Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry, but...Why hog the gallery?

I was just wonder if it was just me...maybe I am crabby tonight... or do other members get frustrated when ONE MEMBER posts 50, 60, 70 100+ cards to the gallery all at once? The work is very nice, but when others are looking through the gallery and all you can see is what one person has posted it just feels like a little too much to me.

I get even more frustrated when I look to see what product or color the person uses and all that is written is their blogsite selling stuff. I don't want to be a downer or rude, but this just seems wrong to me. It makes me feel like I don't even want to check out the gallery, which is wrong, I like seeing other peoples work and giving positive feedback.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Diana. I haven't come across the problem of one person posting so many cards at one time, but I do sympathise with your comment about being referred to people's blogs for card details. I also like to be able to directly compare the card I am looking at with the materials used, and not have to go between sites.
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #3  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by dddddianaView Post
I was just wonder if it was just me...maybe I am crabby tonight... or do other members get frustrated when ONE MEMBER posts 50, 60, 70 100+ cards to the gallery all at once? The work is very nice, but when others are looking through the gallery and all you can see is what one person has posted it just feels like a little too much to me.

I get even more frustrated when I look to see what product or color the person uses and all that is written is their blogsite selling stuff. I don't want to be a downer or rude, but this just seems wrong to me. It makes me feel like I don't even want to check out the gallery, which is wrong, I like seeing other peoples work and giving positive feedback.
first- hi! I am in federal way!!

I know I uploaded a lot last night at once, only because my fan club membership is about to expire and I was behind- but it was NOT 50+ by any means!

I think that is more of a far and few between occurrence than a normal daily thing.
check back tomorrow and it's probably going to be back to itself!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Umm, ya... Maybe it's just the way I go through the gallery but you aren't alone in noticing it diana. Checked out a few numbers (must be the math nut in me)... In the last 24 hours, 25% of the uploads were made by one user. Another individual can be credited with almost 15% of Sunday's total uploads. Enough that I actually checked to make sure I was still in the main gallery and hadn't actually wound up in a member's gallery. It does happen fairly frequently - often enough since I joined this site that whenever SCS has had a user survey it has been one of the things I mention.

Perhaps I notice it more because in digiscrapping forums with galleries that I used to frequent (before becoming addicted to SCS), they called it flooding the gallery and it was not allowed. I always feel sorry for the poor person who unknowingly uploads one or two cards and gets caught in the middle of the "flood". Many galleries (digiscrapping, photos) have upload limits per day to prevent it from happening but SCS has no limits and I'm sure there would be an uproar if they tried to impose limits now. 10-20 uploads in a day - no biggie, more than that, I kind of have to agree with the OP. I don't let it bother me and just tend to skip over the mass uploads looking for the poor individual posts that are lost in the middle of it all. I've accepted that it's not likely to change and I've probably missed some great creations by skipping over the mass uploads. My loss. But I do scratch my head when some of the same people come back later with posts wondering why they don't get comments on their cards. Just my two cents worth.
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

"If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~Thumper~

(Reminder to self.)

Last edited by DancingRain; 08-26-2010 at 07:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #6  
clean and krafty

not defending the "one" person who uploaded a bit yesterday- but she hadn't uploaded since January- and I thought I was behind!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #7  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

She has beautiful artwork that she was kind enough to share with us.

She did not break any site rules at all, so it's my responsibility to make sure the gallery runs smoothly and is enjoyable and accessible, not hers.

You can be mad at me, not the member I thought it was all gorgeous.

We will talk about gallery flow and how to allow people to enjoy our unlimited uploads while preserving variety.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #8  
clean and krafty

Lydia- I thought it was all AMAZING as well... (plus I feel a LOT better about being not so behind on uploads!) I don't think anyone would/should/could be mad at you though- ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't notice all the uploads and I have to wonder how it is even possible? You can only do 5 or 6 at a time, does the person save them somewhere and then send them off together?

If that is how it is done, maybe don't allow the option to save, just upload the 5 or 6 and start over with the next few. At least while typing, someone else has a chance to hit send to her group.

Maybe I don't 'get' it at all and am on the wrong track! That has been known to happen before...
Reply With Quote Likes