Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #2521  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Jan and Jayne, I'm watching the Great British Baking Show and have a question for you. I thought biscuit in England was the same as a cookie in the US but, on this show, they talk about both biscuit and cookie. I get the impression for a biscuit to up to Paul Hollywood's standard, it must be crisp. So, my question for you both is what is the difference between a biscuit and cookie in England.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 06:34 PM   #2522  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 93 Likes on 58 Posts

Almost forgot my musical mice for Linda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 07:12 PM   #2523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

it okay I just wanted you know incase in send too other people...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Oh, no, it was torn when you received it ? So sorry about that, Linda.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 07:14 PM   #2524  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks that's too cute.... [QUOTE=muscrat;22047156]Almost forgot my musical mice for Linda! [/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #2525  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Catherine I always thought a biscuit was a cookie although maybe cookies can be soft biccies. Jan what’s your interpretation? We always referred to biscuits as biscuits when I was growing up irrespective of their fillings. We never used the term cookie until I heard it mentioned in the States. Cakes were cakes..or bread cakes lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 09:04 PM   #2526  
Forum Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Jayne I agree that growing up a biscuit was a cookie whatever flavour or shape, I’m just guessing that maybe they call something a cookie if it’s softer as you said Catherine, Paul Hollywood always says biscuits have to have a snap, chocolate chip are always called cookies as they are chewy.

do you like the program Catherine? We always watch it, I managed to get Paul’s baking cook book for free a few years ago from iBooks although it uses lots of meat!! Not sure what series you are watching, I prefer it now with Prue instead of mary berry and I really like Noel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 09:16 PM   #2527  
Forum Fanatic

Congratulations to Shelly and Lynn, well deserved, sorry I just catching up, got carried away yesterday with my journal after we got home

Linda , Happy Birthday, hope you have a lovely day.

we have to take the car to the dealership this morning, leaving home yesterday a light came on the dashboard, well two lights , then a message about toxic filters so drive careful to have it checked, scared me but the man at the service department took one look and said it’s no problem to drive the car it’s the filters need changing, then Just as steve is reversing out we notice a third light so I ran back in to tell him and he said it’s all the same thing!! it’s not due it’s service until May , it’s alright having these computers with messages but they scare me when they pop up, when the fuel runs low it does these little beeping noising that always makes us jump, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #2528  
Forum Fanatic

So annoying, I saw online that a shop has some really good priced garden furniture but we can’t go as we aren’t allowed out of Mazarron, can’t buy with trying so we will have to wait until the shops near us have some, weather is beautiful at the moment, I didn’t even have a sweater on yesterday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:47 AM   #2529  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning! Brrrrr here! I tried going to the mailbox with just a sweater on and froze! 22 degrees at the moment, dropping down to 10 tonight with -wind chills!!!

Be right back, DH just handed me his empty coffee cup. He has a dog sleeping next to him so he can’t get up!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:53 AM   #2530  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie, sounds cold, it’s like a hot summers day here, 23c

had to wait nearly three hours for the car, we walked had takeaway coffee and croissant sat on the marina, shopped, sat on a bench and listened to a podcast before it was ready, all good now but time drags when you are waiting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:55 AM   #2531  
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lynn and Melody, CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEWEST DIRTY GIRLS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:55 AM   #2532  
Forum Fanatic

Yikes that’s translating to 71f, it’s mid winter here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 05:05 AM   #2533  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy, happy birthday Linda!

Congrats to our new Alpha Dirty girls!!!

Catherine, I don’t grade anything. I help her see what is wrong, but I don’t grade anything. 2nd grade. Maybe if we were to do homeschool on a long term basis, I would but for just this year I haven’t.

I have not received damaged mail in a long time, but in the last month, I’ve gotten one card back t one that was literally cut in half diagonally. And a book a friend sent me...totally out of the packaging, but thankfully the book was unscathed. Not sure how that happened lol. Also, I’m waiting for the 2nd monthly sticker club envelope to arrive. I signed up little man for it too, since they both love getting happy mail. Thankfully Phebe didn’t get the mail the day her’s arrived, b/c I was able to hide it until Asher’s arrives. But his hasn’t arrived. At least today I get to finally email them back and say it has NOT arrived and they will send another one out. Sheesh!!

Sipping my smoothie and trying to get the energy flowing going lol. Sadly, I didn’t get up early this morning. The depths of winter are kicking me good.

Beautiful full moon when I did get up though. So pretty.

Time to focus and get the kiddos ready for the day....they’ve already had breakfast and ran off to play so it’s always hard to pull them away from the play to finish getting ready for the day. It’s nice when we can start school at 8:15, but it rarely happens.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 05:09 AM   #2534  
Forum Fanatic

Don’t get me started on mail deliveries, our son sent a registered letter from England three weeks ago and it arrived today, DIL sent books before Christmas that still haven’t arrived, our sons parcel got to Madrid and they sent it back to SF,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 05:11 AM   #2535  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yesterday I put together bios of the top 20 actors to play Sherlock Holmes. My favorite, Basil Rathbone, is number 1. Jonny Lee Miller of Elementary fame is #6 and Benedict Cumberbatch - drool - is #7. It was fun to read the stories. I’ll put them into my Sherlock journal today. Or tomorrow.

