Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2007, 03:32 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default demo side vs. regular side

Ok, as of this morning, I have 2 rude PMs because I posted a comment on the demo side and wasn't a demo as of 2/01/07. (Yes, I was honest and did let the mods know back then.) I understand having a demo only side, but I don't think that demos should be able to post BST, etc on both their side and the regular side. Also, why not keep the two completely separate--demos only have access to their side and we only have access to our side? I thought this way long before I resigned--demos shouldn't have it both ways...it's just not fair.
Does anyone else feel the same way? Don't flame me please.......

My motto for life: "Less is More"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polyshrink Goddess

sorry your feelings were hurt, but I totally see why there is a demo only side - and do think that the demos should be 'allowed' on the customer side.

It sounds like you just want the customer side only to be able to 'stick it' to the demonstrators who have obviously offended you. I don't see the logic in it for any other reason??
Crimping Master

You should forward the PMs to a moderator so that they're aware of it.

That being said, I think that this place would lose a lot if demos only posted on the demo side. Should all of their gallery contributions only be restricted to demos too? That would only be fair if one follows your logic through to all of the ramifications.

I agree with you on the demo BST and I believe that there actually is a sticky on the demo BST asking that we list items on either one side or the other but not both at the same time. I could be wrong though.

I'm sorry you're no longer a demo but the moderator team has asked us to be honest and resign from the demo side voluntarily when we are no longer demos. To continue to post on the demo side IMO goes against the spirit of honesty and accountability to which they hold us.

JMO,
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndie
Ok, as of this morning, I have 2 rude PMs because I posted a comment on the demo side and wasn't a demo as of 2/01/07. (Yes, I was honest and did let the mods know back then.) I understand having a demo only side, but I don't think that demos should be able to post BST, etc on both their side and the regular side. Also, why not keep the two completely separate--demos only have access to their side and we only have access to our side? I thought this way long before I resigned--demos shouldn't have it both ways...it's just not fair.
Hi Lyndie-I edited your post with a reminder to NOT send PMs to folks and as I told you last night I am sorry if you got any PMs that were in appropriate-feel free to forward them to me if you wish.

The demo bst and regular bst are supposed to not have crossover posts, and as Kelly said ^ it is in a sticky. But since the only way to stop them all is to manually go through and check each one it is not something done everyday, but it does get doen when we can.

Not sure what you mean by demos having only access to one side-the SU side is supposed to be business related and we work hard tokeep "general" posts on the general side and focus more on business related posts. The forums are set up completely differently so we would never keep demos to only one area. The demo side is a bonus so to speakand not meant to replace the main cintent of the site.

Gallery Gazer

The site was started by an SU demo for her downline. The demo side is suppose to be for business related issues that don't really concern someone who doesn't have an SU business.

If you look at the way the topics are set up, it doesn't make sense to keep Demos out of things like Family Matters, TV chat, and CE if they have an interest in those things.

No excuse for people being rude to you, if they had an issue they should have brought it up to a mod.
Polyshrink Goddess

Hmmmmmm....anyone out there who's not a demo want to respond to this??
As I said previously, I totally agree that the demo part should be restricted to only demos. YES, I did tell the mods in February that I was no longer a demo. (At least, I was honest--how many people are able to access it who are no longer demos?? I'll bet we'd be surprised!!)
As for the demos who got their "panties in a wad" last night after I posted a comment and notified the mods....get a life. :rolleyes:
FYI--yes, I still love SCS and SU.....

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

As for the demos who got their "panties in a wad" last night after I posted a comment and notified the mods....get a life. :rolleyes:
Sorry you had your feelings hurt, Lyndie, but there's no excuse for rudeness on anyone's part, including yours. It keeps people from having a productive discussion.
Polyshrink Goddess

What I think is ironic is that the people who seem to be upset with my posts are demos....:rolleyes:

Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo
The site was started by an SU demo for her downline.
Hmmmm...interesting. My BIL is a webmaster. He's always looking for new things to create--perhaps another stamping website could be created..:confused:

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hmmmm...interesting. My BIL is a webmaster. He's always looking for new things to create--perhaps another stamping website could be created..:confused:
Absolutely!
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not sure what has happened but I dont understand why you would want to seperate Demos and customers completley. We both have something to learn from each other.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

http://ink-stains.com/forum/index.php:mrgreen:
Die Cut Diva

Default I'm confused...

Quote:

I am not a demo..but here's the first thought that went through my mind when I read your comment about posting on the demo side....if you aren't a demo why were you posting there in the first place? It does not in anyway excuse people being rude to you...but I guess I thought of lots of examples of where people wouldn't do something (like wander over to the demo side) just because they still could (because the access wasn't officially retracted). KWIM?
Kookie Creator

What I think is ironic is that the people who seem to be upset with my posts are demos....

I think that might be because it was posted on the demo side. Non-domos didn't see it. That said I'm sorry you received PM's about it.
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropper
I am not sure what has happened but I dont understand why you would want to seperate Demos and customers completley. We both have something to learn from each other.
Well separating the two won't happen--I've learned that from the replies I've gotten so far. I just wish I knew what the demos (who got upset last night when I posted a comment on the demo side) are so afraid of....:rolleyes:

Stazon Splitcoast

It is not that demos are afraid but when you have a "business" it is always nice to brainstorm with others in the same situation before presenting it to your customers. I have been a member of this site for a long time and just recently became a demo. I love that I can go to the demo side and ask questions about my "business" and get good sound advice. Like Britta said the demo side is about Business.

It is just the same as SU having a demo side and a customer side....Customers should not have access to the demo side. It is to help Demos build their Businesses.

Again I dont know what happened but there is no reason for ugliness from anyone.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lyndie, first off, if you'd like, please forward the PMs that you received, and we will take care of things. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that.

Britta responded well above regarding the question of demos posting to BST as well as Demo BST, so I won't add more there. I would like to respond to this, though:

Quote:

why not keep the two completely separate--demos only have access to their side and we only have access to our side?
The Demo only areas are really only a part of our site. If you're not a member of the demo group, what are you missing? The forums for su! demos and a gallery set up for demos. That's it. This is true also of the other usergroups we have on the site. Stamp out Fat, RAK, Secret Siblings, Flybabies. . . all of these groups have forums and galleries of their own, and if you're not a member, you don't see them!

The great majority of splitcoast stuff is meant for EVERYONE who loves stamping and papercrafting. We welcome all kinds! As our gallery evolves (and I can't wait to see this, personally!), you'll see that reflected in the changes we hope to make. It all takes time, and it's being worked on to be sure.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our group set up. We like to hear what our members think and certainly take that into account as we continue to change to make our community better.

Also, in the future, if you'd like to leave a group here on splitcoast, you can go here:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
and then click "leave group" . . . that will take you out of the group immediately.
Gallery Gazer

Lyndie...I honestly don't think that anyone is *afraid* of anything. This all comes down to the fact that you were not to post on that side. period. The Demo side is there for Demos only..and you knew that.

I am sorry that your feelings have been hurt, but you must admit that none of this would have happened if you had not posted on the Demo side, no?

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Gallery Gazer

Sorry, Jenn...we posted at the same time...lol

Polyshrink Goddess

;) Can you post what they sent you so we know the whole story?
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by annburke
I'd rather not. I've blocked the offenders who Pmed me, and for whoever got upset last night--everything in life comes full circle. What comes around, goes around too.

Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownee
Lyndie...I honestly don't think that anyone is *afraid* of anything. This all comes down to the fact that you were not to post on that side. period. The Demo side is there for Demos only..and you knew that.

I am sorry that your feelings have been hurt, but you must admit that none of this would have happened if you had not posted on the Demo side, no?
yes that is true, but be honest--there are a lot of non-demos on the demo side that should be removed. I'm not the only offender here...
Yes, the people who pmed me are obviously afraid of something--why else would they have rushed to PM a mod??!!:rolleyes: I'll be careful who I deal with, from now on, I can promise you.

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annburke
That's probably not such a good idea. PMs are just that -- Private. IMO, it would be rude and only be stooping to the level of those who sent the flames in the first place to air them for all to see. Obviously they went against the TOS in some way, or the mods wouldn't have to be involved, and so it wouldn't be appropriate to post the content here in the forum.

Lyndie, I'm sorry you were flamed. However, I can't think of any reason to justify using the demo forum when you are not a demo anymore. Why post there just to stir the pot? :confused:

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Gallery Gazer

I think the people who *rushed* to PM us last night were just helping. We can't be everywhere all the time. If people know about folks still posting on the Demo side, then hey..please let us know and we will check it out. We simply cannot go through everyone who says they're a Demo or still a Demo and verify. There are thousands of people on here, ya know? Sure, there are probably others who need to be weeded out, but how would we know unless someone told us??

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

yes that is true, but be honest--there are a lot of non-demos on the demo side that should be removed. I'm not the only offender here...
Yes, the people who pmed me are obviously afraid of something--why else would they have rushed to PM a mod??!!:rolleyes: I'll be careful who I deal with, from now on, I can promise you.
I never saw any of the posts in question, but I will admit that as the oldest of four I'm really big on fairness and everyone following the rules. IMO, that's the only way to keep this wonderful stamping community as the appealing place it is.

I want to sympathize with you, really I do, but as this argument goes on and on I can't help but see just a smidge of the "rules were made to be bent" attitude that caused a big fuss all over this site (not just in the demo section) a year or so ago and led to a member being banned from the site. Why are you so offended that someone took issue with your doing something you weren't supposed to? I truly don't understand that.

Something tells me this thread is going to be locked by dinnertime.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Sorry your feelings were hurt, but I am of the mindset that we all need to be less offended in our world. What happened to forgiveness? Some of that could go a long way on both sides. Of course, I don't know the whole story, but that is my two cents worth.

P.S. I love this site!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lyndie said that she notified mods to be removed when she was no longer a demonstrator, and somewhere, the ball got dropped and she was not removed from the group.

We shouldn't be chastising her for posting in a forum she had access to, no matter WHAT the circumstances.

We have asked Lyndie to forward the private messages to us so that we can handle the situation. We will do so privately.

In the future, if you're not a demo, please remove yourself from the group using your UserGroup control panel.

If you believe a person is no longer a demonstrator, send a message to one of the demo group mods (listed at the bottom of the forum for demonstrators), and we will take care of it. There's no need to send flaming private messages to members, ever.

I am closing this thread. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me personally via private message.