Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-f405/)
-   -   adding a link? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-f405/adding-link-t246035.html)

LisaDRHC 05-03-2007 04:32 PM

adding a link?

I really did try to find it on my own! How do you add a link into your posts (i.e. a link to a gallery sample in a thread post). I will become computer literate, I will become computer literate, I will become...

Pianolady1026 05-03-2007 07:38 PM

I would like to know this too. Hope someone replies.

avonlea 05-03-2007 07:46 PM

I hope this helps!

If you just want to post a link in a Forum thread...
  • go to the page to which you want to link
  • copy the 'URL' address (from the address bar up at the very top)
  • paste it in your post

But, is that what you mean? Or do you want to know how to 'rename' a link and replace the long 'ugly' link with words? If so, there are some threads with instructions on how to do this.
Please tell us if this is or isn't what you meant. :)

krabearkub 05-03-2007 07:55 PM

Here you go! this thread has an answer to your questions:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?t=50263

krabearkub 05-03-2007 07:55 PM

someone beat me..... ;)

avonlea 05-03-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabearkub
Here you go! this thread has an answer to your questions:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ad.php?t=50263

Pfft! Shame on you! You didn't rename your link!
:twisted:
And you beat me to the other thread...so now we're tied! :p

deipara 05-05-2007 07:50 AM

Cannot link gallery photos in post

Adding on in here. Man, I seem to be running into no amount of trouble with these photos!

I want to link up to the Limited Supply Challenge thread that my cards were made for. The cards are uploaded, sitting pretty in my gallery and their category and I have tried since 6:15pm EDT to link them courtesy of the mod's instructions at the beginning of the thread.

I received a message after hitting Submit that I couldn't post a URL until after I had posted 3 or more times. I understood getting this message at this time, I had only "posted" - aka wrote - 2 times. I quickly added more posts around and tried again.

No dice.

I tried off and on over the course of the night, always receiving the same comment. Someone said that it had happened to her and that SCS suggested she clean out her cache. I had turned off my computer for the night, cleaned out the cache - and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong - like not allowing myself to post in some sort of code?

Help!!

LisaDRHC 05-05-2007 09:49 AM

Click Here for a special thank you.

LisaDRHC 05-05-2007 09:50 AM

Oh my gosh, it worked!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

krabearkub 05-05-2007 02:28 PM

there seems to be a few people that have trouble posting links even when they have 20 or so posts. Make sure that your three posts are in the forums and not comments in the gallery or they may not count.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deipara
Adding on in here. Man, I seem to be running into no amount of trouble with these photos!

I want to link up to the Limited Supply Challenge thread that my cards were made for. The cards are uploaded, sitting pretty in my gallery and their category and I have tried since 6:15pm EDT to link them courtesy of the mod's instructions at the beginning of the thread.

I received a message after hitting Submit that I couldn't post a URL until after I had posted 3 or more times. I understood getting this message at this time, I had only "posted" - aka wrote - 2 times. I quickly added more posts around and tried again.

No dice.

I tried off and on over the course of the night, always receiving the same comment. Someone said that it had happened to her and that SCS suggested she clean out her cache. I had turned off my computer for the night, cleaned out the cache - and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong - like not allowing myself to post in some sort of code?

Help!!

ClareyFairy 07-14-2007 12:35 AM

This is the problem I have been having too - it keeps saying that I need to have posted three times before I can add a link. I have made more than three posts, cleared my cache but it's still coming up with the same message. Has anyone got any other ideas of things I could try ?

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by deipara (Post 5675057)

No dice.

Help!!

krabearkub 07-14-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClareyFairy (Post 6501258)
This is the problem I have been having too - it keeps saying that I need to have posted three times before I can add a link. I have made more than three posts, cleared my cache but it's still coming up with the same message. Has anyone got any other ideas of things I could try ?

Thank you

it doesn't always recognize that you have three posts....not sure why???

The only thing I know of that will fix it is to boost your post count in the forums.

ClareyFairy 07-14-2007 04:51 AM

I'll get posting and see if it helps (this is the first one!)

Thank you

kynara 07-20-2007 04:54 PM

editing my swap

I'm having this problem with editing my swap. I have a couple of links to tutorials in my swap description and when I tried to edit it to add the players it's telling me "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 3 posts or more.". I tried taking out the links (the hyperlink to it) and it still give me that error. I really need to be able to edit my swap. What should I do?

Thanks,

krabearkub 07-21-2007 12:50 PM

Hi Kary,

I would PM one of the MODs in the Swap forum and ask them to edit the post and try to boost your post count higher.

Adria 07-31-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabearkub (Post 5678053)
there seems to be a few people that have trouble posting links even when they have 20 or so posts. Make sure that your three posts are in the forums and not comments in the gallery or they may not count.

I have no clue what any of you are talking about....why cant i do this???:confused:

Adria 07-31-2007 07:10 AM

OH, I think I know now....

HEY! I did IT!
check it out.

but cant do it to my signature (because of the "BB"?) and I want to do it in my descriptions in my galleries.

justampin 02-08-2008 06:14 AM

now lets see if it worked.

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/799424?cat=500&ppuser=14062"]my card[/URL]

justampin 02-08-2008 06:16 AM

Won't work now I don't have a clue!

sassyat30 02-08-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justampin (Post 8696363)
Won't work now I don't have a clue!

Heather, you did the process correctly, but when you go to add the URL in the hyperlink box, you have to delete the http:// that's already there.

If you check your link, it has two http:// ~ that's why it won't work. :)

justampin 02-08-2008 08:30 AM

Thanks Sara now I will try again.

justampin 02-08-2008 08:40 AM

my card

justampin 02-08-2008 08:41 AM

It worked. Now I will have to practice a bit more so it sinks in but it is pretty easy. Thanks Sara for sorting out my problem.

sassyat30 02-08-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justampin (Post 8698120)
It worked. Now I will have to practice a bit more so it sinks in but it is pretty easy. Thanks Sara for sorting out my problem.

You're welcome. :D