Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2011, 04:07 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weekly Christmas Card Challenge 2012 � Gallery Searching Issues

I'm participating in this challenge:

Weekly Christmas Card Challenge 2012 - Closed and Chatting by wiggydl at Splitcoaststampers

I seem to be having a couple of issues in finding the submissions as posted in the gallery.

The first link listed in the first post for the WCCCJAN20 cards seem to be working okay:

WCCCJAN20 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

The second link in the first post for the WCCCJAN27 isn't working and it looks like there is one C missing from the search results:

WCCJAN27 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

However, if I go to the gallery and just search on "WCCC" should I not be able to get all of the cards submitted for the various weeks (as the challenge progresses and more get added)? The term "WCCC" doesn't even bring up my two cards as submitted for either of these two weeks:

Here's my submission for WCCCJAN20: CCC12 WCCCJAN20 by lharnish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my submission for WCCCJAN27: CCC12 WCCCJAN27 by lharnish - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking into this :-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

I see yours when I search the full search terms. I think the gallery takes a little while for things to show up.

As for the second link, the hostess should be able to correct it in her post.

I don't know how to do wild card searches in our gallery. Maybe one of the other gals do.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Leslie -

Either she fixed the link or something else is going on because the Jan 27th link works for me, and has all the C's it needs. Your card is the only one that comes up on that search.

And since WCCC isn't a keyword on it's own, you won't get search results - only with full words/keywords.

If you want to add WCCC to each card to make it part of the larger Christmas challenge effort you can suggest that to the hostess, and then you would be able to search that term.

Happy new Year!!
Pearl-ExPert

I'm having a moment. I'm not 100% sure what you're saying the hostess needs to do to make WCCC alone a keyword? WCCC is part of each week and following the WCCC is a three digit month and a two digit day. I know it works for the Christmas Card Challenge because when I type in just CCC in the search field, it brings up all the years of that challenge, eg CCC10 CCC11 and now CCC12.

Thanks!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I'm having a moment. I'm not 100% sure what you're saying the hostess needs to do to make WCCC alone a keyword? WCCC is part of each week and following the WCCC is a three digit month and a two digit day. I know it works for the Christmas Card Challenge because when I type in just CCC in the search field, it brings up all the years of that challenge, eg CCC10 CCC11 and now CCC12.

Thanks!
Just to say I think using a partial keyword doesn't always return full results. I know, for example, that if I search my own gallery for MMTPT I certainly do not get all my teapot tuesday cards,( I only get 14 out of well over a hundred) - the most reliable way of doing that is on my own computer! I think it may also depend on whether the partial keyword is used in the title, though I couldn't swear to that. So I think when you say you're getting all the years coming up for just CCC, I'd suggest that you are getting a mix of years but almost definitely not all the cards.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post

Thanks!
Actually, that's an illusion

If you type CCC in the search, you will ONLY get cards that have JUST CCC by itself somewhere in the description, the keywords, or the other fields. For example, you'll notice the first card is by a user whose username is CCC.

This card: SC362, CCC12 All Tied Up by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers has JUST "CCC" in the description, and so on.

It will only execute searches for full terms, not partial terms, as Sabrina said.

So if you guys want to search that way, you would have to include the term you want to search for in all the uploads or it won't work.

I hope that makes sense!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I noticed one other instance where a search for "CCC" gets something more...If someone puts "CCC#__" with no spaces anywhere, that comes up in the "CCC" search. Maybe the fact of the "#" after the CCC makes it work.

CCC#33 Butterfly brooch by seraines - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I don't know, I think it's just picking up the CCC. Because if you look towards the top right of the screen where it says Home: Search, it's only showing ccc as what you're searching for. The search engine isn't picking up on the hash sign.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I guess what I was trying to say is that I searched for ccc, but the card I linked didn't have ccc by itself anywhere in the post. It only had the CCC#33. So maybe the # symbol makes the search pick up the ccc as if it was by itself.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.