Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #3161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh wow, Linda - I hope you feel better! My husband had both dosages as he works in a hospital and I've had none but he did pretty good with it. I've heard some stories!

I'm currently purging my stamps and listing a bunch for sale.

My son is working towards his Eagle Scout and we are starting a fundraiser!

Kathy, good luck with the furniture shopping! I'd vote for the recliner - you can sit, sleep and recline all in one!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #3162  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks Kelly, that's the way I'm leaning at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #3163  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Good evening all! Lots of chat again!

Happy Belated birthday Sally! I hope it was a fun day.

Shirl, so glad you got to spend the day with Bruce. I'm sure you'll both find yourself tearing up now and then thinking of your SIL. I find it so hard to realize that someone is really gone when they pass away. Glad you have each other to share your grief and eventually share all the good memories of her!

Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to relax tonight...seems I've been working on one long overdue project or another lately.

Catherine, sorry to hear about DD's friend. I'll add him to my prayer list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #3164  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

Gracie, you said exactly what I have been feeling/thinking. I just cannot believe she is gone. I have not voiced that thought to my brother yet, but I am sure he thinks the same. What an adjustment.

Enjoy your relaxing evening, Gracie!

Catherine, sorry about your uncle. Ha, about Honey on your couch! Will pray for Jeffrey. Nice to make him a card with a funny phrase.

Hugs to you Ann. Nice you are on your final box of scanning!

Melody, I agree with Ann. You are very talented and creative.

Kelly, I would love to see what you are offering.

Linda, glad to hear that you just have a sore arm. That is not fun, but glad that is all.

Kathy, good luck on the decisions. It will come to you, but what a pain trying to decide, I agree.

Jayne, dinner and a show! What show? We still have to finish watching all of The Queen's Gambit. Got distracted watching other good ones. Have not finished watching Your Honor yet either, with Bryan Cranston.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 07:01 PM   #3165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Sally, happy belated! Your card has already gone out - hopefully that made it to you

Shirl, I will try to remember to send a list when it's done!
My daughter just finished Your Honor - I watched the first 4 episodes and then got busy doing work.
I'm curious as to the end!

Adding Catherine's dd's friend to my prayer list as well as Shirl, too.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #3166  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you sweet Kelly!

How nice to have a celebratory lunch with your dd. Congrats on her new job! Lunch, shopping and a coffee shop. Sounds wonderful!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 09:29 PM   #3167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!

Sally- Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you are warm and have water too!

Linda- so glad to hear you have found a vaccine and have had #2 as well!

Shirl- I am caught off guard on occasion when my Mom's memory hits me- I try to remember she lived her life to be with God : ) Nice that you can get out and walk with your brother too.
We watched the Queens Gambit recently- lots of dysfunction, but was happy with the ending!

Ann- Good for you getting your kids old items and getting them all scanned too! I will look forward to your Sketch card too : )

Melodie- that would be a really cool goift for my piano teacher : ) Great idea!

Kathy- loving the arrow tip on subscriptions- thank you! I like the idea of the recliner that swivels! Hope you find the perfect furniture : )

Gracie- hope you had a nice relaxing day!

Whoa- Jayne- that is a hot day! Hope you are sleeping better!

Catherine- prayers for Jeffrey. Safe travels to your family memorial for your Uncle.

My Mom has 2 sisters still living- we did a Facetime call with my Aunt and her husband last night- they love the calls and frequently we are on LONG time- almost 2 hours..... But love them so much. My Uncle will be 90 this month, and my Aunt just had her 88th birthday.

I decided to order a keyboard - hubby found one on Costco's site and it has headphones, so I can play and plug in the headphones and no one can hear me- and so I can play at 10:30 or 11:00 at night and it will not be heard : ) Perfect! Plus, we will be going to Colorado in March for 3 weeks, and I will not have to miss my piano lessons.
Hubby had a Covid test post Florida baseball trip and it is negative... Yeah! Sigh of relief!

Dagmar- os it warming up there? Glad you are now able to get into your craft room to create!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 10:15 PM   #3168  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Shelly, still waking up early but I usually get back to sleep. Just got back from lunch with a couple of friends I haven't seen for a while. Was such good fun and the weather is cooler today..yay. Speaking of keyboards, it was our DGD's 8th birthday and her Grandmother and Aunt bought her a keyboard. When we took her pressie up she had her dad's headphones on and was playing away. I had a go and was so cool. Apparently a store here is selling them for $100 and it's not bad. Even I could learn LOL. DGD plays the guitar so we said they are starting their own band LOL.

Glad DH's test came back negative..phew!

So good to be able to FaceTime family. I did the same last week with my elderly Aunt and sister. Usually it's just me and my sister or brother but was so nice to chat with my Aunt/Uncle. They are in their 80's.

Shirl, we are watching Virgin River.

Kelly, congrats to your DD and such fun to have girly time together.

Linda, 2 vaccines already...that's great. My family in the UK have only had 1 so far. None here but they started to roll them out this week. We will be way down the list. Gracie, did you get booked back in for yours?

Catherine, hope your friend is improving. Enjoy your trip and catchup with family.

I finally posted my Teapot card. Now on to create...I feel like scrapping today.

Happy day everyone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 10:21 PM   #3169  
Forum Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Kathy talking of recliners that rock, our son bought one for steve when he had his heart attack so he could sleep in it during the day, funnily everyone still calls it Grandads chair ten years later!
On our last visit he was sat in it and the next thing we turned around and he was half in and half on the floor, as he tried to click the recliner part back in to stand up it rocked and he slid to the floor. I’m sorry to say we both burst out laughing, he wasn’t too pleased with me and our son but it did look so funny. Eventually we pulled ourselves together and helped him up, needless to say at home he decided to just have a recliner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #3170  
Forum Fanatic

Steve jsut read in the paper this morning that they have finally started vaccinating the over 80s yesterday, ours be Christmas before I get done!

well done Linda getting your two done, I always get a sore arm and feel ill with the flu jab so I’m not looking forward to it!

Our two GSs play the piano, the eldest is really good, he plays Hey Jude for us and we sing along, not of us have good singing voices but it’s fun, they are still having lessons remotely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 03:15 AM   #3171  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Kathy talking of recliners that rock, our son bought one for steve when he had his heart attack so he could sleep in it during the day, funnily everyone still calls it Grandads chair ten years later!
On our last visit he was sat in it and the next thing we turned around and he was half in and half on the floor, as he tried to click the recliner part back in to stand up it rocked and he slid to the floor. I’m sorry to say we both burst out laughing, he wasn’t too pleased with me and our son but it did look so funny. Eventually we pulled ourselves together and helped him up, needless to say at home he decided to just have a recliner!
Too funny Jan! My current recliner also rocks but it doesn't swivel. My concern with a swivel is that it will turn as I try I sit down. I'll have to be careful if I choose that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 04:55 AM   #3172  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy I’ve stood on my swivel chair in my craft room to reach a top shelf and nearly came a cropper,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 06:52 AM   #3173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness Jan, standing on a swivel chair...very dangerous! I've done the same thing but since my fall and a dozen staples in my head, I try to be much more careful. LOL Poor Steve, I can relate. I've fallen so many times and so many different ways and I usually end up laughing so hard that my DH says, "Stop laughing so I can help you up!"

Shelly, what fun...a new keyboard and headphones. It's so cool that you're learning to play piano.

Catherine, I hope your family has a safe trip to your Uncle's memorial service.

Jayne, your tickle card is fabulous! So much fun...I wish I could have been with you when you were creating it, sharing some cheeky red!

Good luck on your furniture shopping Kathy! I have a favorite Lane swivel rocker recliner back in Wisconsin that I bought for my birthday over 25 years ago! It was just the right size for me. I can't give it up.

Well, time to move! Have a great day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 07:00 AM   #3174  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Morning!

Jan, no standing on furniture!! You were lucking you didn't get hurt! It's the mom in me yelling at you! With five sons it was always something one of them would try!!

Shelly, congrats on ordering the keyboard. Makes sense for your schedule too!

Catherine, safe travels to you!

Hugs to all, I'm behind today so I need to move it move it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #3175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Alpha sisters!

Jan, omgoodness! That's quite a memory, I'm sure! I agree - no standing I stood up on a sled going down hill on an icy slope once as a kid - my friends had to tow me home with a broken arm! Never did that again either

Congrats, Shelly - new goodies are fun!

Ann, I need to move it move it along with you!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #3176  
Proud Fan Club Member

We found a motion recliner and chair but had to order with delivery at the end of March. But the other places we looked had delivery dates in october! I wasn't really looking for the electric motion recliner but this one caught our eye. My recliner rocker does not swivel but the one I have now doesn't either so it wasn't a deal breaker. We are in the parking lot at the Chinese food restaurant. I ordered on the way home and DH went into pick it up. We just need to get a mattress yet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 08:13 AM   #3177  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Good morning! Busy day for us, first, DH and I have to work. Then pack and hit the road for an 8 hour drive. My brother is expecting us at his house tonight (early this morning) to sleep there. Then we'll head on to Oregon on Friday stopping to see a friend on our way. He lives at a town that is about an hour from our destination which sounds simple, right? But, in that hour of travel (which can become much longer in winter), there is a steep and curvy grade that will probably have lots of snow. It is a famous grade in the trucking world - and not in a good way. So, I'm praying the freeway will be clear when we get to it.

I'm also praying for Jeffrey and his surgery today.

Congrats to your daughter on her new job, Kelly. And how fun that you were able to have a lunch date to celebrate that and your good news as well. Yes, I miss the like button too!

Kathy, I'm with you. I prefer smaller recliners. The big ones seem to push my head forward and I don't find that comfortable at all. We went with a simple couch, no recliner on it at all. Eventually we will have a coffee table or ottoman that will be welcome to put your feet up on. I've had too many friends who had problems with their built in recliners which led me to stay away from them. And I definitely think furniture shopping is challenging.

Kelly...purging your stamps? What is this concept? I do not understand! lol I have never purged my stamps and try to use them all but there are some sets I should probably part with. Maybe your discipline will rub off.

Gracie, i hope you enjoyed your relaxing evening. It is good to take a break.

Shelly, how fun that you FaceTime with your aunts and uncles - that they are tech savvy enough to do it. Kudos to them! You'll have to tell me how you like the keyboard. DD2 would like one that she can play in her room. I don't like keyboards, I much prefer an acoustic piano but that is just me.

Glad your hubby's test came back clear.

Jayne, glad you are sleeping better and that it was a cooler day. I can just picture you playing away on the keyboard!

Jan, too funny about Steve and his chair - though I'm sure he wasn't amused right then.

I always love to hear that kids are still learning to play instruments and piano is my favorite (I like my flute but piano is the best basic instrument). Hey, Jude, huh? Fun times, Jan.

Jan!!! My risk management SIL would get after you for standing on a swivel chair! (And since she is a risk manager, my mind is aware of risks more than it would be if she had a different profession.)

Gracie, that made me laugh that your DH has to tell you stop laughing so he can help you up! At least your funny bone didn't get broken!

Ann, do you need someone to crack the whip so you get moving?! lol I'm sure you don't.

Chat with you later - probably tomorrow though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #3178  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have osteoporosis so I'm extremely aware of dangerous things. But it will probably be the little things that I do normally that will trip me up!

DH took pictures of the new furniture so I'll see if he'll text them to me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #3179  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi ladies. I finished the sewing!!!!! Now I have a hundred miles of seam to clip. But first - lunch.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 09:14 AM   #3180  
Proud Fan Club Member

We got the sale price, even though they will arrive at a later date. What helped get stuff earlier than October is that it isn't a big name brand. But it's well built in Louisiana, so made in the USA! I can't get over the smooth glide recliners. The other place we looked today sells only lazy boy and they were the ones backed up through October! I don't care what brand name is on something as long as I like it and it's worth the money
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:37 AM   #3181  
Proud Fan Club Member

I took my parents for their lab work this morning. They had to fast so we like to get it done early. They were busy and we had over an hour to wait. later this afternoon they call and say that the specimens have expired and we will need to do them again! I guess it's an unusual situation with the carrier being late to get them to the lab and time. They did say that the urine specimen did not have to be done again. That's the good news. If they only knew how hard it is to get Dad in and out of the van twice... Luckily DH is able to go again tomorrow. But then we have to go down again Monday. The doctor's appointments on Monday are at 1 so we really don't want to do the lab work then because of the fasting. I'm trying to forgive and move on, but knowing we have to do this all again tomorrow is frustrating. The girl who did his labs was sweet. And they have a different way of drawing his blood. They insert a needle that is connected to a tube that runs to something that holds tubes in it. I think she called it a butterfly. I'll have to look it up it's hard to explain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #3182  
Proud Fan Club Member

So sorry Kathy. So disappointing about the expiring. I have never heard of something expiring. What a royal pain.
We have long waits here when we go for bloodwork now.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #3183  
Proud Fan Club Member

Idea

This picture isn't the best. It's a little blurry. But they insert the blood tubes into that bigger piece and fill the tube. Then they can pull the tube out and put another tube inside that. I guess they call it a butterfly because of that thing that looks like wings.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-screenshot_2021-02-25-15-40-11-649%7E2.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:45 AM   #3184  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
So sorry Kathy. So disappointing about the expiring. I have never heard of something expiring. What a royal pain.
We have long waits here when we go for bloodwork now.

Shirl
I have never heard of anything expiring either. So I called the doctor's office. Mom did not understand what they meant. Apparently it sat too long before getting to the lab. They said it is the courier's fault. I'm not sure if they were running behind or what happened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #3185  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble losing words. On our way home from the furniture store I called the Chinese place to order food and fumbled all over the place trying to place my order. DH helped me figure it out but it's frustrating. I couldn't think of sweet and sour chicken! That is what he wanted.

I just remembered it's Thursday and that's the day the little Amish restaurant makes soft pretzels! DH always gets us each one every Thursday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #3186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nice that you have furniture ordered Kathy! Happy days!
Sorry about the blood work! They must not do the testing on site. Someone must have messed up that you have to take them again.

No worries, Kathy, everyone forgets things!

I always have the little tiny baby needles when I have my blood drawn, otherwise they just wreck the vein right away. I am a hard stick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 12:54 PM   #3187  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Nice that you have furniture ordered Kathy! Happy days!
Sorry about the blood work! They must not do the testing on site. Someone must have messed up that you have to take them again.

No worries, Kathy, everyone forgets things!

I always have the little tiny baby needles when I have my blood drawn, otherwise they just wreck the vein right away. I am a hard stick!
You you are correct. The lab is not on site but it's one quarter of a mile away! The phlebotomist did tell Mom and Dad that they are both good sticks and Mom said she didn't feel a thing. So don't know if it was they have good veins or if it was the butterfly blood draw things used
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #3188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That’s frustrating to have to go back Kathy. Sorry you are having to do it twice. I can imagine how hard it is for you lifting etc. we found medical appointments frustrating and that was for ourselves. Hugs

Glad you found a couch and recliner. I like our electric one but I much prefer DH’s LazyBoy chair in the study with the handle and you just push it back to get out of it. It’s comfier too but I’d never say this to DH lol. With our new one you have to swipe it to get it to go down. I’ve never fallen out of one yet but give me time lol. I used to used my swivel chair to stand on like Jan though. Now I don’t as I’m way too clumsy. When I had to get some boxes down out of my cupboard in my craft room our little poppet said he would fetch the standing stool for me and then said he would do it. He couldn’t reach and I said no I’d do it. He’s been so considerate since I found out about my aneurysms. I have to stop and tell myself I just can’t do some things.

Gracie I wish you had been here and only one red lol.

I’m heading out to be shorn so I had better move.

safe trips Catherine and Shelly. Happy weekend everyone. Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 10:54 PM   #3189  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy good news on getting new furniture, so exciting
sorry you have to do bloods again, steve is lucky, our medical centre which it just across the road does all that, he goes every five weeks, 8.30am, it’s first in First served for sintrom, blood thinners tests but it’s usually quick as they have two nurses there, the hospital and hour away collects it and he has to collect the new schedule at 1pm, luckily for that he doesn’t have to fast, other bloods have an appointment starting at 8am, very quick too, luckily that’s only once a year.

catherine safe travels, hope the weather isn’t bad where you are heading,

jayne I need a haircut but I’m putting it off as I need my highlights doing, two hours it takes so I try to put it off.

we are having takeaway fish and chips today, we’ve only had breakfast out since last January 2020 but we’ve decided to walk and then collect lunch and drive to the beach to eat them. Got to get my cleaning done before we go and wash the bedding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 11:26 PM   #3190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan those were the days of eating fish and chips out of the paper with lots of salt and vinegar and scraps. We rarely do that these days. Too many flies lol. We are going out for a date night dinner..whoohoo. Enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 12:25 AM   #3191  
Forum Fanatic

Enjoy your meal Jayne, I’m not ready to eat at a restaurant although we can only eat on the terrace but there’s too many people for me to feel safe just yet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 05:01 AM   #3192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning to all my Alpha Sisters!!!

Yes, I am up early! LOL! Hope to get lots done today! We will see! Baking stuff is out on the stove top and wash is separated and ready to go!

You ask why I am so energetic today? Because tomorrow I get my first shot of the vaccine and I am getting things done early...just in case!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 05:13 AM   #3193  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning and hugs to you all.

Melody, that is an amazing amount of quilt squares you are assembling! Sounds like you are moving right along on it!

Happy Birthday, Sally!

Jayne, Peanut has been able to make his rounds of the neighborhood since the snow has melted quite a bit this week, so he’s not been looking in our picture window, but one of his cohorts has. This one is younger and not as fat, and it’s just as polite in taking a piece of bread gently from my fingers. We’ve had weather in the 40s and it’s beginning to look like Spring is coming one of these days!

Catherine, for a while after my mom passed I thought I saw her everywhere. Every elderly lady with dark hair in a certain style jolted my heart. It’s been over 20 years but occasionally I still see someone who slightly resembles her. And when Dad passed, he was in another state so there was no funeral, but stepmom brought his ashes here for a memorial. And every year on his birthday we go to a local boating dock where he loved to ski, and we sit around the picnic table and drink a Budweiser in his honor.

DH has had his second vaccine. His arm was very sore and throbbed like a toothache, but he said it feels better today. My second shot is in 2 weeks.

Kathy, I am so grateful for the hint about the green arrow, thanks again! And I’ve been losing words since I whacked my head in the horse-riding accident. They usually show up sooner or later, but I’m already done with that conversation by then! So aggravating, I know.

Jan, we are not ready to eat out yet either.

Hello to each of you. I’m working on a small Easter/Spring journal for a friend. I’ll post photos later.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #3194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I was gone yesterday and missed a lot! Praying for Catherine’s DD’s friend, and for Catherine’s family on their trip. Maybe there by now.

got my hair cut yesterday and nails done. I always feel better afterwards.

I have stood on a swivel chair before, Jan. Eke! I don’t think I fell, but not smart of me!

Kathy , when we moved three years ago, ( can’t believe it has been that long already!) we bought a couch with a manual recliner on each end. We love it! The middle section has a table you can move down. For company, we put it back up, and three people can set on the couch. I am glad you found what you wanted and could get it before October!

Ann , praying for you to have no reaction to the vaccine!

Jayne, date night, how fun. Our date night is watching college basketball! LOL

Melody, missed what you are sewing. Kudos to anyone who can sew, though! LOL

shelly, how fun, to get a keyboard, and to be able to take it with you. When our DGS as a youngster took piano lessons, he had a keyboard to take with him, so when they visited us, he could play for us.
Hi, Kelly, Shirl, and Gracie!

I need to get some stuff done, since I didn’t do anything yesterday, or any crafting either!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 06:03 AM   #3195  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Good morning to all my Alpha Sisters!!!

Yes, I am up early! LOL! Hope to get lots done today! We will see! Baking stuff is out on the stove top and wash is separated and ready to go!

You ask why I am so energetic today? Because tomorrow I get my first shot of the vaccine and I am getting things done early...just in case!
You are always wise and thinking ahead! Good for you. I plan like that too. Did you hear about the two women in Florida who were 35 and 45 but dressed with wigs and old clothes to make themselves look older so they could get the vaccine? They were found out after having gotten the first shot and we're told they would not be allowed to get the second and would have to start all over. Shame on them. I think they should have posted their pictures all over the news. I'm surprised they were able to get them because I'm sure their driver's licenses would have had to have been shown as ID.

Kandie I'm glad I was able to help by sharing about the green arrow. I've known about it a long time but just recently started using it.

I think I told you all that yesterday I took my parents for lab work and then they got a call that the samples didn't get to the lab on time and expired and I had to take them down again today to do it all over again. As hard as it is to get Dad in and out of the car, it seemed to go smoother today although they did not have the paperwork ready as they said they did. I'm really enjoying having DH retired because he helps me get Dad in and out of the car. My mom is just a tiny little thing. it's funny this morning she showed me a picture on her cell phone of herself. She said doesn't this picture look just like Grandma? She was right! But I'm surprised she could see it herself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #3196  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Sharon - a flannel rag quilt.

I've also been known to stand on a swivel chair. But I always make sure that I can hold onto something sturdy nearby.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 07:58 AM   #3197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

Ann, I love your energy and am happy you are off and running - good luck with your second dose!

Sharon, I bet you feel and look like a million bucks with your hair cut!

Kathy - I am in Florida and was shaking my head when I heard that story about the 2 women - somehow these crazy stories always seem to be Florida, lol. Shame on them is right - someone else could have used those.

Kandie, your story of mom brought back memories - the same happened with my dad. I even thought i'd hear him calling my name! I would say did anyone else just hear that? No one did - the mind and heart just love to hold on, I'd day.

I have a lot of errands to run today including one stop to Michaels - yay me!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 08:16 AM   #3198  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was hoping to find the new dirty girls thread so I could try to guess who they were and chat for a while. I thought they moved the unveiling to today but I can't find anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #3199  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all!

Kandie I love that Easter Journal! Amazing

Ann good luck with your first shot. We get our first one on Sunday at 4:30. Payson is having a 2 day drive through at the high school parking lot. The one we were scheduled for last Sat. didn't happen because of bad weather across the country and they didn't get vaccines.

Catherine have a safe trip! I hope the roads are good!

Melody can't wait to see that flannel quilt.

I really have to get my rear in gear and off this computer.

Hello Shelly, Sharon, Shirl, Kelly, Kathy, Sis, Jan, Jayne, Lynn, Linda, and anyone I've missed. I'm surprised I remembered that many names! Ha ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #3200  
Proud Fan Club Member

I remember Catherine was going to Oregon but I can't remember why? I tell everyone my memory is good, it's just short.
Reply With Quote Likes