Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Card post switcheroo

I noticed today that somehow, my "quilt and buttons valentine" from Feb. 8, 2013, picture was replaced by a post picture from 2009 called "Pasta Your Birthday" and the write up from that birthday card disappeared! :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I'd you're uploading from an iPad or an iPhone your photos have the same name and that's what's causing the problem. You will need to delete them, give them unique file names on your computer and then upload them. Sorry about that - it's an Apple quirk.
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Susie, I'm hoping that was just a temporary glitch because I'm seeing both your quilt & buttons card and your pasta birthday card just fine. Are you still having that problem?

I remember when you uploaded that one, we gallery mods were wondering which SU stamp set was used on it because none of us recognized it. We were guessing it's the sentiment stamp. Can you please help us out with that detail so we can categorize your card with that stamp set?

As for what Lydia was saying about the Apple products giving all the files the same name - we discussed this in a thread you started earlier this month, with your "love you a ton" elephant card. I'm still seeing the same photo for the two cards you uploaded that day. (For your reference, that thread is here: Problem with photo upload by susie718 at Splitcoaststampers) If I knew a way to change the name Apple gives your photos, I'd tell you. I'm sorry that I can't help you with that.
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for your replies. When I go to my gallery, I see the picture of the pasta card where the quilt one should be. However, when I click on the pasta picture, it brings me to the quilt Valentine.
I do remember the reply about renaming photos. I went to do that on my computer, and I found that my iPad photos are no longer going automatically to my computer, so I have to get that straightened out with Apple. So I've made sure to only upload one image per day and haven't had any problems with that until today when the 2009 pasta card picture suddenly replaced the Valentine from Wed. That's also why I haven't been able to straighten out the "love you a ton" valentine mixed with the "world" valentine yet. I didn't own an iPad in 2009, by the way.
As to the sentiment on the quilt card, I apologize because I did credit that stamp incorrectly. It's actually from Impression Obsessions, so I am sorry about that mixup.
I will try to contact Apple and get my iPad pix to show up on my computer so that I can give the pix different names. Then I will also correct the stamp credit on the quilt valentine.
Thanks for your patience. I am one of those "technology-challenged" people who didn't grow up with computers and so don't have a knack for fixing challenges when they arise!
Susie
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, 10 minutes later, my quilt card is showing up in my gallery again! My pasta card has disappeared, but that's ok. I don't know why it's back, but I'm glad that part of my gallery is straightened out. :-)