Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Thumbnail help (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/thumbnail-help-405436/)

Lisa Loiselle 12-20-2008 08:57 AM

Thumbnail help

Can someone please walk me through how to add a thumbnail to a post? I want to add something that's not in my gallery. Thanks so much!

Disneywed 12-20-2008 09:54 AM

when you hit reply or start a thread, there is a box below the dialog box that says manage attachments. Click that and it will guide you from there similar to adding something to your gallery.

momis mama 12-20-2008 10:06 AM

just testing...

but i don't see anything here!

nope didn't work!

momis mama 12-20-2008 10:08 AM

don't mean to hi-jack but trying again...

momis mama 12-20-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama (Post 12431792)
don't mean to hi-jack but trying again...

nope! didn't work again.

i give up...

i am just an old dog! and i don't learn new tricks very well.

kphorse 12-20-2008 12:09 PM

I got that part, how do you attach it to your post!

Lisa Loiselle 12-20-2008 12:18 PM

Okay, this is me tryin'

Did it work??

Lisa Loiselle 12-20-2008 12:18 PM

Obviously not.

Lisa Loiselle 12-20-2008 12:20 PM

How 'bout now?

1 Attachment(s)
Did it work this time? Huh? Huh?

Lisa Loiselle 12-20-2008 12:21 PM

Oh joy! Oh rapture! It was totally easy too. For those of you having trouble, don't forget to hit "upload". That was my mistake the first time.

kphorse 12-20-2008 12:30 PM

I did, but it did not attach it to my post?

kphorse 12-20-2008 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
is it here.................OH YEA, it worked!
Thank You!!!!

franb63 12-20-2008 12:58 PM

i am SO glad i found this.. i always wondered bout the thumbnail thingy :)

Pinky66 12-20-2008 01:06 PM

subcribing to learn how to do this......I'm artsy....not techy....I need all the help I can get! Thanks

Disneywed 12-20-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle (Post 12432469)
Oh joy! Oh rapture! It was totally easy too. For those of you having trouble, don't forget to hit "upload". That was my mistake the first time.

sorry!!! :oops:

kphorse 12-20-2008 01:45 PM

LOL, not to worry, we will walk each other through it all! 8)

momis mama 12-20-2008 03:28 PM

ok... i will try again!

i hit the upload last time and nodda

insert picture here! ha

nope!

aahhhh! it says i need to resize. that is a whole other trick!

Bar 06-02-2009 10:38 AM

Yippee!

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I'm so glad to find this thread. I'm testing:

Bar 06-02-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar (Post 14247682)
OK, I'm so glad to find this thread. I'm testing:

Yay, it worked!!! Thanks for the help!

Bar 06-02-2009 10:42 AM

Re: Yippee!!

1 Attachment(s)
Gonna try one more to make sure it wasn't a fluke, LOL!

twinstamper 08-03-2009 09:19 AM

I hope someone out there can answer me...I have read this entire thread and I do not have a box below the dialog box that says "manage attachments" at all. In the gray area list that is on the left side of my screen, there is a bold word that says "attachments" but when I click on it, it says Twinstamper does not have any attachments????? I have no clue, but I really need to be able to post a thumbnail in my private message. I've had several requests for a template and instructions on one of my gallery items and I don't know how to give it to them. Thanks somuch!

trulyblessed 08-03-2009 10:45 AM

Are you clicking on the "go advanced" button instead of "post quick reply? It is under that one

XcessStamps 08-03-2009 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Testing.

Crafts 08-03-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinstamper (Post 14788189)
I hope someone out there can answer me...I have read this entire thread and I do not have a box below the dialog box that says "manage attachments" at all. In the gray area list that is on the left side of my screen, there is a bold word that says "attachments" but when I click on it, it says Twinstamper does not have any attachments????? I have no clue, but I really need to be able to post a thumbnail in my private message. I've had several requests for a template and instructions on one of my gallery items and I don't know how to give it to them. Thanks somuch!

Hello, Melissa --

As far as I know, there is no current way to attach files to a Private Message. That's why you are not seeing the Manage Attachments option in the Send New Private Message window.

That link in the left column that you mentioned for "Attachments" is to manage the files that you have attached to your forum posts, not your Private Messages.

If you want to freely distribute your template, you can post it to one of the Downloads forums and then direct people to find it there. Here's a link to the Templates forum: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...play.php?f=143
In that forum, you will be able to start a new thread and attach files to your post.

craftymomto2 08-03-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

You could also post the template in the Download Forum under the Template section and direct people their from your gallery picture. Here is the link to the template section:http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...play.php?f=143
HTH??!

Marsha Drain 06-21-2012 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to learn how to do this too.

craftymomto2 06-21-2012 02:40 PM

Looks like you know how to do it too me! :)

UnderstandBlue 06-21-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh - my apologies for missing this thread!!!

Twinstamper did you get it figured out? You can do one of three things:

* Hit the paperclip to attach a file
*scroll down to see "manage attachments" below the "submit reply" button, or hit "go advanced" and then see it.
*If the image is hosted on another URL like your blog - hit the photo icon (looks like a mountain with a yellow background and a moon) and then add the DIRECT URL of the image in the box that comes up. That inserts it into the body of the post like this:

http://whitsblog.com/wp-content/uplo...3112bffbba.jpg

jeanstamping2 06-21-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 19508721)

* Hit the paperclip to attach a file
*scroll down to see "manage attachments" below the "submit reply" button, or hit "go advanced" and then see it.
*If the image is hosted on another URL like your blog - hit the photo icon (looks like a mountain with a yellow background and a moon) and then add the DIRECT URL of the image in the box that comes up. That inserts it into the body of the post like this:

http://whitsblog.com/wp-content/uplo...3112bffbba.jpg

I love the Burritokitteh......You made me Smile :D

SkyNacho 06-21-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 19508721)

I think you can be forgiven-- were you even on Moderator duty in 2009? ;)