Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Social media buttons in forums (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/social-media-buttons-forums-499532/)

wendella247 07-22-2010 05:17 PM

[quote=cardmaker2;17050343]I have a question-- a lot, actually because I don't 'so' an social networking except here, so I don't understand quite a few things.

Has this slowed down the site at all? My experience last night and this morning has been very slow for loading pages. I haven't checked out any other site except SCS but this is tedious. Maybe there is no connection.

Lydia, I have thought this more than once. You are so good at the computer aspect of your Moderator position as well as keeping the peace and always being gracious. Thank you for being so nice about things![/quote]

My sentiments too! You do a great job. Lydia!

Stampin Wrose 07-22-2010 11:52 PM

Okay, for me they're visual clutter. I guess they're useful for some people, I'd like the ability to make them invisible to me. :) I don't care what anyone else does - if they can use them to make life easier than cutting and posting what is in a public forum anyway, so be it.

But I'll never use them, lol. So if I didn't see the icons, I'd be happy.

Visual clutter is too distracting for me. I think I'm old. Or maybe the glasses. (Both.)

KayInFL 07-23-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 17053721)
Just wanted to post that I use adblock plus with firefox and was able to block the images. yay!!

Thanks for the tip - just did the same thing :cool:

Bagpuss 07-23-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333 (Post 17053786)
While that may be true - it's much easier to * share * information at the touch of a button. I would prefer to have an opt out button.

I realize that if someone wants, they can email my card to someone, or link them to it -but that's a lot more bother than just a click of a facebook button.

I would prefer to have a opt out button.

Sorry about that! That's just my preference.

I notice that the buttons are not in the CE area, which is good. But I'd prefer to have that option everywhere.

Me too! Totally agree with all of this.

sassyat30 07-23-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose (Post 17056331)
Okay, for me they're visual clutter. I guess they're useful for some people, I'd like the ability to make them invisible to me. :) I don't care what anyone else does - if they can use them to make life easier than cutting and posting what is in a public forum anyway, so be it.

But I'll never use them, lol. So if I didn't see the icons, I'd be happy.

Visual clutter is too distracting for me. I think I'm old. Or maybe the glasses. (Both.)

I agree with you. More visual clutter to add...along with all the ads down the sides, blinky ads at the top and bottom of the pages...

Now it's within the posts, too!

armadillo 07-23-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelel (Post 17054961)
I have read the thread but in my opinion this just makes it too easy for someone to share via social networking sites. I really people can copy and paste to the social sites but now it just seems, again to me, that this advertises to people to share other peoples work on other sites. Sometimes out of site is out of mind.

I was not pleased when the facebook option was added but was pleased when an opt out option was given. It would be nice to be given this option again. I believe that most of the people that visit this site on a regular basis would and do respect other peoples choice not to have their work posted on social networking sites.

I realize that I am in the minority in my opinion but thought I would just share my 2 cents on the matter.

I so agree with you.

TheOtherMeg 07-23-2010 09:46 AM

I, too, think the icons add to visual clutter. I blocked them in Firefox.

The Gibbs pic can be posted on every page, however. ;)

wendella247 07-23-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg (Post 17058001)
I, too, think the icons add to visual clutter. I blocked them in Firefox.

The Gibbs pic can be posted on every page, however. ;)

I'm with you! :)

Stampin Wrose 07-23-2010 12:31 PM

Bwa ha ha ha ha!! Glad everyone loves Gibbs! ;)