Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #4321  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Catherine come on and join us
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2020, 11:23 PM   #4322  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann, Sharon, Gracie,Catherine and Julie for your company today. Was lovely to see you too Shelly and sorry I had to go...my ipad needed charging plus lunch here. I hope you are feeling better. Was fun and I got 4.5 cards made. I’m now lying in the sun and sleepy. I didn’t have to go for the strawberries. DIL1 is bringing them down in their way to a party. 
Linda glad my card arrived. I’ve sent out a lot of paper hugs. 
Hope everyone else is ok. See you tomorrow. 
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-29-2020 at 01:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 12:21 AM   #4323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Shelly I hope you are feeling better, best to sleep it off. 
The weather has changed, typical bank holiday, windy, rainy but son has taken GS to the zoo, they had to make an appointment! They went to the butchers but GS insisted on coming back as he didn’t do high five with us before he left!
My silver and gold card arrived, the gold is not as subtle as I’d hoped but for ten sheets for £4 I won’t complain, I also got  a TH stencil, I have a couple more things coming next week. I’ve been adding to my wish list!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 04:07 AM   #4324  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning!  

Shelly, we are having the incredibly humid and very hot air here.  I heard on the news that ragweed season is almost on us and promises to be very bad this year.  Not good for we allergy sufferers.  My Zyrtec-D is having a hard time keeping up.  Now today high is only 77 but moisture is already at 95% Percent.  Hard to breathe.  You know, I still love good old Vick’s Vapor rub for helping!

Was yesterday the final DTGD challenge day?

Jan, which stencil did you buy?  Be careful...  those stencils are addictive!

Has anyone has trouble receiving items in the mail?  Somewhere between the facility in PA and here, one of my Amazon orders disappeared.  I had ordered it August 5.  I waited till yesterday per Amazon customer service and then contacted the Seller, and they promptly shipped another order, bless their hearts.  Now I have an order from JoAnn Fabric and Crafts which was to be here yesterday.  All my tracking info said was it was delayed.  I think I must have checked the front porch a dozen times.

I’m wondering if, with this virus and so many ordering online now, the postal service is overloaded.  I know there used to be one Amazon Prime delivery truck that would zip down our street, and now there are four or five, sometimes just a plain white service truck, and once even a rent-a-truck.  I even had a white pickup truck drop off an order once.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 04:37 AM   #4325  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie here the delivery vans are up and down the street all the time, sometimes in private cars too.
I ordered the TH doodles and two from sweet Dixie, never heard of them but they were cheap, ha,ha I’ve also ordered some   metallic pens and a couple of  momento  dew drop inks, some air dry clay and moulds, something I saw on YouTube to add to MM, 
Steve’s bought me a small carpet cleaner so I don’t have to get down on my hands and knees to clean the rugs! Then he said it’s my birthday present, I don’t think so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 05:47 AM   #4326  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies I’ve just made one more card for the DTGD challenge...an easy one..that’s 6 I did today. Not one Xmas card and I’m thinking oh my do I, will I, need Xmas cards.  Will I send some this year lol. Maybe I’ll just send paper hugs all the time. I did check the ones I’d like to do..too many and I doubt I will do them. We shall see.
Jan, great to shop.  Kandie I have an Amazon order that tells me it’s been delivered but not to me it hasn’t so I must let amazon know. Otherwise all my orders have been coming through ok.  
Have fun everyone. I’m going to read before bed. Nite
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #4327  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!!
Yes, Kandie yesterday was the last day for DTGD challenges!!  41 in all!!  So fun!
Jayne, fabulous to craft with you too!!  So enjoyable!! 
Yes, such fun to craft with all my Alpha Sisters!!  We sure get things done although we chat a lot too!!  
It's some cleaning for me today and vacuuming!  Dog hair!!  With two dogs it's always vacuuming!!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #4328  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Hello all!
We had a wonderful evening with my gs for his 1st birthday. After he went to bed, the adults had a lovely time visiting until 10:30. Today ds and I installed a car seat in my vehicle. It has been a long time since I've needed one of those! I also got some chores done and am going to play in my craft room for a bit. I am 8 challenges away from doing them all so we'll see what I can accomplish.
Have a good evening!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #4329  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,277 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Hi everyone! It was certainly fun to Zoom with some of you yesterday evening and get some crafting done. I still need to take photos of those projects and upload them.

