Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC in gallery

I have a suggestion. I've noticed many more members, myself included, uploading TAC cards in the past few months. Would it be possible to have an option like "TAC" or "The Angel Company" as a location rather than uploading these cards to our member galleries? Thanks so much!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa, here's a thread regarding this. It has been brought up before.

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Yeah, I know, but they were requesting a listing by sets, like what we have with SU. I'm just asking for a much simpler, general TAC category.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lisa,

I really like your idea! I never know what category to put my TAC cards in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #5  

Received 275 Likes on 162 Posts

I'd like to see this happen, also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Great idea!
My Blog - it has moved
My Website

A candle loses nothing from lighting another candle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thet would be great! Maybe they could also add some general categories for other companies too. It would make searching much easier. In the meantime, I put TAC at the beginning of each of my uploads and also in the keywords so you can search "TAC" in the gallery and find them. I think others have done this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheeler
Thet would be great! Maybe they could also add some general categories for other companies too. It would make searching much easier. In the meantime, I put TAC at the beginning of each of my uploads and also in the keywords so you can search "TAC" in the gallery and find them. I think others have done this too.
Yeah, that's what I do. I frequently do a gallery search for TAC, but if folks don't put TAC in their title or keywords, we might be missing out on some great stuff!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

I think this is a great idea! It would be much easier for SCS that adding a "by set" gallery for every major company, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a general gallery for TAC, CTMH, AMuse, or others they get requests for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I also love TAC and would welcome a TAC gallery, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #11  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

despite the inaction thus far, this is a hot issue for us. you're probably all fairly well-versed in the fact that splitcoast has always been Stampin' Up! oriented. not to intentionally exclude other companies, that was never our motivation. more that we just were unfamiliar with other companies, tracy was a long-time su! demo, blah de blah.

anyway, we want and plan to accommodate other companies. and I'll be very honest with you, the main source of my hesitation thus far has been the need to do this in such a way that we don't cause contention, strife or ill will between those who align themselves with one company or another. I suppose you could say I see it as a "political" issue, and I want to be a good politician :^)

we'll always be very "friendly", as a site, toward SU! demos, customers and products. that's just the way it is. but I'm very anxious to increase our support for other companies as well. I just want to be sure we do it in the best way, and we haven't decided what that is yet. your feedback and opinions are VERY welcome.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I think this is a great idea! It would be much easier for SCS that adding a "by set" gallery for every major company, but it shouldn't be too hard to have a general gallery for TAC, CTMH, AMuse, or others they get requests for.
another thing on the 'by set' gallery, the mods have to pretty much memorize every set there is, so we can easily recognize it to be placed in the correct gallery.

i know myself, there is no way i could memorize sets from TAC, CTMH, SU, Amuse, Etc.. that is so overwhelming.

i already get thrown off by the TAC sets resembling the SU sets sooo much..

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I think it's a good idea, but as I have said to Ms. B, where do you draw the line? I think general individual galleries for CTMH, TAC, A Muse would be great... but then will you get people saying "what about Whipper Snapper, House Mouse, Penny B, HA, etc."? Y'know the old "once you open the gates" saying... how flooded with requests for individual company galleries would you become? How do you differentiate between one company and another? Who gets in and who doesn't? LOL, probably all things y'all have said already.

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Karen, you're making my head explode!!!! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenInKali
I think it's a good idea, but as I have said to Ms. B, where do you draw the line? I think general individual galleries for CTMH, TAC, A Muse would be great... but then will you get people saying "what about Whipper Snapper, House Mouse, Penny B, HA, etc."? Y'know the old "once you open the gates" saying... how flooded with requests for individual company galleries would you become? How do you differentiate between one company and another? Who gets in and who doesn't? LOL, probably all things y'all have said already.
General individual galleries for companies that sell through demos--TAC, CTMH

A dollar stamp general gallery--all $1 stamps, Micheals, Joanns, ACMoore ect

As for amuse, whipper, house mouse ect-- set up general guidelines on how to submit them to a gallery designated for them as a group.

An amusing whipper snapping there's a mouse in the house gallery.

Keyword would be the company name, followed by the name of the stamp. [or something similiar] That way when someone goes into the amusing whipper snapping there's a mouse in the house gallery and want only Amuse or a specific stamp name, they simply do a search in that gallery and since everyone who uploaded used the guidelines [in a perfect world], its easy for all the samples to come up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsabby518
General individual galleries for companies that sell through demos--TAC, CTMH

A dollar stamp general gallery--all $1 stamps, Micheals, Joanns, ACMoore ect

As for amuse, whipper, house mouse ect-- set up general guidelines on how to submit them to a gallery designated for them as a group.

An amusing whipper snapping there's a mouse in the house gallery.

Keyword would be the company name, followed by the name of the stamp. [or something similiar] That way when someone goes into the amusing whipper snapping there's a mouse in the house gallery and want only Amuse or a specific stamp name, they simply do a search in that gallery and since everyone who uploaded used the guidelines [in a perfect world], its easy for all the samples to come up.
that sounds great and all.. but most people forget to do that as it is now.. when/if it were made to be more complex, it would cause a lot of confusion that way...

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Well, for now go to A shade Of Blue forum if you want TAC cards! It would be easier. Much the same as SCS started as a promo for SU, ASB has been TAC based. Neither are exclusive, and both welcome everyone. But, it is much easier to find TAC things over there. They are listed, usualy, with the set name in the keywords. I also know that by the end of the year there will be another large site that will be listing them by company or theme. It is still undecided to a point. But it is being worked on. It will be a great site that is not company based. I like that. It is rubber stamping based, who cares what company! LOL! Oh well. I know I list TAC in my keywords and usually the set name, but there are nights when I am too tired to do the set name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedScramper
Well, for now go to A shade Of Blue forum if you want TAC cards! It would be easier. Much the same as SCS started as a promo for SU, ASB has been TAC based. Neither are exclusive, and both welcome everyone. But, it is much easier to find TAC things over there. They are listed, usualy, with the set name in the keywords. I also know that by the end of the year there will be another large site that will be listing them by company or theme. It is still undecided to a point. But it is being worked on. It will be a great site that is not company based. I like that. It is rubber stamping based, who cares what company! LOL! Oh well. I know I list TAC in my keywords and usually the set name, but there are nights when I am too tired to do the set name.

very close to a slam.

remember that thousands of us love SCS and this is the place for us.

I'm going to bite my tongue and leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterPixie
very close to a slam.

remember that thousands of us love SCS and this is the place for us.

I'm going to bite my tongue and leave it at that.
Well, I certainly didn't mean that as a slam. I'm sorry you took it that way. I am just excited to have another place becoming available that has a different set up. I like looking at images and layouts and I don't care what company they are from. That is what I am saying. SCS is SU oriented and has been from the start. We all know that, and it is perfectly fine. It is a wonderful place to be and has a great atmosphere.

But, as a non-SU demo I would like to find things based on theme, as I don't know the names of sets. So searching for cards this was doesn't work for me very well. But a theme based gallery would work because I would not have to know anything else. Does that make sense?

This "new" site is a non-profit site, only there for the promotion of the art of rubber stamping. It is not going to be there to promote one company or another. I don't know why that is a slam anymore than if I said to go look through a magazine like The Rubber Stamper. I really mean- who cares what company a stamp comes from. You may have loyalties, but are you in this because of a company or because you love stamping? I may be "tied" to a company, but not because I think it is the end all. I like a discount! But I love stamps, and I REALLY don't care who made it, it is the image I care about and the fact that I get joy from creating things.

So, maybe this long winded explanation helps you understand I didn't intend ANY kind of a slam. Sheesh! Would I have so many posts and spend so much time somewhere I intended to slam?????? I mean really. Let's be real.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am being real.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Well, WaterPixie and I did a little pm'ing last night and I wanted to clear this up. Here is how I explained to her my feelings and hopefully anyone else who agrees with her will understand what I meant. Sorry that post stirred anything up. It certainly was not intentional.

"I am sorry that you feel so offended. I honestly don't mean anything bad or even have any bad feelings toward SU or SCS. I certainly don't mean to make you feel like I am trying to slam either.

Someone asked a question and I was simply trying to help her find a place to go for what she was looking for. I don't think that Daven should have to make SCS a place "for TAC". And I don't think it is fair to he and Tracy to feel like have to do that. They started SCS for a clear purpose and that purpose would be compromised if they start trying to fit TAC and CTMH and every other company into the set listing. And what a brutal task that would be for anyone to keep up with.

So, I think, why not let someone else's site be for TAC and let this lady know that if that is what she is looking for to go see that gallery. Or if she wants to look by theme and not company then go to another place. I guess I feel like that would be good "customer service".

SCS can't be replaced or put to second best. And yes, thousands, INCLUDING myself love it. I am just a hobbyist and I have fun. So I don't get caught up in the rivalry that exists. I may forget that others do get caught up in it. And maybe that is why my comments to me seem harmless and un-offending, but you have taken them in a completely different light. ... I really wish things here weren't so touchy.

I have seen this happen quite a few times lately and I am really getting to feel like there is a line being formed. It also seems like it is so much a TAC vs SU thing. It all just makes me sad. I guess it makes me sad because I honestly don't care about company A vs B. And so when there is this feeling of competition or rivalry the generality of being a "stamping" site is lost and it becomes "company X's" site. It loses that open feeling of being for anyone.

I want you to know that this is the site where I send friends who are looking for ideas and inspiration. I would not do that if I did feel like it was only for SU. I am not trying to dog or put down anyone, ever, at all. I am really not like that."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedScramper
Well, I certainly didn't mean that as a slam. I'm sorry you took it that way. I am just excited to have another place becoming available that has a different set up. I like looking at images and layouts and I don't care what company they are from. That is what I am saying. SCS is SU oriented and has been from the start. We all know that, and it is perfectly fine. It is a wonderful place to be and has a great atmosphere.

But, as a non-SU demo I would like to find things based on theme, as I don't know the names of sets. So searching for cards this was doesn't work for me very well. But a theme based gallery would work because I would not have to know anything else. Does that make sense?

This "new" site is a non-profit site, only there for the promotion of the art of rubber stamping. It is not going to be there to promote one company or another. I don't know why that is a slam anymore than if I said to go look through a magazine like The Rubber Stamper. I really mean- who cares what company a stamp comes from. You may have loyalties, but are you in this because of a company or because you love stamping? I may be "tied" to a company, but not because I think it is the end all. I like a discount! But I love stamps, and I REALLY don't care who made it, it is the image I care about and the fact that I get joy from creating things.

So, maybe this long winded explanation helps you understand I didn't intend ANY kind of a slam. Sheesh! Would I have so many posts and spend so much time somewhere I intended to slam?????? I mean really. Let's be real.
Some of us do care, though. I like TAC stuff, and CTMH stuff, etc., but I'm a SU! demo and sometimes it gets confusing and even (sorry to be blunt here) annoying to have other companies stamps in stuff I'm trying to get inspiration from. It's much easier when I know I have, or can easily purchase from myself, the stamps/supplies used. I would LOVE it if SCS (since it's not intending to exclude) could create different galleries for the different companies for this reason alone, so we know who's stuff we're looking at. Then, if I want to find a certain TAC stamp set to get ideas from, or the same with SU! sets, I can. Just MHO - not something everyone has to agree with for sure.
My Blog - it has moved
My Website

A candle loses nothing from lighting another candle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariemc
I like TAC stuff, and CTMH stuff, etc., but I'm a SU! demo and sometimes it gets confusing and even (sorry to be blunt here) annoying to have other companies stamps in stuff I'm trying to get inspiration from.
I understand the point you are making, but as the galleries are currently set up- the non-SU stamps don't get loaded into any galleries. BUT, there is no restriction from using more than one companies stamps on a card. So if I load something into Loads of Love (one of my favorite sets) gallery, it doesn't mean I won't have a Sonlight background and a CTMH sentiment on it- as long as the main thing is Loads of Love. So- from what you're saying, it seems you don't want this sort of thing in the galleries.

As for "let other sites be for other companies" currently A Shade of Blue maintains that they are not a TAC site, and that's why they won't organize their galleries by set. There are Angel only forums there though, so there are a lot of Angels. I don't find the galleries as user friendly, though I do enjoy their forums, so I keep my gallery here.

From what I have repeatedly seen by those who run SCS, is it is not an SU site. It was designed for that purpose, and grew from there. They now allow, accept, encourage? stamps and discussion about all companies. I understand that because of what it was originally designed for the galleries will always be SU based- and that's just great.

I'm starting to think company galleries won't really do much. If there was a general TAC gallery to upload the only thing this would do is prevent me from having to type in keywords. Because now someone can search TAC or CTHM and pull up every card with those keywords. So with the gallery, they would essentially be doing the same thing. It would just give us somewhere to upload to, I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

As an art stamper, I am thankful for what we do have here at Splitcoast. Although Stampin Up! is my first love, I think it would be fabulous if SCS added a general gallery for TAC and CTMH. Demonstrators of direct selling stamp companies need all the help and support they can get and SCS does a super job of that.
Reply With Quote Likes