Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DD-- explanation

Can you please explain the process for how a stamper gets picked for the Dirty Dozen design team?? There are several members here at SCS, that I am wondering why they have not been picked.
I would love to know if there is a vote or something.
thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Susan!
I hope this post helps. It's copied and pasted from the Fan Club Forum:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
More miscellaneous information that has been asked about!

How are Dirty Dozen Designers Selected?

There are actually many factors that go into the selection process. But, here are a few . . .

The team keeps their eyes peeled, and when we stumble across something that particularly catches our eye, we explore further. Some things the team looks for:
  • We like to see enough work to gather somewhat of an idea of what an individual's style is
  • Scope & range--does the artist have a broad range/balance of artwork featuring well executed simple designs (that everybody feels eager to try), as well as more complex techniques (challenge more advanced stampers), and do they show diversity in layout, color schemes, etc.
  • Ability to paradigm shift (think outside the box, try the unusual or new)
  • And, probably to a great extent, do their creations consistently evoke a response of delight and amazement (or response, as I like to call it! ;) ) --from viewers.

It's an increasingly complex and difficult process, because there are SO many talented artists out there!

From there, the team puts the names onto a list and a Top Secret invitation is issued to an artist by the Coordinator. We like to keep their identity a secret, because it's a fun surprise and who doesn't like one of those?! ;) Hopefully, they accept!

On occasion, an invited artist must regretfully decine the invitation because they have other commitments that would not permit them the time to dedicate to it.

Incoming designers are asked to volunteer for a 6 month rotation, but some have served longer, to help keep the rotation schedule on an even keel when needed. Why 6 month stints? Well, one very important reason is to avoid burnout! Designing on a regular monthly basis, by a deadline, is an exhausting pace, especially when trying to produce consistently fresh, innovative, beautiful artwork. It is also a big commitment of time. The Dirty Dozen volunteer their time, resources, and talent every single month. Some of the designers work full-time, and in addition to that, are also SU! demonstrators.

Also important, the 6 month stint enables the gallery to continue to showcase more of the very talented artists here at SCS. Having a rotation helps keep the gallery changing, evolving, and growing.

WHO CHOOSES THE TOPICS?

Generally speaking, the Coordinator throws out a list of possible topics. The list is always open to suggestions, modifications, by the Team, and there is discussion and debate. If, in the end, we do not think a particular theme is a good one, we drop it and find another. If there are some drawbacks or problems with one (or it's mediocre, etc.) we work together to tweak it and make it a GREAT one! In any case, even tho many of the topics are selected and scheduled 6 months in advance, the themes are never carved in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks It is just disappointing to see someone get passed over month after month, that you feel deserves it :( there is always next month I still have hope
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Susan, feel free to send your suggestions to Julie. She may not respond, but she'll certainly take your suggestions into account.
Reply With Quote Likes