Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2005, 05:36 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Card Uploaded, but not in gallery??

Okay.....Jenn & Daven.....I'm sure I am causing you plenty of headaches, and I'm sorry (I'm definitely NOT computer literate). Anyway, I have finally been able to upload a card and it went to the second screen where you list your items used, technique, etc., and I was so excited because it went thru the entire process. However.....I never got a notice stating it was in the gallery and when I go to my gallery, it's not even there pending or anything!!! What happened??
Also, I wanted to change the pixel size as Daven suggested, but I have no clue how to do this. I don't see anything on the program I use that will allow me to do this (I use Presto PageManager).
HELP?!?
Leeci

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeciW
Okay.....Jenn & Daven.....I'm sure I am causing you plenty of headaches, and I'm sorry (I'm definitely NOT computer literate). Anyway, I have finally been able to upload a card and it went to the second screen where you list your items used, technique, etc., and I was so excited because it went thru the entire process. However.....I never got a notice stating it was in the gallery and when I go to my gallery, it's not even there pending or anything!!! What happened??
Also, I wanted to change the pixel size as Daven suggested, but I have no clue how to do this. I don't see anything on the program I use that will allow me to do this (I use Presto PageManager).
HELP?!?
Leeci
No headaches, Leeci! I went to check your gallery, and you do have a few things in there. It looks like you had uploaded two cards a few times, and removed duplicates, maybe? The thumbnails were missing, so I removed them completely.

I think that if you rename your file to setname1_leeciw.jpg rather than just the name of the set, you'll have better "staying power" in the gallery. We do a scan for duplicate images pretty often, and remove anything that is in the gallery more than once. The computer doesn't know that your balmy breezes and my balmy breezes are not the same card - so it will remove the most recently uploaded, and leave the older one. KWIM?

Try to rename and re-upload, and let's see what happens. Once you re-upload, and click the button at the bottom of the second page, you should get a box on the screen that lets you know your image has been successfully uploaded, and is pending approval. Once it is approved, you'll receive an email to let you know it is now visible. Try one now, if you can.

As far as the resize - do you have a mac or a pc?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Jenn. I will try to upload one now. And, I have a DELL pc.
I truly hope that I am not a being a pain to you (and Daven). I know you said I'm not, but I feel like I am. It's just that I LOVE this site so much and want to be a "part of it" with putting my cards on it and everything! So...I will go try. Let you know what happens.
Leeci

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Question

Jenn....it went through the entire process....BUT....it did not use the picture I chose....it pulled a different picture from my PageManager. I went back to my PageManager program, and everything in it is correct, so I'm not sure why it did this!! Can you delete that one too? I will try again. ?????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Okay....I tried again, but now when it goes thru the process of looking like it is uploading, it goes to a screen that says "no more pictures found.". It will not upload the one I chose.

Reply With Quote Likes