Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #1601  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

We've got about Four inches of snow to far. That's more than we got all season last year!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #1602  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

I tried to post this message yesterday evening:

Hi everyone! Quiet on here today. Gmail has been having outages which has affected my incoming and outgoing emails today.

After a busy day at work, DD1 met me and we went shopping for a family we adopted. There is low income housing across the street from our church and we adopted a family there. We had a list of the ages of the kids and what they would like. DD1 and spent way too much money, it was fun though. But now I have to wrap all the gifts!

Kandie, did Ed get to come home? Praying so!

Congrats, Shelly! So happy for you, enjoy your time in the dirt pile!

Kathy, are you still having trouble posting in the threads?

Uh-oh, Ann, I still haven't made my I card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #1603  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Obviously, I got the answer to the question I asked Kathy! I missed checking in here this morning - though there would be no point because you all couldn't post either!

I told someone that I had made a sale of Christmas cards and they said, "I didn't know you did that!" I told them I'd love to make card sales but hadn't gotten that going. They proceeded to order ten thank you cards. Yay!

I forgot to tell you that we put Christmas movies on and got the presents all wrapped - the girls did most of the wrapping, yay!

I'm right there with you, Rebekah!

Kandie, did Ed get to come home?

The poor tech team for the site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #1604  
Proud Fan Club Member

It is still snowing. We may have 8 inches or more by now. DH stayed at work. I sent him my fold up mat and blanket and pillow in case he could sleep. He was plowing last I heard. It's not his regular job, but they all help out where needed. He's a locksmith. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #1605  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Maybe I can post.  Katherine, yay for you getting gifts wrapped.  I have been busy this week making prayer junk journals for girlfriends gift exchange tomorrow.  So now I will be able to have time to put up tree and other things.  We will do Christmas over Skype this year with DD and family.  Even plan to play games.  We have done the games on the iPads other years.  

Congratulations Shelly!  Tried to comment and couldn’t find the place.  I didn’t have permission.  Hopefully that is fixed.

Hope Ed is okay; I am praying Kandie,

Anyway, hi everyone!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #1606  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Shelly congratulations, well done

Kandie I hope Ed is back home and recovering.

Roberta , hello, lovely to meet you, made me feel old as my ‘boys’ are 48 and 46!!!

Had a lot going on here and feeling a little downhearted but as the Monty Python song says, always look on the bright side of life, easier said than done sometimes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #1607  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

Hi everyone.  Just checking in to see if I can actually get to this page.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #1608  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 232 Likes on 70 Posts

This site is really acting up.  I posted a long message here this morning and it showed up. Now it’s gone.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #1609  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

When I posted before, I got an error, but I see my post is here.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #1610  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Just curious to see if this will post. Hi to all!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #1611  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie I saw your message about Ed and tried to comment but the site was down, pleased to hear he is home and on the mend, hopefully he will listen to the advice from the hospital! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #1612  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hi

Oh boy- this site has been interesting!  

Thanks to all- what a surprise- they did contact well in advance Rebekah, but I did not answer right away , then did not sign in right away either....bad me!  LOL  Thanks to the ladies who nominated me and before its all done. all of the talented Alpha's who want to be will be in the pile, I am sure!!!

Kandie- so glad Ed is home and hopefully resting!

Catherine- that is great- I usually adopt a family, but this year, gifting the $$$ to my brother and family instead. ( I enjoyed being their Santa when the kids were younger and this year, they moved to Georgia and then work cut work hours, so I know things are really tight- the working poor!  But they moved to 1 1/2 acres, have horses, goats, chickens and everything they wanted, so it is a blessing as well). 

Kathy- that is a ton of snow!!!  I bet it is beautiful though.  Hope hubby is safe at work!

Melodie- such a nice gesture and from the heart- I am sure the staff loves it!!!

I am missing the like button- I use it to keep track of where I am in reading the thread....  My hubby worked as a debugger for years- I know the software folks are working on debugging like crazy!

Had my annual endocrinology doc appt today (for low thyroid) and then ran to Walmart. Sharon had alerted me to an issue with Silhouette and Windows 10- she learned of it when at a workshop), so I did research and went and bought 2 options (Walmart) and ...lol  the easy one did not work, so tried the harder one, and it did not work the first time, so I tried again and - success!  I was so happy to figure it out without having to get hubby to do it for me!  I have an early model- but it is barely used and like new really, so really did not want to discard it!

Hope you are all well and look forward to creating tomorrow- hope the challenges are readable : )

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 01:46 AM   #1613  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Well my post from yesterday disappeared and I tried to repost it again this morning and ppftttt...nothing.  Shelly, I miss the like button too as I also use it to know where I was up to when commenting on cards.

Jan, hope you are feeling a bit brighter today.  Keep your chin up......this year sucks....let's hope next year is a little brighter.  It is hard when you can't see family but at least you are safe and well.  I so hope you don't go into lockdown again.  My sister now thinks they won't be allowed to see their son in London now for Xmas as it sounds as though it's bad there again.  Honestly, when will this horrible virus just go pfftttt like things on this site.  

I seem to only be able to comment on cards and on some threads.  Oh well, it's good to have a break and thank goodness some of us are on WhatsApp and can chat LOL.  

We have had a busy day and been out with friends for lunch and since we got back I have been in my play room making BGs ready for some sample cards I need to make the next week.

Oh before I forget I received some happy mail today...beautiful xmas cards from Karen and also one from Liz...thank you ladies and to everyone who has sent me cards recently and over the past year.  I do appreciate them all and will treasure them.  As you know, I'm not sending Xmas cards this year but know that my DH and I wish you and your families a Merry Xmas and a very Healthy and Happy 2021.  

Ok time to get off this site.  My time is up LOL.....Happy weekend everyone 
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 02:29 AM   #1614  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Good morning!  Let’s see if we can do all day on here today!!  I really missed it the other day, so yesterday I tried to be better at keeping busy. Made myself a list and did my time blocking schedule and that helped me not be so obsessed with not being able to post.

Shelley, that’s interesting on the Silhouette issue.  I have an old model and perhaps I have Windows 10.  I don’t use it much b/c my issues mostly seem to be with cutting.  I did finally get a newer updated blade and that seemed to do the trick for a little bit.  I can’t cut anything too intricate.  

It’s Friday and we are done with homeschool for the week....and have two weeks off now for Christmas.  Yay!  We will still do plenty of learning with arts and crafts and baking and talking about what we are doing.  We’ll play some of our math games and do some flashcards here and there.  And read books.

Are any of you readers?  I love to read, but rarely get time to.  I have a huge book stash from the library I would love to work through.

I’ve been going to bed early the last few nights.  Just needed more rest, feels like a luxury.  I need to cut my social media use for the holiday time and enjoy reading and family time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 04:16 AM   #1615  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!  Glad SCS is up and running!  Busy, yesterday and will be on the go today too.  Going for a long over due haircut.  My stylist cancelled several weeks ago because she had been exposed to .Covid.  So, I am very fluffy! LOL

Kandie, I am gathering from Shelly said that Ed is home and better.  Praise the Lord!

Kathy, how are you?  Still snowed in?

I sure missed you all for a couple of days with SCS down!  How dependent we are on each other!

Waving to all of you.  Have a wonderful day.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 04:43 AM   #1616  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne I’m ok thanks, our son is in lockdown in whitstable and he was supposed to go into London next week to the office for a social distance meeting, they usually have a party ! but that’s probably off now, he should go to Germany in the new year but that’s all been cancelled too, much as it’s upsetting not seeing them but I’m thankful we didn’t book the ferry to go for Christmas as we might not have got home again, 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 04:45 AM   #1617  
Forum Fanatic

Roberta I have a load of books on my kindle and iBooks but don’t seem to have time or the inclination to read, usually only read on the ferry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:07 AM   #1618  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies!  Hopefully these posts won’t disappear, and the Like button will reappear!

Rebekah, I am an avid reader as well.  I have books, I buy books at estate sales, and I have books on my tablet that i read in bed before going to sleep every night.

Yes, Ed is home.  He was in the hospital for two days, it felt like forever.  While he was there I cleaned thoroughly and vacuumed, washed all his clothes (we each do our own), and generally got everything done so he could rest when he came home and I wouldn’t bother him.

We went to the grocery yesterday.  He has to make several dietary changes.  He was suffering from dehydration, not enough food intake to support his body, low iron, low potassium, no more caffeine, his meds were adjusted, high BP.  Bananas, raisins, sugar-free ginger ale, diet root beer, some other foods.  He has to drink more water, which he doesn’t like.  He is stubborn, but these falls scared him badly, so I believe he’ll listen to the doctors.  He’s still weak, walks very slowly, and tires easily.  It’ll all take time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:09 AM   #1619  
Proud Fan Club Member

And thank you so much for your prayers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:12 AM   #1620  
Proud Fan Club Member

I received this lovely Christmas card from a distant relative.  I don’t know if she made it or bought it at a craft show, but it’s lovely.  Washi tapes, a reindeer die cut, and a wreath die cut.  It’s a terrific layout.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-image.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:14 AM   #1621  
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette and Shelly, thank you for your Christmas cards!  Shelly, what a lovely first name you have, Michaella.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #1622  
Proud Fan Club Member

I keep reaching for the like button but it's gone! Lol. Still snow that needs shoveled. I only got as far as doing dishes and a load of laundry. That needs to go in the dryer now and. Need to shovel a bit more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:32 AM   #1623  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning.  Yay, things seems to be working. 

Thanks, Shelly.  From the numbers the lady at the hospital gave me, I was able to make enough snowflakes to cover all the nurses in ICU and the Covid floors.  I know to some that seems like a lot, but I enjoy that type of crochet and it's an easy pattern - about 15 minutes to crochet one.  I make a bunch and then block them overnight.  I have to get my hands in the glue, so it's less messy to do a bunch at a time.  I stole a few from our tree to make up the numbers this time, but will replace those.  DH wasn't sure he liked that idea, but I have some tatted ornaments from one of the ladies in my lace guild that I didn't have on the tree.  They replaced the crocheted ones. 

Kandie, there are some flavor additives that Ed could put in his water.  That might make it easier to drink more.  If you're interested, I can ask DH what brand and flavors he likes.  They come in little bottles and he only adds a few drops or squirts.

I'm also leaning toward not sending out any cards for Christmas.  I have received a bunch of lovely ones from many of you.  Thank you.  I will try to get a PM out to each of you -- been procrastinating on that.

Hugs.  Have a wonderful day.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 05:37 AM   #1624  
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe next year we could make one card and post it to our gallery and link it for everyone. I don't mind sending cards, I'm just afraid I will miss someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 06:56 AM   #1625  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've had my fill of shoveling! DH now has a complete space to park and a path to the shed. He got a doe Saturday and hasn't be able to cut it up so he will do that tomorrow. Then he'll bring it home and I'll vacuum seal it. 

I had another ocular migraine episode yesterday but I'm thinking it could be because of being out in the white bright snow. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 07:52 AM   #1626  
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile

I'm a glutton for punishment. I went down and shoveled out the mailbox yet. Back hurts so that's enough for the day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #1627  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! So happy to check on here and see all the chat, hurray! Obviously, they are still working on fixes but at least some posting is working.

Sharon, I should clarify that the gifts we got wrapped are the ones for the family we adopted. We really aren't doing much gift wise for each other. The new seating for the living room is our Christmas this year - and it won't be here until well after Christmas. 

I like your description of your hair being fluffy!

Kandie, glad to read that Ed is home. Yes, as Melody said, there are flavor additives he can probably use. My youngest likes to use Mio. I have almost always liked water. My mom, thankfully, got me started drinking it when I was 11 or 12.

Rebekah, yes, I am an avid reader (mostly for entertainment). This has been a hard year as our libraries have been closed for most of it. Which has gotten me to use my Kindle. I get a daily email from BookBub and they frequently have free books on that (one of the ladies on here told me about it) so I usually have more books than time to read them. My sleep gets cut short as I read "just one more chapter!"

Hugs, Jan. It has been a challenging year.

Kathy, be careful. Yesterday I had a hard knot on my right shoulder area that hurt all day long. DH and DD2 both worked on it - DH leaning into it with his elbows - and it just didn't want to release! Thankfully, it is better today (and I'm probably bruised where they worked, but so thankful for them).

Shelly, it sounds like your brother and his family moved to a wonderful place!

Well, I have a HUGE LONG list of things to get done today. I'd better get off here and get busy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #1628  
Proud Fan Club Member

I put on my arthritis copper gloves and took 3 ibuprofen. Hopefully that will be all I need for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #1629  
Proud Fan Club Member

If any of you have a cat I might recommend the wood pellet litter system. By now I usually have gone through $30 worth of litter but with this new system I haven't even gone through $5.99 worth of pellets! If anyone is interested, I can link you to a great video. I got lucky and had found the breeze litter pan up in moms barn and no one was using it! But I remove the bottom tray because it fills up too quickly and I'd be emptying it all the time. Instead I stick the whole breeze litter pan into another litter pan and don't have to empty it for days. You will need puppy pads for in the bottom but they are cheap and make clean up easy. This is not an ad for the system. Just sharing the information. I believe my cat is diabetic and he drinks a lot of water so he goes a lot. I was getting so upset spending so much (possibly craft) money on litter when I stumbled across the YouTube video.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #1630  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Afternoon everyone!  

Wow, to be without SCS for a few days was so sad and I think I had withdrawal!  Glad it is fixed part way!

Working on cleaning stuff out today!  Did two drawers in the kitchen yesterday!  

So no crafting today!  

Reminder, that we have next week off for the Alpha challenge!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #1631  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
If any of you have a cat I might recommend the wood pellet litter system. By now I usually have gone through $30 worth of litter but with this new system I haven't even gone through $5.99 worth of pellets! If anyone is interested, I can link you to a great video. I got lucky and had found the breeze litter pan up in moms barn and no one was using it! But I remove the bottom tray because it fills up too quickly and I'd be emptying it all the time. Instead I stick the whole breeze litter pan into another litter pan and don't have to empty it for days. You will need puppy pads for in the bottom but they are cheap and make clean up easy. This is not an ad for the system. Just sharing the information. I believe my cat is diabetic and he drinks a lot of water so he goes a lot. I was getting so upset spending so much (possibly craft) money on litter when I stumbled across the YouTube video.

Yes, Kathy, I found that video when I adopted Lola and that's what I use! Definitely a savings!

Hi ladies, sure hope this message goes through. I've tried adding comments and messages and no luck. So I'm not typing too much this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 05:31 AM   #1632  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies.  I see our Like buttons are still missing.

Kathy, my copper gloves arrived yesterday and I have them on now.  How often and how long do you wear yours?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 05:47 AM   #1633  
Forum Fanatic

Apologies Rebekah for calling You Roberta, a senior moment I think, not sure where that name came from! My niece spells her name the same as you, , it’s quite unusual spelt that way in England.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #1634  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowForums at Splitcoaststampers
Good morning, ladies.  I see our Like buttons are still missing.

Kathy, my copper gloves arrived yesterday and I have them on now.  How often and how long do you wear yours?

I wear mine whenever my hands hurt and usually for an hour or two. The compression feels good. Lately my middle finger on my left hand has been locking up. I can get it unlocked without help, and it only does it first thing in the morning. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #1635  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Afternoon everyone!!

Just revised the crew list and sent it out to all!  It's revision number 3! 

Note: added Rebekah and a special honorary sister. 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #1636  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Thanks Ann for keeping on top of things for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #1637  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Hello!

Daytime pop in : )  We are having no one here for Christmas, we will go to Katies on the 23rd for dinner, and asked the girls to come to mass with us on Christmas Eve, then will have a casual dinner and open gifts here. 

Hubby is out golfing today, and I have a nice, quiet house : )  It's like this everyday, as hubby works down in the basement, but I like knowing I am at home alone!

Katie is coming out and will have dinner with me tonight- we love to have Salmon when she is here- and the dog enjoys scraps from the table- Grandpup's and I do not have to follow her house rules : )  LOL  

Off to work on Christmas cards for family and friends- my crafty friends were first : )

Shelly
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #1638  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is lovely and sunny here this morning, DH said it felt warm in the sun when he went out to get wood for the fire.

Kandie, I hope the copper gloves help you. My dad had copper things he used that seemed to help him.

Thanks for the updated list, Ann!

Shelly, how wonderful to have the house to yourself! I'm envious. That is something that hasn't happened this year in particular.

We are going to my brother's house today. Later I'll probably work on cards and gifts but it will be nice to pause and enjoy family first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #1639  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Ann for the new list!

We are sitting waiting for next quake!  We have had five today so far, some just a few minutes apart!  Two different readings , one online source says 3.4 , another 3.7.  They all are centered within a half mile of our house.  Really big booms and rattling.  Don’t know how there is no damage, but doesn’t seem to be.

Shelly, I still am not allowed in the DD gallery to comment on your cards.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #1640  
Proud Fan Club Member

I really miss the like button. I am starting to feel the after effects of the shoveling I did this morning. We were able to shovel moms driveway from the garage to the Lane so that we can at least get out if we need to. DH just took some of his deer meat to a butcher. He's going to have mini bologna sticks made. He still has a chance to get another deer in muzzleloader season which starts after Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes