Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #1  
Sassy Sarcastic Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deleting account

Hi gang,

Is there a way to totally erase a user account?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation

Hello There! I was wondering if you ever got an answer to this question? I am on the same boat and can NOT find help to do this ANYWHERE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No, there is not a way for you to do it...maybe 'they' can but you cannot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Who are "they"? That is pretty silly isn't it? We should be able to not only Open and account but we should be able to close it whenever we want to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"they" are the site keepers! lol Sounds so outer space huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry I missed this message.

We don't delete user accounts. . . if you'd like to let your account go inactive, just don't login. I'd remove any personal information (your signature, profile and/or avatar picture, website links, location) and then set your profile to not get emails or private messages anymore.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to [email protected].
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #7  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

also if you've had a bad experience here or other causes for *wanting* to delete your account I'd sure like to hear about it. please email me personally, I don't mind complaints in the slightest because they help us make things better for everybody.

send me a note: daven at splitcoaststampers.com

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I don't really have any complaints, well, kind of. This whole thing started b/c I wanted my user name changed! I was very un-happy with the one I had and I wanted it change! it was that simple! But . . . they refused to changed it, they said they would ONLY change it if I had use my real name, that's all! So . . . . what was I supposed to do? Stay and be UN HAPPY?? so what I did instead, was open a new account with the user name I really wanted! I have alert everyone already of the change and of course everyone is OK with it! So now there is no need for two accounts so I just want to let this one go! That is my story! If "they" would have been a little bit more coo-perative and understanding in the first place, I wouldn't have to do this! Really it is A LOT of work, having to start all over again!

Thank you for listening! I hope in the future they make these things much easier to work with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #9  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by truenorth_of_52View Post
I don't really have any complaints, well, kind of. This whole thing started b/c I wanted my user name changed! I was very un-happy with the one I had and I wanted it change! it was that simple! But . . . they refused to changed it, they said they would ONLY change it if I had use my real name, that's all! So . . . . what was I supposed to do? Stay and be UN HAPPY?? so what I did instead, was open a new account with the user name I really wanted! I have alert everyone already of the change and of course everyone is OK with it! So now there is no need for two accounts so I just want to let this one go! That is my story! If "they" would have been a little bit more coo-perative and understanding in the first place, I wouldn't have to do this! Really it is A LOT of work, having to start all over again!

Thank you for listening! I hope in the future they make these things much easier to work with!
"They" do listen- I am thinking there is a reason for the "rule" of allowing your user name to only be changed to your real name, just as there is a reason for ALL of the rules they have in place.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #10  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by truenorth_of_52View Post

"they" is "we" in this case, we're a small family around here

the rule about usernames is one of the few 'no exceptions' policies we have (and yes, there's been a few exceptions), and let me explain why we have it.

in a community like ours, your name is your identity. you live with that identity and reputation, good or bad. we used to get requests from people with poor reputations (bogued on swaps, caused trouble in the forums, etc) to change their usernames. well, 'resetting' your identity wouldn't quite be fair and wouldn't lend itself to a healthy community if people could just become someone else when they wished to.

at one time we did these by request, but it became necessary to have a consistent no-exceptions policy. too many complaints about "you changed so-and-so but you won't change me??" and making these judgments fairly just becomes impossible. so now, we recognize that people will occasionally use their full names when registering and we will change those on request. but otherwise we have to politely say no and hope that people understand.

we do our best to treat everyone as an individual, I hope this gives you a better explanation of why the policy exists

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I too would love to delete my whole account but is there any way to just delete your whole gallery?? My biggest problem is that I have all these old projects from my old blog which is no longer there and those mostly have the url for the directions in the photo description leading to my old blog which now redirects to my main ministry site.

I'm getting so many people coming into my site from SC and basically getting mad that they were redirected or that I no longer have the directions for them. Most of the emails go unanswered anyway but I know it's so irritating when you go to a link expecting directions for a project and they are no longer there. But anyways unless I can delete the gallery or delete the whole account, people will just have to continue to get mad about it I guess unless someone can help me with this.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #12  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

No problem Julia - we'll remove those links for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
No problem Julia - we'll remove those links for you

Thanks Lydia. It's all the gallery posts from June 24 and back all leading to the url-- http://www.juiabettencourt.com/blog/

It's not in the signature but in the "photo details" and there's more than 60 of them you'll need to go into so it seems if someone has time to do that, then it would be easier just to click and delte my whole account. That makes more sense to me, but if someone want to take the time to do it, then it's fine with me.
Reply With Quote Likes