Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2020, 04:50 PM   #1201  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Stay safe, Sharon, and rest!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #1202  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

In a few days I will be doing my holiday card and not Christmas either LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #1203  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Sharon thank goodness you are safe, has it done any damage? hope you are feeling a little better, we’ve had a few earthquakes but one we actually heard coming it sounded like a steam train then our bed started moving, like it was tap dancing, very scary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #1204  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

(((Sharon))) rest well and gosh earthquakes. Glad you are ok.  We get them here but usually in regional areas and up north.

Ann, what a great pressie from your son.  Hope you are feeling better. 

Kathy, enjoy your choccie.  Yes those 6 ingredients are the key to good health. 

We did go Black Friday shopping but usually don’t.  It’s a fairly new thing here and to me is an American thing. The whole world seems to now do it. 

We bought ourselves a Mac air laptop as our Xmas pressie to each other. It’s in order and we may not get it for a couple of months lol as I think it had to come from China.  I will use it for craft and DH will use it for family history when we go visiting his family so he can show them his tree, etc.  We are certainly held to ransom by Apple in this household. We got $200 off the price so we braved the shops today....we were there as they were opening and out before the rush. We also got a new frying pan which we also needed lol.  

I’ve been spending part of the day unsubscribing to emails and trying to find my mojo.  I ended up going onto our local craft site...who also were having a Black Friday sale for 4 days and got some Dylusions stamps cheaply that were on my wish list.  The kids wanted to know what I wanted for Xmas so they will be told they’ve bought me stamps lol.

DH is oiling our deck and I've been very lazy. I overdid things yesterday and after coming home from the shops I hit the wall.  We do need to start making our annual to do list and I need to start doing instead of seeing things on paper all the time.  So many unfinished projects.  2021 will be the year to finally nail them.

Hi to everyone else..waving and sending hugs to you all.  It’s time to think dinner.....moussaka..not made that for a while...then head to my craft room and think.  I’m behind so many challenges but will get back to them in time.

Keep safe and well everyone 

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 02:42 AM   #1205  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne I love moussaka, haven’t made it for ages either.

Sun is out thank goodness and everything is drying , hopefully that’s the end of it as I’ve just hung my washing out.

Our Internet kept going on and off the other day, steve phoned the engineer, twice, he tried to make out it’s because we have all apple products that keep updating and using all our data, load of BS I think as my computer wouldn’t work either, since then it’s been fine, funny how it’s never a fault their end but it always works after we ring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 02:44 AM   #1206  
Forum Fanatic

I’m obsessed with the twine challenge that was on the FF challenge, I’ve now made six Christmas cards using gold ribbon, I could make a thousand with all the ribbon I have, ha,ha, 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #1207  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

No earthquake damage that I know of, but you never know about cracks on foundation might show up later, etc.  but not our worry since we rent. 

We saw the photo of where it hit, the two spots are just blocks from here.  Other people have said they thought a car hit their house.  That is exactly what I thought!

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers.  I had a good night sleep, and am somewhat better today.  I sounded like a deep. Once last night.  DH was laughing at me; he says I sound better today.  I just can’t think where I got such a bad cold from, with not going out much and wearing masks!  Now I suppose my DH will get it. I have been spraying disinfectant and washing, washing, but we do sleep in the same bed. He spoiled me yesterday and warmed up turkey leftovers twice for me.
Here is hoping today is better.  And does anyone know what day it is?? LOL

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 05:53 AM   #1208  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon I’m pleased to hear you are a little better and being looked after, steve is a good nurse, very patient unlike me, ha,ha,
It is strange that you caught a cold with all the washing, etc, etc, every little couch or tickly throat and I get worried!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 07:32 AM   #1209  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Good morning all! 

Sharon, so glad you have a good nurse in Steve, and happy that you're starting to feel better. An earthquake! How scary!

Shelly enjoy your time with family in Carolina. I'm sure DD appreciates you coming to visit!

Kathy, that's amazing that Walmart wasn't packed on Black Friday. I remember years ago driving by Walmart and seeing lines of people around the building! My weakness is Milky Way sea salt caramel candy bars. The Dollar Tree used to carry them, but haven't seen them in a while. That's probably a good thing! LOL

Ann, what sweet sons you have! A new warm parka! How thoughtful! And, you are so good at getting things done ahead of time! Wow, shopping all done as well as your Christmas cards all sent! You are amazing!

Jan, I'm sure it was hard not being with your son and family at Thanksgiving this year. I'm glad you got to chat with them. Grandchildren grow up so fast!

Welcome back Jayne! I'm so glad you had that time with family and were able to get away from all the doctoring! Sending Hugs!

Hello to everyone else and great to hear from Victoria, Ann. Send her my love!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the neighbors, DH, my DD and Stacey. So much yummy food. My favorite was the sweet potato casserole with butter and pecans! Yum!

My DD and I did get to our outdoor sale yesterday but not until 3 p.m. There was a bit of a detour. DH, DD and I were loading the truck, when I was carrying something from the back bedroom and caught my foot on the bedspread. I went flying and hit my head on the door frame. It felt like I was hit by a sledge hammer. Remember, why I'm called Gracie??? My DD yelled, are you OK and I usually say, I'm fine. I said, "No, not this time." She came running. Blood everywhere as I had cut open my head. DD said she could see my skull. Needless to say DH and DD rushed me to ER.

The Dr. stapled my scalp back together. 10 staples! He said it was my choice of whether to have a CAT scan of my head, but I hadn't lost consciousness and wasn't seeing double, so he was OK with me going home as I was coherent. I could come back if things changed. What a day!

I told the nurse about our sale and she said I could go if I wanted to as long as I just sat there. She told my daughter to spray the blood out of my hair and put a hat on me! LOL So we went home and I told DH and DD let's go. No sense sitting home and pouting. They set up the tent and tables. I had a table where kids could write letters to Santa and then, I'd sneak letters "written by Santa" in envelopes posted from the North Pole to their parents. They just had to fill in the children's names. The parents loved that! 

It was very cold and windy for Arizona, but my neighbor brought us an outdoor propane heater. Small crowds and everyone wore masks. Sold some cards and DD gave out cards for her custom wood working business. Everyone stopped and complimented her on her workmanship. 

Santa came at 6 pm on a firetruck and there was a big line of children waiting and cheering when he showed up. He had a face mask and shield so the kids did get to give him their letters and sit on his lap. It was just like the old days! I loved seeing how excited the children were!

Needless to say, I was exhausted when we got home at 7 p.m. The sale didn't go as planned, but it did get me into the holiday spirit seeing the thrilled faces of the children when Santa arrived!

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 11-28-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 07:48 AM   #1210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Gracie!!!  Cut open your head?  10 staples?  On, my goodness Alpha sis! Prayers for quick healing and no complications.  I am glad your DD was with you.  dDs can be so comforting.  And you got into the spirit anyway.  Good for you!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #1211  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

Oh Gracie! You made me cry! How awful! And you STILL went to the outdoor sale! You are a trooper! Now me? I'd have gone home and had a pity party!! Prayers you heal quickly and have no bad after affects. Ten staples!! I hurt just thinking about it!

I'm getting things done today. But it's stuff only I would notice. I cleaned out the hall closet. Junk I have no reason saving! I always think I might need it someday, but today I pack it up for the thrift store and someone who can use it now! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 08:57 AM   #1212  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!  Still morning here!!

GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!  I hurt just thinking of you with 10 staples!  Ouch!  How are you feeling today?  Take it easy!  I think you do need to wrap yourself in bubble wrap!

Sharon, glad you are feeling better today, Larry is a good caregiver!!

Jan, happy to here the sun is out for you!!  Here too today!!

I had to think what day it was today too.  Funny thing the clock my son bought that displays the day of the week, time, etc, just went nuts and turned the writing upside down and mirror image!  Here we thought we had such a good item to keep us on track of what day it was!  Son is writing the company!  

Off to eat and do laundry!  Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #1213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Ann, your clock that went nutso made me laugh! Weird!

Yes, just relaxing today. Still feels like someone clunked me on the head! Too bad it wasn't Halloween...I could be the bride of Frankenstein! 

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Last edited by JRHolbrook; 11-28-2020 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #1214  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 130 Likes on 61 Posts

Good evening,

Gracie!!! Ouch. Rest and relaxe. 

