Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2004, 02:41 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old 'New Topic"

:? I couldn't find my old post relating to a special gallery for retired sets, so here I go again! I uploaded a card using Cottage Rose and there is no category for it. I put cards like this in my Member Gallery, but they don't get viewed again after they are moved out of Latest Additions unless someone goes into my gallery. :( I still think it would be nice to have a separate section for them; that way you wouldn't have to add a category for a set that only has a few examples. I know I would like to see what others are doing with the older sets.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2004, 09:09 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retired section

Hi! I'm new around here, but I like that idea also. Although I'm a demonstrator by title, I am a stamper by heart! I buy stuff because I like it, not whether it's retired or MAY be retired. So, I have a LOT of retired sets that I just can't part with and I'm running out of ideas. Judging by the retiring list, I will have MANY more sets that will soon become retired. It seems a "retired stamp" gallery may indeed do the trick!

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daven, please chime in here if I am incorrect. . .

Starting tomorrow, when I have a little more me time, Retired sets will be marked with the name of the set, and the (Retired - Year) after the name of the set. So when you are browsing through the gallery, you will see, as you do now on some retired sets,

Wreath of Roses (Retired - 2004)

That way, it is easy to browse through the categories by stamp name, rather than going through a massive amount of non-categorized cards in the "Retired" category. It is not so easy to move stuff as you'd imagine, especially on a site as busy as this one has become. But that's not your concern.

So, you will see lists of stamps as you see them now, and Current will be included alongside Retired. If you see any retired sets from previous years, let me know at [email protected]. I'll be working on the current retirement list first, and then do previous ones.

As for the Retired Cottage Rose stamp set, and any other SU! set that does not yet have its own category. . . just be patient. We're working hard to make this the best resource for stampers everywhere! In the past several weeks we've added several categories in the gallery that have no cards in them at all, and there are still several cards just put into their parent directory. If there is no category for the card - upload it to the corresponding parent directory. We'll get around to it!

Have a happy day,
Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #4  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

yeah, what Jenn said

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2004, 01:41 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I'll be patient. It sounds like you have it all under control, as if there were any doubt!
Reply With Quote Likes