Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture uploaded has changed

i uploaded two cards yesterday (at different times). Down on the farm and MMTPT574 Little Cheryl the Mermaid. Both uploads were fine and comments were made. Today, both of the uploads show the picture of the Mermaid.

I edited the Down on the farm upload, and put the correct picture back in. This resulted in the same problem, only now both uploads showed the sheep cards. i edited both uploads again, but it appears that what ever change I make, effects both cards.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 11:05 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

If it helps with solving the problem, I initially uploaded the MMTPT mermaid card to the Hostess Staging gallery and the Down on the farm card to my Member gallery. This was all done on my iPad.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Hi Susie,

If you go to your gallery and hover your cursor over the thumbnail image of any of your uploads, you should see a little box pop up with the filename of that upload. I think the problem is that your two most recent cards have the same filename, "image", which is a default filename often given to iPad photos. The SCS gallery software adds the date to the beginning of each upload and adds the person's username to the end of each upload, but since your two cards were both uploaded on the same date, that still kept the filenames the same.

If you're able to change the filename of either one of your cards on your device (let's say the farm card because right now it's showing two mermaids), and then edit the farm upload and attach the photo of the renamed farm card, that should solve the problem. Sometimes it takes the gallery software a little while to process the edits, so don't be alarmed if it takes 30 minutes or so for the changes to show.

I hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thanks for this info Patricia. My iPad will not allow me to name photos, it defaults to "image". I am home now and back at my desk top computer, where the photos were originally stored.

I reloaded the farm card photo directly from my desktop, waited a good hour and sadly the mermaid card also change to the farm card. I then edited both uploads using my desktop and no matter what I do, the last edit I make effects both cards.

Hopefully there is a solution and this issue is addressed by the technicians soon. Can you imagine what DTGD is going to look like for ladies who upload via devices.

Last edited by susie australia; 07-26-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

If you retake the farm card picture, the date should change in the name. That may solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #6  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I'm not sure, Carla, because the date the gallery software is reading is the timestamp of the upload date, not the date the photo was actually taken, and editing an existing upload won't change that. In the past when this was occurring frequently (I've come across it twice last week, for the first time in a long time, odd...), I often tried to help resolve it by editing one of the images. But sometimes it seemed as if the only thing that worked was actually deleting and starting again :-(, which is a shame when it means losing comments and people have favourited the upload.
Susie - did you try renaming one of the images on your PC? I see that they're still both showing as called image. That might help, though in my experience it didn't always. Sometimes I'd download an image, rename it and then edit the upload for someone. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covington CrafterView Post
If you retake the farm card picture, the date should change in the name. That may solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for the explanation, Sabrina. Susie is right, if this continues it will be a major headache for anyone uploading DTGD cards on an iPad!! This could discourage participation for the challenge and site participation.

Apple does have a Files Utility app. Unfortunately, it requires IOS 11.0 or later. Those of us with older iPads aren't able to use it. There are other File manager apps for older Apple devices. Lots of research needed to determine what is most effective and guards your privacy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #8  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Yeah - known issue with apple devices, unfortunately. You could try renaming them with another app - not sure if PicMonkey lets you do that.

It's Apple's issue, not the gallery. There are tons of threads on this in their support forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #9  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation, Sabrina. Susie is right, if this continues it will be a major headache for anyone uploading DTGD cards on an iPad!! This could discourage participation for the challenge and site participation....

It's been a problem for at least six years, so I think most people who have had it happen once figure out a workaround one they understand the root of the problem. As Lydia said, it is an iOs problem...it's always been flagged that people should give their files a unique name for uploading to the gallery here. I think it only started being an issue when Apple changed something. I'm not an Apple user, but I think prior to that, photos weren't all just called "image". I hadn't seen anybody having problems with it recently till just this week when it's cropped up twice. I can't even remember the last time I had to send anyone the explanation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The constant updating to new devices and then lack of support for the older ones is really frustrating. It's that constant pressure to buy a new one even when the old one works just fine!! Thanks for the extra information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Thanks for all the input. I'm more confused than ever LOL. Initially I took the photos with my camera and saved them (with different file names) to my desktop computer. I then emailed the images to my IPad so I could upload them while I was away.

I understand that you are saying this is an Apple issue, however now that I am back home I have attempted to reload the photos directly from my desktop, where both images have different names. The problem still persists.

If this is going to be an ongoing issue, events like DTGD, Falliday and VSN will be a disaster:(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Quote:

The constant updating to new devices and then lack of support for the older ones is really frustrating. It's that constant pressure to buy a new one even when the old one works just fine!! Thanks for the extra information.
I totally agree! I'm still using XP on my PC! If it aint broke, don't fix it! I'll use it till I can't!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #13  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

So is DH, but he can't back up the motorcycle association accounts from it anymore. You should see the palaver, copying them to a thumb-drive and then using my PC to back them up to DropBox with. Meaning he doesn't do it as often as he should .

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I totally agree! I'm still using XP on my PC! If it aint broke, don't fix it! I'll use it till I can't!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Thanks Sabrina! You taught me a new word today. I have never heard the word palaver so I looked it up!
Reply With Quote Likes