Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #1841  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Oh, Kathy , I hope that cheered you up! It made DH and I happy! Prayers, sweet friend!

Oh, I said surprised to see Sally on Zoom, also a surprise to me to see Shirl! I love seeing everyone, getting to know Pat, Lynn, Annette and Shelly. Just so much fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:11 PM   #1842  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Kathy, it’s funny how things hit us, isn’t it. DH was driving to the plant nursery to get a few more plants, and I suddenly felt so sad. Don’t know why.

It was ok to go to HL, I enjoyed looking at the paper crafting stuff, just needed white envelopes, but I did get a roll of Washi tape in pretty blues, a stamp set of bicycles, a die cut set of open work leaf dies, and some watercolor paper. I also got frustrated by the amount of people without masks on. The ad online says Please Wear Masks, and so do huge signs on the doors and inside. DH said he sat in the truck in the parking lot and watched people (mostly women) read the signs but yet go in anyway without masks on. The checkout ladies said they were getting lots of complaints from masked customers but had to say they couldn’t do anything about it. All anyone could do was call the health department. Kind of bothered me that some customers didn’t feel like following the rules. And don’t get me started about the ones who has masks on but wore them under their chins. A lot of good THAT does!

I did enjoy bringing home new goodies to try out!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 05-18-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:22 PM   #1843  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I have a regular doctor visit next Tuesday. I'm wondering if it will be cancelled. If it is still on, I plan to go. I did not get the lab work done because I'm sure it hasn't changed since four months ago! I haven't done anything since I got home around noon today. I have a headache and absolutely no energy whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #1844  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I had such a great time Zooming with you lovely ladies last night! Kathy and Kandie, I sure hope you are beginning to feel better today.

Thank you, Annette, for organizing this meeting and inviting me. It has been so much fun learning about all of you and getting to see all the creative things you do.

I always love waking up the rain, too, Catherine! It usually allows me to role over and go back to sleep! No rain here today, just temperatures in the 90s.

Sharon, I loved your tip about the white acrylic paint!! I am going to get a cup of that mixed up and ready on my desktop for sure!!

I noticed last night before you left, Melody, that our kitchens have something in common. It looks to me that you have trivets lining the top of your kitchen walls. I have cookie molds doing the very same thing arranged in an almost identical fashion! Your space seemed like home to me! LOL!

It was get to meet Shirl, Pat, and Sally face to face. Did someone say that Pat lives in Texas, too?

Jayne, your lovely breakfast sent me to the kitchen to put on a fresh pot of coffee. And I still didn't make it to the bitter end!

Gracie, I enjoyed watching you man handle that paper cutter and that Big Bite! Such a hoot!

Ann, I think you had the most productive evening. Before I left I heard you say you had finished 8 cards! Wow!! I watercolored two House-Mouse images and stamped the splatter card and felt very accomplished.

Such fun to spend the evening face to face with my log-time blog buddy Shelly, as well. Seeing you there, Shelly, made it easier to jump in as the new kid on the block although truth be told I am probably the oldest one there! LOL!!

I look forward to stamping with you all at the VSNMini! Sounds like many of you are hosting challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #1845  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,275 Likes on 1,361 Posts

We had such a loud boom of thunder just a bit ago, it rattled the house! I haven't seen lightning, but then, I'm not outside! Thankfully, Honey just sleeps on here on the couch.

I'm sorry you cried all the way home, Kathy, though it was probably a good release. I am also sad to see what is happening in our world.

Kandie, I would probably frustrate you if you were to see me out and about. I have read pros and cons of wearing masks by medical professionals and have concluded that they really aren't sure if it helps, there is some indication that it isn't good for your immune system. I guess the jury is still out and then they flip flop on their educated medical opinions, I've kind of come to the opinion that they want people to wear masks to appear to be doing something, not that they are sure it will help with anything.

I went to a drive through with my youngest and they passed a plastic container out for me to put my card in for payment, and she was wearing gloves. In my opinion, that is all for show because I'm certain she isn't changing gloves between each customer and putting my card in the plastic bin just opens my card up to more germs before it comes back to me. But it gives the appearance that they are doing something.

On another note, I'm amazed your DH is willing to sit in the car and wait while you are in HL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #1846  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What is Sharon's white acrylic paint tip, Lynn?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #1847  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Catherine, mix a little with water in a container and always have it ready to splatter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #1848  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, it sure was great to meet you too!! Can't wait for VSN with all of you!

Yes, I think Melody, Sharon and I are all hostesses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:47 PM   #1849  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default What the world needs now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #1850  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Adorable videos Kathy! I'm sorry you had a cry on the way home but it may have been a good release for you! I've heard that anyway!

