Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2019, 08:16 AM   #1481  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning! I slept in today because I woke up twice last night, darn ribs, and then, I read my book for an hour each time. Long night.

Catherine, it's hard to get used to having only one car. Hope your other one gets fixed soon. I used to work odd hours like your DD1 when I was 16 at a bakery. The baker baked all night and I had to go in at 4 am to start packaging buns and breads. No fun!
Yes, the 20 degree temps back in Wis. are night time, but only getting into 30's during the day. Average for daytime temp. for this time of year is 50, so unusually cold.

Ann and Kathy, good thing you both have snowplows! Sure makes life easier in the winter. DH had an old jeep with a plow before we started wintering in AZ. The dogs loved riding with him when he plowed! So cute.

I'll be in Wis. during the middle of Falliday Fest. I'll have to catch up when I get back to Arizona. Lucky you, Sharon, you have another scrapbook retreat! Fun! I'm glad I wasn't at the stamp sale...so hard to resist! LOL

Love the reverse Halloween treat Kathy! Have fun at card class...can't wait to see what you create.

Kandie, that shrug sounds nice and warm, a good project for the winter months!

Have a great day all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #1482  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Good evening,

Sharon, I'm happy my mail arived so quick and you like it.

Kathy, have fun at the card class.

I whis you all a good evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #1483  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Hi Dagmar!! What are your plans for the weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #1484  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,981 Likes on 1,497 Posts

More happy mail! From Melody & Gracie! Thank you girls! Wonderful cards and great goodies to use for Falliday Fest.

I brought home two boxes of Unsold stuff! Stamps did not sale. A lot of other little stuff didn’t sale, like bags of rolls of ribbon and bigger gems, punches, dies, paper! I can’t believe how much I brought home. DH says we are taking stamps, punches & ribbon to our granddaughter at Christmas, when we fly to Atlanta. She seems to like making cards. He offered to take in his suitcase as he doesn’t take as much clothes as I do. Gifts will be gift cards or gifts mailed there.
Thank you Gracie, and Melody! Love ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #1485  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

We made 4 cards and two projects. These are the cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #1486  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well where did the other two go? Lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #1487  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Pretty cards, Cathy! The 2Nd & 4th are my favorites, but like them all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #1488  
Proud Fan Club Member

Funny...my favorites are first and third! LOL. The projects were cute. She used the new mini curvy keepsakes die and we stamped on vellum and put a tea light inside!

The other project was simple. She gave us each a clear plastic treat box and we put a strip inside around the bottom. Filled with kisses and tied a pretty bow around it.

We also played the saran wrap game and I won a pack of the noble peacock rhinestones, several pieces of candy, five of the silver gable boxes, five clear plastic card boxes and some foil card stock! Last year I didn't fair as well in that game
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #1489  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My favs are the first two, but as Sharon says I like them all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #1490  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Kathy, I like the same as Sharon. I did a load of laundry today, which I forgot in the washer, and then forgot in the dryer. Good thing it was just leggings and wrinkle free.

I finally got my napkin die cut card made. I made it so wet, I had to let it dry overnight and had to glue all the layers of napkin back together.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #1491  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Kathy, I like the same as Sharon. I did a load of laundry today, which I forgot in the washer, and then forgot in the dryer. Good thing it was just leggings and wrinkle free.

I finally got my napkin die cut card made. I made it so wet, I had to let it dry overnight and had to glue all the layers of napkin back together.

That's what happened when I tried it. The pieces were too wet and peeled apart
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #1492  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I made a 2nd napkin die cut, but haven't made it into a card. I used a different type of napkin, and even though I soaked it a LOT, it seems to be holding together. I tried brushos and it looked like mud, so I pulled out my oxide inks and added lighter colors over. It's better than it was, but I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm sure it's mostly my mind comparing the colors of the two -- one so vibrant and then other kinda blase'.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #1493  
Proud Fan Club Member

Keep working on it and don't post it yet. I see a napkin is something we need for falliday, so maybe.....?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #1494  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Keep working on it and don't post it yet. I see a napkin is something we need for falliday, so maybe.....?
true dat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #1495  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,276 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Hi everyone! Wow, lots of chatter, love it. We went to an open house to celebrate the wedding that DH attended in Hawaii. The happy couple hosted it at their house (the place that DD2 house/dog/cat sat) so it was close by. I made a card for them, will post it tomorrow. It is my F card too, yay! Not at all a conventional wedding card, but they aren't terribly conventional so it seemed like a good match.

Kandie, the Weather Could be Verse sounds like it would be such fun - regardless the weather!

Wow, Ann, it would cost your DS $500 to visit a doctor? That is not good insurance at all.

Gracie, we've done one car before but it has been a long time. In Southern California I worked in Glendale and DH worked in Burbank. He would drive me to work and then go to his work. We both worked 8 hour days but I always had to wait for him because he would have travel time to get to his work. I worked in purchasing at a hospital. One day the Director of the Radiology Dept. came down to purchasing where I was waiting for my DH so I could go home. He asked me why I was still there and I told him I was waiting on my DH because we only had one car. He got a silly little grin and said, "Well, you have purchase orders, don't you?!" Silly guy!

Sharon, it's probably a good thing I couldn't go to your sale. I probably would have spent too much on stamps!

Fun cards, Kathy! Like the others, I like them all but my favorites are the second and third ones. There is a new curvy keepsake die? Can you tell that I haven't perused my catalog extensively?

I want to try the napkin die cut challenge. I don't think I have any white napkins though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #1496  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, I don't ever buy paper napkins. I have cloth and DH usually just uses a paper towel. But if we go to a restaurant and have extra napkins, I always bring them home. I used some from a place called Naf Naf. They were really cheapies, so didn't stay together even before I got them wet. I wonder if I had wet the leaf before I put it through the embossing folder, if that would have made any difference. Fortunately, I wasn't working with really thin delicate die cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #1497  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Hi everyone! Wow, lots of chatter, love it. We went to an open house to celebrate the wedding that DH attended in Hawaii. The happy couple hosted it at their house (the place that DD2 house/dog/cat sat) so it was close by. I made a card for them, will post it tomorrow. It is my F card too, yay! Not at all a conventional wedding card, but they aren't terribly conventional so it seemed like a good match.

Kandie, the Weather Could be Verse sounds like it would be such fun - regardless the weather!

Wow, Ann, it would cost your DS $500 to visit a doctor? That is not good insurance at all.

Gracie, we've done one car before but it has been a long time. In Southern California I worked in Glendale and DH worked in Burbank. He would drive me to work and then go to his work. We both worked 8 hour days but I always had to wait for him because he would have travel time to get to his work. I worked in purchasing at a hospital. One day the Director of the Radiology Dept. came down to purchasing where I was waiting for my DH so I could go home. He asked me why I was still there and I told him I was waiting on my DH because we only had one car. He got a silly little grin and said, "Well, you have purchase orders, don't you?!" Silly guy!

Sharon, it's probably a good thing I couldn't go to your sale. I probably would have spent too much on stamps!

Fun cards, Kathy! Like the others, I like them all but my favorites are the second and third ones. There is a new curvy keepsake die? Can you tell that I haven't perused my catalog extensively?

I want to try the napkin die cut challenge. I don't think I have any white napkins though.

I bought a pack of white napkins at Walmart for $1.12. They seem pretty good and I will just use them up after the project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #1498  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hmmm, I could try paper towels. We do have white paper towels, I hadn't thought about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #1499  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!!

Pleasant dreams of white napkins and paper towels that turn into greeting cards!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #1500  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello from Florida! We had a great time visiting college friends up near Tampa, and drove down to Cape Coral/Ft Myers today. Hubby's baseball tournament begins tomorrow with a double header.

While in Tampa, I snuck over to St Petersburg and dropped into Whims so Doodle and shopped- they are closing their doors- which is so sad! I stop in yearly, and love this store! I got 30% off everything I bought : ) I do not NEED a thing, but HAD to have a few things! And, I know we all speak the same language.....

We met another couple for dinner tonight and she does not like seafood, so had to look to find somewhere with food that she could eat plus seafood for us. We found a place- was a bit different- experience is a good word- it was quite an experience : ) and not too terribly expensive. Lots of food and it was pretty good too!

We do not like staying in hotels, so airbnb's a house. We walked in and it smelled pretty wicked- finally pinpointed it to the garbage disposal. So, bought a lemon and sliced it and put that through the disposal- helped a bit. First one we have had a problem like this with- ever. They have a pool and a hot tub here- which hubby likes- especially after a double header!

I have some supplies with me- I made card kits for myself...lol so made a card and 7 ATC's when I arrived here.

Off to bed now, and happy to have an 'extra' hour of sleep. I guess in the old days the farmers pushed for this so they could stay in their fields with more light in the summer.... may be an old wives tale. When my daughter Katie lived in China (3 years), we learned the entire country is on one time zone...... that is pretty wild- some people (Western China) are getting up and going to work and it is pitch black outside.... and getting ready for be and the sun is just setting.

Night all!!! Enjoy your extra hour of sleep! Dagmar, do you have time change there?

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #1501  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, paper towels, or even TP or kleenex should work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 06:20 AM   #1502  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. I have had breakfast and my shower, now waiting for my hair to dry a little. We leave in an hour for church, so better hurry, and not play one here. Where is everyone today?
I am excited for Falliday Fest, tomorrow. It is fun, Melody, we bring extra napkins home when we go out to eat, too. The couple that took us out for my birthday, do too. It must be a “senior” thing.
Shelly, sounds like you are having a great time in Florida. How prepared were you to craft on the go?
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #1503  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I so hate the time change!! Messes with the dogs!!

Waiting for my hair to dry too!!

Falliday Fest tomorrow!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #1504  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!
Lots of chatting! My internet provider has been down, so this is the first time I could get back online! So annoying!

Kathy, those cards are all so pretty! My favorite is the first one, but as everyone said they are all great!

Sharon, glad my belated card finally arrived. I will be gone all day tomorrow. So hoping to check out Falliday Fest tomorrow evening.

Arizona doesn't participate in the time change! I always hated that as back in Wis. it would get dark so early.

Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #1505  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning all! DH and I just got back from a run/walk. Boy, we haven't done that for a while and I am in TERRIBLE shape. Yikes. I certainly need to do that much more.

I didn't realize, somehow, that Falliday Fest starts tomorrow. Already?!

Shelly, I'm always sorry to hear about a crafting store closing their doors. So sad.

DH is going to look at the van today and see if his diagnosis is correct and, if so, how much trouble it is to fix it. I think it must be very difficult because when I looked online for typical charges, the parts are around $250 but the labor charges are over $1000. He is probably correct about what is wrong because he is actually a good mechanic. That comes from his first vehicles being of the quality that he had to keep his toolbox with him to make his vehicle get him from point A to point B.

Ann, I'm not a fan of time changes either though this one seems to be easier for me than the one in the spring. Honey is so mellow that it doesn't make any difference to her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #1506  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Gracie! We posted at the same time. I hate it when my ISP is down. Glad it is up and you were able to pop on and say hi. That is one of the good points of Arizona for me, that they don't participate in the time change. Now...if it weren't so hot there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #1507  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Good evening,

Shelly, we, had the time change last weekend.

Kathy your cards are so beautiful.

Ann I'm working on a lot of boxes, on Christmas my sport groups get a little present from me.

Good night everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #1508  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI Dagmar and Catherine!

It's not that hot up in the mountains of Arizona Catherine. Move to Payson and we can craft together! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #1509  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Dagmar!

Gracie, that would be so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #1510  
Proud Fan Club Member

Went to sams club with DS and DIL. I bought four cans of folgers coffee! They had 3 lbs. 3 oz cans for $6.98 each! I pay $9.97 at Walmart for 3 lbs! And that is down from $11.98 it usually runs! I need my coffee! I also bought a three pack of tze tapes for my label maker for $24.91! Those can run up to $18 per tape sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #1511  
Proud Fan Club Member

Longer video, but I had to share! Best kept secret ever!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #1512  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What fun, Kathy. I'm pretty sure DH and I could have kept a secret like that. I told DH about the video and he said, "I'm betting those girls are going to be pranksters and they got it from mom and dad!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #1513  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't know if I could've kept that secret! And if I could, DH probably couldn't have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #1514  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm pretty sure I could have, but don't think I'd want to. When I was pregnant with our oldest, I had a couple of co-workers (I worked at a different place than now) who kept telling me what good parents DH and I would make and how we should have kids. It was too funny when I got pregnant because we didn't tell anyone until I was practically showing so I would take their kidding and encouragement to have kids and laugh inside because I was already pregnant and they didn't know!

I'd go home and tell DH what funny thing they had said that day because they had no clue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #1515  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, that is some secret to keep!!

I know I was asked if I was having twins a few times because I had such big babies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 06:21 PM   #1516  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

How big were your babies, Ann? My first was 8 lbs 8 oz and she was my small one. DD2 was 9 lbs 6 oz. I decided I shouldn't have anymore (was only planning on two anyway), the next one probably would have been 10 lbs something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #1517  
Proud Fan Club Member

Both my boys were the exact same size. 7 lbs. 13 oz. And 21 1/4" long! I remember asking the doctor to repeat the size of my second after hearing it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #1518  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Kathy, that is amazing. I don't remember how long the girls were, I'd have to look it up. What I did the same was they were both born on the 18th of the month. I only have babies on the 18th! (Both were past their due dates too.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #1519  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was 9 days late for both boys too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #1520  
Proud Fan Club Member

I also remember the doctor telling me after the birth of my first that I wouldn't want any bigger a baby for my size! Guess I showed them! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes