Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile What info am I allowed to list when I upload?

I originally posted this msg in the TERMS OF SERVICE forum back in August & had no reply. Now that I have a better knowledge of what forums are around SCS, I thought I would re-post my msg here instead - I have edited & added a little to the original post. Hope this is the right forum. My question is:

I'm sure that someone has probably already asked the question, but I often upload cards which use a Sketch from a Sketch Challenge Blog (eg: Our Creative Corner) and out of courtesy to that Blog, I have been including a link to the Blog in question, but of course, making no mention if there is a prize on offer - it's just purely and simply the link to that website. Personally, I just enter Challenges for the fun of it & to get my mojo going when I am in a rut. Am I doing the right thing, or should I not include the link? Just wanting to abide by SCS rules and don't want to be seen to be promoting that Blog.

Also, if I am using a non-Stampin' up stamp or none of your Member Companies' stamps, am I allowed to include a link to the stamp company's website? I am not saying on my upload that the company in question is fantastic etc. and not promoting it - I guess I am just trying to be helpful - but then I started thinking that maybe it could be misconstrued as "promoting" that company when that isn't my original intention.

It's a bit of a grey area for me, because some of the companies I buy from request that a link to their website is included if I upload something using their product to an on-line Gallery - it's part of their copyright rules - but again could be misconstrued as promotion. Pls note I have no affiliation with any company & I am not on any Design Teams nor have a Blog - I just stamp for fun & absolutely love SCS & want to be fair to all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hi jobear, I think you can include those links without worry. we do discourage promotional postings but a link alone would not be considered promotion. hope that clears it up for you, and thanks for your kind words.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile Thank you!

Hi Daven,

Just wanted to say "thank you" for clearing things up.
Reply With Quote Likes