Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No comment notification from my gallery? Help!!!

Daven or Jenn - HELP PLEASE!!!

It's after midnight so if my question is dumb or if I've missed something obvious please forgive me, but I'm freaking out because I just discovered that almost all of my gallery stuff (except the very most recently added) has the e-mail notification turned OFF! I always upload with it turned on and I know it was on because I got notification previously to comments posted. Does it expire at some point or what happened?

I discovered this after I posted a gallery challenge today to comment on older cards. A gal PMed me and mentioned that she had commented on a card in my gallery. I had no e-mail so I went looking. OMG!!! I found comments on tons of stuff I had never seen - going back well over a month. I sorted by last comment - just learned that feature - and went through the first 3 or 4 pages of my gallery turning the notification back on one by one. Is there an easier way?

I'm sorry to be so pathetic - like I live for comments or something - but I really do love them and each one brings me such a smile! Plus i found some where people were asking me questions. they must think I'm so rude for not responding.

I'm rambling...did I mention that it's really late????????????????????????

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 11:52 PM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hmm, that's a new one. I don't know of a way, other than one-by-one as you did them, to turn those notifications on. we've had some problems with notifications in general, don't know if this is related but I'll keep it in mind.

this is the kind of thing that I'd want to hear from other people too, that might be experiencing the same thing. anyone?

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 04:22 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here :(

I got a PM saying they responded to one of my cards. I went to my profile and had NO photo notifications which I *know* for sure was changed because I had all of mine set for notifications.

I too went back to see when this approx happened and it looks to be like the first week of July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 05:22 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
hmm, that's a new one. I don't know of a way, other than one-by-one as you did them, to turn those notifications on. we've had some problems with notifications in general, don't know if this is related but I'll keep it in mind.

this is the kind of thing that I'd want to hear from other people too, that might be experiencing the same thing. anyone?
Related issue: Check out Elaine (happy heart)'s issue with turning notifications *off* - she has NOTHING turned on, and is getting notifications. I even logged in with her id, and verified. . . .and nothing. Weird stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 08:33 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It's hard to say when they all got turned off, but seems like it was sometime in June.

There MUST be more people with this problem - just unaware? People????

Not sure if this is in any way related, but - on the "Have You Ever Noticed" thread I will sometimes get a whole bunch of e-mail (like more than 10) on it in a day when I haven't been on-line. Most threads just notify one time until I check in, but there are a few random threads that will notify me almost every time someone posts. But that's ok - I'd rather get more than none.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went and checked my gallery, too and all of my email notifications were turned off as well, even though I always upload with it turned on. I know I had to turn them back on after the forum change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question...I have been getting my pm's ever since I had to redo them all...but my questions is...I can't find the list of them anymore. Did that feature go away? You use to go into your CPU (I think) and find a list of what cards you wanted responses from. Does anyone understand my question? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes