I usually write on the receipt what they are so I know whether I can toss the receipt when I balance my checkbook. I don't mind when the prices are just small numbers but at that cost I wanted to know what it was. Thank you Google!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #3206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I saw that judge show! Can you BELIEVE the gall of some people??? Here we would say, she must live in Granger, lol. Granger is maybe 30 minutes from here, and is where the ultra-glam homes and cars are. I remember going to a McDonald’s back in the day when I was younger, a lady cut in front of another lady and told the surprised clerk she deserved to go first, because she lived in Granger! It takes all kinds, I guess.

You are amazing, looking up the store site and entering the price to find what you bought, I shall remember that trick from now on, thanks!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #3207  
Proud Fan Club Member

Error

Old 02-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #3208  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Kathy, I saw that judge show! Can you BELIEVE the gall of some people??? Here we would say, she must live in Granger, lol. Granger is maybe 30 minutes from here, and is where the ultra-glam homes and cars are. I remember going to a McDonald’s back in the day when I was younger, a lady cut in front of another lady and told the surprised clerk she deserved to go first, because she lived in Granger! It takes all kinds, I guess.

You are amazing, looking up the store site and entering the price to find what you bought, I shall remember that trick from now on, thanks!
I've not run into too many from Granger, thank goodness! A friend years ago told me that her grandmother always introduced her as her cleaning lady! Yes she cleaned her grandmother's house but she should have been introduced as her granddaughter! LOL. Prestige and name dropping were important to her.

I just input the numbers, google did the amazing work for me! LOL

Last edited by muscrat; 02-26-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Old 02-26-2021, 12:37 PM   #3209  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

Did you see this: Me and Dr. Sonja are going do this I think we are doing 20 cards? any of you going to this! my heart going out to these foster kids!!!

Cards for Cubs - card drive for foster kids - Splitcoaststampers
and #CardsForCubs2021 (bearly.art)
Old 02-26-2021, 03:31 PM   #3210  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody what is FC?

Shirl
Old 02-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #3211  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

fan club
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #3212  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm finished! In SIX days. I am probably more surprised than you are.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_3645.jpg  

Old 02-26-2021, 04:39 PM   #3213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I will do a blog post after DD's birthday next weekend.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #3214  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
fan club
Thanks Melody!

Awesome quilt too!

Shirl
Old 02-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #3215  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, it's beautiful!
Old 02-26-2021, 07:42 PM   #3216  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A quick check in, we haven't actually made it to the town where my uncle's service is to be held tomorrow afternoon. We are stopped at a town that, with good road conditions, is an hour away (and a mountain pass) from where we need to go. We stopped because the snow was coming down too hard and there is a friend in this town that we wanted to visit with. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it to town tomorrow in time for the service. My brother, who lives in ID, hosted us last night and he and my SIL canceled their trip because of road conditions. Our friend who lives here says we can borrow his 4WD car tomorrow if we don't think we can make it in our Camry. Generous offer but I don't think we could accept it. We'll see what happens.

Melody, your quilt is beautiful! Amazing what you did in six days!

Good grief, the nerve of some of these people you all told stories about - the lady in the judge show and those ladies in Florida. I am often amazed at the stories DD1 tells me of things her customers do and ask for. I would never think to even try that!

Oh, and an update on her co-worker, Jeffrey. He texted her that he came through surgery and it went well. After surgery he opened the get well card and loved it and texted her last night.

I'll let you know what happens and whether we make it there or not.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #3217  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello all!

Kathy- glad folks got back for the lab tests! I always drink a big glass of water before lab tests so I am not too dehydrated- even for cholesterol water is OK...... easier to find a vein that way! We have matching leather couches that recline- and one is pull tab to recline and the other is electric..... The also rock, but I do not use that too often.....
Kathy- I looked for the FC thread as well- I could not find it either- it sure could help to stir up some excitement! LOL

Jan- we loved fish & chips when we visited London : ) We only order out food and bring it home to eat it here. Once it gets nice enough, the restaurants will open tents we can sit in outdoors.

Jayne- hope you enjoy your date night!

Ann- hoping your vaccine goes well and that you have a great weekend!

Melodie- Wow on the quilt! Looks nice and warm!

Kandie- Ohhh I bet your journal is gorgeous! And, I would be so chicken a squirrel would bite me....! We have a bird feeder that flings the squirrels off.... they work so hard to try to get food out of the feeder!

Gracie- hope your vaccine goes smoothly as well!

Linda- such a great cause for cards- I did sign up to send a few...I had better get right on that!

Catherine- BE SAFE!!!

Kelly- have a great day and enjoy Michael's, and then your quiet house : )

Katie is coming out tomorrow for a car appointment, and we are going to get a pedicure after she is done with that. I need a little help with my hip issue to do a good trim.... Katie is back working at Starbucks, so cannot have her fingernails done.

Hubby is golfing tomorrow, so after pedicure, I am home without a car, so will probably be in the craft room- have sorting to finish in there (always).!!!

Waving hello to Shirl, Dagmar and everyone else !!!
Old 02-26-2021, 09:01 PM   #3218  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy weekend everyone. It’s a long one here but it is every weekend for us lol.

Jan, we’ve only had 1 case of Covid in 10 months here and then they locked us down for 5 days a few weeks ago because of that. Now all the restaurants and cafes are back open and we still social distance but no masks and it’s pretty normal here. We have to check in at every venue we go to including every shop and sanitise. We are very lucky. We went for dinner at 7pm and were home before 9pm lol. We ate, drank and came home and watched a show. It was a lovely night. Today we went for brunch with son2 and dil2...they paid which was nice. I feel I’ve done nothing but eat and drink the past 2 days.

Ann, hope your vaccine jab goes well.

Kathy, what crazy stories and the gall of some people.

Catherine, glad your trip is going ok.

They don’t seem to have the Dirty Girl reveal anymore which is a shame but hardly anyone went on apart from Dirty girls and you and a couple of fans and maybe that’s why. Shame.

Shelly, enjoy your pampering time with DD.

Sharon, glad you managed to be pampered too.

Melody, gorgeous quilt.

Kandie good that Ed has had his 2nd jab and you will have yours soon.

Well I can’t seem to get myself motivated to craft at present although I have made 4 cards this week. I could be crafting now but instead I go online just googling craft store sites lol.
I need a push.

the weather is now coming so gorgeous and March and April are the best times of the year here...around 30 degrees and no wind. Perfect. If it would only be like this all year round.

Well I’d better move....waving to you all
Old 02-26-2021, 09:15 PM   #3219  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hadn't ordered anything from SU in ages, but I got Christmas money from DS, so I decided to get some things and take advantage of SAB free stuff. I ordered 5 punches and 1 stamp set. Getting 2 free stamp sets.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:41 PM   #3220  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay to new toys Melody. I’ve got a new art journal and some stencils coming lol. weird stuff.

Congrats to our Shelly whose bee card is on the front page. I loved that card the first time I saw it. Awesome job Shelly. Enjoy your month of honour.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #3221  
Forum Fanatic

Melody your quilt is beautiful such a lot of work, you must be so pleased to ah e finished it so quickly.

our son once came home from work to find someone had parked on his drive, he parked across the back of the car to block it in, later he’s watching TV and someone is banging on his door, knocking on the window, he ignored them, next morning he went to work, when he got home the car had gone, never happened again, ha,ha.

Catherine stay safe.

jayne we’ve only had one case yesterday but they are trying to stop people coming to Murcia over Easter, I hope they do as it will shoot up again
Old 02-27-2021, 04:59 AM   #3222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I love your quilt Melody! AWESOME!

Catherine, have a safe trip!

We are road tripping today, so I'll check back in later tonight. Have a wonderful Saturday! I'll check out cards and posts then.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:40 AM   #3223  
Proud Fan Club Member

Great quilt Melody! I don't remember much else of what I've read ( had a whole week to catch up on). I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

My Gallery
Old 02-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #3224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, ladies. I'm glad the quilt is finished. It's far from perfect, but the style is extremely forgiving. As you can be sure, I was doing everything in a hurry. The batting was thicker than I would have liked, but I knew I had enough of that type. The thickness made it harder to cut evenly, so some ended up caught into the seams, but I just ignored that. But it also made it harder to get the edges to stay even (which they did not). But that's another part that forgives, because when the seams are clipped and frayed, you can't tell. I don't mark the diagonal stitching on each block - just put the needle down in one corner and aim for the opposite corner - mostly pretty straight. I broke one needle, and poked myself a number of times on pins, at least 5 that drew blood. But it's been washed, to fray the seams and make sure there's no basement smell lingering (LOL). DD had asked for one, so seemed like a good idea to do for her birthday, and we didn't need to spend any extra money, because I had everything. I just wasn't quite prepared for her birthday to sneak up on me quite so quickly.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #3225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It is beautiful, Melody!

Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 PM   #3226  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Yes Melodie- so very cool!!! I was wondering how you can snip the edges and not eorry about snipping the stitches!

SHaron- so fun to Zoom this afternoon!

Ann- hope you are feeing OK after your shot!

Catherine hope your drive was safe!

Jayne- thanks so much- truly an honor!!!

Hugs to all!

Shelly
Old 02-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #3227  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ha, Shelly. Carefully! I used the sharpest scissors I own and only use the tip, so you keep the blade within the seam allowance.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:36 PM   #3228  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! We made it safely to my home town today in plenty of time for the service. A blessing was that we were able to check in at the hotel quite early, which we didn't expect. All told, there were eleven first cousins there today which is about half of us - including one who drove out from Wisconsin. It was a lovely service and nice to see everyone.

Afterwards, we went over to see some friends who still live here. It was great to see them and spend some time with them. Other than my quick trip here last month, it has been almost 11 years since we've all been up here.

And now, to drive back home tomorrow. Hopefully, road conditions will be good tomorrow. Praying it is safe tomorrow.

Chat with you later!
Old 02-28-2021, 05:07 AM   #3229  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I’m so glad your visit was nice. Be careful on the way home.

Shelly, love your Art Journal pages so much! And congratulations on your bee card being posted on the main page, so cool!

Melody, your quilt is fabulous! As a person who loves snuggling under handmade quilts myself, I think your DD will be thrilled!!!

And it’s a good time to receive some new things, spring is right around the corner and we all need an uplift in our spirits!

DH had received his second virus vaccination and was just a bit sore the first day after, but the second day he was very fatigued and sat around the living room, which he never does. He’s back to normal now. Mine is coming up March 12.

Old 02-28-2021, 07:37 AM   #3230  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. A bit foggy and rainy today, but warm - already 40 going up to 46. I hope you are all having a great day.

Old 02-28-2021, 12:37 PM   #3231  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Whoopee, it got up to 57 today! And about 5 minutes of sun in between the fog that Melody has as well.

My Easter/Spring little booklet is almost done! Next up, a wrap-around journal, but I have no subject ideas yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-18b543e2-bd94-42f8-ad55-98d98b079786.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-b68f43d6-f480-48ef-8d28-e29232095664.jpg  

Old 02-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #3232  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad to hear many of your are getting warmer temperatures. It is actually cooler and windy here today, but the sun is shining!

Catherine, so glad that your family got to see relatives and friends! I hope you are having a good trip home today!

Shelly, love your Art Journal pages and BIG congratulations on your bee card being posted on the main page! Yahoo! You and Kandie are the Art Journal queens!

Kandie, I love that darling bunny art journal! Amazing! Glad to hear your DH had received his second virus vaccination. I did hear that many friends experienced fatigue for a day or two. DH and I just got our Moderna vaccination today. We get our 2nd one March 27. So far so good.

Melody love that flannel quilt, and I also, love that you don't worry about it being perfect. I'd get so much more done, if I wasn't a perfectionist. I try hard to not be that way. I always poke my fingers with stick pins, too! Ouch...so annoying.

Jayne, hope you had fun at golf.

Ann, sure hope you did OK with you vaccination.

Hi Sharon, Annette and everyone! Going to try to do some crafting now.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:04 PM   #3233  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, this type of quilt just has room for being not perfect, so it was easy to ignore that stuff. On a regular pieced quilt, I'm much more of a perfectionist.

Old 02-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #3234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I'm going to have to try that type of quilt sometime as you've inspired me!
Old 02-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #3235  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone!!

First vaccine done and I'm glad. A bit of a sore arm today but not even half as bad as it was with the shingles shot.

Went well at the location, but so many people in not a large area. They were fast and kept the pace up one after another. I put on a double mask and glad I did with so many people and not six feet apart.

Barely felt the needle going in and nothing happened until about 2 hours afterwards. Shoulder felt like I walked into a wall and my wrist starting hurting a lot. Pain was going up about four inches towards my elbow. I took two Tylenol and the pain went away, then it came back about 4 1/2 hours later. Took two more Tylenol!

No redness at injection site and only a little sore today. They set everyone up for their second shot right away. Just the location is further away which people were complaining about in the office. Nurses said nothing to be done about it, they higher ups picked the locations for the vaccines.

Oh well, I just feel lucky that my health group set everything up so I could get the vaccine.

Melody, fabulous quilt, I admire anyone that can quilt!! So time consuming and such a wonderful heartfelt gift!

Kandie, beautiful book, so sweet! Love it!! You do amazing work!

Catherine so happy that you made it to the service! Stay safe for your travels home!

The nerve of some people, can't believe the entitlement that some individuals feel they deserve!

Saw none of that at the doctors office for the vaccine, people were kind, friendly, and in good spirits. My son however, was waiting in the car and said, he was reading and heard screams of someone yelling "no, no, I'm not going in". A daughter was trying to get her mother out of a car and into her wheelchair to go in to have the vaccine. My son said he felt so bad for the women, as her mother kept screaming and having people ask if everything was all right.

Hugs to all of you for thinking of me as I was going for my vaccine. I sure appreciate your thoughts and prayers!
Old 02-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #3236  
Proud Fan Club Member

Poor DH. Dusty Dog stole his blanket, and DH’s feet were cold, lol.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-a475d12a-8dbe-4762-9bb5-aa6d97e77eaf.jpg  

Old 02-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #3237  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Poor DH. Dusty Dog stole his blanket, and DH’s feet were cold, lol.
Poor Ed has to settle for a towel! I see who rates in your house! LOL
Old 02-28-2021, 09:37 PM   #3238  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone, a quick check in. We are safely home and so thankful. The roads today were nice and clear, there was snow beside the road (quite deep) but the roads themselves were clear. Before we left town, we ate breakfast at Roosters which was nostalgic for the girls. We used to walk over to this restaurant from my mom's house and have breakfast there so they have fond memories of it.

A bonus was that, unbeknownst to me, my cousins had all planned to have breakfast there this morning so we got to see them one more time before leaving town. (They all went to my uncle's house after the service but we went to visit our friends instead so didn't know about their plans.)
Old 03-01-2021, 04:38 AM   #3239  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, so nice that everything about your trip worked out all right and you got home safely.

Gracie, the only one who rates in this household is Dusty, lol. She is Queen!

DH gets his stitches out today, and he is afraid of another bleeding setback. I’m going with him, since one person is allowed now along with the patient.

HAPPY MARCH 1st! Where in the world did February go???

Old 03-01-2021, 05:07 AM   #3240  
Proud Fan Club Member

Mom and Dad's dr. appt is today at 1 so we will be heading out around noon. After I drop them off, I am going to Walmart to get her shopping list stuff.