Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default internet explorer issue on SCS site

My internet explorer 8 keeps shutting down when I go on this site. It says something from this site is trying to incorrectly use memory and may be infected. This is the only site that I have problems with and haven't been able to fix with my virus software. Has anyone else had similar issues?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #2  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

hmm, I'm not sure why you'd be getting this error. is your virus software completely up to date?

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Yesterday and today, I keep getting a sound like a radio advertisement when I am on certain pages. Yesterday, my computer wouldn't respond at times and only while I'm on Splitcoaststampers, so I had to close out. Some of the advertisements aren't the usual I see- they are not related to stamping and scrapbooking. Recently, I did an update and virus scan. Nothing came up. I am giving another try now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

My virus software is up to date and good til 2011. It updates several times a day and scans daily. I manually updated and scanned several times just in case. Just did another one and had a clean scan: no virus, spyware, malware, grayware. I even made sure all the microsoft stuff is updated. I've never gotten popups before until I started going on to splitcoast. My blocker is even on. Like TTurtle I've been getting stuff that doesn't seem related but yet it has the splitcoast header on the popups. Don't know what to do at this point either. Maybe take to a tech. Thanks for the updates on your own issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #5  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbgaloneView Post
My virus software is up to date and good til 2011. It updates several times a day and scans daily. I manually updated and scanned several times just in case. Just did another one and had a clean scan: no virus, spyware, malware, grayware. I even made sure all the microsoft stuff is updated. I've never gotten popups before until I started going on to splitcoast. My blocker is even on. Like TTurtle I've been getting stuff that doesn't seem related but yet it has the splitcoast header on the popups. Don't know what to do at this point either. Maybe take to a tech. Thanks for the updates on your own issues.
hmm, could you take a screen cap of the error message so that we can see what you're seeing?

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tturtleView Post
Yesterday and today, I keep getting a sound like a radio advertisement when I am on certain pages. Yesterday, my computer wouldn't respond at times and only while I'm on Splitcoaststampers, so I had to close out. Some of the advertisements aren't the usual I see- they are not related to stamping and scrapbooking. Recently, I did an update and virus scan. Nothing came up. I am giving another try now.

This is exactly the issue I am having! Dh tried to help, and couldn't fix the issue, either. How do we do a screen capture???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

You can do a screen capture by having the screen showing your error message, then press the Print Scrn button on your keyboard. (Probably in the top row of keys). I use GIMP for mine, because it will create a file from clipboard contents, but you can just open your regular word-processing program or graphics program and then use the Paste function - and you should have a picture of your screen pasted into whatever blank document you had open.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I too have been having these issues. I have a voice talking and saying You won, you won!! My anti-virus program is also telling me I have treats when I'm on SCS.

kayro
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

my laptop computer is telling me that the security certificate of this website is not up to date and do I still want to trust it. Well yes I do...but is there really a problem with Splitcoast's security certificate? I am not getting the message on my main computer

Loobylou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
You can do a screen capture by having the screen showing your error message, then press the Print Scrn button on your keyboard. (Probably in the top row of keys). I use GIMP for mine, because it will create a file from clipboard contents, but you can just open your regular word-processing program or graphics program and then use the Paste function - and you should have a picture of your screen pasted into whatever blank document you had open.
Sabrina, thank you so much for posting these instructions I've had occasion where I wanted/needed to do that and didn't know how. I captured your message and printed it out for my records and it worked perfectly! I learn so much on SCS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I am also encountering the same problem. Waiting for an answer to how to fix this.
Reply With Quote Likes