Sharon, glad you are feeling better today. Rest and relaxe. Earthquakes , glad you are ok.  

Ann, a new warm Parka, You have a thoughtful son.

Shelly  enjoy your time with your family.

Sending well wishes to all who need them. 
Wish you all a good weekend and sending hugs.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #1215  
Forum Fanatic

Gracie, how awful, you are brave still going to the sale!  How lovely for the kids to see Santa, when we were kids we used to write to santa and throw it up the chimney, ha,ha, never entered our heads they would fall down and burn, we did get a letter back fromSanta that even had a stamp from Iceland
When steve was in the army and we lived in Germany Santa arrived at the school in a helicopter, the kids were so excited but being army kids never thought it was strange transport for Santa.
A few years ago we were on a trip in Spain and stopped at a restaurant for breakfast but because it was a few weeks before Christmas we all had Santa hats on, we were just eating when a little girl came around the corner took one look at steve and ran away, next thing she has her mum with her telling her that it was papa Noel, it was so funny, he does have a grey beard, her family thought it was so funny.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #1216  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good evening, everyone! Lovely and cool day here. DH and I went for a hike. It was a little longer than my foot would have liked but it was a lovely and fun hike.

Today, I made a big Thanksgiving-like lunch. There was a roast (veggie) that I wanted to try making and DD2 was sad that we didn't have a bunch of leftovers from Thanksgiving so I made a meal with all the fixings. She was quite happy and the new roast was well received.

Wow, Sharon, earthquakes? I can't tell you how many times my co-workers and friends would say, "Did you feel that?" when we lived in southern California. I'd say, "Feel what?" and they'd say we had just had an earthquake! Honestly, they had to be pretty big for me to feel it. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Oh my goodness, Gracie! What an experience. Yes, head wounds are extra bloody. I'm impressed that you still went to the craft sale. Take care of yourself, please!

Ann, thanks for passing the message on from Vickster. Sure miss her!

So you are Mrs. Claus, Jan? What did Steve think of his new title?

DH and I have been watching The Crown. It has been interesting, I have to keep reminding myself that this is a fictional drama based on actual events. We are on season four, so almost caught up with them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 07:54 PM   #1217  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Gracie))).  Take care and heal quickly. Wow that’s a lot of staples. You are a trooper still to go to your craft sale. I probably would have given it a miss...depends on how involved I was. I love what you did for the children. I love to see Santa and the little faces when he arrives and he asks them about Xmas. Such a wonderful thing you did for them. Glad Stacey had some enquires too and hope she gets some sales.  Your thanksgiving sounded fun too.

Catherine a hike would be good. We just went for a stroll...neither of us could manage much more plus it’s windy out today. I love roast veggies.  

Jan, the moussaka was a bit sloppy but tasty. I find lamb mince greasier than beef plus I didn’t put enough aubergines in. It made a change from my usual repertoire lol.  Hope the sun is still shining for you. We have rain coming and DH is glad his oiled deck is dry. 

We made our lists of jobs for the rest of this month and next year. We have an annual list we keep on the side of the fridge. Not much gets ticked off it lol.  I’m on a mission to go through all of the rooms again.  Kathy, I am hoarding stuff still and think why don’t I just give it to someone who will use it and appreciate it.  I’m going to start with small steps and thankfully it shouldn’t be a big job given we only did it at the beginning of this year.

Ann, your clock must be over 2020 too. Take care.

Has anyone put their decorations up yet for Xmas?  Is anyone not doing it?  I was debating to give it a miss. Just the thought of the boxes coming in from the garage makes me feel tired lol...I’m sure I will do it for the poppets and kids but maybe not all of it this year...we shall see.

I’m back to medical appointments again from this week...doh!  I have two weeks to finally make my final decision. I was firm on it and then swayed and back again.  I’m trying not to think about it.  I’ve also run out of my meds today and don’t have a script. Hopefully when our pharmacy opens tomorrow he will give me some and wait for the script as getting in to see Drs isn’t always easy, plus my Dr has left and I will be seeing a new person...not happy about that as I like to stay with the same person.

I did get into my craft room last night....pulled out a heap of stuff for the December theme..left it all on the desk and walked out lol.  My mojo has gone back into hiding again.  Dagmar, has yours come back yet?

Saying hi to everyone...a few are missing but it’s a busy time. Have fun

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #1218  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne we don’t always use lamb mince as you can’t buy it here and we very often use potatoes instead of aubergines or a mixture as I prefer them grilled on the BBQ than in something.
Had a lovely sunny day yesterday, I had rain get in my craft room, through the patio doors, it had run underneath my unit, one soggy box but nothing else ruined.
Apart from the cards using twine I haven’t felt like crafting, I’ve been putting all my card bases together, many I’ve had for years, cards started and discarded, tidying drawers with coloured papers and card just stuff like that but last night I didn’t feel too well, headache etc but I feel ok this morning, just tired I think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:24 PM   #1219  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne I hope your medical appointments go well, we have a lovely doctor and we would be upset if she ever left.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 09:26 PM   #1220  
Forum Fanatic

We were pleased that with all the rain the work on the roof of the arbor worked, no rain came through although it was so windy that the rain got on to the furniture as it blew it in from the front , the pool is filthy so that’s a job for today when we’ve had our walk.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #1221  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Jan..the recipe did say potatoes could be added and I think in the past I have added them but I didn’t want carbs lol.  I baked the aubergines first in the oven. I also like them grilled on the bbq..and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are my favourite veg I think...after sprouts and broccoli..oh and cauliflower...mmm cauliflower cheese...oh my I’m hungry now.

Glad you didn’t get too much damage in your craft room. I still haven’t got back to my play room.  I just can’t be bothered right now and really will have to push myself as the theme samples need to be done.  It’s hard after a holiday...we are both feeling so lazy.

Thanks re the appointments. One should be fairly easy, the other is the tricky one.....ok...going to move.  I’ve been reading about zentangling and commenting on some DT and other cards.  I still have emails and pms to reply too....I just can’t seem to get on top of some things.  We went a walk..well more like a stroll...and we both are stuffed.

Enjoy your day...and everyone.....I am definitely moving...now lol

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 03:07 AM   #1222  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 130 Likes on 61 Posts

Happy first Advent everyone.

Jayne my mojo is not back yet. 

The sun is shining, but it is cold. We could get snow next week, thats what the forecast says. 

Gracie, Sharon, Kathy and Shelly sending get well wishes to you. 

Hugs to you all. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #1223  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dagmar mine neither...I went to create a card this arvo and ended up ripping it apart. It was awful. I just can’t get motivated.  There’s always tomorrow.  Keep warm and safe and well.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #1224  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 232 Likes on 70 Posts

GRACIE, I have such a headache in your honor!  You still went to the sale???  You were determined to enjoy the day, that’s for sure!  My goodness, girl!

Sharon, how are you feeling today?  Much better, I hope.

I typed an entire book yesterday and thought I’d hit Post but came back later and saw it still at the bottom.  Naturally it was then too late to send it!

I started working on the hippie book for DH’s DIL, but when he reminded me she was just a child in the late 60s I kind of lost my mojo for the project.  She was too young to understand the Vietnam war.  We think maybe it was the clothing that she liked, not the cause and the resulting protests, so I don’t think I’ll do the project after all.  I had downloaded documents about the cause and effect, and the bands of the time, how their music reflected the times, all sorts of info.  Oh well, it brought back lots of memories for me.

We are still enjoying Thanksgiving dinner.  . Leftover turkey, dressing and green bean casserole!

I don’t know what I’ll do for cards this holiday season, probably (gasp) store-bought.  My mojo on cards has gotten buried under these journals!

Speaking of putting up decorations...  DH came stomping into the house yesterday saying he was never again putting up the outdoor lights.  It was cold, his fingers were numb, the lights (as usual) kept tangling, and he had to go to the dollar store to buy a small string to finish what he was doing.  Next year we will be content with wreaths...  maybe.

He said putting up the lights has made him swear never to do it again, and he’s been putting them up for 30 years!

Did anyone do any Black Friday-Saturday shopping?  DH went to Walmart for a couple of grocery items and said the store was nearly empty.  I ordered some underthings at one store and some much-needed tops at another.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:04 AM   #1225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!

I am better, but DHis going to church without me.  I still sound like my voice is base. 
But slept well, thank you everyone!

Kandie, my DH quit on putting up lights about 15 years ago, and hasn’t done it since,

I am bad!   I only spent about $30.00 for Black Friday but it was on me!  Oxide inks  at our LSS where everything was 20% off.  I did it for them, for Small Business Saturday.
I don’t know how they have stayed open in this pandemic!  I did it over the phone and she will hold the sack for me till I feel like picking it up.

Windy, cold, cloudy, today.  I think there is snow in forecast for next week.

I haven’t crafted since Thanksgiving day, and that was first crafting since Falliday Fest.   Talk about no mojo!
Nice to read the chatting.  
Have a nice Sunday , everyone.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:13 AM   #1226  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, if I hadn't started cards last year, no one would be getting any this year! I mailed many this year. I haven't been to church all year, so I won't be putting any in church mailboxes. Its funny how those church mailboxes have evolved over the years. When we first started putting Christmas cards in them, it was a fund raiser for our missionaries. The idea was to give the money you would have spent on stamps to our missionary fund. Over the years bit evolved into a free way to give cards. I think the change started when our group 's president allowed us to use her bakery equipment to make and sell donuts! Yum! She had closed her bakery, but still had the equipment and the shop, which was attached to her home. After we stopped doing that fundraiser a man in our church gave us a labeling project that we could do at church. A group of ladies met on Tuesday's in the "labeling" room. It was easy and good fellowship. We did that for many years and raised thousands of dollars each year. Then the job ended because the plant closed at that location. I think now its basically donation driven at this point. When I left the group, we were sending some support for five missionaries each month. I used to coordinate missionary weekend events when one of them would come home for a year. I think every four years they would come home and speak at churches to raise more support. We would have them come Friday night for a service, then Saturday morning we'd have a brunch and get to know them better. The weekend ended with a Sunday morning worship service. I enjoyed being coordinator because I got to spend time with them. I would even arrange accommodations and meals. We had a wonderful widow lady who was an excellent hostess and many times the missionaries stayed with her. Her oldest daughter did missionary work for many years. Her granddaughter is currently serving in Africa and is engaged to a man from there! 

Wow! Didn't mean to go into so much detail! This all started with mailing cards! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #1227  
Proud Fan Club Member

The only decorating you will find here is the Christmas cards from friends. No reason to put it all up this year. Maybe we'll focus more on why we celebrate now! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #1228  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

Good morning, ladies.  I haven't been making cards, but have been crocheting snowflake ornaments. 

Kandie, if you have a stash of cards that aren't specific for birthdays, get well, etc., use them for your Christmas cards.  Just add a holiday greeting inside.  Be unique!

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_3344.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_3351.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:53 AM   #1229  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

We have our tree UP --- by that I mean it's standing.  DH HATES putting up the tree.  He does the lights, and of course, every year has issues with them, because they don't work and he has to go buy new ones.  He found one string working this year, but some of the bulbs are out.  We brought all the ornaments up from the basement, but don't want to put them on until the lights are on, so they are piled on a chair and table.  Mostly I have handmade ones, since a lot of the others have gotten broken over the years.  We don't do outside, except I put a sleighbell thing on the front door.  It was more fun when the kids were still here, but I still like having the tree.  DH likes it once it's up and decorated.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 06:59 AM   #1230  
Forum Fanatic

Melody the crochet decorations are beautiful.

Sharon glad to hear you are getting better.

We don’t put decorations up if there’s just the two of us, just cards from friends and relatives,one friend in England emailed to ask if we should send cards,I said maybe not this year as our post is awful at the moment,she said her DD sent her birthday card with vouchers for the garden centre, it arrived with a note in a PO envelope, the original envelope had been ripped open, she said they obviously thought it was money but didn’t want vouchers, some people are so dishonest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #1231  
Forum Fanatic

Our son I England has put the tree up already, they sent photos of GS in  the cart with the Christmas tree!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 07:04 AM   #1232  
Forum Fanatic

Melody if steve had any input to Christmas decorations they would go straight in the bin, he hates them, our son bought a bauble from his football team and he always sends the family a photo of him putting the trimmings up, one bauble,  that’s what they were called when I was a girl! Trimmings, Jayne did you call them trimmings too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #1233  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! DD1 is at work and I've been working here at home but finally allowed myself a quick break for a cup of tea and to check in here.

Jayne, thinking of you with your doctor appointments and decision. Praying for you!

As for Christmas decor, yes, we will be putting it up. Our neighbor already has his lights up (I think they went up Thanksgiving night). Last year we figured out how to use our light nets that we bought for the shrubs at our former house. We draped them over the ornamental fence in front of our house. I'm sure he was glad we finally got with the program! lol

Jan, yay for your roof being watertight now. Ugh to the water getting into your craft room though I'm glad not much was water damaged.

Happy first Advent, Dagmar. I hope your mojo and Jayne's returns soon. I'm sure your samples will be fabulous.

Kandie, your story about your DH grumbling about putting up the lights made me smile (sorry to your DH). I remember my dad grumbling about the lights and the inevitable tangle they were in. He finally put them up and then just left them there year round but only plugged them in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. When we were at our previous house, it had three peaks for the roofline and DH put lights up so precisely, it looked wonderful. They came down for re-roofing and we never had lights up on the house again. I was looking at this house and said I thought it would be lovely to have lights up on the house...I'm not sure he shares my sentiment partially because he is SO precise about the lights when he puts them up - think military precision. We'll see.

I'm glad you are feeling better, Sharon, and that you slept well. So you still have your sexy bass voice! Good for you supporting your local LSS. We don't have any of those any longer, sadly, just the big box stores. And no, I have done no shopping.

What beautiful crocheted snowflake ornaments, Melody. I have a number of those that go on my tree. Some were made by my mom. I do have some that I need to stiffen but haven't done that yet.

We'll have to protect the tree again this year. Life was simpler before Wesley came to live here! Most of our ornaments are special to us. I have a lot of music themed ones, penguins for DH, ballet and various things for DD1, ballet and various things for DD2. Those last two sections of ornaments are for them to take with them when they move out. Though DD1 always wants a themed tree so she may not want her ornaments. I told her our tree has a theme, it is family favorites!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #1234  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon all!!

No tree for me this year either!  No one coming so why bother!  Might just put up a house or two for my village, maybe!  Still not set on that either. And no outside lights either, nothing up since we resided the house and didn't want to ruin the new stuff!

It's overcast and about 40 degrees here!

Been packing and cleaning stuff today!  Busy, busy! 

Sharon, so glad you are doing better!

Jayne, good luck with the appointments!

Melody, love those ornaments!  Beautiful work!

Kandie, didn't do any black Friday shopping as my shopping was all done prior to the day!  LOL!  You know me I am not a procrastinator!! 

Catherine, I have to go through ornaments too and separate the ones for my sons that are theirs! That's a job for another day!! 

No mojo here either.  I did my teapotters card on Tuesday and have not gotten the motivation to post it yet!  Could be that I don't like it!! LOL!

Ok it's back to work for me!!  Later everyone! Enjoy your Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 11:40 AM   #1235  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Happy Sunday to all! We had very sunny this a.m. Temps are just above freezing. Getting a little cloudier now. We had lots of rain before today so this is welcome.

Melody, your dh sounds like mine in a way. But this year we got the lights up and then we can't wait to turn them on. In our condo we cannot even put lights up till Nov. 15th, and then have to have them taken down by Jan. 31st. It is still so dark then, I would rather leave them up and on but those are the rules.

I like your idea of putting a sleigh bell on the door! Sweet!

Catherine your fall pictures of those trees is beautiful!

We have never named our cars but I pretty much know Fords as my Dad spent his whole life working for them as parts guy. I did own a 66 mustang, Jan, so I get the Mustang Sally reference. A perk of his job, is that he always got to have a free car to drive. We had an Edsel, a galaxy 500 and lots of different models over the years.

I have sent out most of my Christmas cards and just a few left to do. I have already gotten certain areas with decor out and doing some more today. Wish we had an artificial tree but nowhere to store it when not in use, so we get a fresh tree. Not sure if we get a tree this year. We have done that other years before covid, so no big deal. One year both of us had the flu and no energy to go get one.

Sharon I cannot believe you had earthquakes.

Kandie, I want to get a few things from Purple Onion. I have never ordered from them before. Their designs are really cute. I did order a couple of items from Technique Tuesday so I am waiting for those to arrive.

So much chatter, I opened another tab so I can join in.

Linda, thinking of you!

Jayne, glad you are home and had a good time. Always hard to adjust to life after a vacation, lol. Don't worry, your mojo will return! Thanks for your pic of the family.

Sharon, I support you taking a day off. We all should do that more often, lol. Although I always get dressed for the day, being in p.j.'s has never been my thing, but probably because of my crumbling hip over the years, I wanted to get dressed to wear my shoes that had orthotics in them.

Kathy, how is your kitty doing? I am glad you researched all the litter stuff and found something that is good. Your reindeer bag is super cute! I think you are being very wise to stay home from church.

Kandie, your day at the hair salon. Got to love that!

Jan, your marble stair picture with the new pots look awesome.

My sil has decided to not do any more chemo as the one she had is no longer working. And a new one has too many side effects. She says it is all about the quality of life and I totally agree with her. She has battled cancer off and on for a really long time. Please keep her in your prayers.

Prayers for all of you suffering with hip pain etc.

Looking forward to watching the last episode of Undoing tonight. And we started watching a new show called Temple, which is on tonight as well.

I quite often have to stop and think what day is it. But then I always remember so that's a relief, lol.  And lots of times one day will feel like Friday when it is only Thursday type of thing.

Jan, loved your story about the kitty using the crosswalk. Too funny!

Kandie that is some wonderful thoughts you posted by N. Hoffman

Dagmar, we are on lockdown here too. No visiting allowed. But yesterday I drove east to go to the one remaining Christian bookstore around here. It was weird getting out like that, because of covid, but gave the car a good run. One area, along the way, had people holding up signs that were anti mask etc. I want to say to them, what part of 1000 people a day getting covid are you not understanding?

Ann, I sent Victoria a card awhile back, but fear she didn't get it, as I did not hear from her. With this mail theft, maybe that is what happened. Makes me crazy!

Sharon your dinner sounds yummy! Glad you are feeling a little better today.

Shelly congrats on your nephew's new baby! Happy to hear you are so happy for your sister!

Gracie- 10 Staples! Oh man, I cannot believe you went ahead with the sales, but sounds like it was just the ticket. Love your attitude! How awesome that you set up a table for letters to Santa! You have the Christmas spirit in spades!

Ann, too funny about that clock. Everything is off kilter it seems these days!

I have probably made a mess of this post, even though I had two tabs open to respond better, I was skipping all around with replies to you all,  but it is what it is. But what is it? lol.

Have a good day everyone.

Shirl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #1236  
Proud Fan Club Member

Love the chatter! I'm lonely since DH is at the cabin now for hunting season. 

Kitty has really adjusted to the pine pellets and it's so much cleaner and cheaper! 

I'm making a Walmart run tomorrow because Dad has a prescription ready. While I'm out I'll get what mom and I need and get home.

I sent a birthday card to Victoria but not sure if she got it. I sure hope she is getting this mail. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #1237  
Proud Fan Club Member

Aw, thanks Kathy, I worried it was the world's longest post, lol.....Glad to see I needn't worried.

Walmart? Are you out of chocolate?, lol. I want to go there too as there are a few things I need. It is fun to get out in the stores and see all the Christmas displays!

Cooking bacon in the oven just now. DH is happy, lol.....

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #1238  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Aw, thanks Kathy, I worried it was the world's longest post, lol.....Glad to see I needn't worried.

Walmart? Are you out of chocolate?, lol. I want to go there too as there are a few things I need. It is fun to get out in the stores and see all the Christmas displays!

Cooking bacon in the oven just now. DH is happy, lol.....

Shirl
Yes I'm out of chocolate! I bought I bag a couple of days ago and ate it all the same day!

I visited the right leaning current events thread and RAN all the way back here, very quickly. Politics is NOT my thing. And I don't like name calling, which comes from both sides! So I will just hide out here until I feel clean again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #1239  
Proud Fan Club Member

Looks like tomorrow is the scheduled new editor roll out. Be prepared for changes. Strange things sometimes happen. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #1240  
Proud Fan Club Member

Do you mean on SCS?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes