Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Stop Asking!

I love all the rules at this site and in life, too. I think the dangerous thing to do is make a decision or rule change----- then ask the thousands of women on here "what we think".

Personally, this site is a privilege and you should be able to make the "rules" as you see fit. Never, never ask a bunch of women what we think! Simply make the rules, post them....end of story!

Keep up the good work and Splitcoasters should just follow the rules....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I agree. If you are concerned -- ask the rest of your crew (Jenn, Beate, and the others) and see their reaction. You need to do what works for the site.

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Old 12-17-2005, 01:00 PM   #3
SCS Founder

you're right Debbie, to a point.

it *is* a delicate balance - deciding which issues to ask input on and which not. first of all, I try never to ask when I'm not willing to compromise. in other words, if I'm not willing to change my mind I wouldn't ask anyone's opinion. what would be the point, right? ask tracy, I'm stubborn :^)

but other things I feel like it's respecting the community to try and get everyone's opinion. on the signature issue, for instance. many, many people have signatures that are out of line with the new rules. it feels a bit heavy-handed to enforce new rules without taking input. perhaps someone has a better way to accomplish the same goal (cutting down the clutter, reducing the LOUD nature of some sigs), or maybe there's a good reason why we should allow *5* lines instead of just 4. I'm willing to compromise or adjust in this case if someone has a better way.

it all depends on the nature of the issue. some splitcoast-related decisions I don't consult anyone on, because I know there's nothing anyone's going to say that could change my mind. that doesn't always go over so well at home, but if I feel something's right I'm going to do it, regardless.

but like any other "business", we're nothing without you. if you're not comfortable and happy here, then there's no "here" here! in order to have community, members of that community need to feel some ownership. if we don't care what you think then whatta we got? nothin.

you're right about "danger", we found that out when I asked for input on the gallery issue back in october, right? but as Beate told me recently, I never seem to be opposed to a little chaos. and it's true. I want maximum freedom and minimum rules. common sense and the golden rule, that should cover us. except when it comes to blinky stuff and clutter. that I can't abide :^)

oh, and your sig's too long. heh.

Needs a sig

Last edited by splitcoaststampers; 12-17-2005 at 01:03 PM..
Old 12-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac

is my signature really too long?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #5
SCS Founder

shorten it! end of story!

:^)

Needs a sig
Old 12-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess

I prefer "self policing" to endless lists of rules, however, I realize that not everyone is able to police themselves.

I agree limiting the font is a good idea but would prefer to let sigs be longer than 4 lines for those who would like it for whatever reason. I also like seeing an occasional picture though I do agree that some sigs have gotten way out of hand. My style is to make suggestions first, rules second.

Regarding the "stop asking" comment... To not ask is not a good business decision. The SCS folks are doing the right thing to get the input of those who use the service because they care - and that's the right way to keep your "customers" happy.

Honestly though, I'm VERY suprised that I'm the oddball on this "rule" discussion.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac

I completely agree that they are trying to be fair (and succeed!) and asking is a good business decision.

I just think it is funny asking thousands of women what they "think". That is actually quite scary!