Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #2041  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! A quick check in before heading to work. I had a safe trip home and was happy to sleep in my own bed last night. I'm glad we were able to attend the funeral, it meant so much to our cousins to have us there. I was able to see six of my cousins on my mom's side of the family (there are a whole lot more, seven in Wisconsin alone).

I had some free time in Idaho on Tuesday so was able to get my hair cut. The hair places in CA are closed again but they are open in Idaho. We also went to eat at the restaurant where my niece works. She was our server. That was the first time I have been able to see her in person in ages so that was nice too and they serve good Italian food.

I came home to find DD1 glued to the news on her iPad. She has always been into the news - I quit watching it when she was seven or so and I realized she was paying attention. I cannot relate, I hated it when my parents watched the news. I preferred it when my parents watched 60 Minutes because that was shorter than the hour long nightly news (in my child's brain, at least!). It is sad what is happening in our country. Honestly, it is so divided - and has been for quite some time - that I'm not sure how it can be united again. I think back to the days of Reagan who had a weekly lunch appointment with Tip O'Neil, the Speaker of the House, and opposite side of the political spectrum. I think they had respect for each other though they differed politically.

Annette, so sorry to read of Brian's passing. Praying.

Well, I must head to work. Who knows what I'll find there since I haven't been in yet this week.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #2042  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Hello all! I agree - such fun themes from Ann and Annette!

Catherine - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day is wonderfully special!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 12:25 PM   #2043  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

Kelly, today isn't Catherine's birthday or did I miss something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #2044  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy - LOL - her half birthday? Sorry friends - I clicked it open and didn't realize it wasn't on the last page! Note to self - check was page I'm on!

Catherine, yours is actually the day after my granddaughter - I'll be sure to remember it then.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #2045  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, prayers ascending for Brian's family - such a sadness right now with Covid.

Sharon - I hope you enjoy your class, my friend ~ I'm not brave enough to venture out yet
but am happy to be going to a zoom card class this Saturday!

I have an idea for my lunar card - it's a big step for me, way different - but I'll try!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #2046  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Hi Kelly!

Melodie- yes, allergic to milk and eggs. I found some cashew alternative cheese that is not too bad.... if you have to eat it. LOL And, I do eat eggs cooked into foods- doc thinks my worst reaction is to the protein in the whites, so told me NO omlets, breakfast eggs, etc.... Also allergic to pork...so no bacon, sausage, brats, pork ribs.... I do not miss them though- do not like getting sick!

Jan- what a damper on your 50th celebration! How very exciting none the less!!! Congrats!

Jayne- glad you were able to get inky instead of running to another medical appointment....! had a test similar to the one you are describing- a stress test here- my B/P dropped really low, and they told me- don't look down, keep walking!!! I was having pain in my shoulder (from my neck) and they said women have different heart symptoms, so just wanted to be sure.......But, they did not lower my heart rate, they wanted it higher...... In our tests, they use a radionuclear isotide- so you set off an alarm at border crossings, so you cannot have it if you are going to travel to Canada or Mexico - I think for 2 weeks.

Catherine- glad you were able to go and yeah for being able to get your hair cut. I have not gone since last June...... 1st day we were able to go..... My hair is getting long!
I am like your DD1- I am not sure if it is an interest in history or if I am just a news junkie........ but I watch the news alot.... My favorite is Nightline.
I actually read a book about polarization, and what the author said was that the polarization began in the Reagan era..... but has gotten much worse and it is present in all walks of life- politics, and even religion.....

Sharon- hope you were able to get alot done in your junk journal!

When I made dinner last night, I sliced my thumb- the kids got me new knives for Christmas to go along with my cooking class..... I was going to work on knife skills, but guess I will wait now...LOL I am finding that my old knives were much more dull than I realized!

Off to stamp one more card! I am so slow at cardmaking! LOLBut I enjoy it, so thats OK!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #2047  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Kathy - LOL - her half birthday? Sorry friends - I clicked it open and didn't realize it wasn't on the last page! Note to self - check was page I'm on!

Catherine, yours is actually the day after my granddaughter - I'll be sure to remember it then.
Kelly, when scs made the switch a day or two ago, everytime I posted to the thread it took me to the last page of that thread! I couldn't understand why people were talking about old stuff! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #2048  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Melody, that recipe looks yummy and easy! Thanks!

Jan, we just heard today about someone catching covid in the hospital. So sorry about your friend's sister.

Sharon so sorry to hear about your neighbour too.

Catherine, glad you are home safe and sound. And great to get your haircut. I am going in tomorrow and can't wait.

Yes, very sad about what happened in Washington. I imagine there will be even more security for Jan. 20th or even something completely different that what they usually do.

Yep, me next for birthday girl, lol.....No plans as we are not sure about going out to eat now. Time will tell. Jan, your 50th anniversary? Wow. Congrats!

I tried to reply to a pm from Sally yesterday, but the SCS site wouldn't do it. I sure hope these things get ironed out soon.

Shelly, OUCH! That is so not fun. Glad you could still stamp!

Jayne, glad you only have to be monitored yearly now. You will be glad tomorrow when all this is finished. Love Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli too.

Got out for a nice slow long walk to a lagoon today and enjoyed seeing the ducks and all the gorgeous evergreen trees and hearing the birds. We just stood there for quite awhile enjoying it all.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #2049  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Popping on to say hi and send hugs. I think we all need them this week. It’s crazy. I’m exhausted but have to tell myself I’m not lol.

Jan, I hope by May you get to at least see the UK family.

Shirl, thank you but the monitoring is just in my abdomen. More tests in the next two weeks and then I will be given the date for my op. Expecting either end January or early February. I will keep you all posted. All these tests are for various things and pre op. My body is definitely getting a work over lol.

Kathy, how is the week going for your DH now he’s retired?

Sharon, sorry to hear about your neighbour. Keep safe and well. I’d love to see yours and Ann’s journals you’ve been making.

It’s so hot here today..going to be 41 degrees Celsius...we walked early and had to turn around as it was too hot and I had a “turn”. I went back to bed and haven’t been up long but need to get moving for my next appointment. All I want to do is sleep. I do not like this heat and would love snow right now lol.

Waving to you all.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #2050  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, he's at the cabin already! He will be home Saturday night. He sent me a picture and said "this is my new office!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #2051  
Proud Fan Club Member

I Did a walmart run today. Nearly hyperventilated three times. I don't know why panic set in, but it's not easy getting two separate lists filled and keeping them separate at the checkout. Mom sends her card along so I pay for hers and then mine. I think I will go back to going in twice like I used to. I would go in and get her stuff and pay and then back in for mine. I didn't have a big list, but found stuff I needed do it made it harder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #2052  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
Jayne, he's at the cabin already! He will be home Saturday night. He sent me a picture and said "this is my new office!"
love it. You will have to join him. Take care
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #2053  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Ooh, Jayne I can't imagine anyone would like 41 Celsius. I would send you some snow if we had any.

Kathy, enjoy your alone time!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 06:17 PM   #2054  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

For those of you who try the recipe, I'm pretty sure you can make all sorts of changes to it. I added corn. I think black olives would be a good addition also. For the sauce, I used a jar of salsa instead of what it called for. Substituting for the half and half... It's not especially creamy, although I may have used more rice than called for, but other types of milk probably would be fine. I forgot to put the taco seasoning on the chicken at the beginning, so just added it right before I put the chicken in the dish. That seasoning is what really gives the flavor. I think this would be really good wrapped in a tortilla, or even with tortilla chips. It only called for 1 cup of cheese and I had cheddar, so that's what I used. I baked it in a 9x13 dish, so the cheese was well spread out.

As you can see, I'm not very good at 'following' a recipe. I rarely make 100% according to the recipe.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:12 PM   #2055  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Melody you sound like steve when cooking, adds his own take on the recipe.

I asked if he wanted to go out for lunch for his birthday next week, we decided we wouldn’t so I asked if he’d like me to cook, I told him he could choose between shepherds pie, lasagne or tuna salad, it’s a long running joke in the family that if any of those meals are on the table mum cooked !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #2056  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne send some heat, it’s raining and cold here, had the fire going all day yesterday,, couldn’t get to my craft room with the rain, I need a covered walk way up to my room and heating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #2057  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy I would be flustered doing two shops together, I’m used to shopping on my own now but I like to be organised so if the person in front of me doesn’t move along to the other side to pay and I have to rush to put my things on the belt that means I’m still packing my shopping while they are waiting for me to pay I get flustered because I’m rushing thinking I’m holding everyone up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #2058  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yesterday's shopping was particularly hard because of some big items both mom and I purchased. Those things can't be put up on the belt so I have to make sure to separate them as I pay. I got Mom a 35 lb bag of cat food because there wasn't any of the 16 lb bags. That was heavy and I paid for it last night! I had a 24 pack of water and two gallons of ice tea. I have been buying a few things healthier for me. I got orange juice and grape juice and yogurt and bananas. I don't eat hardly anything through the day and then end up snacking into the late evening. Things like chips, pretzels, fudge ice cream bars. I need more exercise and less junk food. It didn't help that I found some Reese's peanut butter Christmas trees on sale at walmart yesterday. I wasn't even expecting any Christmas stuff left. And especially chocolate. They had lots of candy canes. I can resist anything but chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 07:43 AM   #2059  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Good morning! Melody, thanks for all the input on the recipe. I had already decided to only use the salsa. My chicken is already cooked, because DH grills a bunch and then we freeze it to use whenever. I have Alf an envelope of taco seasoning which is enough, because I will make half as much. I had DH get the Mexican shredded cheese, and half and half. I will add corn, and no chili or green peppers here! LOL. We can’t tolerate too spicy, even mild sauce. Can’t wait to try it next week.

lathy, I would absolutely be overwhelmed doing shopping for two. I used to do my moms totally separate days than mine. I never thought of doing all at once! LOL I would drive the several miles to her place, and go to her Kroger’s by her, because I would pick up her meds at their pharmacy. Another day went to another Kroger’s by us for our meds, etc. so, you are good!

Jan, yes there are certain things I fix and certain things DH fixes. And since we eat at least one night leftovers, we go for take out one night, we usually each cook once during the week. He has his specialties and I have mine.

oh, .Shelly, a sliced thumb! That sounds very painful. Take care! Are able to craft ok?

Jayne, still praying. So much going on for you right now. We love you. About my JJ. I have to upload so much to Julie’s challenge, and sometimes to my blog, too, then not in mood to upload here. But I might upload the covers or favorite pages or something like that. Oh, and there is no Junk Journal section, just journals that don’t look like junk! LOL

Shirl, glad you got a nice walk in. Weather not good for walking here. Gray, cold, windy day. Brr!

Catherine , glad you are back safely and got a haircut!

Kelly, not me going to a class, yet, maybe that was an old post, too. It is difficult for me to keep up on this forum. Waving. Have a great crafty day. Yes, I am headed to craft room to do junk journaling. LOL

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 07:53 AM   #2060  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 130 Likes on 61 Posts

Hello all,

Anette so sorry about your friend Brian.Hugs and prayers to you.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your neighbour too.

Shelly, you are not supposed to cut your thump, you need your fingers. Hugs to you.

Kathy, as my DH retired I had to change some things, but after a while we got used to it.

Jane, I send you some cold and rain, we would love to have some sun.

We are in lockdown until the end of January.

Stay safe you all, sending hugs, Dagmar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #2061  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy no wonder you suffer after your shopping trip carrying all that heavy stuff. Our supermarket near the beach doesn’t have much parking outside but they have an underground car park but I hate it as you have to use the lift if you have a cart, I hate lifts, we usually go every day so I don’t usually have too much although I very often buy more than one bag full and then stagger put to the car.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #2062  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow! I've been out of touch for a couple days and it took me a half hour to read all the chat!
Hello and hugs to all! I'm not even going to begin to try to remember everything I've read!
Jayne, hoping all goes well and you soon have all this behind you! Long month for you and DH. Hope he's doing better too.
I'm trying to bring some balance into my life and stay off the computer.
Doing better after some medical issues and will have to try to check in at least once a day so I don't get so far behind on all my Alpha sisters!
I see that Ann and Kandie have been missing in action the last couple of days too. Hope all is well.
Miss you all and will definitely try to check back in tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 09:35 AM   #2063  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! It is cool and overcast here this morning. I'd send you some of the cooler weather, Jayne, but I don't want the heat you are having...you can send that to Dagmar! I'm going to have to go to the office again today even though it is Friday.

Kelly, fun to read birthday greetings here. This round started on my birthday and how fun that your granddaughter's birthday is the day before mine. Shirl is the next birthday girl (and my card for you will be late...sorry!)

Ouch about your finger, Shelly. We tried using a mandolin style slicer in our kitchen and both DH and I cut our fingers right away and banished that tool from our kitchen!

That is strange that the polarization, in that author's opinion, started in the Reagan era just because I know they had weekly lunch meetings and seemed to be remarkably cordial with each other.

Shirl, agreed, hospitals are places to avoid. I know they do their best to keep a clean environment but I've heard of so many people catching things while there that they didn't have when they went in.

Jayne, you and your DH are in my prayers. Actually, all of you and your spouses are.

Kathy, it is nice that you have the cabin for DH to getaway and you get alone time too!

Melody, if I say that I followed a recipe precisely as written, I need to make sure my family is sitting down first so they won't fall down and hurt themselves!

Jan, sounds like you have the next work project lined up - the covered walk way and heat in your craft room. You can't let rain keep you from crafting!

Gracie, I'm glad you are doing better. I, too, wonder where Kandie and Ann are and pray they are OK.

I guess I'd better get moving....My family told me that nothing can happen to me. They forgot to take the trash out while I was, they forgot appointments, etc. Goodness!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 11:05 AM   #2064  
Proud Fan Club Member

I left a check out yesterday for the mailman to leave me stamps. I knew it wouldn't be until today's mail to get them because I also requested 10 global stamps for cards to my international friends. I enjoy this service. The only bad thing is that I can't choose the stamps. So I got poinsettias on those global stamps. They're pretty, and will spread Christmas out for a while, but I would have chosen something different. At least I won't run out of stamps. I got a roll of 100.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 03:48 PM   #2065  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

I'm here!! Just been busy cleaning and trying to get things ready for this next junk journal!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #2066  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Where is the little guy with sunglasses? I just put the link to my card, but not how I used to do it.
do we use the chain link. I just saw that. Ok LOL

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 05:54 PM   #2067  
Proud Fan Club Member

Cool

This little guy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 07:02 PM   #2068  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That is the one. LOL

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #2069  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Sharon- I think the little guy is here with me tonight, but no sunglasses : ) hehehe
Are you working on a junk journal???
Today, I was finally able to leave the bandaid off the thumb......lol, and I did not slice anything for dinner tonight. I ordered knife guards for all of them in the drawers too. And, I made 3 cards today- had fun, Josh Groban blaring again!

Kathy- yikes- take care of yourself with the lifting! Is hubby hunting?

Catherine- yes, the book said it was just the beginning of a more conservative voice in the White House and the very beginnings of polarization.... So glad you made it back home and saved the day- sounds like the family really depends on you!!! Once when my son was in 5th grade, he told me I did not do much, so I went on strike until he apoligized....a week. I did not cook, no laundry, no cleaning, no lunches, no nothing. I think my husband begged him to apologize...

Asking for prayers for a family a few doors down- their daughter- a year younger than Stephi has been having trouble with her eye pressures, and they have just diagnosed her with cancer- the parents are off to Philadelphia with her to see a specialist. I pray she does not lose her eye!

WAving hi and sending Inky hugs to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 06:34 AM   #2070  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, he's hunting,Shelly. It's muzzleloader season yet. I think through he 18th. He comes home tonight but not sure if he's going back up Tuesday or of he'll just go up each morning. Monday he has a checkup at primary care but they called to tell us they are in a different office because they don't have enough staff right now. So he will have to drive an additional ten minutes and leave early to find the place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #2071  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, what exactly is a muzzleloader as opposed to other rifles? Enquiring minds and all that...
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #2072  
Proud Fan Club Member

It's like old time hunting. You pack in your own gun powder and pellet. Flintlock is maybe another term.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:08 AM   #2073  
Proud Fan Club Member

It's like old time hunting. You pack in your own gun powder and pellet. Flintlock is maybe another term.
This is what wiki says...

A muzzleloader is any firearm into which the projectile and usually the propellant charge is loaded from the muzzle of the gun (i.e., from the forward, open end of the gun's barrel). This is distinct from the modern (higher tech and harder to make) designs of breech-loading firearms.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #2074  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Kathy. I kinda figured it was something more old-fashioned. Is that type of hunting unique to Pennsylvania? I don't think Wisconsin has that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #2075  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! Shelly, I'm glad your thumb is getting better. Good idea to have knife guards! I'll send a prayer up for your neighbor's daughter. Scary for them! Sounds like you had a fun day creating!
Kathy, my DH also does muzzleloader hunting in the fall for deer.
Hi Melody, Ann, Sharon, Jan, Dagmar, Jayne and Catherine and everyone on today..
Catherine, it sounds like your family would never survive without you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #2076  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterForums at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks, Kathy. I kinda figured it was something more old-fashioned. Is that type of hunting unique to Pennsylvania? I don't think Wisconsin has that.
Melody,
Wisconsin has a muzzleloader season after the regular deer hunting season.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:26 AM   #2077  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Never mind, Kathy. I checked Google, and Wisconsin does have that. My family, other than one BIL, has never hunted, and the few friends that do apparently only hunt the regular seasons - both bow and gun.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #2078  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL, Gracie. I was checking while you were typing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:33 AM   #2079  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Morning!! It's 29 degrees here and cloudy! But at least there is no snow falling!

What is everyone up to today? I need to look at the challenges and make my teapotter card!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #2080  
Proud Fan Club Member

I made my bed and did laundry. I really should eat something because all I had today was a sticky bun with my coffee.
Reply With Quote Likes