Has anyone heard of Kraft Tex? It’s a leather-like paper that can be washed. I heard about it in my search for bookbinding material. Yesterday I found on Pinterest how to make purses and other things with Kraft Tex. I did order a sample pack from Amazon, so today I might try a small sewing project, a key fob. It’s only straight lines so hopefully I won’t mess it up, lol.

What’s going on for each of you today? DH is going to get his vaccination this morning for the virus.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 AM   #2536  
Proud Fan Club Member

Mail deliveries... I had ordered a stamp on Amazon. I didn’t realize where it was shipped from until it arrived. Kyrzbecistan or some country ending in Stan. DH said the package looked like it had been run over with every mail truck between there and here. Tons of tire tracks and dirt on it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 06:33 AM   #2537  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Morning! It's currently 0 degrees here! So very cold, and then figure in the windshield and its well below zero!

Congrats again to Melody and Lynn!! So happy for our Alpha family!

Kandie, are you eligible to go for the vaccine yet? Starting this week in WI the over 65 group may get the shot if any is available and you can get an appointment.

Off to get moving today! Lots to do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 07:45 AM   #2538  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Thank you so much, ladies, for all your kind words. I'm super excited to be in the dirt pile.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 07:52 AM   #2539  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

There's another Spring VSN Hostess Call-Out!! Parks and Recreation.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #2540  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Good wet morning! We have rain, rain, rain and I'm so thankful! Not only because CA always needs rain but also because it is rain and not snow!

Sorry, Jan and Jayne, I posted the question and then went to work grading papers. I'm also trying to get to bed earlier (during cold and flu season at least). The confusion, for me, was that I thought biscuit in England was comparable to cookie in the US. But then Paul Hollywood always says it isn't a biscuit if it doesn't have the snap.

Jan, I do enjoy the show which surprises me a little. I always say I could never go on a show like that - too stressful - and then DH says, "What if it was a card making competition?" I think that would be too stressful too! I've been watching whatever series they have on Netflix and, somehow, didn't get to watching them in order so I'm at the earlier seasons with Mary Berry and Sue and Mel. I like Noel but I think I find Sue and Mel funnier.

I agree, Jan, sometimes these warning messages on our vehicles can be scary until we know more about them. I'll mention something to DH and he'll say, "Oh, its fine for another x number of miles!" My thought is always "let's get it fixed right away before it does further damage." And yes, time definitely drags when you are waiting. Glad your car is all good now.

Brrrr, Kandie, that is chilly. I don't think we've gotten down into the 20s, perhaps in the middle of the night. We've been hanging out in the 30s and 40s.

Rebekah, that is the approach I took when we were in the lower grades with my girls. But, this is DD2's senior year of high school - not something I ever wanted to do with home schooling but here we are. Have a lovely home schooling day!

Kandie, DD2 LOVED Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I watched some of it with her and it was quite interesting. That is crazy that there were tire tracks on your package, what on earth?

Brrrr, Ann, that is cold!

Oh, I just looked at the time. Off to work for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:28 AM   #2541  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Thank you for this special shout out...thinking, thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:29 AM   #2542  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Question about the Teapotter’s challenge...when do we usually get our last week assignment of who to send a card to? I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get missed. I posted that I would like to participate. I know she is a busy lady, but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:29 AM   #2543  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Thank you so much, ladies, for all your kind words. I'm super excited to be in the dirt pile.
Love your new avatar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #2544  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Good wet morning! We have rain, rain, rain and I'm so thankful! Not only because CA always needs rain but also because it is rain and not snow!

Sorry, Jan and Jayne, I posted the question and then went to work grading papers. I'm also trying to get to bed earlier (during cold and flu season at least). The confusion, for me, was that I thought biscuit in England was comparable to cookie in the US. But then Paul Hollywood always says it isn't a biscuit if it doesn't have the snap.

Jan, I do enjoy the show which surprises me a little. I always say I could never go on a show like that - too stressful - and then DH says, "What if it was a card making competition?" I think that would be too stressful too! I've been watching whatever series they have on Netflix and, somehow, didn't get to watching them in order so I'm at the earlier seasons with Mary Berry and Sue and Mel. I like Noel but I think I find Sue and Mel funnier.

I agree, Jan, sometimes these warning messages on our vehicles can be scary until we know more about them. I'll mention something to DH and he'll say, "Oh, its fine for another x number of miles!" My thought is always "let's get it fixed right away before it does further damage." And yes, time definitely drags when you are waiting. Glad your car is all good now.

Brrrr, Kandie, that is chilly. I don't think we've gotten down into the 20s, perhaps in the middle of the night. We've been hanging out in the 30s and 40s.

Rebekah, that is the approach I took when we were in the lower grades with my girls. But, this is DD2's senior year of high school - not something I ever wanted to do with home schooling but here we are. Have a lovely home schooling day!

Kandie, DD2 LOVED Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I watched some of it with her and it was quite interesting. That is crazy that there were tire tracks on your package, what on earth?

Brrrr, Ann, that is cold!

Oh, I just looked at the time. Off to work for me!

I have a senior too, though I’m not homeschooling her. She has been doing her whole year virtually. She says she will go back for the last quarter! We’ll see! I’m enjoying homeschooling for the most part, though it’s beginning to feel like the too long summer vacation where everyone is ready to go BACK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #2545  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
Question about the Teapotter’s challenge...when do we usually get our last week assignment of who to send a card to? I just wanted to make sure I didn’t get missed. I posted that I would like to participate. I know she is a busy lady, but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something.
The assignments are sent on Sunday telling you the name of the person to send your card to. The teapot challenge has a link to all the addresses. The challenge for Tuesday was Visiting Mary Nohl, MMTPT653.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 11:10 AM   #2546  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

JCI...I've had health challenge this week...in hospital Tuesday and discharged today. Two things going...complex migraine which was giving me stroke-like symptoms but not a stroke .... thank goodness! AND, after an MRI they found two herniated disks in my neck...that's part of the headache pain, too. Will have to do physical therapy. But, I'll still be crafting but need to get settled down and get the pain in controll before getting back in my craftroom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #2547  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

OOh, sorry to hear that Vickie. Prayers for you!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #2548  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
The assignments are sent on Sunday telling you the name of the person to send your card to. The teapot challenge has a link to all the addresses. The challenge for Tuesday was Visiting Mary Nohl, MMTPT653.
I got the challenge done, I just must have missed the deadline to post that I wanted to participate! I see people still posting to the extra challenge post, so must be she hasn’t caught up yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 PM   #2549  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Read the first post again and now I get it!! This next Sunday she sends out the addresses to us! Yay!! Doesn’t take much to confuse me these days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #2550  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So sorry to hear of your health problems Vickie! I have neck issues with 2 bones fused in my neck and arthritis. I was in a bad car accident where a guy on drugs hit and totaled my car. This was midday!!! Hope you can get some relief from all that pain.

Rebekah, yes, you just need to make and upload your card. Sabrina, will send out PM's on Sunday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #2551  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh, .Vickie, sorry to hear of your health problems. I am glad you checked in with us so we can pray for you.
I also have a prayer request. Our DD and hubby and granddaughter all have Covid. Please pray extra for DD who has asthma. She is the one who has the most symptoms and did test positive.
thank you for your prayers.

thank you, Kandie for the Happy Mail!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #2552  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, do you get the CW? The actor who played Sam Winchester is now playing Walker in the new Texas ranger show that starts tonight.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:17 PM   #2553  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm watching it now Kandie. Last week was the first episode and it was a bit boring. His real life wife plays his wife who was killed on this show. You see her in flashbacks. She also played on supernatural.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #2554  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no Sharon, so sorry to hear about your daughter and family! Will add them to my prayers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 04:50 PM   #2555  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon praying for your DD and family.

Vicki sorry to hear that you are having health issues.

I think we need a group hug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #2556  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Hello

Checking in before 1AM...LOL

Vicky- prayers for you! Hope you get that under control quickly!

Sharon- prayers for your DD and family that Covid is not too hard on them!

Jayne- yes- Group Hug!!!

Kandie- thanks for the Valentine and beautiful vintage papers are gorgeous! : )

Waving hello to all- I need to accomplish one more this evening!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #2557  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Sharon, adding your family to my prayers, so sorry to hear that.

Well, I'm just checking in, cause somebody has a birthday already. Yay, Dagmar, I think it is the 29th over there in Germany now. If I knew how to upload a picture of flowers I would, but not sure how exactly to do that.
I hope you have a wonderful day and you can now open all your cards!

Yes, Jayne and Shelly, Gracie, Kathy, Ann, Linda, Melody, Kandie, Sharon, Rebekah, Victoria, Karen and whoever I missed- virtual group hug with all.

Shirl

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #2558  
Proud Fan Club Member

I almost forgot about Dagmar's birthday because I sent her card a long time ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2021, 08:07 PM   #2559  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon so sorry to hear your family have the virus, such worrying times.

Vidki sorry to hear you haven’t been well.

Happy Birthday Dagmar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2021, 02:44 AM   #2560  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This just popped up in my calendar so here is my best singing voice....

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Dagmarrrrrrrr, happy birthday to you. Enjoy your special day.

Linda, I can sing for you too if you like...why stop when I’m on a roll....

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lindaaaa, happy birthday to you. Enjoy your special day.

phew, that wasn’t too bad now was it ladies lol.
Reply With Quote Likes