Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #4761  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 755 Likes on 341 Posts

Linda, editing signatures is one of the bugs that needs fixed if I remember right. People who have tried to edit theirs ended up with a mess so I'd wait until the bugs are fixed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #4762  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

okay... thanks I was hope to draw more attention to one thread. I am broad. They sure bugs to fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
Linda, editing signatures is one of the bugs that needs fixed if I remember right. People who have tried to edit theirs ended up with a mess so I'd wait until the bugs are fixed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #4763  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, but at least they fixed the bug that wouldn't let us chat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 07:06 PM   #4764  
Stazon Splitcoast

Amen Sis. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #4765  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 318 Likes on 121 Posts

Catherine... no idea.  I've not been driving much at all this year with essentially no place to go, so haven't noticed anything weird going on with it.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #4766  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can I ask you a personal question:

You all no have been stamping since mom pass away. know my situation would renew the fan club subscription? it went out in oct. I don't what year? Or would you save the money? Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #4767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 425 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!

Linda, I like to join the Fan club support the Splitcoast site. : )  We sure do have alot that is offered if we choose to interact and it is free, so at $25.00, it is a great deal!

I am having a couple of site problems, OK with uploading cards, but ..... for PM's. I cannot go to my inbox and answer. If I am in the SCS site and go to PM, if I open a PM and read it, I cannot reply- the cursor does not activate....   If I click on the notification link from my email and open the PM, I can answer it.  I sent support a message and have not heard back yet.  Also, I get the 15 second message if I try to post, so I copy all of my (long) replies before posting, so if they go poof, I do not loose it all!

I got a call today to extend my warrantee on my car....  I felt so bad, my last ESL students fell for this scam and were paying $150 per month for a brand new car.  I met them and drove them to straighten it out.  Lucky we know better!

My Big Shot broke last year, and I found one at Tuesday Morning- I just bought another.  I was looking at the Gemini, but for the price, Big Shot was it!

Oh- and I checked all my TH Distress paint bottles- half are all dried up- will try putting saran wrap over the tops of the remaining ones and hope that helps!

We have a Dick Blick near us- 5 minutes away.  They have Copic reinkers, but I bet there stock is low.....  I read the new reinkers are much smaller but the same price and will not be available until the end of the year possibly.  I made a chart with reinkers I own so I do not but the same ones twice (or three times).....

OK- off to bed- waving hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2020, 09:42 PM   #4768  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Linda, I think you are really the only one who can decide whether or not you want to renew your fan club membership.  -- whether or not you can afford it -- whether or not you feel it is of value to you -- whether or not you want to support SCS, etc.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 04:27 AM   #4769  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 232 Likes on 70 Posts

Good morning, ladies.  Payday from SS for both of us today.  DH calls it the “gone in 60 seconds day”, lol.  We both drink our coffee and write our monthly checks!

Catherine, so glad you were able to get your hair cut!  Did you do anything different this time?

Shelly, yes, that irritating 15 second thing, even though it was the first try.  Also site error messages, and I even rebooted three times.  I’m glad it was fixed quickly.

My reinkers get a dropper full put into a covered tray for Distress watercoloring, and all the spots are labeled so I know what I have.

I’m glad I’m not near you, Shelly.  I would be at the Dick Blick store constantly!  Kind of like I am at Hobby Lobby now.  

The Amazon site ordering system is doing something new.  I placed my order last night and received a message that it would be split into 5 shipments, and I was given a choice as to how fast I wanted to receive each item, with little circles next to each shipment choice.  Do I want a later shipment with less individual deliveries?  Do I want the free Amazon Prime which would deliver Friday or Saturday?  Do I want the offered 1-day shipping for a small fee?  I’ve never seen those screens before.

Finally, I tracked down a 5x7 gel press!  Joann’s had a 2-day 50% off sale, and the gel presses were out of stock instantly, both online and the two local locations.  Why does every other crafter get the same ideas we do?  It’s like they are secretly reading our posts and hitting the craft stores before we do.

I think I need to try Prevagen.  My memory is getting terrible.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 04:29 AM   #4770  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

Here's my "Y" - yarn

SC819, ABC13Y25, Cozy Wishes by jdmommy at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 05:46 AM   #4771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 634 Likes on 314 Posts

Morning!

I haven't had any trouble loading cards, maybe the time of day I did it and all fixes were done!  

Anne, reminder, you posted to the chatting thread and not the regular posting thread.  We all have done it.

Linda, like Melody said it is up to you!  Talk to your dad about it, if you need the money then don't but if you support SCS and are asking for things from others, in my opinion it's a good idea to be a member. 

Kandie, too funny, about "gone in 60 seconds" and so true these days, everything has gotten more expensive!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 05:49 AM   #4772  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Did everyone see???? Liz is a Dirty Girl!!! Another Alpha on the pile!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #4773  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 612 Likes on 230 Posts

Good morning! Just a quick check in as I have to leave early this morning because DH is coming with me to work today. 

Melody, perhaps your car needed to be driven more? Sometimes just sitting causes problems. When no one was driving our van for the first few months of staying at home, DH would go out regularly and start it and maybe just take it for a spin. I remember him being concerned the gas would go bad in the tank (I think that is what he said, anyway).

Yes, Ann, I saw late last night that Liz is now a Dirty Girl! I thought, "Oh, it is the 15th! Dirty Girl reveal day and went to check it out." Such fun to read her bio. Congrats, Liz!

Shelly, that would be dangerous for me to live near a Dick Blick. I ordered from them a few times when I was home schooling the girls when they were younger. So many goodies!

Kandie, no, I didn't do anything new. I'm boring these days with my hair. One of these days I'll go short like I'd like to. I don't because DH likes long hair, so I have it medium (shoulder) length as a compromise. He doesn't ask me to do that, I just do it for him.

I got my 5x7 gell plate at Hobby Lobby a few years back because the price point was so good. I need to get it out and play with it. But now I'm back to grading papers - the part I hated the most about home schooling before!

Well, better run. Chat with you later!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 08:21 AM   #4774  
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats to Liz! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #4775  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank for the input! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #4776  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 254 Likes on 115 Posts

Congrats to Liz. Thanks Ann for letting us know!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #4777  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiet on here today. I have signed up to do a craft fair and it is this weekend...I thought I had two weeks but only one! Yikes! I need to get ready for that and get busy grading DD2's school work. Grading papers, my least favorite activity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #4778  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friend,

Can I ask for your help.... I started two new threads.... Hoping things would go better and start some interested. But, things are not going has I hoped.... Not sure what else to try? And I am kind of down. And we memories service Friday afternoon to go to. So, That maybe apart of why I am down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #4779  
Forum Fanatic

Received 398 Likes on 171 Posts

Catherine I think you could be right out gas, our son was saying he had to use it within a certain period as he used to keep a small amount for emergencies.

Kandie, one of  the happiest days we had was when we cancelled all our direct payments for bills and our mortgage, one minute you have money and next none, our bills are so small in Spain, water and electric are about €1 per day each, our house tax is €250 for the year!
Our old cars tax was more than house tax but the new car is really cheap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 AM   #4780  
Forum Fanatic

Received 398 Likes on 171 Posts

Had a fun day yesterday, took GS to school and then at 1pm I collected him, he actually had lunch at school yesterday for the first time, tomorrow is his first day full time.

After school we went into the green shop as he calls it for crisps and sweets because he ate all his lunch,then went to the beach, we dug holes and built mountains for the monster truck race, I had to feed him crisps as his hands were Sandy, on the way home we  stopped at the DIY store as we pulled in the parking GS said , oh not this shop, it’s a boy shop, they don’t sell toys ha,ha,then when steve was gone a while he said he thought he better go and and find grandad in case he was lost!,

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 05:13 AM   #4781  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 270 Likes on 125 Posts

Good Morning.  This morning I have errands, hair cut etc, today.  I don’t know when I will be back.  But, always ready to get home and craft! LOL. Everyone have a great day!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 05:37 AM   #4782  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, you sure are having fun and great memories with your grandson!

Sharon, have a great day!!  Haircut wow!!  Going shopping too?

Catherine, grading papers, yuck!  My sons used to hate when I marked up their reports they were writing!!  They asked me though to read them over!  My oldest used to say the dreaded red pen!

Enjoy your day everyone!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 08:19 AM   #4783  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I am headed to work today but DH has decided to work from home. This makes DD2 happy because that means Wesley can be let out of her room early and won't wake her up as much. She is trapped in DD2's room unless someone is home to "watch" her. She knows she is not supposed to get up on the table and not go in the kitchen, but sometimes she can't stop herself so she doesn't have the run of the house when we aren't here.

That sounds like a wonderful day with your grandson, Jan!

Yay for a haircut, Sharon. I was so happy to get my hair cut!

Although, it did bring me to something that frustrates me. Everyone is always talking about our wonderful health care workers and teachers, and I agree, they are wonderful and working hard and going above and beyond (especially teachers, what a challenging time to be a teacher!). That said, there is a group that no one seems to recognize their struggle (at least I don't hear it) and that is working parents of young children. I am fortunate that DD2 is a high school senior. She can pretty much do her school on her own, I just have to grade papers (yuck! my least liked part of home schooling, did I mention that?). But working parents of littles are really struggling because their kids need more hands on attention. The lovely girl who cut my hair told me it was her last week day to work in she didn't know how long because she has a 7 year old second grader who has to have more hands on attention and she doesn't have grandparents available to do that, they are working too! And this after not being able to work and earn income for six months for her! I know she is not alone either. Such challenging times for everyone. OK, off my frustration now! Sorry!

Ann, I'm sure their papers were in much better shape when they turned them in for having you edit for them....and they kept asking, smart boys!

Off to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 08:27 AM   #4784  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickForums at Splitcoaststampers

I have looked at the Spellbinders machine liking the idea that it folds up. Quick question though, I have some thick dies like the Top Note die. Does the Platinum 6 handle those thick dies like the Big Shot does?

Catherine, I just got an email from Spellbinders.  They are having a sale and they do have the Platinum machines on sale.  One has a 6" platform and the other 8.5".  They both list thin and steel rule dies, so to answer your question, yes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #4785  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm not grading papers, but sometimes it feels like it.  DH always wants me to proof stuff before he sends out emails.  He's been teaching some Bible classes on zoom, and so he has class materials to send out.  He ALWAYS overthinks everything.  And I hate proofreading.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #4786  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 408 Likes on 182 Posts

Good morning!

My daughter from Phoenix stayed with me for 2 days, so we were busy catching up! She's doing well, even though she's been layed off from work. They called and asked her to come back to work for 8 hours a week! Crazy. She told them she would lose her unemployment and couldn't survive on 8 hours pay! So she has taken up wood working and has sold quite a bit already. She even started her own sales website on FB, Ruff Wood Customs. Unfortunately, she cut her hand and had to get 15 stitches a week ago. It is healing and there doesn't seem to be any nerve damage. Thank goodness.

Lots of Chat to read through for the last 2 days. Catherine, I have a tiny die cut machine (QuicKutz Revolution), the Cuttlebug and a larger electronic one (eBosser), which works well when you have arthritis. (baby, mama and papa) LOL

When I was a teacher, my mom loved to grade papers! So I'd bring a stack of papers to her house in the evening and she'd help me grade them. I had about 150 7th grade students! She was an easy grader and would always say, "Isn't this answer close enough?" LOL Catherine, maybe you could mail your daughter's work to my mom...I'm sure she'd love it!

Jan, like you, I'm way behind on this ABC challenge and every other one, too! Maybe, I'll just do some MMJ challenges and restart with the new challenge in October.

Congratulations to Liz for becoming a Dirty Girl! Yay!

Well, I can't remember everything I've read but I do enjoy hearing what everyone is doing. Have a wonderful day all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #4787  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I am not an enabler!!! But the spellbinders sale is a warehouse sale and there are some very good prices.  Nuff said.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #4788  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 408 Likes on 182 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterForums at Splitcoaststampers
I am not an enabler!!! But the spellbinders sale is a warehouse sale and there are some very good prices.  Nuff said.

I think you qualify as enabler! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 AM   #4789  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 425 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Hello

Waving Hello!

It's Thursday- Kandie's trash cans are out- OR Hubby asks her if she wants to go to an estate sale!  (I like the 2nd option).  

Catherine- you go girl- what are you creating for the sale?  And, yes- poor Mom's.  My sister and a neighbor who are Grandma's are helping with kids remote learning- hard for the parents- mostly I have heard on the Mom's but I bet a few Dad's as well.
 My daughter says the sitting all day is hard, then they have to grade papers online as well!  She has meetings, Union meeting, etc....  I do not think people know how hard they are working, and I did not know either until my daughter became a teacher. Tonight is her cirriculum night.

Gracie- nice for you to visit with your daughter, and so nice she has found another outlet to make $$$  It is hard for so many right now!  How is the air quality where you are?

Melodie- I made it to page 15 and signed out- I need to use new items I purchased before I buy anything else.  

Liz- Congrats to you!!!

Sharon- it sounds as though you have a busy day!

Jan- you are sure doing fun activities with your GS!  How is he doing with  collarbone fracture?  

I may have to run errands, then make a Blue card for todays challenge.....  

Have a great day- hello to all!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #4790  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, you are an enabler!!  I purchased some paper!  

My new addiction with Sharon, junk journaling, takes up lots of paper!!  So you know I needed more paper just in case! LOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #4791  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, what did you buy today??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #4792  
Stazon Splitcoast

Questions need some help!

I have thread where people are help make cards That I  collaborated on. I have some Questions I wanted to make a sign up sheets. where people sign up  saying where they can help and so forth. But, not sure what to put on the
And what rules to put on the sign up sheets. I wanted to be able to pick what cards I used for different challenges and things since I help  collaborated on card/projects.
Can you ladies help on this please! Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #4793  
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda, that sounds like a very big task. Maybe it would be better for you to ask the ladies on that thread how they think it should work. They may have some good ideas for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #4794  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I was going to say the exact same thing.  The ladies helping are the ones who are going to want parameters and guidelines for what you want, Linda, so they would be the best people to ask.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #4795  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Car issue wasn't too bad, just a cracked gas cap, so now I can drive again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #4796  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

On the other hand, Linda, since I haven't read your posts, I have no idea what you are asking for.  My thoughts are that some people will want guidelines, and others won't, so depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may want to give some guidelines, but then leave it open for those who want to do their own thing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #4797  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shelly, I cracked up when I read your post!  Yes, it is Thursday and the trash cans are out.  Thanks for filling in for me, I had a bad night and woke up miserable, aches, pains, headache.  I am just now reading today’s chat.  That got a laugh out of me, for sure!

DH didn’t ask about estate sales today, but only because he has to work at one tomorrow and Saturday.

The Fates are having such a chuckle at my expense.  You know how I could not find a gel press anywhere.  Today I had to drop Dusty off at the groomers, and get a couple of things at the stores.  DH accused me of becoming a hermit.  I told him it’s just getting too crazy out in the world lately.  But even though I didn’t feel well, I thought I have to drop her off at 9, maybe I’ll stop by Hobby Lobby, and then go home and rest.  What do I see there as soon as I get in the paper craft section? GEL PRESSES!  Then I go to Joann Crafts...  gel presses!!!  Michaels?  GEL PRESSES, large and small!  Crikey, as Jayne would say.  They’re everywhere!  So I bought a small one.  Somehow I expected more than a gel bag between two pieces of soft acrylic?  Now I’m looking forward to watching some technique videos this evening.  (For some reason, I thought that colorful picture on the front of the package was the actual press.).

Liz!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 05:55 PM   #4798  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, too funny, the gel presses were taunting you!!  LOL!

Linda, I suggest you check with the people in charge of this site if you are allowed to do what you are thinking about and the individuals who are helping you with cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #4799  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Ladies.... for your input 2 people has help made cards so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Kandie, too funny, the gel presses were taunting you!!  LOL!

Linda, I suggest you check with the people in charge of this site if you are allowed to do what you are thinking about and the individuals who are helping you with cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2020, 03:19 AM   #4800  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well.  Happy Friday.  The trash trucks have roared by already, lights flashing.  DH turned on the living room light to look up something online, which woke up Dusty Dog in the bedroom, then she woke me up - we both had to go.  When I came out of the bathroom, DH had my morning coffee ready.  So much for going back to bed.  I sure hadn’t planned on being awake at 6:30 AM!

Now I’m browsing, and I see yesterday’s WT and today’s F4A are both to use the color blue.  Easy peasy!

Who has heard of or has used Lindy’s Starburst Sprays?  And Caravelle stamps?  Both look very interesting.

Happy National Cheeseburger Day!

Reply With Quote Likes