Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

trojan virus

since i started visiting scs daily, i have gotten a nasty trojan virus no less than 5-6 times. i never ever got them before. the only place i visit now that i didnt before is here.its getting kinda hard to explain to hubby why i keep getting them over and over. yesterday i was only on scs. and by the end of the day i had gotten another virus. luckily i noticed some strange computer activity and was able to get rid of it before it totally wiped out my hard drive, like last time. has anyone else had this problem? i love browsing the forums and the gallery but its not worth the price of a new computer.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Forum Fanatic

Wink

I would post this in the forum, "site suggestions and questions" so the owners can address it.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Watercolor Wizard

I had one on my computer too this week...and it's acting weird and running and freezing...I better check for a virus again
Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo.navymomView Post
since i started visiting scs daily, i have gotten a nasty trojan virus no less than 5-6 times. i never ever got them before. the only place i visit now that i didnt before is here.its getting kinda hard to explain to hubby why i keep getting them over and over. yesterday i was only on scs. and by the end of the day i had gotten another virus. luckily i noticed some strange computer activity and was able to get rid of it before it totally wiped out my hard drive, like last time. has anyone else had this problem? i love browsing the forums and the gallery but its not worth the price of a new computer.

Yes, I have goten them, too. I did not know where they came from. Ever now and then, a McAfee sign pops up saying, "Trojan Detected"

I thought they also could be coming from a game site but that is supposed to be virus free ( so they claim), spyware free, etc.

By now, Hubby is really tired of removing everything and reinstalling again.

And I do not blame him!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Pearl-ExPert

I also got a horrible one about 6 wks ago. We lost the computer, it crashed, and we had to call dell and completely re-boot. Ug...we lost everything. I now use something called www.superantispyware.com and I use the free version. It's wonderful. And that's for the free version! I can only imagine how good the paid version would be!! I now run that spyware every so often. My virus was unbelievable!! It was for male enhancement!!! Hahaha. But that website got rid of it!! Karen
Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Hardware Hotshot

I've had issues this week too but wasn't sure why.........but so did DBF on his work PC and since he'd used mine and his I thought it was something he did on my PC, maybe not. I hope it's nothing here, never had a problem (that I knew of anyway) before.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Kookie Creator

Mine started today. I keep getting a pop up that looks like and says it is Windows Defender saying I have some kind of virus. Before I clicked on it, I went and Goggled it and found out that the pop up is a virus!

That was on my laptop, so now I came and got on here on our desktop.

I sure hope it isn't coming from SCS, or both of our computers will have it.

I did notice when I was on SCS on my laptop, the banner across the top was saying "Ashley" wanted to be my "friend" and to click to see her email. I thought it was totally weird.

Visit my little galleria
Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you back up all your important files. If your husband or someone in the house knows how to reformat then have them create 2 partitions (C: and D: drives). I suggest you partition the C: drive with at least 15 gigs (15360MB) of space to install all your necessary programs. The rest of the space that's leftover will show up automatically and you can just hit "enter" to create the D: drive. You can store all your important files on your D: drive because viruses will replicate themselves and destruct the directory structure. When this happens, it's usually the C: drive that is vulnerable. You then can just delete the C: drive partition and create a new one and leaving your D: drive in tact. An easier way is to get an external hard drive and you can just plug in the USB cable. Everything is formatted so you don't have to do anything but copy/paste files into it. If you don't have a anti-virus program, AVG has a free one that you can download and it works very well. Some of "spyware-free" ads are actually spywares themselves, so be careful on what you click on. Use Cnet reviews for programs to make sure what you're considering is the real deal.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

OK - I thought it was just me. I have this thing happen only at this site and I try to click to go to the gallery and it opens like 100 of the same page....
Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

dose any noe know name of the trojan virus or names trojan virus so that can repoter to my virus potechon softwave people? hotwheels
Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

I had some problems this week too.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess

Should I be afraid to come here?!?