Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #1281  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

I made a quiche for dinner mainly to use up the Camembert cheese, just bacon, tomatoes and cheese, it was delicious although we have enough for tomorrow night too!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #1282  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Jan, auishe sounds good.   It DH doesn’t like stuff like that.  He is potato, meat person.  He is cooking a pork tenderloin in the crockpot today.  He was going to grill out but it is too cold out.
You won’t believe it,  it we had another earthquake at a little after 9, today.  Smaller this time and about a mile further from us.  Like I said , these come out of Oklahoma.  It is because of their fracking with oil well drilling etc.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 10:31 AM   #1283  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Afternoon everyone!

We were cleaning and moving things around over the holiday weekend.  Trying to prepare another room for painting.  Still so much we want to do!

I haven't made a card since Tuesday of last week!  This is a record for me!

Shirl, love your decoration!! So pretty!

Jan, hope your craft room stays dry!  Funny how the furniture stays in good shape without kids bouncing on the pieces! 

I'm just doing laundry and trying to get motivated to do other things! And the cold wind is just whipping around the house today and no sun so less motivation!  I think I need a hot chocolate!!   

Have a great day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #1284  
Forum Fanatic

Ann you are still busy, don’t overdo it, we worked none stop and eventually felt too tired so have taken a break, just doing small jobs

Sharon another earthquake, the government always say fracking doesn’t cause earthquakes but who knows what damage they are doing underground, we had a massive one quite a few years back , it really caused terrible damage in a small town about 45 minutes drive from here, buildings were propped up but still being used, so scary for the people living there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #1285  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

Im home! What a morning. Dropped recycling off. Went to get on I80 to cross over the river but a big road truck was parked sideways on the ramp so I couldn't get on. There was an accident, I could see the flashing lights. Then when I got to Walmart, another blocked road because of an accident going into their parking lot. I got gas before Walmart and tried to pay the cellphone bill, but there was a wait list so I decided to do my Walmart runs first. Got dad's RX and then shopped for mom. Got everything on her list except cabbage. Then back in for my stuff. I know I said no more toilet paper but it was just sitting there in the middle of an aisle begging me to get it! It was another 20 pack. So I officially will not need any for nearly two years! Unless family needs some. Then I'll share. I certainly don't need 110 rolls! Oh, and on the way in, they have Christmas candy in plain site! Two bags of the cherry kisses jumped into my cart! I went back down to pay cell bill. They have made some stupid changes. I always paid cash. Last month they made me use a card. This month I had to take a picture of my driver's license to allow them to pull the money from my account. I was so frustrated, then waited in line at Dunkin for a coffee, while inconsiderate people pulled their car in front of mine! Had to pray and ask God to help me get over my anger. Then I cried all the way home! I'm good now! LOL

Last edited by muscrat; 11-30-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #1286  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy good to hear you are ok after all that, we are gradually paying all our bills by direct debit as the banks will only let you pay cash for bills on certain days at certain times, gets frustrating 
Those pesky chocolate kisses just won’t keep away from you will they, ha, ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #1287  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Here in the daytime- lol..... My house smells heavenly- making broth for Turkey soup- yum!!!  

Shirl, we are on Season 4 of the Crown, and it is the best so far- not sure if it is the story or the scenery....  

Jan- your projects....you and hubby get so much done!  Glad you are liking the technique from Falliday too. COngrats- Silver wedding Anniversary- what is your date?  My parents were May 30th!  I hope vaccines are out and your family can all come- what a blessing that would be!
Watching the Queen, I feel so sad for Charles and DIana- not the magical storyline we all have in our heads! I remember where I was when she died too- I was at work in the ICU at a hospital.  None of us could talk- so in shock!  There is a hotel room in Chicago Diana stayed in- you pay what she paid and get all of the same meals- and ....$34,000 a night.....

Kathy- I am lucky- went to get groceries today and I walked right on by the Chocolates : )  Or, maybe you think I am NOT lucky!  LOL  I have to get 5 more pounds off so I do not have to have a sleep appliance....for mild sleep apnea.....  But, I cannot walk past the popcorn- it is low salt and not greasy....yum! LOL, I have enough TP to last about a month!  Hubby came with me to Target about a week ago- 4 aisles of paper towels and TP- totally cleaned out!!! It was a shock to him!

Ann- hope you are talking it slow and easy on your joints and all!  Yes, the wind is crazy today!!! 

Sharon- glad you are feeling better!  I am fortunate- my hubby grew up on a farm, so definately a meat and potato's guy, but as I take this cooking class and 'try' different things, he will eat...anything!  He has not complained once!  I am using less beef (yum) and more chicken and fish....  On occasion, I make him something pork and I have a salad or soup....  (allergic).  Sorry about the continued earthquakes!  That is so crazy! We have felt one or two very small ones years ago.

Catherine- thanks for the info on the Vegan cooking- I am finding thoise good recipes for dairy and egg substitutes!  Andf, hope your furniture looking goes well.  I have such a hard time picking out colors and furniture!

Jayne- we need to Zoom and try to get the Mojo going!  LOL- Dagmar- maybe we can get you in the right time as well! I had nothing today- going to work on a Zentangle tonight for the Teapot Tickle! 

Melodie- can you stitch that small without a magnifier?  Just curious!  Very pretty!

Gracie- hope your head is not too sore today!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 02:02 PM   #1288  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Hi all, we are just back from a walk. Course now that we are back the sun showed up again. It was sunny this a.m. with lots of wind and then got cloudy and we went after lunch. Then the sun came back just as we were home.  Didn't make it out yesterday so had to be done today, lol.

Kathy, I am sorry you had such a trying morning. That can be so annoying. Love how your shopping cart is a choc magnet, lol.

Sharon, I was happy to hear you were back in your craft room again. I love pork tenderloin. What all does he put in the crockpot with it?

Ann, I have been thinking of hot chocolate lately. Too lazy to make one though, lol. Doing a load of towels right now, but not too motivated to do much myself.

Catherine re the tempo-okay I'll bite- what has being built on a Monday or Friday mean, lol? I have never heard that phrase.

Shelly, I love turkey soup. YUM!

Linda hope you are having a better day today?

Jan, what do you mean messing with ribbon? I must have missed that post.

Gracie-thinking of you this morning!

Hi Melody, Jayne and all I have missed.

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #1289  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I wondered the same thing? What's wrong with Monday or Friday?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #1290  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, just saw your beautiful card. What is #mysterymondaystamping?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #1291  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so glad you asked. Every Monday at 4:00 p.m. central (5 p.m Eastern) Sharon Armstrong host a mystery Monday card event on youtube. Her channel is TXstampingSharon. The day before, she posts clue number one which is always a list of the supplies we will need. Then on Monday you tune in live and she gives the rest of the clues one by one. We can't see each other's cards so I post my card on here and add the #mysterymondaystamping as a keyword. After the live event, you can go back in and still do the cards so you could check out what we're doing and then join us monday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #1292  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, yeah, I have seen her online before. She's good! Thanks

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #1293  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Hi everyone! I had to go get gas after work and then go into Sam's Club. DH was so sweet to go do the grocery shopping last Wednesday so I wouldn't have to after both work and my chiro appointment, but Sam's has renovated since he was last doing the shopping regularly so he didn't find some important things. So, I needed to run in a get a few things or we won't have enough ingredients for salads this week.

Lots of chatter again, yay!

Jan, I agree, the wealthy - whether they be the Royal family, celebrities, or politicians - seem to think the rules don't apply to them, even though they made all those ads about all of us being in the same boat and in this together. I don't think so, I think they are all on yachts and I'm in a little dinghy! It does get frustrating, just like the governor of CA imposed all these restrictions but then went out to a nice, expensive dinner with quite a group. Double standard much?

Leftovers, Jan? Even better! I love having leftovers. I have dinner cooking right now while I'm checking in. Tonight we are having coconut curry lentil soup and cornbread.

Another earthquake, Sharon? Goodness!

Ann, you should make yourself a hot chocolate, put your feet up, and read a fabulous book (I'd say watch a movie but I know that isn't your thing so much).

Goodness, Kathy, that sounds like quite the challenging morning. No wonder those chocolates jumped into your cart! I usually pay my Verizon bill online but have been known to get frustrated doing that. They want two step authentication to go into my account to pay my bill. I say if someone wants to pay my bill, they are welcome to do so, don't make it difficult for them to do that!

What? Shelly posted during the daytime?! How did that happen? We'll see how the furniture search goes, having never actually purchased furniture before (other than our waterbed decades ago when we got married), this is all new to me.

Shirl and Kathy, I guess this expression isn't everywhere. The saying about not buying a car that was manufactured on a Monday or Friday has to do with the idea that it might be more likely to be a lemon car being built on those days. Monday because the employees are hungover from their weekend partying and Friday because they can't wait to get to their weekend partying. No idea if there is anything legitimate about that expression, it was just an expression I learned growing up.

Now I have to go check out your card, Kathy. That sounds intriguing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #1294  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hmm, I'm watching the Mystery Monday stamping video while eating dinner and I think Kathy just told her she could read through the paper and got clue 4 done before it was shown! Was that you, Kathy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #1295  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Hi all, we are just back from a walk. Course now that we are back the sun showed up again. It was sunny this a.m. with lots of wind and then got cloudy and we went after lunch. Then the sun came back just as we were home.  Didn't make it out yesterday so had to be done today, lol.

Kathy, I am sorry you had such a trying morning. That can be so annoying. Love how your shopping cart is a choc magnet, lol.

Sharon, I was happy to hear you were back in your craft room again. I love pork tenderloin. What all does he put in the crockpot with it?

Ann, I have been thinking of hot chocolate lately. Too lazy to make one though, lol. Doing a load of towels right now, but not too motivated to do much myself.

Catherine re the tempo-okay I'll bite- what has being built on a Monday or Friday mean, lol? I have never heard that phrase.

Shelly, I love turkey soup. YUM!

Linda hope you are having a better day today? in some ways..... But, not really because it cold and body dose not like the cold weather. And my and dad's anniversary is coming up Dec. 22rd they would be married 54 years

Jan, what do you mean messing with ribbon? I must have missed that post.

Gracie-thinking of you this morning!

Hi Melody, Jayne and all I have missed.

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:44 PM   #1296  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hmm, I'm watching the Mystery Monday stamping video while eating dinner and I think Kathy just told her she could read through the paper and got clue 4 done before it was shown! Was that you, Kathy?

Yes it was me! LOL. You know the detective in me, but she just found out! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #1297  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Naughty Kathy! It was fun to see the chat with the video and see you got some giggles from it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #1298  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly it’s our Golden wedding and funnily enough it’s on May 29th! Where did that 50 years go! It’s  also our sons wedding anniversary too, my aunt told my mum on our wedding day I was too young at 18 and it wouldn’t last! Of course steve says he would have done less time for murder!

Shirl messing with ribbon, well I started off doing the twine challenge on the FF, I only have a bauble die that works with that idea but I loved it so much I started doing it with ribbon, I have enough to start a shop, ribbon that is, anyway I have six Christmas cards finished and about ten more fronts half finished, seeing as I’ve written all my cards for this year I now have some for next year.

Catherine your curry sounds delicious, we love curries, steve likes the fish one is we go to our Indian restaurant but the thought of fish in curry! No way

Kathy that sounds like fun, do they use supplies that you normally have in your stash?
I will check out your card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #1299  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly forgot to say when Diana died we were going on a holiday in our caravan to Cornwall with my mum and dad, steve woke me up to tell me she had died, all the way to Cornwall all we heard on the news was about her life etc, such a shock, 
Now it’s all been dragged up again with the programme, all the conspiracy theories, etc every day there’s something in the English newspapers about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:57 AM   #1300  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Good morning!
Jan, that whole Diana conspiracy thing reminds me of the Kennedy assassination conspiracy that still gets dredged up every time there is a big anniversary. Mkenedys were closest thing to royal our country had. Back in my day.  I guess now a lot of people don’t remember already.   It that was first thing in my life where I remember where I was when it was announced. It  still brings a tear. I remember watching everything over and over on tv at our Christian youth meeting at our leader’s house, and seeing on live tv the assassin being assassinated!  I was away at college.  We just passed that anniversary November 22, almost 60 years , well exactly  57 years ago. 

Anyway. Good morning!

I will have to go watch Kathy!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #1301  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, yes, supplies you already have. Here's a screenshot. Look where it says Clue #1.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-screenshot_20201201-111311.png  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #1302  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Another sunny day here in Northern California. 

Jan, your Steve is naughty, do less time for murder, ha! Sounds like a fun guy and it just goes to show what your aunt knew!

Sharon, my mom told me about where she was when she heard the news about Kennedy. Such a shock. The Waltons - remember that show? - had quite a moving episode about it too. You're right, though, people don't remember it so much now. I realized I was getting old when I read one of those posts about that current year's graduating class (high school) never having known about the Challenger space shuttle explosion. DH and I were at college in France that year. Those kinds of posts are always mind boggling to read.

Kathy, I was glad I watched the video. I wouldn't have any idea from the photo of your lovely card that it has a z fold on top. It is pretty.

I discovered that I haven't made quite enough Christmas cards even though I've been churning them out like crazy! I still need a few more.

Here is a beautiful medley (I guess the current term is mash up) of two Christmas songs to get you in the spirit of the season. Enjoy!

<div
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #1303  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I watchednthat video a daynormtwonago. Beautiful! Didmyoumlisten to Matt and Savannah Shaws version ofnMary DidnYou Know? Gave me chills!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #1304  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I went to find it and its gone! They had several of their songs from their holiday album and they are gone! I'm wondering if they released them for a short time to gather interest and then maybe pulled them down then! It was beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #1305  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is the song that first drew me to Peter Hollens. He's amazing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #1306  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon I remember hearing the news about Kennedy being shot, so shocking seeing the footage too, 

Kathy that’s good that it’s nothing particular, I thought maybe it would be specific items.
Good that you can use what you have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #1307  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all! A beautiful and bright sunny day here today. Just above freezing.

Linda, do you have a blanket over your lap to keep you warm?.....When I sit and watch tv I always have my mom's afghan over me and the warmth gives me a good feeling of well being.

All this talk of anniversary's.......I will share with you all that it is our 30th anniversary today- Dec. 1st! We are going to go to a real restaurant! I am a little apprehensive doing that, so any prayers you want to say are much appreciated.

I remember where I was when Diana died, we had heard she was in an accident, but not that she had died. We were on our way to Cruise In that night, which was in our town and showcased people's vintage cars. Then when we got home we found out she had died. It was just so shocking.

I remember where I was when John Kennedy was shot too, and when his son and wife went down in their plane too.

Jan too funny about you have enough ribbon to open a shop. I want to say me as well!

Have a good day everyone!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #1308  
Proud Fan Club Member

I found the video I was looking for earlier!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #1309  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Reminder!

Tomorrow's letter is "H" and the theme is Holiday!!

Keywords: ABC14H8, ABC14, and your personal keyword!

Have fun!!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #1310  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can wait to post my H projects I love it so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #1311  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a sneak peek!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 04:37 PM   #1312  
Stazon Splitcoast

never mind

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
Here's a sneak peek!

Last edited by hotwheels; 12-01-2020 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #1313  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't know which thread I was discussing my PVD eye issues, but this young doctor explains eye issues very well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #1314  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm so far behind on chat! I've read through it, but I am too tired to comment on everything. I've been napping a lot lately and finally got one card made today!

Have a wonderful evening all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:41 PM   #1315  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Busy day, after work I went to a local furniture store that has excellent Yelp ratings. I'm excited and want to take the rest of the family in to take a look. They have a company that they sell for that makes custom couches right in Sacramento - and the price is comparable, maybe just a little higher. We'll see what happens.

Kathy, I haven't listened to that particular song of Matt and Savannah Shaw's but I have listened to other recordings of them, they are lovely. And yes, Peter Hollens is wonderful too.

Ann, excellent theme for this week, just what I need to get the rest of my Christmas cards made!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #1316  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie! I hope you haven't been dealing with headaches but wouldn't be surprised if you were. Glad you got a card made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #1317  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickForums at Splitcoaststampers
Gracie! I hope you haven't been dealing with headaches but wouldn't be surprised if you were. Glad you got a card made.

Yes, I've been taking Aleve and when it wears off, my head starts hurting. I've had some dizziness, but am getting better. I was on Zoom with Ann, Sharon and Shelly today for an hour. Just taking things a lot slower this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 06:08 PM   #1318  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad you are getting better. Too bad I work on Tuesdays, I'd love to join you all on Zoom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 06:41 PM   #1319  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We'll have to plan an Alpha group Zoom again, soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #1320  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly I love your windmills, I can remember when the Netherlands was called Holland, sign of getting old!
Reply With Quote Likes