With DTGD, I'm behind in commenting on Alpha cards. Sorry, I will get there. I'm also behind in making Alpha cards. And behind in commenting on DTGD cards - except for my gallery. I will say, though, that I have noticed something strange in the gallery view. I have typed in the keyword for my challenge and commented on all the cards in the gallery. Today, when I did that, I scrolled down and saw a card that was uploaded, it says, last Thursday. But I haven't seen that card in the gallery view before. Strange! 

I hope you are feeling better today, Shelly, and that you got some good sleep.

By the way, I told the ladies on Zoom yesterday, we are independently home schooling DD2 this year. I did find a curriculum that we looked at and she liked too, so I ordered it. They have class videos so, hopefully, it will work great. Definitely much less expensive than the school she would have been attending...which is good because we still don't know what is happening with the car DD1 drives.

We haven't had any trouble with our deliveries, Kandie, except that it seems to take longer to arrive than before everyone started shopping online. But I have heard that some people are experiencing issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #4330  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Today, I got to make cards with my friend Julie.  We made a lot of panels using the "string paint pull technique" from Andrea's DTGD challenge! We had such fun even though I had paint everywhere, and even hit Julie in the face with a string full of blue paint!  
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-smiles-blue.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-treasures-unknown-1-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #4331  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Those are gorgeous, Gracie! And poor Julie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #4332  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

It was fun being on Zoom with lots of you last night! 
Shelly, I hope you’re feeling better today!
Annette, sounds like you had a great day with DS and GS.
Kandie, I hope your allergies aren't too bad. My DH suffers terribly during the fall ragweed season.
Jayne, hope you had a good sleep last night! 
Sharon and Ann, you both are amazing! All DTGD cards done! Wow! I have 17 done, but my internet is so slow, it's hard to comment on all the cards. I've made sure to comment on my hostess challenge.
I'm way behind on commenting for ABC challenge and making cards too! How does that happen?
Ann, I hope you had a good day! Again, thank your son for letting us have access to Zoom! Hugs
Good evening to all! I'm going to relax now. Julie just left. We had a fun time crafting together. I wish all of us could get together in real life and craft! Of course, we probably wouldn't get much done! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 06:11 PM   #4333  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Those are gorgeous, Gracie! And poor Julie!
Julie's a good sport and just laughed. We were like little Kindergarteners!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #4334  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That would be fun, Gracie, but, I think you are right, we wouldn't get much done if we were all together crafting in real life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #4335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Thanks ladies! 
 A bit better today, but still allergy symptoms.  I got up and made an Asian salad, and hit the road for my sisters. Her youngest is 18....what!  
Both of my sisters and hubbies were there to cook out, my hubby is helping a neighbor move....  I kept my mask on most of the day hoping it would help me sitting outside. 
 After the party, I stopped at Michaels- looking for 110# white cardstock- out of stock (still).. I looked online and no store withing 20 miles of here has 110# white CS, none to order online at Gina K either....???  
So stopped at Hobby Lobby, they had some and Gracie told us she uses that sometimes, and...it was 50% off!  Also picked up some embellishments.....
Then, stopped at Trader Joes...now home- the entire day is over and hubby is home from baseball (after helping Bev move all day) and is so tired! LOL Boo Hoo- they lost....
 I have 10 more cards in the next week to finish DTGD.  It is hard to create and comment as well! 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #4336  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Sunday Morning everyone!!
Shelly, glad you are feeling a bit better.  Sounds like fun getting to see your family!
What is up with no paper in stock?  Weird.  I better check out if I have enough!
Gracie, you and Julie are too funny together!  So nice you could get together before you leave for AZ.
I off to start breakfast/lunch!  Really behind this morning but felt good to sleep in!
Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #4337  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm in my craft room on zoom if anyone wants to join me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 09:06 AM   #4338  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I only did six DTGD cards so far. I won't be a queen, but I had fun doing the ones I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #4339  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I have only done 6 so far too Kathy. I won't be a queen either, just a Princess, ha, ha.
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #4340  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning everyone! I slept in and it was wonderful. Today is the day that DD1's former (possibly becoming current) boyfriend came up to work on her car. He and DH are in the garage working away. I say possibly becoming current because he invited her to lunch yesterday along with a co-worker of his and the co-worker's girlfriend. Me, being me, teasing her about having a date and she rolling her eyes at me. Last night, after she'd gone to bed, she came back out and told her dad and me that, "It was a date!" No kidding?! Tell us something we don't know! I know his dad is definitely hoping they are getting back together, he really likes DD1 (he has great taste!). I like his son too. I have to say that DD1 has only dated guys that I like so far. I'm glad I'm not at that stage of life but, right now, it is fun to watch.

Shelly, glad you are feeling a bit better and were successful in finding some 110# cardstock. Hopefully being outside yesterday didn't set you back allergy wise.

I agree with you, Ann, it felt great to sleep in.

Kathy and Shirl, you can both be princesses, like Shirl said. Having fun is the point anyway, right?

Annette, I have neglected house things to take care of but would love to connect later today if possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #4341  
Stazon Splitcoast

Was there a problem with the site? This morning I couldn’t get into to SCS at all.
Lovely cards gracie, I will have a look at that technique.
We have been painting the bathroom today, then DIL decided she wanted different tiles above the sink so they went off to buy some, I was putting them on the wall and the last one had a flaw so our son had to go back to the store to exchange it, while I waited I painted around the edges, we ran out of time as he had ribs on the BBQ .
I quite enjoyed it as I always do all the tiling at home, they are usually as Eve nes so it was strange working with the small tiles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #4342  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Jan, apparently there was but I think it is all fixed now.
My problem right now, is that even though I had cropped my photo, when I uploaded it, it didn't show it. Must be my computer's fault. I deleted the card and uploaded a new one. But it is not showing. I have contacted the support on SCS, but will have to wait till Monday I guess.
I got a notification that Ann commented but I can't see her comment. I am sure it will all get figured out eventually.
It is the first time I have deleted a photo to then re upload a better one.
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #4343  
Proud Fan Club Member

When you click on the crummy picture, it does take you to the better one. Just not sure about the commenting part.
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #4344  
Proud Fan Club Member

Things are progressing on my card. I did just see a comment by Diane just now. Yay! I was really happy to post the card called Studded Mug, cause I used an image that Kandie had sent me a long while ago.
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #4345  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Was there a problem with the site? This morning I couldn’t get into to SCS at all.

Lovely cards gracie, I will have a look at that technique.

We have been painting the bathroom today, then DIL decided she wanted different tiles above the sink so they went off to buy some, I was putting them on the wall and the last one had a flaw so our son had to go back to the store to exchange it, while I waited I painted around the edges, we ran out of time as he had ribs on the BBQ .
I quite enjoyed it as I always do all the tiling at home, they are usually as Eve nes so it was strange working with the small tiles
Yes, earlier today I kept getting database errors, but it was fixed shortly after I tried.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #4346  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!  Have a good rest of your evening!!  That means all of your night owls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #4347  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The day got away from me. I did get four more cards finished and have done a number of panels for one of the challenges but haven't made a card yet with any of them. I just have Andrea and Carmen's challenges left - and I'm not sure I'll do Carmen's though it looks like fun.
Good night, Ann!
I need to get caught up on commenting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 08:05 PM   #4348  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!

Today, had a better day with allergies- I was not sure what to expect, as we were outside all afternoon yesterday on my sisters porch. I had my mask on most of the time, but still outside!

DD1 is coming here tomorrow with her pup and will teach here during the day, then has an appointment. Hubby went and picked up a new router today and is setting it up tonight so we can hopefully all use the internet with no issues- we'll see!

We went on an 1 1/2 hour bike ride tonight. It was a beautiful day here again! We came home and made dinner- hubby cooked Chicken on the grill and I put veg's on the grill- yum!

I will try to make a few more cards tomorrow- close enough to push to queen status! 9 more to go! It has been delightful to Zoom and create- fun to be stamping with friends!

Jan- sounds as though your son has you busy! I like to paint- I end up being the edging person when painting! My appointed position. Hope you are enjoying every day!

Catherine- so nice you go to sleep in (Hope it was after 8AM!). SO sweet to have your DD1 reconnect with a nice young man!

Shirl and Kathy- I have been so busy creating that I have not done much commenting, but will swing by your galleries.

Waving hello to all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #4349  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday. Kathy so good to see you. I had been wondering where you had gone. Missed you. I’m also not going for queen status.  I think I have 11 or 12 done now. 
Shelly glad that you had a better day with allergies and enjoy time with your DD and puppy.
Well today has started busy after another sleepless night...self inflicted I think. I woke with a headache and after trying to get to sleep it just throbbed so much that I had to get up at 2am to take tablets. Still awake at 4.30am and by the time I had to get up and start drinking my litre of water I was stuffed. I also had to fast so have only just had brekkie come lunch. They checked all of my abdomen area and other parts and the Dr is contacting me Friday with the results and also from my blood tests. Isn’t it the case though, I feel fine now and especially since I stopped drinking coffee and having dairy. Still if it is the gall bladder better to know what’s going on. I’ve done our food shopping and some washing and heading out into the sunshine to wash my car. Tomorrow is going to rain.  Then I may get to my craft room if I’m lucky although I see other things I need to do.  The good news is we now have the right colour sofa..yay.  
Catherine, I think I will sleep in tomorrow..so nice to do that. I’m not an early riser and trying to change my habits.
Have a fun day everyone 
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 08-31-2020 at 05:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 05:13 AM   #4350  
Proud Fan Club Member

So much to comment on, and I forgot to make notes!

Gracie, what a terrific technique with the string.  Your art resembles an Easter lily, so some kind of trumpet flower.  So fun and unique!!

Shelly, Saturday was a terrible allergy day for me as well.  I woke during the night with a pounding headache also.  I hope the mask gave you a good day with friends, family and biking.

And Jayne, how are you doing so far this day?  Sleepless nights just seem to wreak havoc on the body for the next two days.

Shirl, I have to check out your card!  And how in the world do you all remember who sent you what?  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 05:14 AM   #4351  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning to everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 05:52 AM   #4352  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kandie sorry to disappoint you colour wise but DIL has every room light grey!! The only difference is going to be  GSs bedroom that is going to be a darkish blue but he picked that.
Mind you all our villa walls are white, I once painted our bedroom yellow to match a bedspread id made, we thought the light was on all the time with the sun shining on it, eventually I painted it white again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 05:56 AM   #4353  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning Kandie. Hope you are good and resting to get messy today. I have your email.....,will reply tomorrow.  Sorry, been a very busy day. I’ve just made a quick card as a sample for the WTUI and also one of the DTGd challenges.I love to be able to double dip lol..it’s sort of MM...I used my glass bead glitter gel and whipped spackle.  My sponging even came out better today. Amazing what watching a couple of videos can do lol.
I’m stuffed and hopefully will sleep tonight. Nite..have fun 
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 05:57 AM   #4354  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan all of our walls are white too...the interior designer advised us to go white and add colour through furnishings. It does look stark in some rooms. Hope you are having fun 
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 06:00 AM   #4355  
Stazon Splitcoast

We’ve been sitting in the garden since we finished painting, our son painted the main wall and then I finished around the toilet and sink and the edges near the ceiling, it’s been quite sunny.
I’m now a part of the bedtime routine, while GS is in the bath we play dragons, I am the lego Spider-Man,  then we have to race to the bedroom where we hide while his dad pretends he can’t find us then he picks two books, we read and then chooses one of us to stay with him for a while, I’ve been the chosen one most nights. The routine never changes, lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 06:02 AM   #4356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jayne Yes having fun with GS, I’m sleeping like a log, we are also watching a series called Ozarks, has anyone seen it, it’s really good although you have to concentrate so we only watch one episode per night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 06:03 AM   #4357  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jayne at least white matches almost anything, 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 06:22 AM   #4358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!
Jan, sounds like such fun you are having with your GS!!  Wonderful that you are able to help out so much around their home!  Painting, you are awesome!!
Hi Jayne, so glad you are feeling better and making WT cards!! 
Hello Kandie, what are you up to today?  Messy media perhaps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 08:10 AM   #4359  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! DD1 has floated on a cloud of happy to work, DD2 and I are about to head out to my work. She needs to come with so we can go shopping for sheets and mattress pad for her new mattress which is to arrive tomorrow. I think DH might start coming with me to work once in a while just to get out of the house. He is going stir crazy from lack of human contact with others than just the three of us (dude company especially appreciated).

Our air quality has gone backwards again, but at least it is cooler. Still praying for all the firemen fighting the many CA blazes.

Shelly & Kandie, I need your talents here. I do the painting because DH hates it. I don't mind painting but get tired of the edging!

Shelly, yes I slept in past 8 am. I got up around 9 am, it was lovely.

Jayne, sorry you had a bad night, I hate those! Yay for your sofa being correct now!

Kandie, I agree, I don't know how these ladies remember who gave them what. Some of the things I know, but most I hoard until I don't remember who blessed me with it!

Jan, it sounds like you are having a marvelous time with your grandson. So fun, I'm glad and what wonderful memories you are making.

Jayne, what I read was to have neutral walls (though an accent wall is fine once in a while). And also to have solid furniture. To add color and pattern with things like throw pillows and throws. That way, when you want to change the look, you really only need to change the least expensive things, the accents. Not that I'm one to take decorating advice from for sure! But that made sense to me, now if we could just move forward with doing it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2020, 08:55 AM   #4360  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning.  I don't remember who gave me what goodies, either.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes