Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2021, 08:02 AM   #3081  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good morning al!
The weather has gotten quite nice here and we are heading out for a walk soon.
I am working on my "S" card for this week. My MIL has been on my mind a lot since her funeral last week and this is the perfect challenge to pay tribute to her. She was a lover of all flowers and a great gardener. One of her faves was pansies so that's what I'll use.

Melody - I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

Kandie - Your journals are absolutely gorgeous! I hope Ed is doing better.

Catherine - I'm glad you are enjoying your new furniture.

Sharon - I hope the earthquakes have stopped.

Kelly - Glad you got good news. I went through that a few years ago and know how stressful those days in between are.

I have probably missed things because I had so much to catch up on. I hope everyone is doing well and has a relaxing Sunday.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:04 AM   #3082  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

We just talked to DD. She said the guy was about 65. Had a brother and ex-wife, but they didn't know if he had kept in contact with them. They thought he'd been dead about a week. DD didn't really know him well, but I'm sure it was still upsetting, talking to the police, etc.

The kids were at our house for lunch yesterday, and apparently DH had suggested that she knock and check, since she hadn't heard him going in and out.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:05 AM   #3083  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Melody, prayers for your daughter and hugs too. How terrible for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:06 AM   #3084  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Melody, how traumatic for your daughter! I'll keep her in my prayers and also, how sad for this man's family, whether they were in touch or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #3085  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Good morning, it is a bright and sunny day here. DD1 is at work, DD2 is asleep, and DH is busy working on projects. His project this morning is to wire some LED lights he bought for the garage to the switch so they'll all come on together.

I was busy yesterday evening making my sketch challenge samples for this coming Wednesday and the following Wednesday. Since we are going to my uncle's service in Oregon later this week, I wanted to work ahead.

I hope you are getting/got good rest, Jayne.

Gracie, you've been leaving love in my gallery, thank you! I don't usually buy coffee out either - though I do it a bit more often now. I make my French press coffee at home. Now there is a bottle of the Starbucks vanilla syrup in my kitchen with a pump and everything because of DD1.

Ann, sounds like a fun birthday celebrations and I'm jealous of your boys...home made eclairs....oh my!

Wow, Annette, you posted a BUNCH of cards all at once. So lovely too! I'm glad your weather has gotten nice.

Melody, what a hard experience for your DD, praying for her and for the man's family.

Well, I should get going on brunch. We eat it after DD1 gets home from work and DH already cleaned up the kitchen so it is ready to go. Yesterday I made a vegan tiramisu recipe because DD1 mentioned missing tiramisu. It was pretty good, I've already planned how I'll tweak it for next time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #3086  
Forum Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Melody how awful for your DD but thank goodness she checked,

gracie our son got his Christmas card today too , they must have all been together somewhere all this time.

I made a lemon meringue pie but made lemon curd as the filling so I could use some lemons, the tree is groaning with them all and now we have new buds on it. I also made a bakewell tart, Jayne will know what I mean , I had some pastry left.

ive been on a roll, I’ve made four cards this weekend for the alpha challenge, two I missed and two coming up, I used three card bases I already had and a bg piece I made on my gelli plate ages ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #3087  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I've been making cards this weekend too Jan! Trying to catch up on Alpha challenges. I need to do Q and R...before I know it will be time for S.

The U.S. Postal service must have held onto your cards as you must be suspected of international terrorism! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #3088  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Morning!!

Had grandkids yesterday so no crafting! GD birthday today so we celebrated yesterday! We baked brownies and cookies and she decorated the sheet cake of brownies for her birthday with swirls, formed candy and strawberry twizzlers! LOL!

Gorgeous journal Kandie!! So wonderfully done!

Squirrels can be so destructive too! Cute but when they need food and don't get it they start chewing on your house! My second son is experiencing this! The lady that lived next door to them fed the squirrels all the time, she moved and now they are hungry, started eating his garage!

Well off to get stuff done... think I will make eclairs for my boys today!
I wish you lived closer! Yum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #3089  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catherine, this was in my mail this weekend!

What goes with a gray couch?

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #3090  
Proud Fan Club Member

We looked at some couches today at Big Lots. I was surprised to see the carry Broyhill and Lane brands. But we didnt really find anything we wanted. I think we still want a couch with recliners on each end, but we definately want something that doesnt sit back so far. I found an interesting rocker recliner that also swiveled but i told DH i was afraid it would swivel as i go to sit down and id be on the floor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #3091  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Yay, we took the old couch and love seat to the dump today so it is out of our driveway. We borrowed my brother's pick up to make the run so took his trash too.

Jan, yum to lemon curd, so tasty! And I know about bakewell tarts after watching all those British Bake off seasons. I think the girls think I watched too much of it because now, when they bake something, I turn it over and tell them I'm looking to see if they have any soggy bottoms!

How did the eclairs turn out, Ann? I'm sure they were absolutely delicious.

That is funny that you got that in the mail, Kandie. That is precisely what I wanted to do, have a neutral couch that would go with different kinds of decor. Eventually, we want to replace the flooring with hard surface and then we'll have an area rug in the living room. The walls are being painted a very light gray and I think we are going to paint one wall a blue/teal color, haven't finalized that color yet. But the wall it will be going on has a lot of interruptions - window, doors, wood stove, etc so it won't be a huge amount of it.

Good luck with your couch search, Kathy.

I'd better get going on more steps, I haven't reached my target for today yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 07:52 PM   #3092  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Jan, I love lemon curd! Glad you are rolling out the cards!
And you too, Gracie!

Kathy, it can be hard shopping for a couch!

We just finished watching the last episode of All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. Anyone else watched it? It is a remake of a previous one which I had never seen. This one was just so good and we will miss watching it on Sunday nights. But a second season is in the wings at some point.

Catherine your decor plans sound good.

Ann, yum to all the baking with the grandkids. Fun! Yes, I guess one has to be careful about feeding the squirrels!

Annette sorry to hear about your mil.

Shelly, fun to connect with someone from nursing school!

Hugs to all,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #3093  
Proud Fan Club Member

Im probably the only one here that is a Walking Dead fan, but we get new episodes starting next week!!! I think my fascination came from the virus that turned everyone to a "walker" when they died. Its a show that constantly makes you wonder what if? And they delve into human behavior, which is sometimes worse than dealing with the dead walkers!

I also watched a movie last night called "Greenland." I didn't realize that this is a fairly new movie. I had just heard someone mention it on YouTube and I checked our local library and saw that they had it. I can reserve an item online and they email me when it's ready. So we got it yesterday and watched it last night. It has Gerard Butler as the main character. A comet is approaching earth and his family has been selected to be flown to Greenland. They have bunkers there that will withstand disaster. The story takes you through he and his family's attempts to get to the airport and eventually to Greenland. I'm an action movie fan. And this had plenty of action in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #3094  
Proud Fan Club Member

Have not heard of Greenland. Will look for it. On Fri. night we watched Midnight Sky on netflix with George Clooney. Very good!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #3095  
Proud Fan Club Member

Our library doesnt have that one yet but ill keep checking! Thanks. I was surprised they had Greenland since it is in New Releases at Walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 09:30 PM   #3096  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl we are watching a fly on the wall documentary about a veterinary practice in the village of skeldale where all creatures great and small was filmed, they have a statue of James Herriot too, the two men are so caring, it’s mainly farm animals bu it’s amazing the things they do,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #3097  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I knew you would know what a Bakewell tart is seeing as you watch the baking program, I made steve a jam pasty too and I had to turn it over as it had a soggy bottom, ha,ha, bit like me!

we’ve had strange weather, very hazy and so thick the sun couldn’t break through, it was so windy on the seafront yesterday, we saw our Spanish friends Maria and Patrice, it’s hard to recognise people wearing a mask, it’s the first time they’ve been allowed to their holiday apartment, it was hard talking what with the wind and wearing masks, we were talking Spanglish,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 10:12 PM   #3098  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jan, I will look for that documentary!

Tonight on Netflix we watched Fisherman's Friends, a true story. Man, was it good and great music!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 04:33 AM   #3099  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl the documentary is called Yorkshire Vet and they work from the actual vets surgery that James Herriot owned and the voice over is done by Christopher Timothy who played James Herriot, so steve tells me! Hope you can find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:00 AM   #3100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Annette, I am so sorry to hear of your MIL's passing. Your family will be in my prayers.

Melody what a scary time for your daughter. So very frightening to have to experience something like that.

Good for you, Jan, on completing 4 Alpha cards. I am still playing catch up on the newest round. I think I will be caught up after two more.

Catherine, it's great to have a friend with a truck!! I have had to call on one more than once!

Finally got a call from the city last night calling off the boil ban on our drinking water following last week's winter storm. I fared better than most in Texas. I never lost power or water. Just had to boil the water. Hopefully today more supplies will be delivered and stores will have produce, water, milk, eggs, etc. in stock.

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:35 AM   #3101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha Sistahs. Sorry. Just a. Quick flyby eyes are not doing so well and not feeling well either. But. I figures. I was over due for a drop in ....
a few. Things I. Way back on and that congrats. Sis Melody and sis Lynn on your making the dirty girls

sis Kathy glad you got your card cause I still have sis shirl's waiting on a ride to the po ...
yeps I havnt been out the house in forever seem my legs are. Playing follow the leader after my eye . Gladly appreciate all your prayers Sistahs and Sistahs that need them I have added to my already daily one for all my loving and amazing Sistahs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:38 AM   #3102  
Forum Fanatic

Hi sis Vicki, pleased to see you, just take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:48 AM   #3103  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Because a garage is so nutritional for them. Maybe they just need to chew.

Melody, that must have been very upsetting. I live alone and quite honestly, I think about that. No one checks in on me on a daily basis.

Happy Monday everyone. 3-4 inches of fresh heavy snow last night here in WI. Can't remember the last winter we had so much. Probably wasn't that long ago, I guess I just have selective memory.

I don't understand why employees in a Target Starbucks are treated the same. I used to work in a Target in HR and I would be part of offering jobs to people who interviewed for Target Starbucks. Starbucks wasn't even active in hiring them. So to call them Starbucks employees isn't really correct, I think. Well, I just bought something at the Target one here because I was there but I won't anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 05:57 AM   #3104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

And that Yorkshire Vet series is very good...I think it's on Netflix...maybe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 06:15 AM   #3105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi hi sweet sis Jan....toodles all muahugggz !

}}}}}Jayne{{{{{{ Wakey Wakey!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 06:33 AM   #3106  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Morning all!!
Hello Victoria, good to hear from you! Prayers for your health!

Yes, garages must be so good for the squirrels! My son is not too happy about it!

Yes, lots of snow last night, more then the weather people said we were to get.

What's everyone up to today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:00 AM   #3107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Lynn, glad to hear you never lost power and things are looking better for you now.

Melody, what a terrible experience for your daughter, so glad , though, that she followed your DH advice and checked on hi, So sad.

I can’t remember all I read.

Hawaiian, so glad to hear from you, and I have kept you in my daily prayers, and will keep praying.

here is a funny I saw on FB.

Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-95b07617-4938-4524-8b60-748ba18b2100.jpg

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:01 AM   #3108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The only thing missing is chocolate! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:22 AM   #3109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, whoa, where is that store??? I need to get there ASAP, lol.

Kathy, I was a huge Walking Dead fan until one episode nearly made me vomit, and I never went back.

I’ll check out Greenland, I too love action and adventure!

Shirl, speaking of squirrels, have you ever seen a cartoon with those little desert rodents that pop their heads up from holes? I can’t think of what they are called. Anyway, Peanut, or Fat Boy as DH calls it, was on the ledge eating bread yesterday, and I walked outside to add another piece of bread to his pile, and suddenly all these squirrel heads popped up out of the snow, lol.

Catherine, I love the idea of teal around the doors and windows in one wall, what a lovely accent wall that would be!

Off to get this day started! Have a great day, each one of you!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #3110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

prairie dogs, Kandie.

Great sign, Sharon.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #3111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

or meerkats.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 08:31 AM   #3112  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, so happy to hear you were faring better than most these last few days. Thanks for your update.

Jan, thanks for the title of the documentary! So, I am now curious as to what is fly on the wall, lol.

Have a crafty day or a day that goes well for ya!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #3113  
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, I'm sorry I missed your MIL's passing! Prayers for your family.

Sharon, I'd live in that aisle! Yes, add chocolate and it would be perfection.

Kandie, i close my eyes when the gross stuff is coming. Im sure id get dick if i watched that stuff too.

Its snowing here but slowing down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 09:34 AM   #3114  
Forum Fanatic

I was going to say meerkats too.

Shirl fly on the wall, a live show that follows people doing their jobs, there’s also another show called Yorkshire shepherdess, It follows a family of farmers, Amanda is about twenty years younger than her husband and they have loads of kids, it’s interesting as the kids all help even the little three year old, I love watching that one too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #3115  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon , I love that sign, me to a T.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #3116  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine we had Cornish pasties for dinner, I bet you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 10:00 AM   #3117  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, just saw that sign. That is too funny!

Jan, thanks for the show info.

Trying to get out to do some errands but keep getting distracted by various things. I did get some things put away till next Christmas, just now and the other day, I had a ton of Christmas cards, we have been sent over the years, (bought ones), that I just got rid of.

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #3118  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just googled Yorkshire Vet, but it is on Acorn tv. which we have not subscribed to. Yet, lol.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #3119  
Proud Fan Club Member

I keep hearing a noise on the front porch. I thought it was the cats in the neighborhood because I have food out but it turns out it is birds! They are eating some cat food. So I put some sunflower seeds out for them too. I have a bird feeder in the back but it was surrounded with blue jays this morning. Those little buggers don't like sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #3120  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!

Yesterday, Ray and I celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary. We had a nice and quiet day together. I snuck on SCS when he fell asleep watching sports for a bit : ) But nothing productive......

Annette, off to check out your gallery : )

Ann- my neighbor MaryAnn and hubby feed the squirrels- first corn on the cob dried out- they love corn, and then peanuts. I then have to go buy squirrel deterrents as they love to get onto /into the bird feeders. They are quite entertaining...... We have gray squirrels and brown/orangish too. The gray squirrels are much more athletic than the brown ones. I just learned from my sis that you can crush egg shells after cleaning, and put them in the over for 10 or so minutes, and put them out and the birds love them-especially blue Jays- good source of protein...... I do not use many eggs- but will try it.
Oh- the squirrels and bird feeders brings big hawks to the yard as well .

Sharon- that is a great funny- that has to be a fantastic aisle in that store!

Funny- the sun is out and it's 32 here today- and I am hot in my winter coat : )

Waving hello to all, off to be productive before my 4PM Physical Therapy.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes