Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2021, 06:56 AM   #3001  
Proud Fan Club Member

I just checked and our electric company finally got our payment! I mailed it january 25th and it was due february 8th. They applied it february 11. Im just glad i dont have to stop payment on it because thats over $35! And we should be getting the next bill any day now! That only had to go about an hour away, so im not sure what the holdup was. And apparently it happened to more than just us.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #3002  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm looking forward to card class day because it's on my birthday. I will have extra money to spend because the ladies usually all chip in $10 each which allows me an extra $60 to shop with! they also plan the snacks and I know we're having my favorite seven layer salad. Cant wait!
Old 02-18-2021, 07:16 AM   #3003  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, what a fun birthday card class! Whooo Hooo! I'd better get your card in the mail! Ooops!
Old 02-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #3004  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Our neighborhood squirrel, so tame it gently takes food out of your hand. He showed up at our front door a few days ago, and I always have a bag of bread to throw out for the birds. Now he jumps up on the outside windowsill every morning waiting for a treat. Take a look at the snow on his nose!

. Oh yes, he also seems to be a camera hog.
What a darling squirrel. My mom has several squirrels that come up on her deck and look for treats! They are such fun to watch!
Old 02-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #3005  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, the squirrel (the neighbor named him Peanut) is back, wandering up and down the picture window ledge and looking at us. Little pig. No wonder he’s so fat and furry. Dusty used to bark like crazy at him but now she just snorts, yawns and goes back to sleep.

Catherine, I forgot Sallie is in Texas too, and thanks for the birthday reminder. I totally forgot to check my Alpha birthday list!

Computer issues (and every other electronic device ever created) are so aggravating!

YAY on your new couch arrival! Do you have it yet? So exciting that now you can continue with paint and lighting, I’m so glad!

I never knew one state could convert energy to redirect to another state.

Sharon, I always close doors and drawers when I get something out, but I’m so bad at not putting stuff back where it belongs!

Ann, you are marvelous helping your granddaughter, and she is blessed that you can help her!

Rebekah, you have given me verification now about the vaccine having nothing to do with my hair. I need to warn my DDIL. She had a terrible Covid case and has the loveliest long brown hair. However, it’s not colored, so that may be the issue with us people who are trying to hide the gray.

Dagmar, I’m so glad you finally received your Valentine card! I love all of you Alpha sisters and enjoy sending goodies in the mail.

Due to the mail, speaking of, maybe I’d better get Easter cards ready now and mailed so they actually arrive by Easter, lol.

Peanut is back, standing totally upright looking in the window. We are laughing, ad Dusty is ignoring him completely.

Good morning, everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #3006  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Exciting day yesterday as I came home to a couch and love seat in the living room as well as the new couch sectional. It was a full room! We got the old ones hauled out to the driveway to be hauled to the dump tomorrow. (Kathy, our couch was still comfortable but the upholstery was threadbare. I asked about re-upholstering it and that would have been more expensive than our new one.)

DD2 also finished painting the ceiling in the entry and hallways so DH & I went to Home Depot to pick out a new light for the entry.

I'm attaching before/after photos of the couches and lights. Couches semi modeled by the cute doggie!

It was a chilly 36 degrees here this morning which would be a heat wave for a lot of you but Honey just stood there and shivered when I took her out. I told she should hurry up and pick her spot so she could go back inside!

Kathy, how nice that you found a couch and rocker/recliner that you loved so easily! May you have that kind of success again.

I hope to look at the tutorial and give it a try.

Yay, Dagmar, I'm glad your snow and ice are gone and that the birthday card made it to you!

Oh my goodness, Kandie, Peanut is adorable! What a cute smile inducing smile!

Kathy, it certainly makes you wonder what happened to that envelope you mailed to the electric company.

Kandie, my understanding is that the electric grid is all interconnected but that is the first time I have been aware of being asked to conserve energy so it can be redirected to another state. Praying they have the power back on in Texas, I can't imagine that cold with no power too!

OK, now we'll see if I am able to attach photos!

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-8274679d-7a8a-4b8c-b0d0-660c49b497d3_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-c733f861-1fcf-4fdb-ab4d-23beb5fd4d78_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-e8217a3a-2cbd-45b8-b435-6555ed925d7f_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-38694c4a-3cac-4755-96b4-90f7eed4569e_1_201_a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-345d877a-8294-4496-9bda-c446e10150b0_1_201_a.jpg  

Old 02-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #3007  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The old couch and love seat (I didn't attach a photo of the love seat), were given to us and very comfortable but I never liked the fabric.

I didn't get a before photo of the light while it was on the ceiling, I'm holding the exterior of it in the fourth photo.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #3008  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Cute, Kandie. Just don't let him get into your attic or such. They can really do a lot of damage.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-18-2021, 08:01 AM   #3009  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay, Catherine. Looks like Honey isn't quite sure on the new furniture. Probably doesn't have the right smell and texture. LOL
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-18-2021, 08:06 AM   #3010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You are correct, Melody, Honey isn't too sure about it. She definitely doesn't like change!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #3011  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I like your new couch and light fixture! Yay! Poor Honey, she just doesn't know what to think. Dogs and cats are creatures of habit! I'm sure she misses the smells of the old couch.

Have a great Friday all! We are going for a road trip today with our neighbors. It's sunny and in the 50's, so a good day for a drive. Hope things are warming up for everyone. I feel so bad for all of those without power.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #3012  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon! DH is shoveling snow, but temperatures have warmed up to 17;today instead of minus 17! Whahoo! LOL. Envious of your 50s Gracie!
Pretty sectional, Catherine. Looks comfy , too, despite what Honey thinks about it! LOL
i love that light fixture, too.

Kayhy, the mail seems so weird lately, some things quick , others so slow! Sounds like you have great things planned for your birthday!

DH just came in and said it is warm out there. LOL. All relative, I guess.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #3013  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I love the new sofa and light fitting, so exciting for you all.

well our youngest son in SF is 47 today, yikes, makes us feel old,ha,ha,

weather here is beautiful, we haven’t had a fire for four days again it’s so warm in the evenings, we had to take the car into the dealership as Steve’s iPhone wouldn’t connect to Bluetooth, we dropped it off walked to the beach, did our walk, just ordered breakfast when the phone rang, it was finished, it just needed and update on the computer, steve always says the more gadgets the more than can go wrong.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:17 AM   #3014  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie he’s very cute, we used to go to a holiday park and the squirrels would come on the decking to be fed, Steve’s friend was a game keeper who said they were vermin, only good to be made into Davy Crockett hats!
Old 02-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #3015  
Proud Fan Club Member

Love the new couch! I was looking at something similar but we need to decide if we want recliners on both ends or not. DH only uses the recliner on one end, but mostly he likes to lay down on it. I still would like a recliner that rocks, like what i have.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:51 PM   #3016  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine you new couch looks gorgeous!

Kandie, I will have to show dh your squirrel. We enjoy seeing squirrels on our walks lately. Peanut is super cute!

Aw, Jan, you can't be that old, lol......Happy Birthday to your son!

Shirl
Old 02-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #3017  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, everyone, we are excited to have it. This is the first couch we have purchased in our married life (over 30 years). It's about time, wouldn't you say? Today DD2 has been working on painting the hall walls. We want to get into the living room and paint but, the paintings were already down in the hall so it made sense to start there.

Gracie, it is warmer there than here. I hope your road trip has gone well.

Sharon, that is the funny thing about weather, it is definitely relative. When it first warms up to the 70s after winter, it feels so hot but I know that later in summer, I'll be wishing for a day in the 70s! I'm glad it has warmed up for you!

Jan, I was just wondering about you. Happy birthday to your DS!

And yes, I agree with Steve about the more gadgets, the more things can go wrong!

Kathy, this is simply a sectional, no recliners at either end. When I was at my brother's in Idaho, he and his wife had new his/her recliners that I really liked. I should ask where they got them. I really liked them because they are smaller. The big, oversized recliners I don't find comfortable.

We used to have two lovely, small sized Laz-y-boy rocker recliners that I really liked but they wore out.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #3018  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I love, love, love your sectional. The color and pillows are fabulous!

DH went to the ER around noon to get the staples out. The ER doctor did get the staples out, but noticed a soft spot in the middle of the injury, which turned out to be bleeding under the skin. The doctor asked who in the world treated him, and DH said, your ER doctor on duty the day I fell. It took several hours to get the bleeding stopped. I picked him up around 5 and brought him home. He now has stitches because the doctor had to see where he was bleeding. He is home with more bandages around his head than he had the first time, a lot of pain, and just plain disgusted with everything. And especially with himself for falling in the first place, like he really could have stopped that from happening. I feel so bad for him.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:25 PM   #3019  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, that is such a bummer for Ed. I will continue praying for him (and you).

Old 02-18-2021, 06:28 PM   #3020  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kandie. So sorry to hear he has gotten stitches again. Praying for quick healing now!

Old 02-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #3021  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, Kandie, I'm so sorry to read this about your DH. Praying for both of you!

(And thanks about the sectional!)
Old 02-18-2021, 09:40 PM   #3022  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie, poor Ed, hope he starts to heal soon, blood thinners really do cause problems , steve has scars all over where he’s cut himself or even bites that never heal completely,

Old 02-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #3023  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, your journal is beautiful! Mulberry paper - how intriguing!

Jan - I look forward to seeing your waterfall card, although I'm bewildered on the Q!

I hope now I'm back to normal routine I can get caught up!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Old 02-19-2021, 01:03 AM   #3024  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie so sorry to hear about Ed. What an ordeal he’s having. Hugs
Peanut is soooo cute.

Catherine great couch/sectional and colour. Glad it’s finally arrived.

Happy birthday to your boy Jan. Yep the more gadgets, the more goes wrong..that’s my hubby’s sentiments too.

Gracie, so glad you are having your vaccines tomorrow. Wish we could have ours. I want the Pfizer one but doubt we will get it. They roll ours out from Monday.

Ann, do you help your DGD online or face to face? That’s fun and what DH did during our lockdown last year with DGS. It’s so special for you both.

Hope everyone is keeping warm or cool depending on where you are and have power. What a mess Texas is. Sad.

I need to keep moving.

waving to you all and happy weekend

Last edited by Ozpom; 02-19-2021 at 01:08 AM..
Old 02-19-2021, 03:14 AM   #3025  
Forum Fanatic

Kelly, Quadruple! Someone mentioned it so four dinosaurs, that the best I could do!
the waterfall card was going for Q four falling pieces but I will keep that for the technique challenge instead.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:18 AM   #3026  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne they are talking of putting spain and the USA in the red zone for quarantine so we would have to pay nearly four thousands before we were allowed to the uk, our neighbours told steve they looked into the tests, it would cost six hundred euros for four tests, then cost of the ferries, quarantine etc, they are like us, just waiting.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:18 AM   #3027  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Hugs to you all.

Just a heads up. VSN mini is today - starts at 5:00 Eastern time.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:22 AM   #3028  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm starting to hear birds sing a bit more so there is hope....
VSN snuck up on me...I rarely go on the homepage anymore, maybe it was advertised there?
Old 02-19-2021, 05:58 AM   #3029  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Catherine, your couch is gorgeous!! Honey looks a bit scared of it! LOL!

Jayne, we FaceTime and her mom sends me the lessons so I have them too. It helps my DIL have the time with the younger one if someone is working with the other one. I feel so bad for parents during this pandemic.

Off to get my day moving! Hugs to all, stay warm!
Old 02-19-2021, 06:54 AM   #3030  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! 8:00 this morning we had an earthquake out of Oklahoma 4.2, and we felt it here. Again, it feels like a truck hits the house. Glad it wasn’t starting again here! 25 earthquakes in January February out of here were enough! I hope our plates stopped moving for another hundred years! LOL

thanks Melody for the heads up about VSN. I will check for sneak peeks.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:58 AM   #3031  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Holy cats, 25!!!????? I wonder if they could be connected to the cold temps. In WI, we have been known to have the ground heave a bit in the winter.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:16 AM   #3032  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, as usual I missed making you a birthday card. Many hugs and cheerful wishes from me to you.

Thank you for all the well-wishes for Ed, my DH. I told him and he waved and said thanks so much. He appreciates it. He spent a miserable night sitting up on the couch. The bandage goes over his head and under his chin to keep it in place. He said it just throbs. Gosh I hope he heals soon.

Dusty has had an exciting morning. UPS delivered an ink cartridge, and five minutes later Amazon dropped off a partial order, another bookbinding book, some medicated moisturizer for my ornery skin, and a Eileen Hull Sizzix XL die for cutting journals. I’d better finish the one I’m doing first or I’ll have an even bigger mess than I have right now!

Good morning, everyone!

(all the warnings on the home page of things the techs are working on!). Can’t wait until the Like button comes back so I know where I left off reading, lol.

Old 02-19-2021, 07:31 AM   #3033  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, oh my gosh, so many earthquakes! Maybe old mother earth is like us when we sleep...she keeps shifting because she can't get comfortable. LOL Hope you get some warm weather soon.

Kandie, poor Ed, what an ordeal he's had with his head injury. I sure hope this is the end of it now! Very frustrating for him.

Well, because of bad weather across the country, our vaccine shipment was delayed so we can't get our Covid 19 shot tomorrow. Bummer. I just want it done and over with so I don't have to think about it any more.

Catherine, I have a small rocker recliner back in Wisconsin that I love. It's just the right size. Most of them are so huge now. How is Honey enjoying the new couch now? She looked so confused, poor girl. What fun for you with new paint, fixtures and furniture...it will be like a new home!

Jan, when you remarked about Steve's cuts and bites not healing because of blood thinners, I thought who is biting him! LOL Then I realized you must mean bug bites! I'm so daft sometimes!

Melody, I forgot all about VSN mini, I haven't been crafting lately...maybe that will be the motivation I need to get going again. Thanks for the reminder.

Ann, how wonderful that you can help out DIL with homeschooling. It's so hard for parents now. I sure hope things get back to somewhat normal SOON. Take care!

Jayne, I hope you had a good day and your back is feeling better. I'm glad you were able to get out and golf a bit!

Well, I'd better get going or I'll never get in my craft room! Sending hugs and warmer weather to everyone!

Old 02-19-2021, 07:40 AM   #3034  
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy moly, FOUR squirrels sitting on the ledge of our picture window! I know which one is Peanut, so from now on he gets a bite in the morning, and the rest of the bread goes out in the yard!!!

(Dusty is in seventh heaven!)

Old 02-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #3035  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Holy moly, FOUR squirrels sitting on the ledge of our picture window! I know which one is Peanut, so from now on he gets a bite in the morning, and the rest of the bread goes out in the yard!!!

(Dusty is in seventh heaven!)
Kandie, the word has spread! You are a squirrel whisperer now and they all know you will feed them! LOL
Old 02-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #3036  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ladies, I don't know how many of you do this, but if you subscribe to this particular thread with instant emails, you will get a notification in your email. Follow the link and at the top of the thread will be the words "view first unread". Click on it and it should take you to the spot you left off. --- unless, maybe if you had the thread open and didn't read it all... (I think).

Old 02-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #3037  
Proud Fan Club Member

You don't even need to go that far. If you click on the little colored arrow to the left of the thread title it will take you to the first new post since you were last here
Old 02-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #3038  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy - thank you for that! I learned something new today

I just got confirmation from my dr that my tests are back and everyone looks clean and clear! I had a biopsy done that just stunned me to my core - it was a grueling wait, but heading into the rest of this year with a smile! PTL!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Old 02-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #3039  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, so glad it was good news! PTL!
Old 02-19-2021, 09:53 AM   #3040  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, celebrating with you. Great news!

Kandie, prayers for Ed continuing. Dh loved your pic of Peanut and I agree with Gracie, the word is out in squirrel land, lol...Go to the Ryans!

Sharon, more earthquakes! Sheesh!

How are our alpha sisters doing in Texas?

Ann, hugs back atcha!

Shirl