Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #281  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMeView Post
I think it WILL change it. If they flake, they will only flake once because then they are removed, and do not have the opportunity to flake again.
People will just use different information to sign up again. They already do that.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #282  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye StamperView Post
People will just use different information to sign up again. They already do that.
If you know of someone who does that you should tell us. Then I think their IP address can be banned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #283  
Glitter Guru

What about my Mega swap?

It is nearly impossible, barring taking a week off work, to open, organize, sort, swap, reorganize, package for mailing and take them all to the PO with in the 10 day time frame. I already do a +2 and get helpers.

I always come through on that swap. I don't have complaints. People love it. I work, very, very hard to do a good job.

I feel like forcing everyone into the 10 day box is not fair.

I'm a little sad. I didn't do anything wrong:(

(some of the other rules make sense, phone numbers are a good idea (although they can not return your calls))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #284  
Glitter Guru

Maybe reliable hostesses can apply to "the powers that be" and ask, ahead of time for an extention on the 10 day due date.

I will need more time on my larger swaps.

I've tried to host smaller ones, people like my larger ones better.

And with the economy people like to mail more at one time as opposed to a lot of smaller swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #285  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzhView Post
If you know of someone who does that you should tell us. Then I think their IP address can be banned.
I've given some of my detective work to Kim in the past regarding this. I don't know what happened. This lady twice, under two different identities hosted huge SB swaps and then took off with everything!

I've recently found someone else, but have less proof, other than her crazy unique name, general area of the country she comes from and writing style. She was never a hostess, just a flakey swapper.

What is the rule on how you are considered to be a flake?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #286  
Stazon Splitcoast

From the date you get them all, you can't get them sorted and back out within 10 days? If that is the case, swap them out staggered as they come in, or do a lower number, or break them into groups due a week apart? I'm not familiar with your mega swap so I don't know the numbers we are talking here. The 10 day turn around has always been in the guidelines for swap hostesses. This is not new. Hostesses should not be holding up swaps for weeks before getting them back out to the particpants.

I honestly don't see how this is a punishment. I also don't see why people feel the need to host more than 5 swaps at a time. But that is just me. We said we are taking the suggestions into consideration and if we see down the road that 5 swaps is too low of a number we can add more, or allow more for hostesses with good records. We will look into that once the initial change over happens and we can see how it is going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye StamperView Post
I've given some of my detective work to Kim in the past regarding this. I don't know what happened. This lady twice, under two different identities hosted huge SB swaps and then took off with everything!

I've recently found someone else, but have less proof, other than her crazy unique name, general area of the country she comes from and writing style. She was never a hostess, just a flakey swapper.

What is the rule on how you are considered to be a flake?
A swapper that doesn't send in swaps, doesn't respond to the hostess, doesn't have a legitimate reason for not sending them in.

A hostess that takes all the swaps and runs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #288  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Quote:

I think it WILL change it. If they flake, they will only flake once because then they are removed, and do not have the opportunity to flake again.
and this will be a very good thing, I dont envy the people who have signed up to be moderating these threads... what a headache.

oh but this post gave me a chuckle...
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
I don't participate in the PIF swaps but from what I'm reading I think it would be beneficial for them to be in a seperate catagory instead of the swap forum. Same with SS exchanges, I don't think they should be considered "swaps."

the only "swaps" i make time for are pif image ones...:rolleyes:

i guess instead of calling them "swaps" we could call them the pif horse trading post yee haw! ... :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #289  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Exactly - that is YOUR preference. Some of us enjoy the hosting of multiple ones, seeing the creativity, inspiring and encouraging others, sharing the fun conversations and ideas, and when we come up with an idea that we think would make a fun swap, sharing that too by hosting.

Well, one thing is for certain -- all of the discussion on this list has opened my eyes to many other aspects of swapping on SCS and its participants, been very disappointing and discouraging to learn to me really. At present with the way its going, I doubt I'll host anymore after completing the ones I have open now.

That should be good news to some of those on here who complained I host too many! There will certainly be plenty more opportunity for them to host! I'll seek out other venues.

Quote:

I honestly don't see how this is a punishment. I also don't see why people feel the need to host more than 5 swaps at a time. But that is just me. We said we are taking the suggestions into consideration and if we see down the road that 5 swaps is too low of a number we can add more, or allow more for hostesses with good records. We will look into that once the initial change over happens and we can see how it is going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #290  
Pearl-ExPert

Buckeye's Mega swap is AWESOME (I wish I could still participate in it, maybe I will now that we're going back to one catalog a year), and I can certainly understand why it would take longer than the 10 days. Last time I participated we swapped over 100 card fronts and over 50 scrapbook pages. Everyone got one of each. She can't do staggered swapping and give everyone one of each person's artwork. That sort of swap should be allowed a little leeway, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #291  
Pearl-ExPert

Just my two cents worth on the number of swaps a hostess can do - the most I've ever done at once was two, but I love Susan's swaps. I think an experienced hostess should be allowed do to more. Maybe once someone has successfully hostessed 5 or 10 swaps their limit could be increased to 10? There would still be a limit for those who think there should be one, but some of our super hostesses would be able to do more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #292  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
Exactly - that is YOUR preference. Some of us enjoy the hosting of multiple ones, seeing the creativity, inspiring and encouraging others, sharing the fun conversations and ideas, and when we come up with an idea that we think would make a fun swap, sharing that too by hosting.
Well, one thing is for certain -- all of the discussion on this list has opened my eyes to many other aspects of swapping on SCS and its participants, been very disappointing and discouraging to learn to me really. At present with the way its going, I doubt I'll host anymore after completing the ones I have open now.

That should be good news to some of those on here who complained I host too many! There will certainly be plenty more opportunity for them to host! I'll seek out other venues.

Susan, it looks as though you can still do all of that, just with 5 swaps at a time. It is a shame you may leave something that you obviously really enjoy just because a limit is being set. I hope you will reconsider. It seems as though many people enjoy your swaps and would miss you and your creativity.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #293  
Chat Box Chick

Personally, I think the new rules will work out to be just fine. I really think it will make things easier on the mods. I can't imagine having to deal with all the PMs and complaints that they deal with, just to keep SCS up and running so that WE can enjoy it. If putting the new rules in place keeps SCS a fun place to hang out, and helps protect my stampin' sistahs from having their swaps 'go bad' then I think they are well worth it. I mean really....what if the flaking got out of control? The mods would eventually get tired of dealing with it and move on. What then? No more swaps? Or worse.....no mods to govern...and no SCS? :shock:

I'm thinking the rules are sounding pretty darn good. :mrgreen:

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #294  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

It actually isn't about the limit, its more about the people and what I've read through all these changes in two days. Its also about the expectations somewhat. I'd be trying to follow the rules but wouldn't enjoy having to report flakers or feel like a tattletale, or not be able to grant some leniency out of understanding to extend times as needed and such. I'm not going to worry or stress about violating rules or being reprimanded for those things. Honestly, it will take a great deal of enjoyment out of it then. I have always said that if it became something I couldn't enjoy anymore, then I'd quit doing it. Life is certainly too short to feel stress or worried about something like swapping.

Quote:

Susan, it looks as though you can still do all of that, just with 5 swaps at a time. It is a shame you may leave something that you obviously really enjoy just because a limit is being set. I hope you will reconsider. It seems as though many people enjoy your swaps and would miss you and your creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #295  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

It actually isn't about the limit, its more about the people and what I've read through all these changes in two days. Its also about the expectations somewhat. I'd be trying to follow the rules but wouldn't enjoy having to report flakers or feel like a tattletale, or not be able to grant some leniency out of understanding to extend times as needed and such. I'm not going to worry or stress about violating rules or being reprimanded for those things. Honestly, it will take a great deal of enjoyment out of it then. I have always said that if it became something I couldn't enjoy anymore, then I'd quit doing it. Life is certainly too short to feel stress or worried about something like swapping.
I don't think anyone would enjoy having to report people, but sometimes things just have to be done. It truly isn't fair to everyone else who is abiding by the rules to get 'cheated' because someone didn't fulfill their end of the bargain. I am sure that if someone is reported as a flaker and the mods find that there was a legitimate reason (ie. sickness, injury, etc) for the person not following through, that will be taken into consideration.

I hope that somehow you can begin to feel comfortable with the changes, and decide to stick around.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #296  
Stazon Splitcoast

These changes have been hard on a lot of people and I have been reading everyone's views and I can see both sides. It is very unfortunate for people like Susan who do successfully host a lot of swaps at once to feel limited. I do often join multiple swaps with the same hostess so that I can send everything in together. I also don't resent it when people like her host tons, because she also joins tons and often helps angel for people as well. I don't really like it when someone hosts a ton and barely joins anyone else's, but that rarely happens.

I do know that the mods are doing their best to fix recent problems that have been going on involving the flakers. I was just in a couple swaps where the poor hostess had to deal with numerous people flaking and backing out last minute and she went through lots of stress trying to get enough stuff to send back to all of us. It would be nice to be able to curb this.

The mods have said that they'll be working with these rules for now and seeing how it goes. If all goes well maybe they will increase the limit to those that prove themselves responsible.

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #297  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm wondering with all the new hostest-ess if the filtering process with take longer to find out who the reputable ones are. I'm doing one with a 1st timer now, and now I feel a little leery about it. I hope it goes well.

Be great to have a sort of "grade card" wall like ebay does where you give a thumbs up or down and reasons why. Questions releated to card swapping could be substituted for ebays...not sure what system they use or if there is shareware that could be applied to a hostesses profile if they wished.

Totally thinking out loud, don't know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #298  
Die Cut Diva

This is kind of off subject but I just wanted to say Thank you to the Mods who have the overwhelming job of trying to keep us all happy. Change is never easy for most people, even if it's a good thing it's still a change. Again though, thanks for all you do!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #299  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

The swap mods intentions are not to "reprimand". We're not the police . We're here to help "moderate" between our members and keep swapping as safe and fun for everyone as we can. We don't expect out hostesses to become "tattletales" If you're working with a swapper and you're understanding of why they were late / didn't complete something then there is no reason to report them to us. We're here to help out a hostess who is looking for "help" with a situation.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #300  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
This is kind of off subject but I just wanted to say Thank you to the Mods who have the overwhelming job of trying to keep us all happy. Change is never easy for most people, even if it's a good thing it's still a change. Again though, thanks for all you do!!
I second that!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #301  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkyFingrzView Post
The swap mods intentions are not to "reprimand". We're not the police . We're here to help "moderate" between our members and keep swapping as safe and fun for everyone as we can. We don't expect out hostesses to become "tattletales" If you're working with a swapper and you're understanding of why they were late / didn't complete something then there is no reason to report them to us. We're here to help out a hostess who is looking for "help" with a situation.
In addition, if your swappers are happy then there are not any problems. I am not at your house and don't know when the last package of swaps arrived. I am not setting a timer to 10 days and am going to reprimand you as soon as it dings. The 10 days has been around for awhile. Unless we get swappers complaining that they haven't heard from their hostess for 3 weeks and haven't gotten their swaps back we aren't getting involved. I don't see there being a big change from the current on this. I guess everyone is just seeing it now and are freaking out about it, but I don't think you need to freak out about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #302  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

In addition, if your swappers are happy then there are not any problems. I am not at your house and don't know when the last package of swaps arrived. I am not setting a timer to 10 days and am going to reprimand you as soon as it dings. The 10 days has been around for awhile. Unless we get swappers complaining that they haven't heard from their hostess for 3 weeks and haven't gotten their swaps back we aren't getting involved. I don't see there being a big change from the current on this. I guess everyone is just seeing it now and are freaking out about it, but I don't think you need to freak out about it.
Thanks for clarifying this!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #303  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Record Keeper]View Post
I'm wondering with all the new hostest-ess if the filtering process with take longer to find out who the reputable ones are. I'm doing one with a 1st timer now, and now I feel a little leery about it. I hope it goes well.
I am very upset after reading this because I checked your posts and think you may be referring to my SU image swap that you are signed up for.

While this is the first time I have hosted an image swap, it is NOT my first swap.

I am a very reputable hostess, I always answer any questions, I post when my cards are received and sent, I feel as though I swap my cards in a timely manner, and I have even gone as far as paying for swappers return postage when they do not send enough, or any at all. (My husband gets mad at me for this because my very first card swap cost me about $8 in postage).

If you want to see the other swaps that I have done, check my gallery. I always post the cards I receive and give credit to the people who make them. That should ease your concern.

I just had to add that if anyone may be questioning a swap hostess there is a 'Recognize Your Hostess' thread found here :

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

(And because I'm so upset) I wanted to point out that I have been mentioned in the 'Recognize Your Hostess' thread in posts #'s 163, 177, & 257.

Last edited by LaLatty; 05-14-2009 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: added info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #304  
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't had the chance to read through all the questions so sorry if this has been answered...how do we know if our current people signed up for our swaps are on "the list to swap"? and if they aren't on the list...are they automatically dropped from the swap we are hosting? this question is for swaps that are already going on. TIA!denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #305  
Chat Box Chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
I haven't had the chance to read through all the questions so sorry if this has been answered...how do we know if our current people signed up for our swaps are on "the list to swap"? and if they aren't on the list...are they automatically dropped from the swap we are hosting? this question is for swaps that are already going on. TIA!denise
I'm pretty sure the mods said that everyone can still see the threads, but only those in the usergroup can post. So, until all the current swaps are complete, those that did not join can communicate with you via PM. But for any new swaps, the participants must be members that can post in the threads.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #306  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
Denise,

All swappers can and should continue to finish the swaps they have already signed up for. Even if they are not a member of the new swap group they will still be able to read and see any updates you make to your swap. When they attempt to post to the thread it will let them know they need to sign up for the group to be able to post. If they choose not to sign up for the group they can contact their current hostess by PM with updates on mailing or questions.

If someone decides not to join the swap group they will not be able to sign up for new swaps - since they are not able to post - and a long standing "rule" on SCSers is that you MUST post in a swap thread to sign up for the swap.

Hope that answers your question

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #307  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

In reading thru some of my subscriptions, I am saddened to see that swapppers are opting to drop instead of join the users group. I'm not getting that. They could easily finish what they are already in & joing the group is not a big deal. I personally don't have a problem with people knowing who I am or where I live. If someone wants my identity, they will find a way to get it. I shop, bank & pay bills online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #308  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
I third that (Avery123 seconded it). Thank you to all the SCS Mods.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #309  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's the deal--I just don't want to have to sign up again. I do my part in the few swaps I have been in and I don't need anyone watching me to make sure I get my work in on time. If I were a host, I still don't need anyone watching over me. I am all growed up now. I like being an adult. I know there are people out there who flake and scam. It is the chance you take. I just don't want one more place on my computer with info out there. Sorry. The swaps I have been in (and currently in) have been a blast and the chit chat on the thread has been nice, but it will have to be nice without me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #310  
Insane Embellisher

Smile My two cents...

Quote:

I was freaking out last night too but this is a very legitimate point...I think the suddenness of this was the shock...maybe we could have been reminded of the current rules first and then explain the additions...I'm feeling more comfortable with this now after reading this post...

BTW, maybe the number of swappers in each group should be limited to 20 or so and not the number of swaps a hostess can have...I don't think it's fair to count a swap like the card flood or 6.42 as one of the swaps since the hostess - after setting up the swap- has little to do except monitor...

I think I'll be okay but in any case I didn't even know we could contact the monitors :oops: I could have placed several complaints but hey life happens...

Oh well, just wait out the storm and see what happens when the sun shines again

Enjoy the week end gals and thanks to the mods who are being subjective to all of these comments...

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #311  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Very cool, thanks for looking out for the swappers and hostesses BOTH.....SOMETHING had to be done.... I appreciate the efforts and time you all DONATE!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #312  
Rubber Obsessor

When I fill out all of the personal information that is required, will that be visible to anyone who looks at my profile?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #313  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by memaw2twoView Post
When I fill out all of the personal information that is required, will that be visible to anyone who looks at my profile?
No, the information can only be viewed by the moderators.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #314  
Stampin' Fool

I've read every single post on here since this began and frankly I got cross-eyed.

Let's look at some things:

#1-The mods have been getting complaints about flakers, both participants and hostesses. Now what are they supposed to do? Just keep dealing with the complaints day in and day out? Why? If everyone is so "growed up" around here, why are they complaining about flakers other than hostess flakers? To me, someone who hosts a swap and then flakes out with postage, stuff and money should be banned. That should be a given because that's just plain stealing, IMHO. But when you sign up for a swap or hostess a swap, you have to factor in a flaker or two here and there. If you don't, then you're doing swaps with rose-colored glasses on. And queenbee, I'm not taking a poke at you at all. I've received things in swaps we've been in together and love what you do. You will be missed by me for whatever that is worth. Plus I thought "growed up" was something only I said. LOL!

#2-Change is never easy. I despise change. But in 57 years I've learned to roll with the punches otherwise I would never get to do anything because something ALWAYS changes in life and that's the way of it. If you don't want your name and address out there, then obviously you don't bank online, purchase anything online, sign up for anything that requires a name and address, pay bills online, etc. It's a chance people take with the internet.

#3-There are some great hostesses out there and some just beginning. I love swapping. I came from another place where nothing was controlled and you were left, as a hostess, to deal with flakers on your own. Some hostesses tried to control it by having other longtime posters vouch for newbies, but that's no guarantee either. I signed up for the user group because, frankly, if someone wants to steal my identity here. they aren't going to get much.

So for me, I'm not giving up something I like. I'll roll with the punches because this is my hobby and my relaxation and I want to continue to do so. I guess what I'm trying to say is that SCS seems to be trying to resolve something that has become a little bigger than they thought with all the obvious complaints they have stated they are getting. Why wouldn't we think about what they have to deal with, on a volunteer basis, on any given day? Instead of looking at why it's such a pain for "me", why not look at how will this improve my experience in swapping? How will this help the overall enjoyment for everyone who participates in swaps? And what if it works well? What then?

I will say this: Maybe before someone here makes a big change like this, they could give us a heads up that this may be coming and then ask for suggestions. That way people feel a part of the process and not just left out in the cold and then struck by a thunderstorm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #315  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to LittleScrappy
Cool

Amen, Grandma!!

My thing is this: if SCS has been a good Swapping Home so far, then it must NOT have meant that much to the people who are willing to leave so quickly- especially without giving the new rules a try.

I'm a first-time hostess (hosting 2 swaps), and personally, I'll feel better if my swappers have taken the time out to become a user (which some already have). AGAIN: When we participate in swaps and host them, 'strangers' already have our real names and addresses. Don't get all private now! :mrgreen:

As far as hosting more than 5 swaps: I guess I'd host more than 5 if I had the time. But it's sure a LOT of stuff that you get from dozens of people- since the hostess is a +1. :rolleyes: So I see why hostesses would fuss if they're used to hosting several swaps at a time (I'm just sayin'). Give us new hostesses a chance to make a name for ourselves. Scrapbooking is a passion for some of us as well. ;) I don't have a lot of people signing up for my swaps right now, but maybe they're too busy with 15 of someONE else's. I don't think it's fair. I like the limit of 5.

I'm not going to let these rules ruin MY Swapping/Hosting experience...at all! It's what I enjoy to do. It's MY habit (sorry...hobby). The rules aren't even THAT bad and I think people are concentrating on frustration and feeding off of one another instead of thinking that it isn't that serious. For goodness sake, it only took 10 seconds to fill out the information!!!! The SAME information (minus the phone number) that our Swappers and Hostesses get when we participate in our swaps. SAME information.

Getting off of my soapbox.

(HUGS)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #316  
Kookie Creator

I am actually one of those girls that have hosted similar swaps to Susan's swaps. Susan helped me even with it and participated. She is awesome! I really would hate for Susan to be limited...when she is the model hostess. I have started hosting and love it! I want to continue hosting a great variety of swaps and find that 5 is just so limiting...even if it your favorite number !

Quote:

I don't think that it would change. I host a variety of swaps, but just because I came up with the idea first, shouldn't mean others hold that against me. Even if I were hosting only 5, there's that chance that it would still occur!

I've had people even come and ask me if they host a similar one, would I be offended, and by all means I have said not at all, in fact, encourage others to even host and share that info on my threads, as well as answer a lot of questions from others who have hosting questions regularly!

I think with 100,000+ members, there are plenty of them to go around! I sign up for several of them that are the same LOTW words, ATC themes, etc. If your a swapper, you can relate, you just want to have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #317  
Die Cut Diva

One quick question, does this effect our paid membership to SCS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #318  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: The avie is my granddaughter & the bike that she races

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleScrappyView Post
Amen, Grandma!!

My thing is this: if SCS has been a good Swapping Home so far, then it must NOT have meant that much to the people who are willing to leave so quickly- especially without giving the new rules a try.

I'm a first-time hostess (hosting 2 swaps), and personally, I'll feel better if my swappers have taken the time out to become a user (which some already have). AGAIN: When we participate in swaps and host them, 'strangers' already have our real names and addresses. Don't get all private now! :mrgreen:

As far as hosting more than 5 swaps: I guess I'd host more than 5 if I had the time. But it's sure a LOT of stuff that you get from dozens of people- since the hostess is a +1. :rolleyes: So I see why hostesses would fuss if they're used to hosting several swaps at a time (I'm just sayin'). Give us new hostesses a chance to make a name for ourselves. Scrapbooking is a passion for some of us as well. ;) I don't have a lot of people signing up for my swaps right now, but maybe they're too busy with 15 of someONE else's. I don't think it's fair. I like the limit of 5.

I'm not going to let these rules ruin MY Swapping/Hosting experience...at all! It's what I enjoy to do. It's MY habit (sorry...hobby). The rules aren't even THAT bad and I think people are concentrating on frustration and feeding off of one another instead of thinking that it isn't that serious. For goodness sake, it only took 10 seconds to fill out the information!!!! The SAME information (minus the phone number) that our Swappers and Hostesses get when we participate in our swaps. SAME information.

Getting off of my soapbox.

(HUGS)
I'm sorry that you feel it is unfair for others to be hosting more than a couple of swaps. I generally have 8-9 open & have 20+ that I have signed up for. My having open swaps won't keep anyone from signing up for yours if it is something that they are interested in doing. Some of mine draw 40-50 swappers & some draw 10 or less. I think that it all depends on the what the swap is all about. I host & swap because I enjoy it & I don't sweat the small stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #319  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by slhawesView Post
One quick question, does this effect our paid membership to SCS?
No, nothing to do with that. This is specific to the swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #320  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

#1-The mods have been getting complaints about flakers, both participants and hostesses. Now what are they supposed to do? Just keep dealing with the complaints day in and day out? Why? If everyone is so "growed up" around here, why are they complaining about flakers other than hostess flakers? To me, someone who hosts a swap and then flakes out with postage, stuff and money should be banned. That should be a given because that's just plain stealing, IMHO. But when you sign up for a swap or hostess a swap, you have to factor in a flaker or two here and there. If you don't, then you're doing swaps with rose-colored glasses on. And queenbee, I'm not taking a poke at you at all. I've received things in swaps we've been in together and love what you do. You will be missed by me for whatever that is worth. Plus I thought "growed up" was something only I said.
None taken! I just hope everyone that is so adamant towards those of us who wish to simplify our lives by not having one more place we have to sign up can be understanding. We just wish to not participate if we have to sign up again. We already agreed to to terms when we signed on here; that should be enough to kick anyone off or ban them. (I know I have been for much, much, very much less than flaking on a swap.) I do agree that the hostess (who gets the goodies and can do what he/she wants with them) should be monitored.

There are plenty of people who will come in and take our place; those maybe the ones who wanted more rules for comfort. I am a big devotee of Covey--there is enough to go around!
Reply With Quote Likes