Again, such a fun Zoom meeting. Thanks Annette!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #1851  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That was adorable, Kathy!

Thanks, Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 03:52 PM   #1852  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Lynn, it sure was great to meet you too!! Can't wait for VSN with all of you!

Yes, I think Melody, Sharon and I are all hostesses.
Am I? I haven't received confirmation yet.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #1853  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, from what I understand, the mask is to protect a person from the sneezes, coughs and various other germs and bits of spray from other people, that’s why the nose and mouth is to be covered. I guess if the doctors and nurses wear them, that’s good enough for me. I have noticed that the pollen and perfumes of the flowers in the plant nursery don’t bother me at all with a mask on. Usually I get so plugged up and hard to breathe that I have to use my inhaler!

I just think, if a store requests something that they feel will protect the customers and their employees, then the customers should either comply or stay out.

As DH would say, that’s my story and I’m sticking with it, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #1854  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I mean no disrespect. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It was the fact that signs were posted clearly and often, and some customers still disregarded them that set me off.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #1855  
Proud Fan Club Member

My opinion is this...if the store has signs that you must wear masks to enter, then that means everyone. My problem is that I'm a rule follower and I would die before I disobeyed the rules! But it does frustrate me when some people think the signs are for everyone else but themselves.

It reminds me of the time I was in charge of the mothers day banquet. I set a very reasonable sign up and pay date and I had a person call two days before the banquet, wanting to come. Pastor made me sign her up. The next day she calls to cancel! I very politely said I was so sorry she couldn't attend and I hoped she could find replacements since her meals would still need to be paid for. She showed up and paid! I'm a stickler in nearly all cases to the rules. Why have rules if no one needs to follow them. Now I'll step down from my shoebox! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 04:30 PM   #1856  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's kind of like "no shirt, no shoes, no service". Hence, if it's posted... 'no mask, no service'. If it's not posted, then I can understand if people don't wear one. I do not like something covering my mouth and nose, so I have stayed home. Only been out once and I wore my mask, even if it was uncomfortable.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #1857  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!
Fun Zoom last night and it was so nice to meet Shirl, Pat and Sally- I did not CraftyMerla went by the name Sally!

I was also having a headache- was blamin my sinus' but found my B/P was elevated. I had a doc appt this AM, and am now on a new medication.....

I had to run out to the grocery today, went to Walmart. We had an email about our Bermese refugees this AM from church, many are in great need. So, I picked up some items from the list. (I used to teach ESL to this group on Sundays after mass). Toilet paper was on the list, and they were well stocked today!

Kathy, loved your video. I am so sorry for your feelings of sadness, and hope the tears made you feel a bit better. We are on strict lockdown in Illinois and there is a group of people who support it, and a group who do not- let's open up businesses and get the economy going again! But, if the stores say you need a mask (Walmart), people wear masks for the most part. However, there is nothing the police can do if you do not comply..... Some places like Menards require a mask and if you show up without one, you have to buy one for $1.00

If someone objects- that is their opinion, and I do not think one is right and one is wrong, we have different opinions. However, as Melodie says, I try to stay home and when out, even though uncomfortable, I wear a mask.

I will post my pop up card- it was fun to make, but I had to adjust the measurements, as my cardstock was 11" long instead of 11.5"

Waving Happy Monday to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #1858  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

I have posted my Quarentine Triple Pop up inspired by the card Melodie posted.

Our friends had to cancel their Murder Mystery party right at the time of the shut down, I thought this would be fun to send to them- and look forward to it being rescheduled soon!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #1859  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Kathy I’m so sorry you felt sad on the way home yesterday but happy you had fun with your friend and got some goodies. I’m also a person who tries to stick by rules...I get upset if people don’t follow them.

Zoom was so good ladies and yep Annette count me in for the mini VSN..I may have to check what my time is here as I’m all over the place at present as you know lol. Thanks again. It’s such fun.

Catherine, they took photos of the couch, said they will go back to the store and we wait to hear of the next step..honestly.....the delivery guy took photos, I took photos. It seems the store pays this company to do maintenance and exchanges and the process is very long winded lol. I’m enjoying the comfort of it in the meantime, but DH says he wishes we had got another one that he wanted. It was so big and ugly but as he’s tall, this one isn’t quite right. Oops.

DH was listening to me rabbit on about the comments on my cards...thanks ladies...I was saying that I always get the most comments on my cards that are simple and take me no time lol. He says how impressed he was with my crazy animal one, so I’m telling him how that came about and the challenge. He looks at me and says, are you for real lol. I’m thinking what is he on about. He reminds me of our NZ trip end of last year where we went to a town where Hundert Who’s art is in the toilets. It was as though a lightbulb had gone off in my brain lol. I’m saying..I remember those but couldn’t remember who the guy was other than he had a very long name lol. I also was telling him how the photos Polly posted reminded me of NZ but I couldn’t think why. He says I’m a worry and says don’t you remember peeing in his loo...lol. I shall have to dig out the photo of me in the loo and post on Polly’s challenge lol.

We were going out today but plans have changed as son3 now tells us today isn’t convenient. So I’m going to do the chores and scrap as I cropped quite a few photos yesterday...unless one of the card challenges grabs me lol.

Have fun whatever you are doing.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #1860  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, did you see what Anita did with her pop-ups?

CCC20JAN, Cube Pop-Up by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 06:16 PM   #1861  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Also, Shelly, I've been known to add a 1" piece, folded down the center, to extend something that extra 1/2" and connect it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #1862  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine there should have had a warning on your video...now I want to buy more zigs lol.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #1863  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks, Kandie, I agree, we are all entitled to have an opinion. I appreciate that this group is accepting. Honestly, there are places where I wouldn't even venture to share my possibly dissenting opinion.

Jayne, I hope it doesn't take too long to get your couch sorted. And that is too funny about Hundert's art and your NZ trip.

Oops, didn't mean to tempt you with more Zigs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 01:24 AM   #1864  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

We aren’t allowed in shops here without a mask although the one English shop doesn’t seem to enforce it, we have read that they are trying to pass a law that makes us wear them at all times outdoors, that will be awful as it’s hard to breathe and it already 25 c at 11.30am
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 01:26 AM   #1865  
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to start my H card now we are home, unsuccessful morning, laptop was not finished as promised, bank wouldn’t let steve in without an appointment even though it was empty, the furniture shop is still closed so no new chair for my craft room, apparently Ikea can open on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 02:09 AM   #1866  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan sorry that your day didn’t go to plan. Mine neither.  I hope that you get your chair on Monday.  I bought my chair from IKea for my craft room.  I love it.

Son3 contacted us right in the middle of my chores and said we could go down after he had messaged us not today. We said no, then felt bad and rang him and he had changed his day and was heading out so we have arranged to go next week LOL. I was so cranky earlier and I ended up doing an aerobic walk via YouTube and that got some of my crankiness out and we have been a mini bike ride and then walk so I am now feeling human again. DH says I have a long way to go before we will tackle a long bike ride. We just rode around the back streets in our suburb. Gosh I was wobbly and felt I needed training wheels like the little poppets have LOL. Had a sore butt but ok now. Like everything it takes practice and I am not one to give up.

Dinner is leftovers and I received my tickle earlier which brought a smile to my day.  The heating is on, which is a first for us at this time of year and it’s feeling cozy.

Some days just don’t go to plan but all’s well that ends well.

Happy day everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 03:36 AM   #1867  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Afternoon,
sorry for beeing absent, but my garden has taken over.
I had lots of work to do.

Nothing heard about our Sofa yet. Today it is warm and humid, I don't like it, so I take a Break from working in the garden.

I hope you are all feeling well today.

Sending hughs to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 03:44 AM   #1868  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. Happy gloomy rainy Tuesday. One nice day, two rainy days, one nice day, two rainy days... sigh

We did get the plants I had on my list. Several more hanging baskets that I like to put on chairs so the flowers hang over the sides, and I take off the hangers, and some small ones to plant in smaller containers. A lady and her two little girls rode by on bikes and I heard the lady say, look at all the pretty flowers in that yard! I said thank you, and she replied no, thank YOU. Then I rearranged what I’d done, because I am never satisfied, and they rode by the other direction and she said, there’s the house with the pretty flowers again. Then I moved stuff around and then stood back in the yard to look at it, and they rode by a third time and she said, look, it’s the flower lady again! And I waved, and they all waved back. Lol. So sweet, made me smile.

In the plant nursery, of course, with the sun coming through the light ceiling panels, it was warm and humid, perfect for plants. Unfortunately, people are not plants, and wearing the masks which was in effect breathing our own warm breath made people sweat. The poor ladies at checking were soaked with sweat. They said with the humidity and tons of plants, they were so hot.

Makes me think once it warms up here, wearing our masks may get uncomfortable. We’ll still follow the rules, of course, but I bet the masks come off the minute we get back into the car and the a/c! I saw one lady yesterday in her car with her mask hanging off one ear, lol.

When is mini VSN, did I miss the date? That would be fun to do on Zoom!

I have wonderful card ideas in my head this morning. I hope they stay there long enough for me to get them made!

Hello, and waving to everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 03:46 AM   #1869  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Dagmar, I sure understand about gardens that command all your time!

Another Alpha member with couch issues, oh no!

Have a terrific day, and hugs right back.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 05:57 AM   #1870  
Proud Fan Club Member

I had a rough night again. Not sure why my hips and legs are hurting lately. Plus why my anxieties have not only kicked in, but have stayed around for days now. If it warms up, I'm going to go outside a bit.

I hate the masks too, and it comes off as soon as I get outside. Its especially uncomfortable for me as the nose piece always bothers me after three nose surgeries.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:05 AM   #1871  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I called my doctor about my anxiety and the itching response I get from it, and she prescribed a very low-level prescription for me to take only when needed. I take half a tiny pill on occasion. The only side effect seems to be I get sleepy and take a bit of an afternoon nap, lol. Maybe something similar could be recommended?

I found a major drawback to buying 48 watercolor brushes - no place to lay them all out. I’ve just hauled a TV tray up from the basement to set them on, and to make another odd bit of stuff in this room for me to trip over.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:06 AM   #1872  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, sorry to hear you have been having problems with your hips, when mine play up I’m never sure if I’ve walked too much or not enough but it’s hot here now so I think the heat is helping.

We’ve just heard that we haven’t got to wear them walking, only in shops, public transport and enclosed spaces or where we can’t be two metres apart, we zig zag along the seafront avoiding people, they walk straight at you, the spanish never move at the best of times so why should a virus make ant difference, there’s police everywhere, not sure why, on all the junctions, sat in cars watching, mind you we drove past one and he looked like he was reading a book!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:21 AM   #1873  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Good morning! I had a lovely day out with DH yesterday. We took the dog hiking along by the river and the train trestle. There were a few people at the lookout, mostly sitting in their vehicles, waiting to see a train go by but no one else walking down to the river.
It is currently cloudy but clearing and supposed to be a nice day. The rest of the week is going to be cold and rainy though. I'm hoping that Ikea has the parts in stock for my new crafting desk and do the click and collect. They have a totally contact free system and it would be the perfect timing to get my room done.
I will send out the zoom info today for the VSN mini.

Have a wonderful day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:26 AM   #1874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Kathy)))

I don’t know what’s happening today but I know I’ve been up and down all day and out of sorts. I’m going to bed and hope tomorrow is a better day. Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:27 AM   #1875  
Proud Fan Club Member

Planning ahead to the tutorial, I made some iced tea yesterday which gives me lots of time for the bags to dry out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #1876  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Kathy, I called my doctor about my anxiety and the itching response I get from it, and she prescribed a very low-level prescription for me to take only when needed. I take half a tiny pill on occasion. The only side effect seems to be I get sleepy and take a bit of an afternoon nap, lol. Maybe something similar could be recommended?

I found a major drawback to buying 48 watercolor brushes - no place to lay them all out. I’ve just hauled a TV tray up from the basement to set them on, and to make another odd bit of stuff in this room for me to trip over.
Kandie, I have lorazapam for anxiety. I take a half of 1 mg when needed. Seems I need it at least once a day lately. I have a doctor appt in one week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 07:54 AM   #1877  
Proud Fan Club Member

Let me see what I take... here it is, Hydroxyzine. All I can say is it seems to calm me down, and it definitely stops the itching. I’m glad you have an appointment coming. Sometimes the world affairs just get to a person insidiously and we get sad but don’t quite know the reason. {{hugs}}

Jayne, {{hugs to you as well}}

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 07:59 AM   #1878  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! I am running behind today! Will catch up in a bit!

Hugs to all!

Kathy, hope you are feeling better soon. Weather is suppose to get better later in the week so maybe that will help.

Be back...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #1879  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. We have liquid sunshine today, again.

Kathy, I'm sorry you are feeling down. You are probably missing your church gatherings and the special things you do for those people. Maybe you can send out cards instead.

I have been especially lazy the last couple of days, but I'm OK with that. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #1880  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Sending hugs to you Kathy and Jayne!

I was a bit out of sorts yesterday. I think the quarantine and virus have put everyone a bit on edge. It seems like it's been going on for so long and it's hard when you don't know the facts and everything seems to be always changing. I'm probably getting a bit nervous about going back to Wisconsin. If my mom wasn't there, I don't think I'd go yet. I do miss the grandkids, but it sounds like they are all still staying home. What a crazy world.

Well, sending love and hugs to everyone. I need to get something done today! Later!
Reply With Quote Likes