Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #1401  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello all! I have been so far behind on chatter and just caught up. I have been busy here taking care of DGS during the week. I managed to get the living room painted and the decorations all up. I also have all of my shopping done. December and January are busy for us. It starts on the 15th with our 30th wedding anniversary. The 17th is David's birthday, then Christmas and New Year's then a bunch of family birthdays in January.

I am currently making ornaments for the kids in the family. I do one every year and when they grow up and move out they can take them with them. I also made handprint santas with air dry clay with DGS. I will put his name and the year on them and give them to his parents and other grandparents as a gift from him. It will be fun to look back at how tiny his hand is. He loved pushing his hand in the dough.

I can't remember half of what I read.

Melody - beautiful ornaments
Jan- glad you got water back on. Your GS is too funny about his advent calendar.
Gracie - glad you are starting to feel more yourself
Kathy - glad you had a good time yesterday
Jayne - I hope tomorrow goes well
Kandie - Sorry about the leg cramps.
Sharon - earthquakes YIKES!

Sorry if I've missed anything. Hugs to all!

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #1402  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! I just uploaded (whew!) the six holiday cards I made yesterday. I need more but decided to stop and upload what I had before going on. Sometimes uploading is a chore. Holiday was an excellent theme, Ann, as I need more of them.

I've also read through all the chatter but am now having difficulty remembering it all.

I do remember about Dusty though, Kandie. It seems that Dusty and Honey are soul sisters of a similar vintage. Honey sleeps a lot and we have begun taking her out whenever she gets up from sleeping. Otherwise...we'll most likely find something we don't want.

Oh! I have big news. We ordered our couch (actually, we are getting a sectional) on Friday afternoon. I'm so excited. We have NEVER purchased a couch in all our years of marriage. I did have a couch reupholstered when I lived in Southern California. But have never ordered one. They are made right in Sacramento and I'm so happy with the furniture where we ordered it. It is a small family owned store so we supported small business and got excellent service. Now we have to wait 6-8 weeks, then this ugly (but comfortable) couch and love seat will be gone. Maybe we'll get the painting done while we are waiting.

We just learned that a favorite Christmas memory of the girls was when we painted the family room at our previous home over Christmas time. We had cheesy Christmas movies playing on the TV and were painting the family room and they helped. Who knew that was a favorite Christmas memory?!

Ann, I was also going to suggest bananas but see that you don't like them. I'm not a big fan of them either. I never had leg cramps until I was pregnant, now I get them occasionally.

Congrats on your win, Kathy, too funny about your offer to bribe your DH.

Well, I need to get started with my tasks for today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #1403  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, to answer your question, I just free handed it since the tape plaid stamping looked so rustic.

Hi Annette! My DH's birthday is this month as well - on Tuesday, in fact.

Jan, DD1 bought herself an Advent calendar. Hers isn't dinosaurs though, hers is a make up Advent calendar. Who knew they even made such things?! Not me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #1404  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I think I'm caught up commenting on Alphabet cards now. Fabulous cards, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #1405  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Annette, sounds the same in this neck of the woods for all the celebrations of birthdays and anniversary. Now starting from Nov. 15 to Jan 10th for all of us. Fun that we both were married in Dec. 1990! Happy 30th Anniversary to you!

Catherine congrats on ordering new furniture! You have made some great holiday cards!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #1406  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Catherine your cards are beautiful 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #1407  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine great news on the couch, very exciting having new furniture, 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #1408  
Forum Fanatic

Our DIL before  the lockdown would do batch cooking, she’s calls it a cookathon, sometimes she gets carried away and adds things, we once had a pink stew, she’d added beetroot, very weird

Talking of beetroot, Steve roasted whole beetroot in foil with honey and balsamic vinegar, I was dubious but it was delicious 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #1409  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

you might be low on potassium might be low and give you leg cramps at night Is what doctor told family in Tulsa Ok!  Can you eat bananas? try eat bananas and see if that dose not stop or help the legs cramps. It help my mom with legs cramps! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Question for all, do any of you get leg cramps at night?

I woke at 6:15 A.M. with a terrible one in my left leg!

Researched and think maybe it's a lack of magnesium. So ordered cashews, almonds, and dark chocolate to have a little each day.

I am allergic to magnesium, so can not take the pills.  It causes stomach distress for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #1410  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

I will eat bananas, but not a huge fan.  However, I do not like them cooked, so if I need to use some and make banana bread, it is all given away.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #1411  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

I bought a new tablet to have as a spare but may take it back. I haven't even turned it on yet but it is Lenovo Tab M8 with Google Assistant. I love my Lenovo Tab m7 so I wanted another Lenovo, but I don't understand the Google Assistant and I don't know if I have to install it at setup or not. I'm afraid the assistant us like Alexa or Siri or echo and can hear conversations. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I can't find any info online about whether I must setup up Google Assistant at setup or not. Anyone have the tab m8 with Google Assistant?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #1412  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was over thinking it too much. I think I can just use it like this tablet and if hey Google is turned on, I will figure out how to turn it off. I finished charging it but won't turn it on until tomorrow. I stress out if things don't go right in the evening. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #1413  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We've just come home from Home Depot. DH decided that for his birthday, he wanted a couple of new windows, funny guy, that just makes more work for him! While we were there, we picked up a couple gallons of the paint I want for our ceilings...yay! Not excited to paint but excited to have it painted. It will be so lovely to have white ceilings.

I'm glad you figured it out, Kathy, I have next to no tablet knowledge.

I need to keep making Christmas cards but I think we are decorating this evening. DD2 and I put our light nets out today so we have pretty lights outside now. Our neighbor has had his lights up since last weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #1414  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Good Evening all! Lots of you are probably already in bed. Rest well.

Jayne, I hope your CT scan goes well today! Thinking of you!

Kathy, you sure sound like you had a fun time at the Stampin' demo's home and winning prizes...Yay! I love that tiny cross stitch on the sleigh. Beautiful.

Ann, poor Athena. I hope she heals quickly! Hope your leg cramps go away, too.

Hi Annette, sounds like you are definitely busy! Such fun with your DGS!

Catherine, how funny that DH wants windows for his birthday...creating more work for himself. He sounds like my hubby! Yay, for a brand new, special order couch!!! I need to go check out your cards! I've been trying to stay off the computer and get some things done. I still have to write out and mail Christmas cards! 

I am getting my lovely staples out on Tuesday...Yay! Today I felt much better!

Well, goodnight all! Time to hit the hay!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2020, 10:58 PM   #1415  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Happy SUnday Night/Monday AM to all!

Kathy- you are in my head- the last 2 times I went to the store, I bought TP!  LOL  We are good through Jan.  I like not going more than we have to!  And- COngrats on your win at your SU party- and funny that you won after telling hubby you would pay him off to pick you!  But, I know you will enjoy your winnings!

Ann- yes, I get leg cramps- so- if you seem to be going to the bathroom alot, you could be a little low on potassium- in which case banana's are good.  Most people on B/P meds are told to take them- because the more you urinate the more you may loose potassium.  Tonic water is great for leg cramps as Kandie mentioned, and an alternate for that is Magnesium Oxide.....  I have been getting cramps, but it is a muscular issue because of my hip, so roll out the muscles with a roller like the ones runners use : ) But, thecramps wake me up- and- DO NOT point your toes!!!  Makes it worse!  LOL  Ei, ei ei....

Melodie- I am in the same boat- I felt terrible yesterday, so did not stamp (sinus) - and still do not have my samples made- but will do them tomorrow for VSN.  My husband is golfing Saturday, so I have all day to play : ) 

Shirl- I made chili tonight, so yes- crying at the onion chopping.  I do a couple at a time, then put them in baggies and throw them in the freezer- for future use. My hubby is making Oxtail soup tomorrow and he just asked me to make the broth and the soup : (  Guess I will be chopping onions tomorrow and will throw the leftovers in the freezer, if there are any. 

Catherine- yeah on the new couch!  That is so awesome.  

Kandi- your sweet pup.  Wait- you are up until 4AM???  

Jan- hoping they get your water fixed.

Gracie- glad you are feeling better each day!  Glad you are taking it really easy!

Jayne- Prayers for negative test reports!

Annette- thanks for the great suggestions today on games and books.  Helped me out with Christmas gift ideas : )

Sharon- hope you are felling better too!

We went and drove around our city and looked at Christmas lights last night- there are 2 homes that have light shows to music and your tune your radio to a certain station.....  fun!  Lots of creative displays around town.  There is another block- everyone has lights up from ground to about 20 ft- up in the trees- but it looks like a tunnel down the entire block- very neat!  

Working on Christmas envelopes and cards this week- I sent out a pile on Saturday, but many more to do!

Inky hugs to all!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #1416  
Forum Fanatic

Sorry to hear a few of your aren’t feeling well, I had a bad night, my stomach felt sickly and then just as I was dozing back off I got indigestion, 3am, took ages for me to get back off but did sleep u til 6.30am!

We sent a photo to the family of our Christmas decorations, four baubles, three that the GSs have bought us over the years from skiing holidays and one our eldest son bought steve from his English football team, our DIL is shocked, she over decorates, well both DILs do, I’m not bothering seeing as there’s not the two of us,I usually get them out if the family come over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 01:03 AM   #1417  
Forum Fanatic

So do any of you make dumplings in your beef stew? Steve still pulls my leg about the disappearing dumplings, when we were first married I made a stew, put the dumplings in and saw them getting bigger, he came home from work and I went to serve the stew and they had gone LOL
They are flour and suet , mixed with water to make a dough, you make them into balls and drop them in the gravy to cook, I also added fat as for pastry, that’s the only thing I can think of that make them melt, mind you the gravy was gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #1418  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, I love dumplings in soup - usually chicken, but it's been awhile since I've made them.  I use biscuit dough, like baking powder biscuits.  If you've heard of bisquick -- I make my own mix, so to make the biscuits, you just add water, then drop by spoonfuls into the soup.  I've never had them disappear.  Are you sure your DH didn't eat them and not tell?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #1419  
Forum Fanatic

Melody if he hadn’t been at work I would think maybe he did, ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #1420  
Forum Fanatic

I haven’t heard of bisquik but they sound tasty in soup
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 07:44 AM   #1421  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Morning!

I am running behind today, due to taking a long long hot shower!!  Felt so good today!

Need to move it and feed myself and the dogs!

Catherine, so nice to get new things!!  Can't wait to see a picture of the new sectional! 

I need to comment today too!  I am behind on that as well!  

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 07:59 AM   #1422  
Forum Fanatic

Melody steve bought some pork  but instead of having them as chops he left them as a rib  all together, he cooked then yesterday for dinner and today he cut the remaining meat from the bone for dinner today, so I came down at lunchtime to make a cuppa and he was chewing on the bones, caught in the act!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #1423  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are thankful this morning because our power company was threatening to shut power off this morning through tomorrow night... which would be extra annoying since tomorrow is DH's birthday. We are thankful because they have cancelled it - hurray!

We started decorating yesterday. My piano is covered with my snowmen. In our former house, I would put this display on the fireplace mantel but we are sorely missing such a thing in this house so they go on the piano, as do the stockings. We didn't get the tree decorated (DD1 worked a full shift and was tired and DH was tired too) so hope to do that tonight.

I just uploaded four more cards for H - but did them two to a photo this time.

Jayne, praying all goes well with your appointments.

Gracie, yay for getting your staples out (on DH's birthday!), so glad you are feeling better.

Shelly, you are so right about not pointing your toes with a cramp. I force my heel down which seems to lessen mine when I have them.

Your drive to see the lights sounds lovely. There is a neighborhood in Rocklin where they are required to decorate for Christmas - I mean go all out. It is in their CC&Rs for the neighborhood. We had friends who bought in that neighborhood not realizing what they were getting into because not only do you have to decorate, you have to put up with constant traffic all December. They were so happy to move out of there! But I love to drive around and see the lights.

But Jan, you can decorate just for the two of you...I know, it is a lot of work. If we didn't have the girls, I might not bother with a tree but I'd still put my snowmen out.

I have never had dumplings disappear on me. I would have gone with Melody's guess!

A long, hot shower sounds lovely, Ann.

I just looked at the time, I must run!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #1424  
Proud Fan Club Member

I use Bisquick for shortcakes to go with my strawberries in the summer and I use it for waffles for my chicken and waffles. I make rivels for my potato soup. They are probably similar to dumplings. 

The sun is shining here, but it's deceivingly cold outside. I went to take my recycling, then to the post office to mail a box to my niece in Wisconsin, then to the dollar store in our local grocery store. The package to my niece is actually from Mom oh, I just do all her running. I didn't have a lot of recycling and neither did Mom. But we want to keep up with it because at the end of the month they are going to close our recycling center due to illegal drop offs. A few people ruin it for the rest of us! 

Shelly glad you are getting stocked up on TP. I have four-20 packs in my bedroom, plus at least 8-10 rolls in the bathroom closet. 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #1425  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here is a biscuit recipe.  If anyone wants I can give you the mix recipe.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Baking Powder Biscuits.doc (52.5 KB, 6 views)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #1426  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Make the dough soft and somewhat gooey, as you would for drop biscuits, then just drop into your soup.  The bisquick recipe says cook 10 minutes uncovered, then cover and cook another 10 minutes.  I think I've always just covered and cooked.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #1427  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 232 Likes on 70 Posts

Shirl and Catherine, I received your wonderful Christmas cards today!  Thanks so much!  Mine are going out a few a day.  I may get them all done by the 24th of December.  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #1428  
Stazon Splitcoast

Two questions for Ann Did you see the reply about you leg cramps?
And where is the ABC updated listed? I did not get one! 
Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #1429  
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, Ann had already said she didn't like bananas before your post to try them for leg camps. Bananas are good for us in many ways, but I'm not crazy about them either. I will say when I was really bad mentally (I think on the late 90's) I went through a period of about two weeks when the only thing I could eat was one banana each day! I'm not sure what it was, maybe the potassium, but I couldn't eat anything but a banana each day! 

I didn't get an updated list yet, so I'm assuming Ann hasn't sent them out yet. I'm sure she will when she has time, but this is a busy time of year, and a rough year at that. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #1430  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks
I did not Ann posted about the bananas. I guess I was to busy type LOL! And thank for letting me know! I went to H.E. B. Grocery store no Cherry Cordial Candy anywhere!

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
Linda, Ann had already said she didn't like bananas before your post to try them for leg camps. Bananas are good for us in many ways, but I'm not crazy about them either. I will say when I was really bad mentally (I think on the late 90's) I went through a period of about two weeks when the only thing I could eat was one banana each day! I'm not sure what it was, maybe the potassium, but I couldn't eat anything but a banana each day! 

I didn't get an updated list yet, so I'm assuming Ann hasn't sent them out yet. I'm sure she will when she has time, but this is a busy time of year, and a rough year at that. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #1431  
Forum Fanatic

Melody they look similar to the cheese  biscuits they serve at the red lobster.

Dumplings I think have to be cooked in liquid my Grandma did sometimes put them in a casserole and then when the dumplings were nearly cooked would take the lid off to brown them.

Last edited by jan31; 12-07-2020 at 09:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #1432  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone, I imagine most of you are already tucked in for the night. We just got home. Tonight was DH's work's Christmas drive through. To participate, you had to RSVP for a time slot and then go at that time. You drove through the parking lot, they had a small decorated area and then some people dressed like elves where you would pop your trunk open and they put goodies in there and then you were done.

Since we were all down the hill for that, we drove through several neighborhoods to see the decorations - including our former neighborhood. Our old house didn't have any Christmas lights up but they have a new porch light from when we owned the place. I like it, it is pretty.

We stopped at Walmart on the way home and ended up buying a new Christmas tree. I know we should wait until after Christmas but our tree is dropping fake needles by the bucketload and an employee told us that what they had (which wasn't much left) was all they were going to have of Christmas stuff, it won't be restocked this year.

I'm glad we stopped there because I saw an employee who used to work at a different location. I hadn't seen her there for a long time and missed her because she is such an excellent employee, efficient and helpful. She told me she quit the other location, took some time off, and came back to work. She likes this store better than the one where I was missing her. I'm just glad she is OK. It was lovely to see her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 09:25 PM   #1433  
Forum Fanatic

Yesterday we were having coffee and two young men sat at another table, it wasn’t until they took their masks off I realised it was a waiter we’ve known for years, he has moved around as they close down! We are quite sad as the two girls from the cafe we go to for breakfast  have disappeared since we had the two week lockdown, two of the other girls are there but the others haven’t appeared since, shame as they were really lovely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 09:27 PM   #1434  
Forum Fanatic

The Christmas decorations are up on the streets here too, mind you we don’t venture out at night so we’re not likely to see them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #1435  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Jan, the biscuits are similar to those at Red Lobster, but not cheesy and I think Red Lobster's have more shortening.  But the recipe can be used for biscuits (baked) or for dumplings (steamed in the soup pot).  And quite easy to make.  That was my mom's recipe and she made it a lot.  When my kids were still home, I made biscuits and gravy often, or just the biscuits and we had jam on them.  Most of the time, though, I use a homemade biscuit mix, because I only need to add water.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2020, 01:34 AM   #1436  
Forum Fanatic

Melody I usually eat too many of the cheese biscuits and can’t finish my meal!

Catherine, the tree is really the only decoration I like really but I can’t be bothered to crawl in the attic to get it out.

I had a photo of our youngest GS he’s four, this morning he is making his Christmas cards for his friends, he’d made four apparently he has 21 more to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2020, 01:45 AM   #1437  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Jan stop it...dumplings and stew...my mum made the best dumplings. I’ve only made them twice in the past 30+ years here. I remember having biccies with stew when we were in the States. Was good.  Now I want dumplings...oh my..suet puddings...you can’t beat British food.... lol.

I found a little mojo yesterday but none today even though I did intend to go looking lol.  Tomorrow is another day. A lot happening this end.  Sending hugs to you all.

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2020, 01:48 AM   #1438  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne it’s the cold weather that gets me thinking about hearty food, it’s cold today because of the heavy cloud so I’ve just lit the fire, our villas aren’t build for cold weather. No crafting upstairs as it’s too cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #1439  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Morning everyone!!

It's Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #1440  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Another earthquake!  It felt  like an explosion right under our house! The whole house shook and a big boom!  This one had to be bigger and closer.  I wonder what is going on, to cause all of these all of a sudden. No kind of damage.  There wasn’t shaking like the tremors we got several years ago.
Just read 3.0.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes